Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

angelmichelle said:
We're planning on ETWB so I'm pleased about her doing pictures with those who participate. Are adults discouraged to participate, though? (well, it'd be two young adults)

Not at all! From what I've seen, all ages are encouraged to participate. :)

Ahh, so the whole thing sways, including rails? Sounds neat. If you could see cars in front of you swaying differently from you, that would be awesome, too.

So basically, the floor the tracks are on isn't in a fixed position, at least in parts of the ride. That's still going to be an engineering feat if pulled off.

The track (rails) won't move at all.... It is a car that will swing on a pivot in the front and back of the car if what I see is correct. So as the entire train turns to the left, the car will "swing" out to the right and so on.

Think of it this way....a 5 gallon bucket.....the handle of the bucket is on the bottom though and connected to the track. You are sitting in the bucket. So the handle is fixed as it goes along, but the bucket can sway back and forth as you go into turns.

Hope this hasn't been even more confusing :).

Ahh, so the whole thing sways, including rails? Sounds neat. If you could see cars in front of you swaying differently from you, that would be awesome, too.

So basically, the floor the tracks are on isn't in a fixed position, at least in parts of the ride. That's still going to be an engineering feat if pulled off.

Sorry to argue the point, but I was just puzzled by the "how" of getting a tracked ride to sway. The easier way would have been to simply have the cars hang, a la Peter Pan (or some other thrill rides in other parks), but that wouldn't have exactly gone with the theming of a mine train.

This shows what I was trying to explain. Watch the whole thing. You'll see the cars move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTyOITQmpsg

We're planning on ETWB so I'm pleased about her doing pictures with those who participate. Are adults discouraged to participate, though? (well, it'd be two young adults)

I really hope it's not roulette style. :crazy2:
That would be just cruel.

They won't say "you need to participate to get a photo" but you sort of do.

But there are enough "part" for pretty much everyone. So when they say "does everyone who wants a part have one" be sure to raise your hand if you want. If you both participate, you'll both get a photo, just not together.

And I'm with you on roulette concerns. The smaller the number of princesses they have slated to be in there, the more hopeful I'd be they don't do it that way.

This shows what I was trying to explain. Watch the whole thing. You'll see the cars move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTyOITQmpsg

Ahh, very cool. For anyone else watching, right about the 1:00 mark is where they show the ride vehicle, with the swinging rider section (it swings left to right on the longitudinal axis) on top of the fixed rail bottom portion. Thanks for posting that.

As for projected opening dates, all I've seen so far is "sometime in 2014". I bet it's well into the year, too, since right now they've just begun putting rail in, from the photos I've seen recently.

As for projected opening dates, all I've seen so far is "sometime in 2014". I bet it's well into the year, too, since right now they've just begun putting rail in, from the photos I've seen recently.

I was hoping it'd be open early 2014 - right before the summer crowds. We're going in May and would love to ride it. :hyper: Buuuut, I'm not betting on it. It would just be nice.

angelmichelle said:
I was hoping it'd be open early 2014 - right before the summer crowds. We're going in May and would love to ride it. :hyper: Buuuut, I'm not betting on it. It would just be nice.

I've heard spring 2014

That would be pretty swell.

All I've heard from Disney is 2014 concerning the coaster and 2013 for the princess M&G.

Are there any other parts of the FE?

Well, there are those fancy Rapunzel restrooms..........

I'm acutally as excited for all the construction walls to come down as I am for the coaster itself.

Well, there are those fancy Rapunzel restrooms..........

I'm acutally as excited for all the construction walls to come down as I am for the coaster itself.

I've heard about those and seen pictures. I wish it was a Rapunzel/Flynn Rider M&G as well - not a fan of possibly losing Naveen if Tiana goes to the big princess M&G... wish the princes could stick around. But, alas.

they should have put the mine way in the back of FL so we didn't have to see it so much.

Maybe so, but I don't mind too much. It looks like it will be a real centerpiece of the area when finished, and will be a nice thing to have in the middle of the expansion. Lots of iconic things we take for granted now at WDW were plagued by construction walls that frustrated guests for a long time in the beginning.

they should have put the mine way in the back of FL so we didn't have to see it so much.

The mine train was actually a late addition to the overall plan. That area was supposed to have interactive meet & greets for Cinderella and Belle, similar to ETWB I believe.

I think I will like having it right where it is when it's done. I will enjoy the view of the rest of Fantasyland from the ride.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/...tual-ride-and-see-through-construction-walls/

I think the see through part of the construction walls was a cute addition. It'll be more exciting to look through once progress is made...

I'm glad WDW opted for this mine train rather than interactive princess m&g's - though they would've been really awesome... the coaster is more attractive to the general public (boys, adults).

I agree. Although I would have enjoyed seeing what they could do with those other stories after seeing what they did with Belle. I think the animatronics and interactive show make for a very unique Disney attraction.

But that line moves so stinkin slow I'm not sure I could have handled 2 more of those. And it frustrated me greatly that it sort of took Belle offline as a "meetable" character in the traditional sense in the MK.

To add to the 7DMTC, it swings side to side due to the g force when your making turns. There will be limits to how far it swings out to make it safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter