Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

I don't want to count my corrals before they hatch but this may be my only chance at an A and it'll just depend on the cutoff. So who knows? Maybe I'll go wish upon the evening star a few times.
I'm still gonna have a grand time no matter what (but I wish I wish I wish)

You rock, speedy! :D

I'm going in with an equivalent of about a 2:42 HM with my 10K time. I'd like to be in the back part of B. Worst-case C. We'd be in C if it stays like 2016's corrals.

Totally cool with C, especially after starting in G at Princess (which I was stoked to get!)

Of course now in googling corrals and race tshirts....

Is there a good place to see shirts from the past few years? Google keeps showing me the "I did it" shirts!

Also, is there ever coast to coast stuff sold at the expo? I might be tempted there....

What are you all wearing for shoes on your non-running parts of your vacation? I have a shoe conundrum.
I have two active pairs of running shoes. One that's about to die and likely will get put out to pasture post-Tink training and the other I am wearing for the half marathon (my only race.) My half shoes are my comfiest...my other shoes I just use for short runs now and I dunno about them for whole park days.
And I've realized I don't have a current super comfy park pair of shoes!!

Any suggestions? If I get new shoes I'll get them super soon to be able to break them in but I'm such a worry wart about blisters right now so close to the race.

Wondering if I should just get a second pair of my current half shoes (I've found them on sale on amazon and zappos) and just start working them in now.

The other layer of the conundrum is I'm buying Haunted Mansion New balance shoes at the expo for everyday shoes but won't wear them during that weekend (blister fears again.) Blarg. Conundrum.

Thoughts on what you all wear?

Although it could end up being the more leaf/light green of the half medal's ribbon???
Im hoping for just anything but black/gray/white (gimme springy or bright color!). I'd love if this was just the shirt
View attachment 229598
Yeah, I really like all of the colors they used here. I LOVE the flowers/pixie dust and the castle, so I hope something like the shows up on the shirts.
What are you all wearing for shoes on your non-running parts of your vacation? I have a shoe conundrum.
I have two active pairs of running shoes. One that's about to die and likely will get put out to pasture post-Tink training and the other I am wearing for the half marathon (my only race.) My half shoes are my comfiest...my other shoes I just use for short runs now and I dunno about them for whole park days.
And I've realized I don't have a current super comfy park pair of shoes!!

Any suggestions? If I get new shoes I'll get them super soon to be able to break them in but I'm such a worry wart about blisters right now so close to the race.

Wondering if I should just get a second pair of my current half shoes (I've found them on sale on amazon and zappos) and just start working them in now.

The other layer of the conundrum is I'm buying Haunted Mansion New balance shoes at the expo for everyday shoes but won't wear them during that weekend (blister fears again.) Blarg. Conundrum.

Thoughts on what you all wear?
I used to go by the method that once I retired a pair of running shoes, they would be my "rest of the time" shoes...but then I sort of realized that if they're shot for running, doesn't that mean I shouldn't wear them anymore, period?

What I do now is what I bolded in your post - I have shoes that are just for running and then I have that same model of shoe for "the rest of the time." Once my running shoes went on sale I stocked up on a bunch of pairs (I have like 3 unopened pairs at home :eek:). :thumbsup2

And I definitely find that I walk more at Disneyland between walking from the hotel and the fact that more park hopping happens since the parks are SO close together.

I just wear my retired running shoes usually and it's worked okay for me most of the time.

Also, do we know corral breakdown from last year by time. I'm hoping for B with my time. And, I assume men don't get put in A for Tink right? Like Princess.

I just wear my retired running shoes usually and it's worked okay for me most of the time.

Also, do we know corral breakdown from last year by time. I'm hoping for B with my time. And, I assume men don't get put in A for Tink right? Like Princess.
*** 2016 Corrals. NOT 2017 Corrals ***
Right, no men in A. Assuming they stick with the same 6-corral set-up, I'm hoping to be in at least B.
tinker-bell-corrals.jpg

Last edited:
*** 2016 Corrals. NOT 2017 Corrals ***

And PDC from last year. Gives you an idea of how much smaller the DLR races are compared to the WDW races...
33718077502_7f61957ee0_z.jpg

Last edited:
Right, no men in A. Assuming they stick with the same 6-corral set-up, I'm hoping to be in at least B.
tinker-bell-corrals.jpg

Oh drat, I had been using the 2015 corrals as a guide where 2:16 was the cutoff for A and that corral was way bigger. So I'm thinking I'll be in B then if its more like 2016. Oh well, it was a nice dream to have and still glad it pushed me so hard for my proof race.
(My estimate time window choice was 2:11-2:15 and my proof was ~2:13)

And I think maybe I'm going to only wear my older shoes one day a week from now on so I can wear them at the parks. Unless I cave and get a new pair of Nikes.

Stats from last year:

- No stats on 5K finishers but for some reason I have the number 4500 in my head (they may have said that the morning of the race? Anyone remember?)
- 8,369 10K finishers
- 13,144 half marathon (11,406 female + 1,738 male)

Oh drat, I had been using the 2015 corrals as a guide where 2:16 was the cutoff for A and that corral was way bigger. So I'm thinking I'll be in B then if its more like 2016. Oh well, it was a nice dream to have and still glad it pushed me so hard for my proof race.
(My estimate time window choice was 2:11-2:15 and my proof was ~2:13)

And I think maybe I'm going to only wear my older shoes one day a week from now on so I can wear them at the parks. Unless I cave and get a new pair of Nikes.
My proof is similar to yours...I was hoping for A too but I'm going to assume that B is more likely. But who knows what kinds of times are being submitted???
I got excited for a second that those charts were for this year. Whoops. :rotfl:
Yeah, I was afraid that would happen!

My proof is similar to yours...I was hoping for A too but I'm going to assume that B is more likely. But who knows what kinds of times are being submitted???

Yeah, I was afraid that would happen!

I'll just bring the Party to whatever corral I wind up in! (and by that I mean...I'll bring a ton of nervous energy and questions about if I need to go to the bathroom again or not?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter