Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

I put in a 13-14 min. mile for last year's Tink 10K and I was put in E. I put in 11-12 min. mile for this year's Star Wars 10K and I was put in G! It's been really random for me!

Does anyone know if you only have an official 10K time to submit for the half, do they adjust it since you'll be running a longer distance? I just went by the chart they had on the site.

Ok, well that's just all over the place??? I guess I'm just gonna put on my patient panties and wait to see where I'm at. Be confident in the training plan! /thanks all for the input! Happy Friday!!

:tinker: It's Fairy Friday! :tinker:

In which I blatantly steal the "Sundays Are For Disney"/"QOTD" ideas from other threads here in the runDisney section! :teeth:

We are 5 Fridays away from Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, so to keep us chatting/sharing ideas, I thought I'd post a question each Friday that we can discuss! Questions are about Disneyland Resort and/or the Tinker Bell Races!

5 weeks to go, Pixies...Happy Fairy Friday! :tinker:

Question of the Week: After a couple of race- and running-related questions, let's get back to Disneyland. Specifically, Disneyland food (yes, again). We've talked about Table Service and Counter Service...but what is your favorite snack at the Disneyland Resort? If you're a first-timer, what snacks are you planning on trying? Remember, on vacation, calories don't count! Especially when it's a RUN-cation! :goodvibes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My answers:

Hands-down, my favorite DLR snack is a hand-dipped ice cream bar at Clarabelle's in California Adventure! I will be having at least one over the course of the weekend! I will also be getting an Oreo shake from Haagen-Dazs and possibly a Peanut Butter Moo'd from Jamba Juice in Downtown Disney at some point (I know, I know - not Disney-specific, but I don't have either place near me at home!), along with an iced caramel latte from Ghirardelli in California Adventure! Oh, and a soft pretzel at some point too...and hot chocolate...I could go on...

I think I need to significantly extend this trip to fit in all of the food I want to eat. ::yes::

I also cannot pass up a visit to Trader Sam's...though I don’t think that counts as a snack. :scratchin

FAIRY FRIDAY!

@Ariel484 so I'm guessing that you like cold desserty things? :)

I've only been to DL once and it was almost 15 years ago...but I do remember the Bengal bbq skewers fondly. I think I also quite liked all the outdoor tables available (it wasn't too hot when we went.) And I did like the beignets outside listening to the jazz trio (I think we just got them at the counter service place/window.) But still not as good as real NOLA ones (sorry!)

So that's what sticks in my brain. But what I HAVE TO GET...
A corndog and a churro (everyone says they are the best, so I HAVE to try them.)
And those skewers again are a must.
I'd also like a dole whip from DL while waiting for the Tiki Room, since I've only ever had one at WDW.
I'm gonna take notes from you all.

Anyone ever have a churro funnel cake from the Hungry Bear? I may have watched a youtube or two about that particular food item.

Ok, well that's just all over the place??? I guess I'm just gonna put on my patient panties and wait to see where I'm at. Be confident in the training plan! /thanks all for the input! Happy Friday!!

Hopefully with your time you'll be in one of the early corrals. I'm keeping my finger crossed for the half. It would be nice to have a little buffer time to take some character photos!

Question of the Week: After a couple of race- and running-related questions, let's get back to Disneyland. Specifically, Disneyland food (yes, again). We've talked about Table Service and Counter Service...but what is your favorite snack at the Disneyland Resort? If you're a first-timer, what snacks are you planning on trying? Remember, on vacation, calories don't count! Especially when it's a RUN-cation! :goodvibes

Disneyland Snacks :lovestruc

Nothing beats a fresh Disneyland Churro. The carts are like every 50 feet and for good reason. :)

Other snack food favorites: Mickey cake pop; Mickey-shaped beignets from Cafe Orleans; Mickey Krispie Treat.

... maybe I just like biting the ears off Mickey treats :P

Churros, Mickey beignets, ALL the Mickey pretzels, and this year I finally want to try the flavored popcorn from the Cozy Cone. Generally, my goal is to eat at least one Mickey shaped thing per day.

Oh yeah, good reminder. Sis & I have a Cozy Cone mission as well I believe.
Speaking of...Hey @AuntieBean the weekly question is not about running...come discuss snacks with us :)

Well since I've only been to DL once before and it was many years ago, I cannot speak from experience. But, I do know I want a corndog because I LOVE a good corndog. I keep hearing about these churros, so that's clearly a must do. And, even though I'm hearing that the beignets are not as good as NOLA, I cannot pass one up!!

Well since I've only been to DL once before and it was many years ago, I cannot speak from experience. But, I do know I want a corndog because I LOVE a good corndog. I keep hearing about these churros, so that's clearly a must do. And, even though I'm hearing that the beignets are not as good as NOLA, I cannot pass one up!!

Don't listen to me, I'm a beignet-snob and yet I still haven't met one I don't like. There's just varying levels of yum. And I accept them all :)

:tinker::tinker::tink::tink:Fairy Friday..Woohoo

Treats...thinking about these things really keep me going around mile 8 and 9. A specialty candy apple, either Mickey Mouse or a Honey Pot apple from the Pooh store in Critter Country. The handmade English Toffee that is make on Main Street---not the package stuff from Florida, or even from the candy case, trust me on this...the stuff that you see the candy makers make on Main Street. (Trust me on this)
For "carb loading" purposes.....pretzel bites from Cozy Cone.:rolleyes1 Benniets too !!

:tinker: It's Fairy Friday! :tinker:

In which I blatantly steal the "Sundays Are For Disney"/"QOTD" ideas from other threads here in the runDisney section! :teeth:

We are 5 Fridays away from Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, so to keep us chatting/sharing ideas, I thought I'd post a question each Friday that we can discuss! Questions are about Disneyland Resort and/or the Tinker Bell Races!

Question of the Week: After a couple of race- and running-related questions, let's get back to Disneyland. Specifically, Disneyland food (yes, again). We've talked about Table Service and Counter Service...but what is your favorite snack at the Disneyland Resort? If you're a first-timer, what snacks are you planning on trying? Remember, on vacation, calories don't count! Especially when it's a RUN-cation! :goodvibes5 weeks to go, Pixies...Happy Fairy Friday! :tinker:

My must have snacks in no particular order: Churros, Ice Cream at Gibson Girl, Fudge, The worlds most expensive caramel apple, and adult beverages from Cove Bar or Trader Sams (yes I'm counting those as snacks!).

Churros, Mickey beignets, ALL the Mickey pretzels, and this year I finally want to try the flavored popcorn from the Cozy Cone. Generally, my goal is to eat at least one Mickey shaped thing per day.
Excellent goal. ::yes::
Oh yeah, good reminder. Sis & I have a Cozy Cone mission as well I believe.
Speaking of...Hey @AuntieBean the weekly question is not about running...come discuss snacks with us :)
:teeth: come hang out with us RoxySis!
My must have snacks in no particular order: Churros, Ice Cream at Gibson Girl, Fudge, The worlds most expensive caramel apple, and adult beverages from Cove Bar or Trader Sams (yes I'm counting those as snacks!).
You seem like a really cool person! ::yes::

I am making lists from all your responses!!

I keep hearing about churros- so one of those is definitely in the list!!

Let's definitely count Trader Sams - because I'm pretty excited about that.

Anything similar to the grand Marnier slushies in France in epcot?

I don't think I've really tried many snacks at Disneyland - probably too full from lunches and dinners! I do like the Mickey bar on a warm day. Ice cream is one of my favorites.

I've never been to Trader Sam's so definitely want to try it this time!

Probably has been asked and answered before, but I can't find answer just yet.
What flavors does DL races usually have for the Clif Shot gel station past mile 8?
I'm doing some testing of that particular brand this weekend and curious what they give out (knowing I'll carry my own too.)

Probably has been asked and answered before, but I can't find answer just yet.
What flavors does DL races usually have for the Clif Shot gel station past mile 8?
I'm doing some testing of that particular brand this weekend and curious what they give out (knowing I'll carry my own too.)

Don't know if it was at Tink or the DL1/2....but sometime in the past there was a fruit flavor, some vanilla type, and ones at the end are usually a caffeine chocolate or coffee flavor. I always pass up the others for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter