Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Do APH rates fluctuate after they have been announced for a particular date? Just got a lower rate at HRH because a standard room became available, so I can ditch the garden view I originally booked. If I keep checking back, is it possible I'll see an actual lower rate, or does Loews' dynamic pricing not apply to APH after the original offering?

It depends on your dates. We're going at the end of May/beginning of June and I just keep seeing room prices go up along with demand. More and more people being comfortable traveling means Universal can make up some of the money they lost when everything had to shut down.

If you're going at a less than peak time then you may see prices drop as demand drops.

Do APH rates fluctuate after they have been announced for a particular date? Just got a lower rate at HRH because a standard room became available, so I can ditch the garden view I originally booked. If I keep checking back, is it possible I'll see an actual lower rate, or does Loews' dynamic pricing not apply to APH after the original offering?
We have had our APH rate lower before for the same room category. We just call and they adjust the rate.

Piggybacking on the earlier mention of blackout dates for the seasonal pass:
have there historically been blackouts for the seasonal pass in October? our dates are 10/21-10/23. Hoping there might be some sort of APH rate for one of the three deluxe properties.

have there historically been blackouts for the seasonal pass in October? our dates are 10/21-10/23. Hoping there might be some sort of APH rate for one of the three deluxe properties.

Fall is the normal Passholder Appreciation Time. Don't know about those dates precisely since we prefer our local park for Halloween Stuff.

The last several years, seasonal pass blackout dates have been limited to: the weeks of Christmas and New Year's, the weeks before and after Easter Sunday, and the whole month of July. Universal Studios Florida (but not Islands of Adventure) is also blacked out on concert dates, which aren't always announced very far ahead. I know some of the concerts are during the Mardi Gras season: I don't know if there are any at other times of the year. There should still be some APH rates available for your dates, however. The last extension to the schedule was a big one -- through mid-August -- so it may be another 1-3 months before it gets extended into the fall. I suggest doing an APH search for your dates, bookmarking the results page (so you don't have to fill in your details again on subsequent visits to the site), and checking it every few days. Or just continue to keep an eye on this thread. ;)

Just booked a night at Cabana for our arrival night in July. We land at 10pm. Was going to stay at a hotel near the airport but it was literally only $20 more to stay at Cabana. $114 is crazy cheap for an on site hotel. Also officially ordered our AP. Figure we will do breakfast and maybe some pool time before walking over to Royal Pacific, which is where will stay the next two nights.

Last edited:
We are doing something similar. Our flight arrives at 9 pm, so we are spending the first night at SF (fingers crossed that they open, Cabana Bay only had family suites left by the time I booked flights) before moving to Royal Pacific.

I am stressing about food that night a little. We have a long flight, not much will be open at airport, looks like the resort and Citywalk restaurants will be closed, even DoorDash looks pretty slim pickings at that hour.

Just booked a night at Cabana for our arrival night in July. We land at 10pm. Was going to stay at a hotel near the airport but it was literally only $20 more to stay at Cabana. $114 is crazy cheap for an on site hotel. Also officially ordered our AP. Figure we will do breakfast and maybe some pool time before walking over to Royal Pacific, which is where will stay the next two nights.

Yeah, considering a car service. We always arrive at night - usually we rent a car, not this time - so I know from experience there is no food available at MCO.

You could always have your car service or Uber stop somewhere (if you are using one). That is what we will do if nothing is available at the airport. Or just save room for all the eating we will do the next three days!

Hmm, if I weren’t worried about it going bad, I would do that, for sure. It might be jerky and protein bars! I didn’t want this extra special celebratory trip to start this way, but it can’t be helped. Hopefully, SW will have a sale and I can change to an earlier flight. :)

I might buy an extra sandwich for everyone in my departure airport to have on hand.

I think something simple like ham and cheese would be fine. Heck, you could even throw a small ice pack in an insulated lunch bag in a carry on. We would be really happy with something like good cheese and bread and salami-that keeps just fine for a fight.

This may be a silly question but, I know that you have to have the AP sometime during your stay for them to honor the AP rate (can book whenever it is available) but can I buy my AP now online (before the end of March to get the 3 free months) but not activate until we arrive in Nov? Not sure I really need the bonus 3 months, other than I will be tempted to book a trip for Jan 2023 to get more use of it.

This may be a silly question but, I know that you have to have the AP sometime during your stay for them to honor the AP rate (can book whenever it is available) but can I buy my AP now online (before the end of March to get the 3 free months) but not activate until we arrive in Nov? Not sure I really need the bonus 3 months, other than I will be tempted to book a trip for Jan 2023 to get more use of it.
I think we are doing that-Buying this month for a trip in May.

Yes, this is fine. We bought our APs in January and will be activating them during our early April trip.

Hmm, if I weren’t worried about it going bad, I would do that, for sure. It might be jerky and protein bars! I didn’t want this extra special celebratory trip to start this way, but it can’t be helped. Hopefully, SW will have a sale and I can change to an earlier flight. :)

Our car service (TH) offers the free supermarket stop. It’s usually Publix and they have tons of premise sandwiches and salad that would make a great quick dinner, plus you can pick up a case of water and any snacks you might want for the room. Luggage services will keep your stuff for you including refrigerated stuff so no need to worry about wasting anything!

Yes, just do the "pay in full" option and you can activate the APs when you want. We usually purchase the APs online months ahead of time -- as soon as we start planning a trip -- and don't activate/pick our passes until we arrive on property. And YES, you will absolutely be tempted to book additional trips! ;)

My understanding (from Terms and Conditions someone posted in another thread for the APs) is that if you use the FlexPay option and pay in installments, your AP is activated at the time of purchase.

Yes, just do the "pay in full" option and you can activate the APs when you want. We usually purchase the APs online months ahead of time -- as soon as we start planning a trip -- and don't activate/pick our passes until we arrive on property. And YES, you will absolutely be tempted to book additional trips! ;)

My understanding (from Terms and Conditions someone posted in another thread for the APs) is that if you use the FlexPay option and pay in installments, your AP is activated at the time of purchase.
I would get the seasonal pass which doesn't allow for the flex pay anyway but I did note a few different things people noted about the FlexPay being different based on renewal and such.

I know we are going but I feel like once I buy those passes it will be more real LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter