"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A earlier post reminded me. Do you guys remember a fellow Dis'er making the light up skirts inspired by the parade dancers as costumes? That was such a great costume.

Thank you. I bought my party tickets and they show on my account. I called the DINE number. The CM couldn't find availability for any of the three restaurants open on party nights for any party night. She tried a few. Nuthin. She was confused and suggested I ask the concierge service for help because we are staying club level. She didn't think it was an "all the adrs are taken" situation. I'm going to email tomorrow and see what I learn.

I called yesterday and the CM I talked to me said the dining times hadn't been released yet. She said last year they were released in June or July. And like last year, she said dining during MNSSHP can be booked by phone or online. Online, the system assumes you have MNSSHP tickets so anyone can book those times (even those without party tickets who learn without such, they can't keep their dining reservation). Fingers crossed we all get the ADRs we want. Oh, even though I don't intend to do it, she mentioned getting an email last week saying they'd start booking the Halloween dessert parties in August. That's all I got. ;)

I called yesterday and the CM I talked to me said the dining times hadn't been released yet. She said last year they were released in June or July. And like last year, she said dining during MNSSHP can be booked by phone or online. Online, the system assumes you have MNSSHP tickets so anyone can book those times (even those without party tickets who learn without such, they can't keep their dining reservation). Fingers crossed we all get the ADRs we want. Oh, even though I don't intend to do it, she mentioned getting an email last week saying they'd start booking the Halloween dessert parties in August. That's all I got. ;)

Thanks for this info. I hate the waiting, but it's nice to have some idea when to expect it.

August?! Thanks for reporting that! The search will continue. Good thing I am always on the Disney site. I will leave and come back from a trip between now and then lol

For our first MNSSHP party (Tuesday 9/19) this is how I have our day planned. DH thinks I have lunch planned WAY too early. I on the other hand think it'll take more time than he thinks to get to/from DS and by the time we get back, it'll be close to party time. Any input?

Wake up and have a light breakfast @ Poly club lounge
Leave around 10:00 a.m. for ADR lunch @ The Boathouse 11:00 a.m.
Leave Boathouse around 12:30-1:00 p.m. and get back to Poly around 2:00 to change into costume
Leave Poly in costume to head to MK and get there around 3:00 and enter with our PH tickets and get party band probably towards back of park by Fantasyland somewhere.

Is my timing off? Too much time? Too little time?

enter with our PH tickets and get party band probably towards back of park by Fantasyland somewhere.

Not sure about the timing as we've never stayed at the Poly. What stood out to me (see bold) when you enter MK with your party ticket at 3:45/4:00 at the "MNSSHP Entrance" you'll receive your wristbands there along with your free trick or treat bag. Last year they also gave a ziplock goodie bag to help you get started!

Not sure about the timing as we've never stayed at the Poly. What stood out to me (see bold) when you enter MK with your party ticket at 3:45/4:00 at the "MNSSHP Entrance" you'll receive your wristbands there along with your free trick or treat bag. Last year they also gave a ziplock goodie bag to help you get started!

Because we'll likely be entering the park around 2:30-3:00. :)

Leave Poly in costume to head to MK and get there around 3:00 and enter with our PH tickets and get party band probably towards back of park by Fantasyland somewhere.

Okay, but you have "enter with our PH Tickets" and not enter with our park tickets:upsidedow

If the monorail is working, it should only take about 10/15 minutes to get to MK from Poly. If not, MK is the next boat stop and that will take a bit longer.

For my second MVMCP in December last year, the monorail broke at GF while I was staying there. The people flooded the boat deck, managers came out explaining more were coming so we could get to our party, etc. It took over an hour for me to get to MK from GF that time. This was after the day I was heading to TTC and rolled back into MK and evacuated. >:(

If the monorail is working, it should only take about 10/15 minutes to get to MK from Poly. If not, MK is the next boat stop and that will take a bit longer.

For my second MVMCP in December last year, the monorail broke at GF while I was staying there. The people flooded the boat deck, managers came out explaining more were coming so we could get to our party, etc. It took over an hour for me to get to MK from GF that time. This was after the day I was heading to TTC and rolled back into MK and evacuated. >:(

We got stuck at Poly when the monorail broke down and we had to be back at CR for the DME bus back home. Panic set in, we raced to the boat dock, just missed one boat, waited for the second, ran from MK to CR and made it with 10 minutes to spare. Fun times. LOL.

I'm planning to go to one of the parties early September but probably won't have enough money to book for another month. That will be ok won't it? Not like they will sell out?

I'm planning to go to one of the parties early September but probably won't have enough money to book for another month. That will be ok won't it? Not like they will sell out?

Not likely but I go on the theory anything can happen anytime.

We got stuck at Poly when the monorail broke down and we had to be back at CR for the DME bus back home. Panic set in, we raced to the boat dock, just missed one boat, waited for the second, ran from MK to CR and made it with 10 minutes to spare. Fun times. LOL.
OMG, that sounds like a nightmare! I'm glad you made it! The monorail is great (convenience, not much more) when it works. When it doesn't, it's infuriating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter