Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Just read that the monorail will be closed starting 5/15. That's the Monday after the half.
So if you want to experience it; try to do it the days before. :)

Booo! It was closed last year too. I'll try to ride it as much as possible on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

Probably has been asked and answered before, but I can't find answer just yet.
What flavors does DL races usually have for the Clif Shot gel station past mile 8?
I'm doing some testing of that particular brand this weekend and curious what they give out (knowing I'll carry my own too.)
I recall vanilla, citrus, rasberry, and mocha at previous RunDisney races.

I posted these in my training journal, but wanted to share here too. Our custom t-shirts for the challenge arrived yesterday, so if you see me during the race, say hi!

10K shirt
IMG_3719_zpsbrxm285b.jpg

Half shirt

IMG_3718_zpsqa41cln8.jpg

Hopefully you don't actually see me on the ground when you run by!

@ZellyB CUUUUUUTTTTEEEE shirts!

Hope you get a chance to run past the Lost Boys during the 10k; they may ask you to be their mother!

I also want to hear a recap of how many people clap for you during the race (not because you are on the ground though!!!!)

I finally finished my race costume assembly! All my accessories are now purchased and assembled. And yes, it includes wings! Although if I decide last minute I don't want to "wing it" I'm gonna "force" my sis to wear them :)
I'll wait til it all arrives in the mail to make a "flat pic" of it. But I'm excited.

Newbie Questions

I have run many WDW races--I live in FL--but I am new to DL races. We are going to stay at either the Anaheim Hilton or the Anaheim Sheraton. How do we get to the race starting point? Are there shuttles, or do we walk? Also, where is the bib pickup. Sorry, I know, such a pathetic newbie--please help!

Hi, I stayed at the Anaheim Hilton for runDisney Star Wars weekend last year. Just show the ART shuttle bus driver outside the hotel your race waiver and they'll let you on free to the Disneyland Hotel for the expo. At the expo I got a ART bus shuttle pass for the weekend which was free.
https://www.rundisney.com/tinker-bell-half-marathon/#transportation

Last edited:
What are you all wearing for shoes on your non-running parts of your vacation? ...Any suggestions? If I get new shoes I'll get them super soon to be able to break them in but I'm such a worry wart about blisters right now so close to the race... Thoughts on what you all wear?

Ok, just for walking, the bestest most comfy shoes ever are Skechers Go Walks. Like walking on marshmallows. And comfy from Day 1 with no blisters ever (at least for me - I've had several pairs now). Try on 1/2 half size larger than you normally wear. You will be in love!

Come on!!! Every corral needs this!!!!

fcfe5df39dec19e325006c82f41b4114.gif

Omg, cutest thing ever. THANKS FOR SHARING! I could watch this all day!

Ok, just for walking, the bestest most comfy shoes ever are Skechers Go Walks. Like walking on marshmallows. And comfy from Day 1 with no blisters ever (at least for me - I've had several pairs now). Try on 1/2 half size larger than you normally wear. You will be in love!

Omg, cutest thing ever. THANKS FOR SHARING! I could watch this all day!

Thank you for the suggestion! I have a day off next week and I think I may have to snoop my local mall for some trip stuff and I'll try to find those.

1 month until the 10K/start of Pixie Dust Challenge! :tinker::tinker::tinker:

I'm starting to get SUPER antsy for corrals/course maps. :surfweb:

In 1 month I will be eating at the Blue Bayou for lunch AHHHHHH!
I'll be the one that looks like this
giphy.gif

1 month until the 10K/start of Pixie Dust Challenge! :tinker::tinker::tinker:

I'm starting to get SUPER antsy for corrals/course maps. :surfweb:

As it gets closer I'm getting more nervous I not so sure I was sane when I signed up for this challenge. I have a few 5k and 2 10k under my belt but those are all In The last 4 months

Last edited:
@MommyLove I'm looking online at the Go Walks and the kind without laces are super cute. Do you have a preference between the slip-ons and the lace up ones? #shopping

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter