Official Gaia Game Thread List, Guide & Q&A (Pics post 48, Update post 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this board..Thank you AmberDaze :worship: :goodvibes
I have a question I use a Mac, and when I try to use tektek.org to make my profile, it doesn't work, only half the profile shows up...am I doing something wrong :confused: ..Sorry if I wasn't suppose to ask questions here.

I just found this board..Thank you AmberDaze :worship: :goodvibes
I have a question I use a Mac, and when I try to use tektek.org to make my profile, it doesn't work, only half the profile shows up...am I doing something wrong :confused: ..Sorry if I wasn't suppose to ask questions here.

Of course you can ask questions. :goodvibes Let me look around and see what I can find out. :)

Just wondering...is it a classic/old school or current? If it's a current layout, you have to change it to that in your My Gaia -> Account -> Theme.

DIS Name.................. VMK name..................... Gaia Name
ecsarabians...............PrincessAveri....................PrincessAveri

What a great thread.. thanks so much for putting it together!

I just found this and I am already on the list! :faint:
Days, you are incredible!

I changed my username from capturedbygrace forever... the new one is:

capturedbiGrace

Life would be easier if someone didn't already have my VMK title in there. :headache:

I also have a question...
I am completely lost as to what the social aspect of this is. The most I am aware of are the profiles, which seem nothing more than Gaia myspaces... which is fine but, there is are reasons I prefer Facebook to Myspace. ;) And I already have accounts like that.
I suppose there are the houses... but do you guys actually hang out in them and use the avatars socially? I walked around town a bit but I have only seen one other person besides NPC's.

I'm not trying to bash Gaia... I hope that isn't the tone I have put across. It's really cute and I have enjoyed the distraction in my cubicle hehe. I just feel like I am missing out on actually talking to friends character-to-character. Does/how/where does this happen?

I also have a question...
I am completely lost as to what the social aspect of this is...... I just feel like I am missing out on actually talking to friends character-to-character. Does/how/where does this happen?

Aww hugs. :hug: You're making me post pics LOL. Stay tuned!

Captain Brain (DIS) = Nyaruma (Gaia)

Was your VMK title CaptainBrain? That's the part I'm missing. :)

That link gives me this page:
Josie:
Hi caribbound, welcome to the Housing Commission.

You have selected a home, but you don't yet have a plot in Towns. Would you like me to pick the next available plot, or would you like to go into towns and pick a plot yourself? Once you select a plot, you'll need to pay 1000 gold in order to move.
Which if I click "I'll place my home", it gives me this page:
Josie:
In Towns, click on a nearby Vacancy sign to place your home. If you can't find any vacancies near you, come back here and click "I'll Place My Home" so you can try again. If you want to choose a completely different location, use the Directory to navigate in Towns.

Take Me To Town

Which if I click "take me to town" takes me back to the message that your link gave me above...

For those of you who can't imagine how much fun Gaia can be with your friends, here are just a few pics I captured (on all but the first pic I cropped out the chat window on the bottom to save space (but as you can see from the first pic, that is where you would type):

Me and Pics (Amazingsuperpixie) -- I was working on an insane puzzle (the most pieces) that was putting me asleep. Although, I have been known to fall asleep without the insane puzzle. No comments! :rotfl2:

5May2008PuzzlesWithPics.jpg

Me, Jegrezo and Green Monkey (hdmonkeybug) in a quiet part of town. She had just discovered what the emote button with the girl/boy does. The extended chat window explains it all. :rotfl2:

hdmonkeybug_omgthatispee7may2008.png

Me, Jegrezo and Green Monkey during the daytime hours. When you're in town and in houses, the days and nights go pretty quickly.

b986e5d6.png

Me, Pics, Flower (Doodlefritz), Samariah and Coral playing puzzles. Many times I don't finish a puzzle for many days, because we are too busy chatting! Don't forget to save your puzzle often! ;)

0658e50a.png

It was my birthday on May 23, so we sort of ended up in my house and wooohoooo --- party! We were even entertained by the many outfits of Penny... Hmmm, not sure if "entertained" is the correct word, but it was pretty amusing. By the way, don't think I allow ppl to stand on my furniture like Disney and Panda did -- she got into BIG trouble! And from the second pic you can pretty much guess which emote button is Penny's favorite... *sigh* Thanks to everyone who stopped by that night. Woot to silly friends! :hug:

1f05d10e.png

a86fcd99.png

Another pic of some of us late night ppl playing puzzles. This was fun because you can only fit 6 ppl in a room, and somehow Adventure managed to get in, standing room only. :rotfl:

7ef71f2c.png

Which if I click "take me to town" takes me back to the message that your link gave me above...

Car, when you're on the HOUSE page in Gaia where it asks do you want to place your home or have your home placed for you...If you want Gaia to place your home, click on "Place my home for me." This should pop up a window (if it doesn't load, click F5 to refresh that pop up window). This should bring you to town where you should start to see vacant lots (you may also see houses). You can go N, S, E or W to go to other areas of town. Once you find a vacant lot you like, click on it. :)

Okay, you've convinced me. :rotfl:

Now my question is... how do you all find each other to do these things?

Hehe... :hug: To see who's online at the same time you are, view your friends list and clicking "Online" (there's a link just to the right above your friend's list). We either pm each other where we are, or, you could get a list of your friend's passwords and server preferences and see if they are ever in a game room. We have a group that just happens to like playing puzzles. If we ever wanted to drop in on any of them, we just look for them in one of the game servers and put in their pw. If we want them to meet us some place else, we could either tell them in the puzzle room or send them a pm. :)

I'm sending you a pm on Gaia...I'm not on now, but I should be on later. :hug:

That link gives me this page:
Josie:
Hi caribbound, welcome to the Housing Commission.

You have selected a home, but you don't yet have a plot in Towns. Would you like me to pick the next available plot, or would you like to go into towns and pick a plot yourself? Once you select a plot, you'll need to pay 1000 gold in order to move.
Which if I click "I'll place my home", it gives me this page:
Josie:
In Towns, click on a nearby Vacancy sign to place your home. If you can't find any vacancies near you, come back here and click "I'll Place My Home" so you can try again. If you want to choose a completely different location, use the Directory to navigate in Towns.

Take Me To Town

huh.jpg
o_O

Of course you can ask questions. :goodvibes Let me look around and see what I can find out. :)

Just wondering...is it a classic/old school or current? If it's a current layout, you have to change it to that in your My Gaia -> Account -> Theme.

it's the classic/old school I am trying to do. I have tried all different one, but none work. Gaia ones worked..but I wanted a cool one :mad: did I just sound like a brat just now...sorry. :)

it's the classic/old school I am trying to do. I have tried all different one, but none work. Gaia ones worked..but I wanted a cool one :mad: did I just sound like a brat just now...sorry. :)

Sent you a pm on Gaia. :hug:

For those of you who can't imagine how much fun Gaia can be with your friends, here are just a few pics I captured (on all but the first pic I cropped out the chat window on the bottom to save space (but as you can see from the first pic, that is where you would type):

Me and Pics (Amazingsuperpixie) -- I was working on an insane puzzle (the most pieces) that was putting me asleep. Although, I have been known to fall asleep without the insane puzzle. No comments! :rotfl2:

5May2008PuzzlesWithPics.jpg

Me, Jegrezo and Green Monkey (hdmonkeybug) in a quiet part of town. She had just discovered what the emote button with the girl/boy does. The extended chat window explains it all. :rotfl2:

hdmonkeybug_omgthatispee7may2008.png

Me, Jegrezo and Green Monkey during the daytime hours. When you're in town and in houses, the days and nights go pretty quickly.

b986e5d6.png

Me, Pics, Flower (Doodlefritz), Samariah and Coral playing puzzles. Many times I don't finish a puzzle for many days, because we are too busy chatting! Don't forget to save your puzzle often! ;)

0658e50a.png

It was my birthday on May 23, so we sort of ended up in my house and wooohoooo --- party! We were even entertained by the many outfits of Penny... Hmmm, not sure if "entertained" is the correct word, but it was pretty amusing. By the way, don't think I allow ppl to stand on my furniture like Disney and Panda did -- she got into BIG trouble! And from the second pic you can pretty much guess which emote button is Penny's favorite... *sigh* Thanks to everyone who stopped by that night. Woot to silly friends! :hug:

1f05d10e.png

a86fcd99.png

Another pic of some of us late night ppl playing puzzles. This was fun because you can only fit 6 ppl in a room, and somehow Adventure managed to get in, standing room only. :rotfl:

7ef71f2c.png

OK you guys are having too much fun...how do I find you? I walk around shaking trees and rocks, picking up papers, dugging up flowers, and then some people see me and say get the girl, and the next thing I know they are all running after me, and saying really nasty things :mad: but the funny thing is i run away like they can really hurt me :rotfl2:

Rats! FlyingPegasus was taken so I am now

Queen FlyingPegasus

not sure what to do now, guess I should read this entire thread.

Fly

I have another question (sorry) how do you get all the cool things you are wearing? I'm talking about the water wings, and the hoops ( I'm sure their not call hoops) the wrap around you, and your little furry animals, and some of your oufits? I looked through every store and didn't see them, not that I have enough gold yet...but someday I will..always think positive :thumbsup2

Rats! FlyingPegasus was taken so I am now

Queen FlyingPegasus

not sure what to do now, guess I should read this entire thread.

Fly

:wave2: Queen FlyingPegasus I am DreamDazzle on Gaia. I only saw you a few times on VMK, hopefully I will see you more on Gaia. It is a lot of fun...you just have to watch where you hangout..some places are a little :scared1:
Read AmberDaze's Guide it really helps :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter