• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

If your going that far north you may want to stop by San Francisco and hit some of its sights. The weather there is great year around but keep in mind when you're traveling there. San Francisco hosts one of the few July marathons in the country because the weather cooperates with them. Its always the last weekend in July.

I forgot totally about San Fancisco. I don't know what the dates would be for either trip yet. I do know that when we do a West-coast trip, we'll be at Gettysburg for our anniversary, and the anniversary for the start of the battle, July 1.

I never thought I would be one of those people, but I have changed the dates of our stay! :laughing: This way, we'll be able to run the marathon and then relax the rest of the week.

So, we are now going January 11-20, BLT and we upgraded to the 1 bdrm with TPV!! :cheer2:

We are uber excited and cannot wait to go. Registered today on opening day!

Wow -- that sounds awesome!! I'll add you to the first page!

We are hoping to do 2 nights at BLT but only a lake view (a standard view would be even better but I hear those go really quick).

We had so much fun in Las Vegas!! The last time, I walked up to a Star Wars machine and put in a $20. I didn't know what I was doing and just kept pressing different places on the screen. I thought I had won 200 nickels. Since the last time my DH and I were in Vegas the slot machines had changed. They all used to give out actual coins, but this one wasn't doing anything. While my DH and I were trying to figure out what to do, a guy sitting by us leaned over. He explained that I hadn't won 200 nickels, but I had won $200, and he suggested that we cash out. He had to show us how to do that. :lmao: I would love to go back, I just want to make sure we have enough money for all the shows and enough for the Black Jack tables (our favorite). A lady I used to work for at a day care, wanted to go to Vegas but would never go. She was terrified that if she ever went to Vegas and had fun, that would be the time that Jesus would come back and she would spend eternity in h-e-you-know-where for having fun there.:lmao:

I used to work with one lady that her parents picked up her kids every Friday and brought them back to day care every Monday morning. I don't think I would want to be away from them that much, but it's nice to be able to from time to time. Also, I worked with another lady that both her parents and her hubby's parents wouldn't watch them at all, not even for them to go see a movie. If they came over to visit, they had to be there the entire time there kids were there.

Congrats on the $200 and good for that guy pointing out how much you won!!

The thing about the Star Wars sounds like something I would do if I ever went to Vegas now that I'm of age (was 18 when I last went, parents suggested it for my 21st but I wanted to do something completely different (not Disney)). Brings back memories of some of my first really exotic bets at the horse races (don't bet on all the races, just the big ones when I'm at the track). Poor cashier had to explain how some of the bets worked to keep me from over spending. Thankfully there wasn't a line behind me at the time so she could do that but still.

Looks like the manatee swim is definitely a go for us (well more for me, Mom seems more content to just watch this). I am trying to figure out things to do in the area after the swim (we are driving up night before to go on the 6:15 tour). I discovered personalized trail rides about 20 minutes north of CR which makes me feel guilty to even think about suggesting since I'm the only horse back rider of the family. Probably still to heavy for their horses but I should be at a good weight hopefully by January especially since I'm working on my goal to get down to 220 to make the weight I need for the local riding stables (225 with clothes on).

Manatee swim sounds great! Like I said we did one years ago and it was so neat! Found a mom and baby together and swam with them for a while.

I keep telling my DSs that we will take them to Vegas for their 21st birthdays. My DH wants to take them next year, in part of a trip that would include Thombstone, AZ, Disneyland, the Grand Canyon, and the Redwood National Forest. He wants to take them to see the Blue Man group that is there.

That sounds like a big, awesome trip!

I hope you don't mind me making these two suggestions but your trip made me think of two things. Two places you may want to check out in AZ are Petrified National Forest (just east of Flagstaff) and the small deer park jut west of Flagstaff. Went to both on previous trips to the GC though won't be going to either on the upcoming trip since we are coming into the North Rim via Vegas.

The reason why we were looking at the place up north and not FW (as cool as it would be ride on Disney property) is simple: personolization. As someone who has ridden a lot being stuck with a bunch of beginners on a trail ride gets very boring very quickly. And the Rymar Ranch (the stables I'm looking at) website said they will personalize based on riding experience. The only problem is that they need two riders. Mom is currently trying to see if we would be willing to pay the price for two riders if they would just take me.

Yes, you would be EXTREMELY bored by the ride at FW. I did it as a kid and although it was fun at the time, I remember you just rode a horse around for a bit...nothing adventurous.

Thank you for the suggestions. They both sound like fun!! Oh and I forgot that he wants to also go to Napa Valley, Redding, CA (b/c he lived there for a while) and Mt. Shasta.
My DH wants to me plan two different trips. One like I said before and the other going to the other coast and going to Gettysburg (he's a big Civil War nut) and to the Smithsonian museum. Once both are planned, he wants to see which one the boys want to do first. One will happen Summer 2013 and the other Summer 2014.

I'm near Gettysburg (1.5 hours away) and the SMithsonian Museums of DC (45 minutes away). That would be a great trip and I can probably suggest some other places to visit around here that are fun.

Congrats on the $200 and good for that guy pointing out how much you won!!
Thanks!! If he hadn't pointed it out, I probably would have kept playing until I was out of money. Instead we used it for several buffets.

I'm near Gettysburg (1.5 hours away) and the SMithsonian Museums of DC (45 minutes away). That would be a great trip and I can probably suggest some other places to visit around here that are fun.
I may just have to pick your brain as well. We have some friends, with a couple of super cute kids, that live in Lynchburg, Virginia. The hubby keeps tempting us with peanut soup if we come by and see them. The problem is that there is just much stuff up there that I want to see and do.

Thanks!! If he hadn't pointed it out, I probably would have kept playing until I was out of money. Instead we used it for several buffets.

I may just have to pick your brain as well. We have some friends, with a couple of super cute kids, that live in Lynchburg, Virginia. The hubby keeps tempting us with peanut soup if we come by and see them. The problem is that there is just much stuff up there that I want to see and do.

Lynchburg would be a bit of a haul...not someplace you'd go normally when visiting PA and DC. But like disney, there is so much to do here in southern PA, Maryland and Virginia that you can easily make several trips.

me too! Joining in soon.

I'm waiting a bit before starting mine but will let you all know!

Don't forget to change my dates on the main page, please!! :)

January 4th through 12th, instead of the 10th through 17th.

Thanks!! :goodvibes:

I felt like I should mention two things. A) I retitled my trip report from Operation: Show Mom the Magic or a January 2013 PTR to Just How Many Times Can One Surprise the Planner or A January 2013 PTR (see last post in there for explanation for new title) and B) Marshay you don't have my hotel listed, I'm at POFQ.

I felt like I should mention two things. A) I retitled my trip report from Operation: Show Mom the Magic or a January 2013 PTR to Just How Many Times Can One Surprise the Planner or A January 2013 PTR (see last post in there for explanation for new title) and B) Marshay you don't have my hotel listed, I'm at POFQ.

Will add your hotel now!:goodvibes

If I promise not to change my dates, can you add me pretty please :) :) :)

1/18-1/22 AOA

Absolutely!! but only if you don't switch anything :rotfl::rotfl2:

I know, I know...I'm switching things too. We just can't decide.

Were you able to book AOA? If so, where? We are looking to do AOA, too...well, rather it's either there or PO.

Just popping in to say that the November park hours are up! :hyper:

We just have to wait for December...and then January will be posted!!! :cool1:

Can't wait to start planning and making reservations!

Happy Saturday everyone!

Absolutely!! but only if you don't switch anything :rotfl::rotfl2:

I know, I know...I'm switching things too. We just can't decide.

Were you able to book AOA? If so, where? We are looking to do AOA, too...well, rather it's either there or PO.

No, I havent booked as yet, I'm going to in the next couple of weeks :)

Just popping in to say that the November park hours are up! :hyper:

We just have to wait for December...and then January will be posted!!! :cool1:

Can't wait to start planning and making reservations!

Happy Saturday everyone!

Yippee yippee yay yay!!

woo freaking hoo!!!!

Yeah, what she said!!

No, I havent booked as yet, I'm going to in the next couple of weeks :)

Ok, thought for a minute there Disney opened up their reservations for 2013 and I totally missed it!!:eek:

Hi All! Newbie here and SO excited to say that we are in the midst of planning our very first Disney Trip for Jan 2013!! I went a few years ago for an adults only mini trip. It was my first trip ever to Disney but man, was it amazing. Ive always wanted to take my babies and we are working hard to make that happen.

We are military and every time we have tried in the past, I either got pregnant or hubby deployed. Well, we just had baby #4 in October and deployment #5 is trying to stare us down so I thought, lets just do it now. Lets go.

Im trying to do as much research as I can and get all the tips and tricks. If you have ANY, I am open ears!! Our kids are 10,9,4,and almost 6mo. Ages will remain the same but the baby will be over 1 of course. This is a huge surprise for our kids. We aren't going to tell them until we are on the road. We'll make up some story about seeing my brother and sister in law in Atlanta just to get us half way and then lay it on them.

I can't wait to see their faces!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter