Official Gaia Game Thread List, Guide & Q&A (Pics post 48, Update post 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK you guys are having too much fun...how do I find you? I walk around shaking trees and rocks, picking up papers, dugging up flowers, and then some people see me and say get the girl, and the next thing I know they are all running after me, and saying really nasty things :mad: but the funny thing is i run away like they can really hurt me :rotfl2:

Oh no!! LOL You have to stop going into the populated areas of towns lol. Check the directory to see which towns have no ppl in them (view Directory -> View Population. Hover your mouse over the directory -- yellow areas are empty, and red areas are highly populated. If you hover your mouse over the squares in the directory, it will tell you how many Gaians are in that part of town...look toward the bottom. To find another part of town, click on the arrows up top right to go N, S, E or W until you find an area in town you want to go in, then click that square. :)

Do we have a square in towns for vmk? and my vmk name is the same as my dis name.

Pink, I've added your VMK title to the list. TY :) It's not an easy thing to have an entire square just for VMKers...I personally don't think it matters too much though. :)

I have another question (sorry) how do you get all the cool things you are wearing? I'm talking about the water wings, and the hoops ( I'm sure their not call hoops) the wrap around you, and your little furry animals, and some of your oufits? I looked through every store and didn't see them, not that I have enough gold yet...but someday I will..always think positive :thumbsup2

<<Updated Guide with more information on selling and making gold.>>

Well...there are certain items that are called "Collectibles." Each month, an item many of the collectible items that are/were never available in stores, were either available in the Cash Shop, or.

From the Guide: MONTHLY COLLECTIBLES:

Each month they sell a Thank You Letter, but you can't find out what's inside it until the 15th of the month. Each letter costs $2.50. I usually wait until they open to see if I like the collectible inside. Each collectible comes with 2 different choices of items -- you can either choose 1 of those items (which usually comes with many different poses), or you can keep the collectible letter for a long time so you can one day sell it for a lot of gold in the marketplace.

Many of the cool items that are no longer for sale in the Cash Shop, can be found in the Marketplace. Depending on the rarity, they can cost quite a bit of gold. The only way to get those items, is to pay with gold. If you don't have the gold and really want a certain item, you can buy Gaia Cash with real money (see info in Guide) and buy an expensive item in the shop with Gaia Cash. Then sell it back for half price. Keep doing this until you've accumulated the gold amount that you need to spend in the Marketplace. If you have items you don't want, you can check the Marketplace to see what that item is selling for. Maybe you're holding onto something that's worth quite a bit of gold. Put it for sale (see info in Guide).

Hey, Puzzles is my thing! EXCEPT that it's the same dull pictures all week since I signed on. Not the one in Day's pic. don't you get more gold the faster you do it? Or is it random payout? I like pinball a little but noway I could chat in there except between balls.
Anyone know what happened to my car and why Kasiks can go to my house but I can't? :confused: Key, if you find my house again, go to the fountain and look what number it is.

I'd really rather all new friends of mine (Fly, May, Days if you move..) set a time convenient to all...after I figure out HOW to place my house...and make a vmk town. Those who have the means to move can join in if they're not connected to their own town. That part reminds me of Animal Crossing which I really loved.

Hey. You might mention that there is a VMK Guild that everyone can join. There we have our own private forum. :)

Go to The Community Tab and click on Guilds.
Then click on Search in the middle of the picture.
Then type in VMK in the search box and click search.
Click on the guild and join us. :)

I also agree with Car. I love doing the puzzles. Except that besides changing the first puzzle after a week, all the others are the same. I haven't seen the one in Day's pics. Also, for some reason, puzzles haven't been giving me much or any gold for the last few days. :(

I joined and I'm really liking it so far. Although, I spent hours trying to catch a freaking blue bass yesterday for the quest. :rotfl2: I definitely would not feel comfortable letting my 13 yr old DD play, however. There is too much freedom to say what ever you want. All in all, I enjoyed myself.

I was debbidoodle on VMK and kept the same name here.

I joined and I'm really liking it so far. Although, I spent hours trying to catch a freaking blue bass yesterday for the quest.

I traded in 10 of the same fish for a blue bass in the fish store, and there were others who bought a blue bass in the Marketplace. :)

I would like to thank everyone for helping to coordinate what I think is the largest VMK community thus far on Gaia. I think we managed to place up to 26 VMKers in a related area, with about 20 of them being inside one 9-section neighborhood! WooooHoooo! I have a few pics -- will post them later.

EDIT: We actually secured 32 spots before strangers began taking over. lol
I will also post in the Guide, how we managed to accomplish this. I would be glad to help others in their efforts to move near friends, especially if you have a large group. There were about 10 friends who could not make it to the house closing party, so we secured plots for them as well. Like I thought, we really had to hurry because strangers did begin to move in. I'll post a plot map a bit later so you can get an idea of how we're all located. :)

For once in Gaia I am pleased to say that I know my neighbors. :hug:

I would like to thank everyone for helping to coordinate what I think is the largest VMK community thus far on Gaia. I think we managed to place up to 26 VMKers in a related area, with about 20 of them being inside one 9-section neighborhood! WooooHoooo! I have a few pics -- will post them later.

I will also post in the Guide, how we managed to accomplish this. I would be glad to help others in their efforts to move near friends, especially if you have a large group. There were about 10 friends who could not make it to the house closing party, so we secured plots for them as well. Like I thought, we really had to hurry because strangers did begin to move in. I'll post a plot map a bit later so you can get an idea of how we're all located. :)

For once in Gaia I am pleased to say that I know my neighbors. :hug:

Wow! 26 moved? What time did you get to bed? LOL.

Q and Fly haven't placed their houses yet according to the message from Q. Unless you know different. Do you know if there are anymore spots for them?

Grr! I'm having trouble with Gaia this morning. Probably due the the tweak they did earlier today.

Wow! 26 moved? What time did you get to bed? LOL.

You don't want to know ROFL. But it took at least 3 hours from planning to finish. And to think...this was supposed to just be a test. :rotfl2:

And actually...we managed to get 31 spots. EDIT: 32 spots. Wooot!

Q and Fly haven't placed their houses yet according to the message from Q. Unless you know different. Do you know if there are anymore spots for them?

I'm going over the spots this morning...I'll send them a message when I know what's available. If they don't get in on this move, they will have to sign on for the next one. :)

Since this wasn't supposed to be our "real" move (just happened that our test turned into the real thing), we were limited to who was at the right place at the right time. If you weren't on, most likely you missed this round. I'm still going over our place holders and will notify those who need to be notified sometime later today.

If you did manage to put your house down last night (or early this morning lol), don't forget to name it -- when you click to enter, highlight the undefined part and name your house. :)

Awww, I missed the big move!

I did request to join the guild though. I think the only way I'm really going to enjoy this game is with others. I have run across some pretty shady "adult" things over there. It's not really 'family friendly" but we'll see how it goes. LOL!

Oh, I am still FeyDolphy, too!

My Gaia name is LittleLovely13, VMK name is hhamster, DIS name is RaggedyAnnPrincess

Ok not sure if you guys have done the Kung Fu Panda quest yet. But I am really confused I gave him all the dumplings he wanted, and then nothing happened. Is something supposed to happen? I am so consfused...

Just to bother you days (jk), I decided to change my character title to something I fit more in it (Bliskanje) and I created another character with the title of Hakihea to secure it. I would have choose Kasiks though but it was taken by someone else :furious:

UPDATE ON MOVE TO VMK COMMUNITY:

I thought I would make a quick post to let everyone know how things went. Overall, we managed to secure 32 spots. We had hoped to transfer 10 spots over to friends who weren't able to be there with us. Unfortunately, this is proving to be too difficult, since Gaia's Housing commission places homes automatically when ppl ask them to place homes for them. It seems that they will place a new home in one that was most recently lifted. So, we now have a stranger living in our "VMK Town: Friends 4 Evr."

I would like to help another group (large or small), place their homes near each other. The only way to guarantee that you get a home placed is to actually be there -- no one can place a home down for you and switch with you later (it was a great idea, but sadly, it isn't a guarantee). For 1000 gold, it isn't worth it to try on all the houses we've placed. We would have done that if we could guarantee a friend could place their house, but there is no way to do that.

So, I would like you to place your name on this list, and list friends that you would like to live near. If you can message your friend and confirm that they would be willing to meet online one day (to be decided later) to place their home, that would be wonderful.

I am so disappointed that this did not fully work out the way we planned, and that we now have 10 friends without homes near us. I truly hate that I have to disappoint all of you.

Stay tuned for more information on how to create a Gaia community.

Just to bother you days (jk), I decided to change my character title to something I fit more in it (Bliskanje) and I created another character with the title of Hakihea to secure it. I would have choose Kasiks though but it was taken by someone else :furious:

Heh, I was looking at Bliskanje and said, "Who is this?!" Thanks for letting me know. Do you want me to add this info to the list, or replace your old information?

Question: I see that some people have animals in their avvies, are those available in the shops, or are they monthly collectibles?

Question: I see that some people have animals in their avvies, are those available in the shops, or are they monthly collectibles?

You're probably referring to those monthly collectibles that are no longer in the Cash Shop. Look for "plushies" and other similar items (with different names) in the Marketplace. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter