"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For our first MNSSHP party (Tuesday 9/19) this is how I have our day planned. DH thinks I have lunch planned WAY too early. I on the other hand think it'll take more time than he thinks to get to/from DS and by the time we get back, it'll be close to party time. Any input?

Wake up and have a light breakfast @ Poly club lounge
Leave around 10:00 a.m. for ADR lunch @ The Boathouse 11:00 a.m.
Leave Boathouse around 12:30-1:00 p.m. and get back to Poly around 2:00 to change into costume
Leave Poly in costume to head to MK and get there around 3:00 and enter with our PH tickets and get party band probably towards back of park by Fantasyland somewhere.

Is my timing off? Too much time? Too little time?

This will be my first MNSSHP (yay!), but I remember for the first MVMCP that we went to, we spent most of the morning at our resort (since we knew we'd be at the party late), and then had a mid-afternoon lunch at the GF, and went in to MK - it felt more relaxing with nothing planned for the AM. For me personally, it seems like a lot of back and forth going over to DS for early lunch and then back to resort and then to MK. Again, just my opinion:). Also, I found that at MVMCP that there were not many quick service locations open after a certain time so if you wanted to get dinner later, you may want to keep that in mind. I can't say for sure that's the case with MNSSHP, but if someone here who has been has some input, that is something to consider.
Have a wonderful time, I know I can't wait to go!

This will be my first MNSSHP (yay!), but I remember for the first MVMCP that we went to, we spent most of the morning at our resort (since we knew we'd be at the party late), and then had a mid-afternoon lunch at the GF, and went in to MK - it felt more relaxing with nothing planned for the AM. For me personally, it seems like a lot of back and forth going over to DS for early lunch and then back to resort and then to MK. Again, just my opinion:). Also, I found that at MVMCP that there were not many quick service locations open after a certain time so if you wanted to get dinner later, you may want to keep that in mind. I can't say for sure that's the case with MNSSHP, but if someone here who has been has some input, that is something to consider.
Have a wonderful time, I know I can't wait to go!

Thank you - unfortunately it's only day we can get to DS Springs and Boathouse is a must for me this trip! We planned a pool day but then DH threw out a 2 party idea and who am I to say no to that lol

If you are not going to another park that day, using a PH at 3:00 will use up one of your days.

Yep, that's why I said PH (park hopper) tickets and not a party ticket. The difference between a 8 day PH and a 9 day wasn't much at all, so getting into Mk earlier - even if only by an hour or 2 - is worth it for us :)

Yep, that's why I said PH (park hopper) tickets and not a party ticket. The difference between a 8 day PH and a 9 day wasn't much at all, so getting into Mk earlier - even if only by an hour or 2 - is worth it for us :)

I like the way you think! I never would have considered that.

I had to go check this out for myself. Literally less than $11 a person. I waited in the party entrance side last year and was so jealous of the people with Day tickets who got to go through and get their bands while we stood there just waiting and waiting. Smart move. Very very smart.

I had to go check this out for myself. Literally less than $11 a person. I waited in the party entrance side last year and was so jealous of the people with Day tickets who got to go through and get their bands while we stood there just waiting and waiting. Smart move. Very very smart.

For me to get the 9th day, I only have to pay $10 before taxes. I would rather spend that money to avoid long lines at the front entrance. I am planning to use the Express Bus service from Epcot as I will be staying at BC to bypass the MK security. The challenge though is to get into Epcot in costume. We will pack the ears and tails in our bags then put everything together once we get to MK.

For me to get the 9th day, I only have to pay $10 before taxes. I would rather spend that money to avoid long lines at the front entrance. I am planning to use the Express Bus service from Epcot as I will be staying at BC to bypass the MK security. The challenge though is to get into Epcot in costume. We will pack the ears and tails in our bags then put everything together once we get to MK.
I have seen people dining in costume at Epcot during MNSSHP. I think you will be fine.

I would think the walk through security at Epcot, then the walk to the express bus, then waiting for the bus, it would be faster to go direct to MK from your resort and go through MK security based on recent pics that show a very little wait these days due to the security check-points at the monorail resorts.

I would think the walk through security at Epcot, then the walk to the express bus, then waiting for the bus, it would be faster to go direct to MK from your resort and go through MK security based on recent pics that show a very little wait these days due to the security check-points at the monorail resorts.

We are planning to grab some food at Epcot before going to MK. That's why. Then maybe a ride on TT. :goodvibes

I'm planning to go to one of the parties early September but probably won't have enough money to book for another month. That will be ok won't it? Not like they will sell out?

Purchasing your September party in July you should be fine. The only party that sold out early was on Halloween.

Debi, what are your dates for travel?

We are one step closer to attending our first MNSSHP. Booked our flight to Orlando for our Universal trip - Aug 23-30. We already have a bounceback room booked at Disney for the 29th. I am just waiting to buy our tickets for the Aug 29th party. The party will be our only "Disney" this trip.

ETA
I have our party day all planned even though I don't have a ticket yet.

9-10 Transfer by town car from Universal to Contemporary Resort
11:30 boat to Wilderness Lodge
12:00 explore Wilderness Lodge
12:30-1:30 late lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe
1:45 boat to CR
2:15 change into costume / relax
3:15 exit CR walk to MK
3:30 in line for MK party entrance

If our room is ready at CR then we may scrap WCC and just hit the CR pool and QS and relax in our room.

Last edited:
First time party goer here, so maybe a rookie question but some of the above posts got me thinking.

We do have park hopper tickets. We'll be at Epcot in the morning for a few rides, early lunch at Via Napoli, and then back to Wilderness Lodge to rest for a couple hours before heading over to MK. If I can get the guys in my family to do anything, it's probably only going to be t-shirts or something--no real costumes. Not sure that we'll get there super early, but probably around 4:00 or so.

At that point, can we just go through the regular lines with our day ticket? When do they shut down the regular admission lines? And then we'd hit one of the spots in the park to get our tickets scanned and get our party bands? Is that easier/less time consuming?

I had just assumed I'd need to go through the long party line, but wondering now if there's an easier alternative!

First time party goer here, so maybe a rookie question but some of the above posts got me thinking.

We do have park hopper tickets. We'll be at Epcot in the morning for a few rides, early lunch at Via Napoli, and then back to Wilderness Lodge to rest for a couple hours before heading over to MK. If I can get the guys in my family to do anything, it's probably only going to be t-shirts or something--no real costumes. Not sure that we'll get there super early, but probably around 4:00 or so.

At that point, can we just go through the regular lines with our day ticket? When do they shut down the regular admission lines? And then we'd hit one of the spots in the park to get our tickets scanned and get our party bands? Is that easier/less time consuming?

I had just assumed I'd need to go through the long party line, but wondering now if there's an easier alternative!
Day visitors can be in the park until 7, but you can use your regular ticket to hop in any time before that, or use your party ticket any time after 4 at the tapstiles.

Day visitors can be in the park until 7, but you can use your regular ticket to hop in any time before that, or use your party ticket any time after 4 at the tapstiles.

Thank you! I'm just wondering which is the easier option. Party line at the entrance or regular ticket there and get my band inside the park somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter