October 2022

mills10

Mouseketeer
So my wife and I just thought of starting to plan a trip for Oct 2022. I got on Disney's Website to check a few things and discovered that you can make reservations already for Oct 2022 and they have ticket prices listed already for that time. It has been awhile since we have gone, but I don't remember being able to select tickets for dates that far out before.

Does that seem right? Any pro/cons for buying now verse waiting? The big thing that makes me hesitate is they say they are non-refundable. A lot can happen in 18 months so is it worth buying tickets now? My thought is prices will only increase as time goes on.
Hmm what to do?

You should always be able to get credit for the price of the tickets for future ticket purchases, in case a better deal rolls along. So if you think you might go again in 2023 or 2024, it shouldn't hurt to buy them now.

Would you be booking a package ?

We are planning for November 2022 and with so much uncertainty I’m most likely going to book a room and tickets package. That way if we cancel we aren’t out anything. And don’t have tickets we may not use.

I really want to rent points but things would have to be much different for me to take that plunge come December. Same with buying tickets outright.

Last edited:
Would you be booking a package ?

We are planning for November 2022 and with so much uncertainty I’m most likely going to book a room and tickets package. That way if we can cancel we aren’t out anything. And don’t have tickets we may not use.

I really want to rent points but things would have to be much different for me to take that plunge come December. Same with buying tickets outright.

We are planning on staying off-site so no package.

As of now, the only day that has no availability this October is the 1st, on the 50th anniversary. IMO, I see no reason for buying tickets this early for October 2022.

I would wait and purchase after the 1st of the year ( 2022 ). My reason by this is because a lot can change park-wise between now and then. Pricing may change so you'll have to weigh that into your decision. I would check and see how much the last few increases have been and then decide. IF you decide to book now vs. later, I would look into travel insurance. Some will cover items like park tickets and some won't so you'll have to do some research.

Our last trip was in Sept 2019, and we booked it in I think June or July of 2018 (onsite hotel and tickets) - we did it this far ahead so we knew our prices were locked in and it gave us plenty of time to save. I don't think it's that uncommon for them to have dates 18 months out, I suppose with so many people having cancelled or rescheduled trips from 2020 they released all of 2022 at once?
We are now planning Sept 2022, and will likely book hotel and tix around the same time this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter