Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

I just saw someone elsewhere mention that you can not apply your Annual Pass discount to your first stay. This doesn't sound right to me. Can anyone confirm?

I think they were referring to the parking benefit for the Preferred and Premier passes. You can't use the parking benefits until the AP has been activated which will normally occur during your first visit with that AP, but after you have already parked.

I think they were referring to the parking benefit for the Preferred and Premier passes. You can't use the parking benefits until the AP has been activated which will normally occur during your first visit with that AP, but after you have already parked.
This was on a facebook group and they specifically said "The annual pass discount doesnt count towards your first stay " in response to someone asking about hotel room bookings. Someone else weighed in and said if you activated your AP before check in you could use the discount. I was under the impression that as long as you activated before check out you could use your AP discount on the room......

This was on a facebook group and they specifically said "The annual pass discount doesnt count towards your first stay " in response to someone asking about hotel room bookings. Someone else weighed in and said if you activated your AP before check in you could use the discount. I was under the impression that as long as you activated before check out you could use your AP discount on the room......

We have taken many AP trips and never had a problem checking in, getting our AP rate and THEN walking to the ticket desk in the lobby and buying our AP’s (if needed)

Now this could be something new Universal started today? But even if it is just stop at the ticket desk first, then you will have your AP to check in.

Editing to add: A lot of people here find Universal after years of knowing and dealing with Disney. Remember Loews manages these hotels just like they manage the Hotels in any big city. WHY would Loews make it hard on their customers?
Just like on Disney property Swan/Dolphin may handle something differently than a Disney owned hotel would.

We have stayed in every hotel category at Universal and other Loews properties and never had a problem with their customer service.

Last edited:
Every experience I have had with Universal has been old school Disney The guest is always right . They want to keep their guests unlike the competition . Love Universal Studios Orlando !
This! When we showed up for our 2/12-2/15 trip they pointed out that my reservation was for 3/12-3/15. I'm not sure how I got the dates wrong, but after looking at my confirmation email it was clear that I had messed up. The young lady that was helping us went back and had the manager change the dates with no hassle.

This! When we showed up for our 2/12-2/15 trip they pointed out that my reservation was for 3/12-3/15. I'm not sure how I got the dates wrong, but after looking at my confirmation email it was clear that I had messed up. The young lady that was helping us went back and had the manager change the dates with no hassle.
That is amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience

Yay, that is a great rate. My DS who will be celebrating a birthday wanted to try HRH this time but, for our dates, the AP rate was too high to justify the move.

Thank you so much for posting! I got our dates, June 27th-July 1st at HRH. Went from $476 to $339!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter