• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL D23 Membership available for all Disney fans--Will you join too? UPDATE

Where can I see information on the Times Square opening?????

Thee's no real information, other than D23 will have a 1-2 hr event on Nov 7th for those people who get tickets. Obviously, after that anyone can go to the store to see it. Don't need D23 for that.

The event itself is on the D23 site.

D23 announced that the winter issue of the "twenty three" magazine will be out on November 2nd and will feature TRON Legacy on the cover. In fact, D23 members will get a special cover with the regular "news stand" cover on the back.

Also, D23 members will get a TRON themed extra mailed with the magazine.

I really love the little extras that come with the magazine. I really think I am going to like TRON too...so this is great news.

Eric

Got back from our Halloween Disney Trip and found my new copy of "Twenty-three" sitting on the front step. The outer carton showed some wear and tear, but the magazine inside was in mint condition.

Love the new Tron cover (both front and back). I have not read any of it yet, or even opened it up to look at the pictures, but the cover is very cool.

Also love the TRON Legacy mouse pad that came with it. Very cool! :cool1:

I love those little extras they put in the magazines for the members.

Eric

Thanks for the heads up! Haven't gotten mine yet.
My membership will be up for renewal soon, expires 11/30. I guess I'd better hurry!

D23's 2011 special event lineup includes:

January 29: Special preview screening of Jake and the Never Land Pirates featuring David Arquette
D23 is partnering with Disney Junior – Disney Channel's new broadcast initiative designed for kids ages 2 through 7 — inviting D23 Members to bring their young swashbucklers for an advance screening of two episodes of Jake and the Never Land Pirates, a new animated series coming to television this February.

David Arquette is the voice of Skully, the parrot who keeps an eye out for Jake and his crew of kid pirates as they navigate the familiar waters of Never Land while dodging the devious Captain Hook and Mr. Smee.

Following the screening of the two 11-minute episodes, Arquette will sit down for a Q&A with D23's Disney Geek, Jeffrey Epstein, and will also take questions from the audience. Afterwards, the villainous Captain Hook will be available for photos and autographs in front of the Studio Theatre.

May 12-13: D23's Great Disney Scavenger Hunt: Walt Disney World
In spring 2011, for the first time in the 40-year history of Walt Disney World, guests will have the chance to scour all four Florida theme parks to win incredible prizes in this official Disney scavenger hunt. Each team will consist of 2-4 participants, and additional rules and registration information will be available soon at the D23 Web site.

May 14-15: Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th
Following the rave reviews of Destination D: Disneyland '55, this event will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Orlando resort, commemorating its history and heritage. Panels will include all-new presentations that build upon the successful panels at the Anaheim event, including:
•"Walt Disney World: The Way We Were," hosted by Disney Legend Dave Smith
•"Weird Disney World" with Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline
•"Walt Disney World Through the Eye of Television"
•A special evening event featuring musical memories from throughout the history of Walt Disney World
Other panels, featured speakers and details will be announced soon on the D23 Web site.

August 19-21: D23 Expo 2011 in Anaheim, California
Affectionately dubbed "The Ultimate Fan Event" by Disney enthusiasts, the D23 Expo brings the entire world of Disney under one roof, providing attendees with unprecedented access to Disney films, television and theme parks as never before. An event that only occurs every other year, this is the first D23 Expo since the premiere event in 2009.

Highlights of D23 Expo 2011's weekend activities will include:

•2011 Disney Legends. Paying tribute to the talented men and women who have made indelible contributions to Disney entertainment

•Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives. Featuring dozen of props, artifacts and costumes will be accessible to the public for the first time in Disney's history

•Collector's Forum. Where attendees can buy, sell and trade precious memorabilia and merchandise

•Fan Art Contest. Themed to 101 Dalmatians in honor of the 50th anniversary of the animated classic

•The Ultimate Disney Trivia Tournament will allow participants to demonstrate their Disney knowledge as they compete for outstanding prizes

•Many more one-of-a-kind D23 Expo panels, presentations and experiences, which will be announced in the coming months.
October 14-15: Sip & Stroll at Epcot in Orlando
As part the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, D23 is once again hosting their annual Sip & Stroll event exclusive to D23 Members. More details will be announced in 2011.

December 17-18: Magic and Merriment at Walt Disney World in Orlando
D23 brings back its annual holiday tradition celebrating the spirit of the season, exclusive for D23 Members. More details will be announced in 2011.

50 and Fabulous Screenings
At D23 Expo 2009, Disney fans were invited to view Disney film masterpieces that were celebrating their golden anniversaries — beloved animated classics and live-action family friendly films rarely seen on the big screen in the past 50 years. The D23 tradition continued in 2010, this time in the recently renovated, state-of-the-art 400-seat Studio Theatre on the Walt Disney Studio Lot in Burbank.

The 2011 season of 50 and Fabulous begins January 22 on the Burbank Lot. Tickets to the screenings are free (with a $5 ticket processing fee) for D23 Members and one guest and will include special D23 surprises. The schedule is as follows:

•January 22: 101 Dalmatians - Released originally January 25, 1961, the smash hit was rereleased in 1969, 1979, 1985 and 1991. Along with the memorable song "Cruella de Vil," 101 Dalmatians is known for originating the term "Twilight Bark" (the system which dogs across the countryside use to communicate with one another), which also happens to be the name of the quick news bits section of the D23 Web site!

•March 12: The Absent-Minded Professor - Originally released March 16, 1961, the film stars Fred MacMurray — the first Disney Legend — as Medfield College's Professor Ned Brainard, the inventor of the magical Flubber. The film also features the "Medfield Fight Song," the first song ever penned by Richard and Robert Sherman for a Disney movie.

•June 18: The Parent Trap - Originally released June 21, 1961, the film was lauded not just for its imaginative story but for its technical advances. Disney legend Hayley Mills plays both twins Sharon and Susan, separated as children by their divorced parents, who set in motion a plan to reunite their estranged parents. The Parent Trap earned Academy Award® nominations for editing and sound.

•Nov 19: Babes in Toyland - Starring Ray Bolger, Annette Funicello, Ed Wynn, Tommy Sands, Ann Jillian, Tommy Kirk and Kevin Corcoran, Babes in Toyland was released December 14, 1961 and has become a holiday favorite. Revisit Tom (Sands) and Mary (Funicello) as they prepare to wed in Mother Goose Village while dodging the evil Barnaby (Bolger). The Forest of No Return, an incredible gun that shrinks its targets and, of course, the many beloved songs, are all part of this magical adventure.

D23 Tours at the Walt Disney Studios and Archives
D23 continues to offer this rare opportunity for D23 Members to enjoy a two-and-a-half hour tour of The Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Archives, hosted by D23 and Walt Disney Archives staff. Space is very limited. The 2011 tour dates are:

•February 5
•April 30
•July 23
•November 5

Had anyone else had any problems with their D23 account? I'll try to explain quickly, as I feel like I've explained it a hundred times but no one will listen.

I posted on this very thread when I became a Day One Charter Member. Since I renew last year, something went wrong with my account. I have not once received my magazine on time, and it was only with a lot of effort, did I finally get someone to send it out. Each time they tell me, it's all fixed, you'll get your magazine when you're supposed to next time but alas, no magazine. So needless to say, I STILL have no received my Winter issue and I have been calling and e-mailing for the past two weeks. No one really seems like they want to help me at disneyshopping and they will not give me an actual D23 phone number or connect me to someone in D23. I am literally crying over it right now because it makes me so sad that a company like disney would not want to make sure that their "official fans" are getting what they paid for. I am at a loss, I just don't know what to do. I was really hoping to have this figured out once and for all by March because I reeeeally, reeeallly want to renew and continue to be a member of this fan club but I just can't do...I can't take another year of not getting the product I've paid for. I'm literally begging them to give me a reason to renew and they just are not. So this is the latest e-mail I sent to them this morning (through the "contact us" on the D23 website)"

Please help. There is something wrong with my D23 account. I feel like I have been saying those words for 10 months and no one is helping me. I have explained my situation many, many times, especially over the past couple of weeks but the bottom line is, I am not receiving my magazine and it is impossible to talk to someone at D23 to get it figured out. I am a Day One Charter Member and I literally break down in tears when I think about the fact that I can't renew my membership if no one will help me because I can't go through another year of fighting for what I paid for. This club was, like the slogan goes, "make for me" but it's like you are begging me to cancel it. Please, please give me a reason to renew. I so desperately want to, but I just can't spend the money if I'm not getting what I'm paying for. Won't somebody PLEASE call me or at least write me back and try to show that you care about your customers. This is a fan club, you should know how important this is to its members. I am literally in tears as I write this because I feel like I've put in so much effort to get my account figured out and no one is helping me.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.

So does anyone have any advice and what I should do? One moment I feel like I should just give up and not renew but that makes me so angry because I just have to be a D23 member so that makes me want to write to every disney head! I am just at a loss.....

So does anyone have any advice and what I should do? One moment I feel like I should just give up and not renew but that makes me so angry because I just have to be a D23 member so that makes me want to write to every disney head! I am just at a loss.....

Try sending an e-mail to feedback@disneytwentythree.com

You may get a resolution to your problem this way.

You could also try sending a letter to Disney Headquarters at:

The Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-9722

I looked into joining D23 but seems its a bit expensive for people in the UK as it costs almost $50 shipping!!:scared1:

Ok...so I got my copy of the Spring Disney Twenty-Three magazine a few days ago. It came with the advertised gift of a D23 Expo holographic baggage tag. It also came with a D23 watch. Was not expecting to get the watch.

I see on the Disney Store website that the watch is supposed to be this year's renewal gift. I have not renewed my membership for this year yet however. My membership expires in June...so I was waiting to get a reminder from D23 (like last year) and then renew. So, I expected to get the watch then, when I renew.

So, when I do renew, will I get another watch? I assume it was just a mistake that I got the first watch. Did this happen to anyone else?

Eric

Ok...so I got my copy of the Spring Disney Twenty-Three magazine a few days ago. It came with the advertised gift of a D23 Expo holographic baggage tag. It also came with a D23 watch. Was not expecting to get the watch.

I see on the Disney Store website that the watch is supposed to be this year's renewal gift. I have not renewed my membership for this year yet however. My membership expires in June...so I was waiting to get a reminder from D23 (like last year) and then renew. So, I expected to get the watch then, when I renew.

So, when I do renew, will I get another watch? I assume it was just a mistake that I got the first watch. Did this happen to anyone else?

Eric

I received the watch also but do not renew until June..... I didnt realize this was being advertised as a renewal gift..

I didn't get the baggage tag. Was everyone supposed to get it? Also I renewed early so I was supposed to get a pin, didn't get that yet either. Did anyone else?

The free D23 Expo holographic baggage tag was a free gift for D23 members that was included in the Spring edition of the Disney Twenty Three magazine. So, if the magazine was mailed to your house, it should have had the free bag tag in it.

I have not received my notice to renew yet. Last year I was encouraged to renew early and receive an exclusive pin for doing so. I did renew early and was mailed the pin seperately. It was a very large, nice Tinkerbell pin. I was hoping they would do something similar this year, but I have not heard about that yet.

I am still wondering why they sent me the D23 watch when I have not renewed my membership yet. And when I do...will I wind up getting another watch?

Also, has anyone heard ANYTHING about the Destination D event at Walt Disney World in May. They released the dates for the event, but nothing since then. I would love to know how much it will cost and when tickets go on sale. It's just a little over three months away now and I would like to do a little planning if I get to go...but I can't know that I will for sure get tickets since things tend to sell out so fast on the D23 web site.

Anyway, just thought I would ask if anyone has heard anything.

Eric

I received the Spring issue, my renewal card and the watch. Didnt see any baggage tags. :confused3

The free D23 Expo holographic baggage tag was a free gift for D23 members that was included in the Spring edition of the Disney Twenty Three magazine. So, if the magazine was mailed to your house, it should have had the free bag tag in it.

I have not received my notice to renew yet. Last year I was encouraged to renew early and receive an exclusive pin for doing so. I did renew early and was mailed the pin seperately. It was a very large, nice Tinkerbell pin. I was hoping they would do something similar this year, but I have not heard about that yet.

I am still wondering why they sent me the D23 watch when I have not renewed my membership yet. And when I do...will I wind up getting another watch?

Also, has anyone heard ANYTHING about the Destination D event at Walt Disney World in May. They released the dates for the event, but nothing since then. I would love to know how much it will cost and when tickets go on sale. It's just a little over three months away now and I would like to do a little planning if I get to go...but I can't know that I will for sure get tickets since things tend to sell out so fast on the D23 web site.

Anyway, just thought I would ask if anyone has heard anything.

Eric

I joined a long time ago, but I've missed out on some issues, so I was glad to see that they sell older issues online, which I will definitely buy! I've gotten the EPCOT Iron on patch (spaceship earth), the watch, the luggage tag (which I WILL use when I go to the expo), and the poster, which I framed and is hanging in my room!

Also, I was VERY glad to see that you get four member price expo tickets.

I got a piece of cardboard in mine that said this:
This card's sole purpose is to confirm the current D23 Membership status of the D23 Member whose name appears on it. When presented, along with valid identification and required paid admission, ticket, or reservation- this Card also grants D23 member to D23 Member special events, but does not entitle the D23 Member free or discounted admission to, or any other special priveleges with, and Disney or Disney-affiliated entity, location or program, including without limitation theaters, retail locations, theme parks, resorts, cruise ships, online destinations, restarurants, merchandise outlets or service providers. This Card is nontransferable, be sale or otherwise, must be surrendered upon request, and expires and is of no further use or value on the expiration date that appears on the back of the Card. This Card may not be replaced if lost or stolen

My membership expires in August and I got my card months ago. Was this thing just a mistake or a space filler? Perhaps just standard with the box?

I also got the watch and the luggage tag.

Wow...ok, this is starting to sound like just a widespread problem from the distributer of the D23 materials. It sounds like everyone is receiving things in different combinations, independant of if they were supposed to get those things or not.

Every Spring issue of the magazine that was sent out to current D23 members should have had a free bag tag. So, if you didn't get one in your magazine that was delivered to your house, something went wrong.

On the Disney Store website where you go to either purchase a D23 membership or renew a D23 membership, it clearly shows the D23 watch that is supposed to be your membership gift for 2011. It implies that you get the watch when you renew your membership during 2011. However, I, along with many other it appears, got this watch sent to us with the Spring issue of the magazine without renewing.

I have a feeling that D23 must know about some of these problems by now. Not much they can do about it though...I mean I plan on renewing my membership...but if I wasn't, I don't think I would send the watch back after they sent it to me.

Eric

Something is really worrying me. I'm the only one who has a D23 membership in our family, my card says Shelton S***** on it (not saying my last name), but when I tried to access the member price online, it worked but it worked with my mom's last name, which is different since she kept her maiden name. It says we have 4 member price tickets available, perfect for our family of four, but will we all need cards? Another thing, will the tickets have my mom's name on it or mine? And will it matter if the card has a different name on it?

I received my renewal package last week. It had my new member card, the watch and the spring issue of D23 magazine. Mine didn't have the luggage tag with it. Was it in the sealed bag with the magazine or was it separate?
I still haven't received the pin for renewing early.

Scavenger Hunt May 12-13 below & 40th Aniversary info below that!

from disney.com/d23

>>
The Hunt is on… Again!

Get ready to explore the World as D23 hosts the Great Disney Scavenger Hunt at the Walt Disney World Resort! Teams will take off across all four of the Resort's signature theme parks in search of answers to some challenging — but fun! — questions. Think you know everything there is to know about Walt Disney World? This will be the ultimate test as you and your team race against the clock to gather as many points as possible. The top 10 teams will win fantastic prizes, including goodies and collectibles from our friends at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Adventures by Disney, Walt Disney Records, the Walt Disney Collectors Society, Walt Disney Publishing and the Walt Disney Archives.

Because the resort is so big, we've made this hunt a two-day affair! Your team will have the chance to answer our quizzical queries inside the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. Because we have a whole World to cover, the rules and registration will be different from the D23 hunt that took place at Disneyland last year. So please read all the rules below very carefully. Comfortable shoes and attire are recommended!

Once we're done tallying the totals, we'll announce the winners — and the top teams can collect their bounties! Think you're up to the challenge? We can't wait to find out!

If you wish to request sign language interpreting services for this event, please submit your request to feedback@disneytwentythree.com at least two weeks prior to the event date.

Rules:

Park admission for the Hunt is NOT included. Teams are responsible for their own entry into the parks. Special convention-rate tickets are available for purchase here.
The Hunt will take place in all the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom.
The person who registers his or her team for the Hunt will be considered by D23 to be the Team Leader.
Only the Team Leader (purchaser) needs to be a D23 Member to receive the D23 Member team price.
Upon registration, you will be asked for your Team Name (so think of it before you register!).
Your Hunt confirmation will let you know at which park your team will start the hunt, so read it carefully. We will be launching the hunt at the same time at all four theme parks, so it is important you show up at the correct park.
Day One of the hunt will begin at 10 a.m. You should show up to your assigned park with your entire team to check in.
The Team Leader will be responsible for checking the team in. The entire team does not need to stand in line. However, the entire team must be present at the start of the Hunt in order to participate.
Inside the registration packet will be credentials with your team number. ALL team members must wear their credentials at all times.
At each park you will receive a booklet of questions. This booklet must be turned in completely intact when you exit that park to head to your next park. (For example, as you leave the Magic Kingdom, you must turn in your Magic Kingdom question book. If you forget to turn in your book, answers in that book will not count to your final score.)
Every team will receive three hours in each park — except for Epcot, where teams will be allotted four hours — to complete as many questions as possible.
Each team is responsible for their own travel to, from and between parks. All regularly operating Walt Disney World transportation will be available to you (busses, boats and, of course, monorails). If you choose to drive between parks then you will be responsible for any parking charges incurred. Resort hotel parking will not be available for Hunt participants (unless you're staying at that resort).
While registration begins at 10 a.m. on the first day, your hunt does not actually begin until you have completed registration. Your start time will be marked on the cover of your question book. So, if you do not finish registering until 10:30 a.m., that will be your official start time, and you will have three complete hours starting at 10:30 a.m. (or four at Epcot) to hunt. So please do not worry if you do not begin hunting right at 10 a.m.
After you have completed your first park, your team may then go to any other park you choose. (However, you must start the hunt at your assigned park.)
While we recommend you only visit two parks per day, you may hit as many parks as you like either day.
Your team has one shot at the questions at each park. Once you have turned in your question book for that park, it will not be returned to you.
All question books must be turned in by 9 p.m. on Day One at their respective parks. Points will be deducted for late returns.
Day Two will begin at 9 a.m. Your team may start at whichever park you choose.
Day Two will end at 5 p.m. All question books must be turned in by 5 p.m. at their respective parks. Points will be deducted for late returns.
Team members must be together at ALL times. (In the case of bathroom breaks, team members may wait outside the restroom.)
No running at any point. Any team seen running by D23 Scavenger Hunt representatives or Walt Disney World Security may be disqualified.
No cheating, obviously.
No impeding the success of other teams (e.g., trying to cover or remove answers to clues).
Teams must work on their own; Teams may not join forces with other teams to accomplish the hunt.
No asking Disney cast members for help.
D23 Scavenger Hunt representatives at the Resort may, at any time, check a team to make sure it has the appropriate number of members. Teams that do not remain together will be disqualified with no appeals.
If there is a participant on a team who is not able to ride an attraction for heath/physical reasons, that team member may wait by the exit of the attraction for the rest of the team. The team member may not leave the attraction area or pursue other answers to clues without the rest of their team present.
Any questions or issues will be decided by a panel of D23 judges at the Hunt. These decisions will be binding and final.
All written answers must be legible. No points will be awarded if judges are not able to read the answer.
All question books must be returned intact. Any teams turning in a ripped or torn book will be disqualified.
Winners will be announced at 8:30 p.m. on Friday, May 13 inside the Fantasia Ballroom of Disney's Contemporary Resort. The winning teams need not be present to claim their prizes.
In the event of a tie, there will be a lightning round of Disney trivia questions between one representative from each of the tying teams. The round will be overseen by one of the D23 judges. All decisions are binding and final. >>>>

40th Anniversary May 14-15th

This year Walt Disney World Resort is celebrating its milestone 40th anniversary, and D23 is saluting this magnificent occasion with a magical two-day event that will illuminate the rich history and storied legacy of Walt Disney's "Project Florida" for fans of all backgrounds — from the casual guest to the most ardent armchair experts.

Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th will transport D23 Members on a journey from the moment the first parcels of land in Central Florida were purchased in 1964 through the opening of EPCOT Center in 1982. The exclusive event will offer two full days of special entertainment, surprise guest appearances, a remarkable gathering of Walt Disney World "pioneers," retrospectives, screenings of rare and newly discovered film and TV footage, archival displays and informative presentations that will give D23 Members an unprecedented look at this truly spectacular World.

Highlights of Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th include appearances by such notables as Disney Legends Marty Sklar, Bob Gurr, Jack Lindquist, Charlie Ridgway, Tom Nabbe, Bob Matheison, Orlando Ferrante and Ron Logan, in addition to Debra Browne, the 1971 Walt Disney World Ambassador to the World.

The weekend will culminate with an enchanting concert, Magic Journeys: A Flight of Fancy through 40 Years of Walt Disney World Musical Memories, featuring Disney Legend and Academy Award® winner Richard M. Sherman.

All guests will also receive a complimentary, limited-edition reproduction of the 1970 "Preview Edition" of the Walt Disney World souvenir guidebook. Published exclusively for the Walt Disney Archives Collection, the 22-page soft cover booklet — featuring colorful photography and exquisite illustrations — highlights the excitement that was soon to debut in Orlando.

Plus there will be a special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives featuring rare items and artifacts from the creation and evolution of Walt Disney World Resort.

If you wish to request sign language interpreting services for this event, please submit your request to feedback@disneytwentythree.com at least two weeks prior to the event date.

You may purchase discounted Walt Disney World Resort park tickets to use during your time at Destination D and/or D23's Great Disney Scavenger Hunt by clicking here.

Current line-up for Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th (times, panels and talent subject to change):

SATURDAY, MAY 14, 2011

Opening Program
9:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
D23 Head Steven Clark welcomes D23 Members with some special guests and a few surprises you won't want to miss!

Weird Walt Disney World
10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Following their laugh-out-loud antics at Destination D: Disneyland '55, Walt Disney Archives director Becky Cline and Disney historian Paul F. Anderson are at it again — this time taking guests on a fun-filled trip through the strangest and most bizarre parts of Walt Disney World history. A peculiar "lawnmower tree?" A crazy cast of singing fruits and vegetables? Who knows what the duo will unearth as they explore the wonderfully weird and wacky side of the Vacation Kingdom.

Walt Disney World: The Way We Were
11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Remember the charm of the Orange Bird and the musical delights of the Mickey Mouse Revue? The elegant Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village and backwoods adventures along the Fort Wilderness Railway? Join Walt Disney Archives founder Dave Smith as we explore vintage pictures of Walt Disney World theme parks and resorts, including rare photos of construction and a fond look at some favorite attractions, shops and restaurants of the past.

Lunch Break
12:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.

EPCOT: Walt Disney's Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
2:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Walt's vision for an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow far transcended the realm of family entertainment and for many years remained shrouded in secrecy. Re-enter the 1960s hallways of WED Enterprises with Archivist Steven Vagnini and Disney expert Paul F. Anderson in this unprecedented look at the inspirations and plans for Walt's EPCOT, and find out the little-known ways that Imagineers brought their late founder's dream to reality throughout the entire Walt Disney World Resort.

Past Forward: A History of Walt Disney World on Television
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Like its predecessor, Disneyland, the early success of Walt Disney World Resort can be attributed to the extensive television exposure it received through both Disney broadcast efforts and news media coverage. Be sure to tune in to this nostalgic journey through Walt Disney World Resort history as reflected in the many national network TV specials and nascent offerings from the early years of The Disney Channel. Join Disney Archivist Rob Klein as he takes TV remote in hand to stroll through some of the many highlights of Walt Disney World Resort on television.

The Walt Disney World That Never Was
4:30 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
What do the Western River Expedition, Asian Resort Hotel and Sleeping Beauty dark ride have in common? While these amazing experiences were crafted in the minds of skilled artists at Walt Disney Imagineering, they comprise a different kind of dimension of Walt Disney World history: the grand experiences that never made it off the drawing board or out of the model shop. With an array of rare artwork and photographs, longtime Imagineer Tony Baxter lifts the curtain and takes us on a behind-the-scenes tour through the incredible world of the Walt Disney World that never was.

Dinner Break
5:45 p.m. - 8 p.m.

From the Vault: Walt Disney World Resort on Film
8 p.m. - Walt Disney World is not often associated with motion pictures and film, but from before groundbreaking up through the creation of EPCOT Center, Walt Disney World Resort was heavily promoted through such theatrical and internal films as "Project Florida," "The Magic of Walt Disney World," "A Dream Called EPCOT" and "EPCOT 77." Join your hosts Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter and Disney author and historian Tim O'Day as they screen these rare treasures from the Disney film vaults, plus newly discovered and restored documentation footage of the construction and early years of Walt Disney World Resort.

SUNDAY, MAY 15, 2011
Sunday Morning Surprise with the Walt Disney World Resort Ambassador Team
9:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
You won't want to miss this very special — and did we mention surprising? — presentation at the start of your day!

Walt Disney World in Detail
10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Think you know everything there is to know about the Walt Disney World Resort? Find out as we join Disney author and Imagineer Jason Surrell as he uncovers the little-known details and design references that have made ride vehicles, cast member costumes and even unassuming trash cans such treasured parts of the magic.

Imagineering Walt Disney World: From Yesteryear to Tomorrowland
11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Join longtime Imagineer Eric Jacobson, who oversees the portfolio for Disney's largest resort in the world. Eric will share insider stories and images of yesteryear, as well as new and exciting surprises of things on the horizon at Walt Disney World.

Lunch Break
12:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.

Creating "A Whole New Disney World"
2:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
What began as 27,400 acres of quiet Central Florida swampland blossomed into an incredible, one-of-a-kind vacation destination "Where Dreams Come True." From the top-secret acquisition of the land to the Imagineering and entertainment behind the magic, hear the stories of how it all happened in this impressive panel discussion featuring: Debra Browne, Orlando Ferrante, Bob Foster, Bob Gurr, and Ron Logan. Hosted by Disney Legend Marty Sklar.

Making the Magic Happen
3:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Opening and maintaining a resort the size of the city of San Francisco was no easy task and our panel of Disney Legends — Jack Lindquist, Bob Matheison, Tom Nabbe, Charlie Ridgway and Bill Sullivan — will recount what life was like making the magic happen, from opening the Magic Kingdom through the debut of EPCOT Center. It's a story of challenges, misadventures, creativity, and unbridled excitement for the leaders who inherited "A Whole New Disney World" from Uncle Walt and his Imagineers. Hosted by Tim O'Day.

Quick Break
4:45 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Autograph Session with Disney Legends and Authors
5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Please note, there is limit of one item per person to be signed for each guest. Thank you.

Dinner Break
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Magic Journeys: A Flight of Fancy through 40 Years of Walt Disney World Musical Memories
8:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
As a spectacular conclusion to Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th, Disney Legend and Oscar® winner Richard M. Sherman, who along with his brother Robert has contributed a multitude of tunes to the Disney parks songbook, headlines this unforgettable tribute to the melodies that helped shape the World.

Micks N' Mingle
9:30 p.m. - 10:45 p.m.
One last opportunity to meet your fellow D23 Members, the D23 Team behind Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th and some of our special guest participants before we officially bring our extraordinary event to a close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter