~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

I'm following along. I am planning a DW trip with my grandkids next fall and I can't decide between September and October. We definitely want to be there for MNSSHP. How were the crowds in October? I would probably go mid October because that's when my kids have a school break . BTW just ate Chipotle for lunch and thought of you.

I'm here finally and caught up! Glad you guys had such a good first day (much better than ours!).

I agree with jumping back into a routine when you get home. We got back on Wednesday and I allowed myself Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to be a sloth. Yesterday I started back in tracking my food and tonight I'm back to the gym. I did weight myself on Thursday and if our work scale is right, I didn't do too bad while on vacation.

Can't wait to see more updates!!

I've been here, but the dis has been acting up so I gave up trying to read and post. so far it has been working tonight.

How nice that Josh wanted to come with you on shopping even if he went off doing his own things.

what a shame that V locked her self out. I can't believe she managed to take her phone with her outside but not the keys. Sounds like she tried to be a little dramatic since she chose to not use the clothes Allison had in her car.

How nice of Allison to make you all a nice dinner

Have a great Halloween. As usual I'm NOT celebrating Halloween. In Norway this is something new that is very commercial and the only reason we have it is because all the stores want to make money before the crazy Christmas shopping starts. Of course all the kids falls for the shops advertising and make their parents buy costumes and candy. It's also a shame that the only thing kids goes dressed up as are scary things like zombies, vampires and that sort of thing. No one dress up like Disney characters or other cute stuff which I think it's a shame.

Yes - it was fun... he wasn't off on his own the entire time, just for a little while. :)

She went to church without her purse - her keys were in her purse, so when she got home - we were gone and her keys were inside the house. ::yes::

I totally understand - I hate the gory part of Halloween... I wish it was nice and fuzzy all of the time. ::yes::

That is annoying. You should get a keypad lock on our door so you don't have to worry about keys. We can get into our house from our garage, in fact most days my girls do that instead of taking their keys out of their bag.

Wish Allison good luck in school! I'm excited for her.

Sounds like a perfect first day!

I need a due over of the weekend. Saturday at my girl's soccer game, Sydney collided with another girl ( probably the biggest kid on the other team) going after the ball. She cntiuned playing, but you could see she was in pain, so she limped off the field. After the game, DH walked across the field to help her. We went out to lunch and she would not straighten her right arm, or use it to hold her burger. She could move her fingers and squeeze but said it hurt :(. We stopped at an urgent care place. From the examination and x-ray said pretty sure it is a break over the growth plate. Just gave her a sling and said call the ortho on Monday.
She is still not herself. Since I wasn't sure if the ortho would want to see her today or tomorrow, i sent her to school. I'm going to pick her up soon to go to the ortho.

We are planning to do that... As that was super annoying. LOL

Thanks! I am so excited for her too - today is the day! :woohoo:

This is just terrible!!! How did it go yesterday? Did you get any new news? How is she feeling? Sending get well vibes and pixie dust her way! :lovestruc

The sundae at Ghirardelli's sounds delicious

Great photos from the mini photoshoot at Disney Springs.

How nice that Cindy was able to give you a ride back to Shades of Green and that the guard said it was OK for her to park at the parking ramp so she could see the resort.

What a great first day at Disney :cool1:

It was very good! We had a fun time there!

And it was nice to sit and visit with Cindy! :lovestruc

Overall - it was a great and relaxing first day at Disney - just how I like it! ::yes::

Sorry about V locking herself out of the house. It does sound like she was being a little dramatic, though. I'm glad that Josh decided to go shopping with you. I hope Allison found clothes for school.
Your Dis meet at DS looks like a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for Alex and Ani bracelets, too. I bought the Big and Little dipper set when I was at DS. We have a shop that carries Alex and Ani stuff. I try to stay out of there or I'd really be in trouble.
I ended up going to Pat Catan's yesterday and buying a new cutting mat. then I spent the rest of the day cutting squares. I love my rotary cutter. When i first started quilting all that was done with scissors.
Have a great day.
Liz

She was - however - I did find the spare key that we used to keep hidden in the purse I was using before we left for Disney - so it was partially my fault too... I had gone to get extra house keys made before we left - and I didn't realize that I didn't re-hide the key.

Allison did find lots of nice things for school... She has to wear solid black from head-to-toe... Thankfully - we did great at Old Navy! It was the shoes that were an issue... She still didn't end up with something I feel would be comfortable - however - the only way she will learn is to stand up for 8 hours in uncomfortable shoes...

I love the Big and Little dipper set - those are so cute! I was actually looking at those! Thankfully - we don't really have very many shops in the area that carry them - otherwise I'd be in a lot of trouble. LOL

I hope you enjoyed your day of sewing... I go back to work today - I've been a slacker for 3 weeks and loving every minute of it. LOL

You too! :lovestruc

What a nice first day! Cute pictures at DS - love your b/w top. I had to LOL at you having one "go to" meal at restaurants. I do the same thing - makes life much easier

Thanks! I loved the top too - however - I washed it while we were there and it really shrunk... Which means I need to shrink some more if I want to wear it again. LOL And I am a little undecided on that side seam slit... I think I may try to make it a little smaller - I am not sure I enjoy that it goes up to my rib cage. LOL

Yes - I am definitely a creature of habit. LOL Why wreck a good thing? Right? LOL

This explains why I could never get a reservation back in the day (1990's). I tried on several occasions but they were always booked up. So I just quit trying (and we also lived nowhere near it for a long time.). Didn't ever try again until just a couple of years ago!

Where is this Photopass area? I never saw it, but I also didn't spend enough time at Disney Springs to see everything.

Yes - This is what I have heard anyways - SoG would book up the second that rooms were available and it was VERY difficult to ever get a room there... The big expansion in 2002-2004 was very much needed and alleviated a lot of the issues.... It seems like they have a decent ratio of being full/having open rooms. :scratchin

If you are outside looking at the building - it's right in the doors with Ghirardelli on the right and TrenD/all those little shops on the left.

Such a fun first day!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the newly completed DS. We were last there October 2015 so it wasn't quite finished. Everything definitely looks different from all of the pictures I've seen, very 'Florida-like' in regard to their outdoor malls.

Very sweet of V to pay for your bracelet, your girl has a lovely and generous heart.

Ghirardelli! Oh my word do I love this place but the calories!! Even so, we must stop by at least once on our DS visits. There's one here in Chicago right around the corner from work and while my friends from Maine were visiting for the first time a couple of weeks ago, we stopped there. If you love mint you MUST try the brownie sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream and dark chocolate hot fudge. So delicious but thankfully it's a very rare occasion I stop in there!!

I'm glad Cindy was able to visit with you for a bit at SoG, sounds like a really nice ending to a great day.

Have a Happy Halloween!

Yes - it's very Florida like, and beautiful... It's just different. I'd love to have more time - and money - to explore there. ::yes::

It was very sweet... However - she does work hard for her $$, so I wish she would treat herself every now n' then too. :lovestruc

No kidding!!! Mmmm.... That sounds amazing!!!! I will have to try that one!

Yes - it was a great and relaxing ending to a great day!

Thanks - same to you!

Yes I am the same way about food. I'm starting to get a little more adventurous sometimes...like instead of the same Pick 2 at Panera, since they changed the cheese (yes the cheese) on the caesar salad I no longer care for that as a pick 2 item and now get a sandwich with either my French Onion or Broccoli Cheddar soup. I've tried a few sandwiches so far...but even those I have to special order and make them remove tomato or onion from them!

THANKS so much for clarifying the rooms. I checked and we have:

Room Type: • 2 Queen Beds
• Sleeper sofa
• Coffee Maker and Refrigerator
• Private Patio to Pool Are

So yes pool view room so we'll get a patio and I'm not even sure which pool to request...but with the little boys I'm thinking the Mill Pond Pool would be great. Of all our stays at SOG we have NEVER been to any of the pools there. Sad, huh? Even this trip is only for a night there, so unless the temperature allows us to swim at night we probably won't even take advantage of it this time. I may at least request we all get rooms together (I've booked all 3 reservations but at different times/days) and maybe Magnolia would be better if we can face MK at night.

Love the latest update and really hoping we can also finally visit Disney Springs this time around, as we have yet to get there either...well since it converted from Downtown. I think it's been several years since we've ventured over there.

I love Panera - sadly I don't eat there often as I try to avoid bread - and there isn't much there without it. LOL

If you will get time to swim - I do highly recommend the big pool with the slide - it's a lot of fun - V was able to try it out later in the trip. However, if you don't think you will have the time to swim - the Magnolia pool is very nice too, with a decent view of Wishes if you sit out on the patio. ::yes::

It did turn out very nice... A little confusing with all of the new stuff - still very nice though.

I've loved reading your past reports so can't wait for this one

Awesome! Welcome! I am super excited to have you here again and reading along! :lovestruc

Looks like you had a great first day! Your resort looks amazing and the room is so big. Sorry the bathroom set up wasn't the best though. I think you should have bought those sunglasses. They looked great on you.

My son stopped over last night as he got his vacation approved. So we got his flight picked out as prices had come down. His ticket was a little more than last year, but then he picked basic economy. You have much less choice on flight times though, so this time he paid a little more but he also got to pick his seat. So he got window seats both ways and towards the front of the plane. I think it was a pretty good deal for $248.

I'm starting to get a little excited now and it just seems so much closer. It's only 85 days until we start our drive!

It is a great resort - I really need to take the time, one of these trips, and walk around to take some pictures... Some of the decor/furniture they have around leaves me a little :scratchin - but the resort itself is pretty great.... I just can't beat the price or the size of the rooms.

Hahaha - thanks! I already have red dotted ones, which I had with, but I didn't wear at all on this trip. I sort-of forgot about them. Oops!

Yay!!! That is so exciting!!! I am so glad he is able to go with you! That is a decent deal on airfare! I was also looking at airfare this last weekend - I had a hard time not pulling the trigger as it was only $98 each way... I almost booked another trip to WDW. LOL But I NEED to wait.

Exciting!!! :woohoo: It will be a great trip!

That's a really long first day!
What a cute resort!
We love Capt Cooks. So many quick things that aren't offered everywhere else.

It does get to be a long day - which is why I prefer not to do any parks that first day - even though we are anxious to start our trip. It just works better if we don't have anywhere to be.

We love Shades of Green!!! So much so, I am pretty sure we won't be staying at a Disney resort again - until their prices come down... I love to go - but I just cannot afford the prices.

Exactly!!! I need to branch out and try more. LOL

I'm following along. I am planning a DW trip with my grandkids next fall and I can't decide between September and October. We definitely want to be there for MNSSHP. How were the crowds in October? I would probably go mid October because that's when my kids have a school break . BTW just ate Chipotle for lunch and thought of you.

Yay!!! Such a great time of year to go!!! I have never been in September... However, I have been several times in October and even November... and weather wise - both Oct and Nov were spectacular... Warm, but not sweltering! I would definitely recommend October.

Crowds weren't terrible - for the most part - however, many people were complaining that it was much busier than years past... I think - no matter when you go - it's gonna be busy.... Disney has sooo many resorts - plus the off property people - I just don't think there really isn't a busy time to be there anymore... Until they open another park to disburse some of the crowds... :scratchin

Hahahah... I've re-edited my bowl again... I am under 400 calories with it at the moment, and it's pretty good. ::yes:: It's hard for me to eat a meal anywhere - even at home - for under 400 calories. ::yes::

I'm here finally and caught up! Glad you guys had such a good first day (much better than ours!).

I agree with jumping back into a routine when you get home. We got back on Wednesday and I allowed myself Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to be a sloth. Yesterday I started back in tracking my food and tonight I'm back to the gym. I did weight myself on Thursday and if our work scale is right, I didn't do too bad while on vacation.

Can't wait to see more updates!!

Welcome home!!! I hope your trip was wonderful!!! And hopefully it was better than your first day... Are you planning to do a TR?

Yes - I have to do it right away, like the very next morning... I cannot wait or my routines are a mess. LOL I also finally weighed myself yesterday - and it wasn't as bad as I feared... I am under my highest in recent years, so that's good... but I still have a long ways to go to get to my lowest. LOL So, there's work to be done...

I am excited to share them! :lovestruc

I've been here, but the dis has been acting up so I gave up trying to read and post. so far it has been working tonight.

Welcome back Tess... Such a bummer that The Dis has been acting up on you. :( Glad you were able to get it working for a little while. ::yes:: I've missed you and it's always great to see you here!~ :hug:

*********************************************************************************************************

Well, I had a nice day yesterday... I worked out right away in the morning and did Level 1 of 30 Day Shred... I truly detest doing 30ds, it's a hard work out... Desperate times call for desperate measures... :scratchin I also weighed myself... It wasn't pretty, however it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am under my highest weight within the last year - so all is not lost... I still have a ways to go for my lowest weight however... Typically - I don't judge my success by my weight - there are just too many variables there... it is a good tool though - combined with other things to get an idea of where I am at. I feel like I am making good choices over the last week (can you believe we've been home for a week already???) - and headed in the right direction again. Which is good. ::yes::

Yesterday was also my last day off from custom orders... I spent the day with Allison - as she goes back to school today...

We both put our best Halloween on - and got into the spirit of the day... She wouldn't let me out of the house with my head gear on though - so that was a bit disappointing... She said it was just "too much"... Sigh.

First stop - as always - Starbucks...

20161031_103445.jpg

Then we had to look around the Super Target store... Love Super Target! LOL I got a great deal there too... I found a sweater vest/dress/tunic type thing that I loved - and then I grabbed a pair of clearance C9 work out capris and a pair of shorts... Checking out - my total was $44... I had a coupon for $10 off of apparel when you spend $40, Cartwheel had sweaters at 30% off... Then as a Team Member, I get a bonus 20% off of all C9 this year (Target's way of promoting healthy living), I combined all of the above with my regular Team Member 10% and my Red Debit Card of 5%... My total was $17!!! :woohoo: Pretty awesome! I was happy with that!

After that - we were on a mission to find Allison a pair of black shoes to go with her all black wardrobe she needs for school... That is a toughie - since she is a size 11 shoe... A hundred stores later - we finally found a pair, however, I wouldn't exactly label them "comfy" - as they have about a 3" heel... Buuuut... I am the mom and she has to learn on her own... Soooo... :scratchin We'll just watch and see how that goes. ::yes::

We came home and the girls got ready... Both of them went out with different friends.

Josh and I stayed home to watch the door... This was a very sad year for Trick-or-Treaters... We only had 2 sets. :( I was so bummed! We have tons of leftover candy... Oh well - I sent it all to work this morning with Josh. ::yes::

SC enjoyed watching the few kids that we got though... LOL

20161031_175601.jpg

Both girls made it home safely last night and they had fun - so that was good. :lovestruc

Today... It's a heavy lifting day for me...

Then I am back to work on custom orders in my sewing room... It was really nice to have 3 weeks off - I wish I could afford to do that before/during/after each trip. LOL

I have to go to town later today & I will plan it so I can pick V up from school.

That's about all! I hope you all have a wonderful day! I hope you enjoyed your Halloween! Sending Prayers and Pixie Dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~

My total was $17!!! :woohoo: Pretty awesome! I was happy with that!
that is great!

This was a very sad year for Trick-or-Treaters... We only had 2 sets. :(

My neighborhood was quieter than normal. I have a big bag of chocolate that I'm going to return to BJ's.

This is just terrible!!! How did it go yesterday? Did you get any new news? How is she feeling? Sending get well vibes and pixie dust her way! :lovestruc
Dr though from looking at x-ray that it was broken on the inside of the elbow, but examine her didn't thing it was or she would have been in more pain. Where she was in pain didn't look like a break on the x-ray. But he gave her a splint that we can take off to shower. No sports for 2 weeks.
She was supposed to have a flute sight reading test today since she tied with one other girl with a 99 on the seating audition but can't play :(

I know you probably get asked this all the time but do you make bags for just
yourself or can they be purchased? They're all so unique and beautiful

V's outfit is very cute. That was really nice of her to buy the bracelets for you.

Ghiradelli gives a 10% discount to AP holders. I don't think that they offer the special 20% anniversary discount. But 10% is nice. We need to go back there for a redo on our hot fudge sundae from our last trip there. They didn't give us enough hot fudge and DH didn't want me to ask for more. I shouldn't have listened to him since I'm still mad about the disappointing sundae. ;)

I'm behind!!! Where is the PhotoPass area at Disney Springs? I didn't know there was one there! SO sweet of V to buy the Alex and Ani bracelet for you!

I'm excited for Allison to start cosmetology school -- she'll be great at that!

We have a Super Target and I love it. And what a great deal you got on the clothing you bought yesterday! Woohoo!!!

We only had a total of about 12 trick or treaters last night. I didn't even give away half of one bag of candy -- and we were being *very* generous with the candy (I bought two huge bags)...so I sent all of the candy to work with Mark today and he said he'll give it out to his students. LOL

We started reintroduction and so far it's not going well. I don't feel nearly as good as I was during W30 and my joint pain has flared back up with a vengeance. *Sigh* But it's better to know these things and be able to be proactive.... I go in tomorrow for MRIs to check for MS. We're really hoping and praying it's not MS -- and none of us (neurologist included) think that it is but it's the next test on the list....*sigh*

Have a great day!

Welcome home!!! I hope your trip was wonderful!!! And hopefully it was better than your first day... Are you planning to do a TR?

It was! That first day was rough though lol. We only had one rough day after that so it was nice. I am planning on doing a TR. I just have to finish gathering the rest of our photos. We took pictures with both our cell phones, both our Kindles, my 2 digital cameras, and PhotoPass lol

My total was $17!!! :woohoo:

WoohoO!! That's awesome!

This was a very sad year for Trick-or-Treaters

We didn't have many over at my in-laws house either. I think the larger trick-or-treat events (trunk or treats, church fairs, subdivisions that go all out) are eliminating smaller neighborhoods. Kind of sad, really.

So, I had my first Chipotle experience yesterday when my boss catered lunch for all the teachers--make your own bowls. OH. M. G. It was DELICIOUS!!! and of course made me think of you immediately :)

Your first day sounds like a dream!!! Hanging out with friends and starting to soak in a little magic sounds delightful. I agree with you on Disney Springs--it just doesn't feel the same as DTD did. I preferred it the old way, but will definitely still have to trek over there for World of Disney and the Christmas store!! Also, we've never stopped at Ghiaradelli because I always figure we can get ice cream anytime, but good Lord that salted caramel sundae sounds AMAZING. Guess I'll have to add that to my list :)

What a shame that Allison didn't let you go out with her with your head gear on.

Allison's face painting is cute :lovestruc

I can't believe you get more than one discount on items. That's great though because then you can get really good deals at the store. :) They never allow more than one discount here :(
Sounds like you did some really great shopping yesterday :)

Here black shoes are the easiest to find because that's the most common color on shoes here. I'm glad Allison managed to find a pair of black shoes even if they have a bout 3" heel. I hope she will be able to wear them a whole day at school.

What a shame that you didn't get many Trick or Treaters on the door. Sounds like a good idea to get the leftover candy out of the house by sending them with Josh to work. ::yes::
I'm glad to hear the girls had a fun night and made it home safely.

Yesterday I had a Cafe event with adults that has Cerebral Palsy. We had a good time and talked about a lot of stuff. On my way to the Cafe at around 6.30PM there were A LOT of kids outside dressed up as scary creatures and some adults following them. I think it's good that the parents are with them. I haven't seen that many people out in the streets in that time of day for a very long time. 2 hours later when I was on my way back home I didn't meet any people a long the streets.

The back door on my new car doesn't work as it should. It's supposed to open by it self when I push a button, but sometimes it will not open. Then you have to go outside and push the door to get it to open. Then the elevator will come out and everything works as it should. I will have to take the car back to the garage so they can have a look at it and fix it. But with my luck the door will open just fine when I go to the garage to show them and then they won't understand what's wrong. Well I will just have to try and go to the garage and hope that the door won't open so I can show them the problem.

We will be going for the Christmas season, so we are excited for that...and will be doing one of the Christmas parties-so we are definitely excited...Your first day looked like a lot of fun, and I love the picture of you kissing V- her expression is priceless. Can't believe how different Disney Springs looks.

Looking forward to hearing/reading more.

~Amy

I had Chipotle for dinner tonight!! :rolleyes1
So delicious and honestly it's pretty healthy, most times I skip the rice and get extra lettuce and their hot sauce?! That totally makes the bowl.

Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday and lots of good luck to A on her first week!

I've never done 30DS but it sounds interesting. Seeing as it's November 1, my goal for the next 30 days is to go back to my nightly squat, kettle bell swing, planks, light weight workouts. I don't go crazy and it can all be done under 30 minutes but I feel so great when I do this! The same way I'm sure you feel after your shred video.

Happy November! :hug:

Just letting you know i have been reading along.

Thanks Mo!! :lovestruc I am glad you are still here.

that is great!

My neighborhood was quieter than normal. I have a big bag of chocolate that I'm going to return to BJ's.

Dr though from looking at x-ray that it was broken on the inside of the elbow, but examine her didn't thing it was or she would have been in more pain. Where she was in pain didn't look like a break on the x-ray. But he gave her a splint that we can take off to shower. No sports for 2 weeks.
She was supposed to have a flute sight reading test today since she tied with one other girl with a 99 on the seating audition but can't play :(

Yes - we've noticed most of the kids that were in the neighborhood have either grown too old, or have moved... Or - trick or treat elsewhere, which is a bummer, I love seeing everyone dressed up!

Yikes!!! I sure hope she heals fast and the pain gets better soon. :hug:

I know you probably get asked this all the time but do you make bags for just
yourself or can they be purchased? They're all so unique and beautiful

Thank you so very much - I love making them! Sadly, I am not allowed to talk about my business at all on The Dis. I hope you understand and continue to follow along in my TR. :lovestruc

V's outfit is very cute. That was really nice of her to buy the bracelets for you.

Ghiradelli gives a 10% discount to AP holders. I don't think that they offer the special 20% anniversary discount. But 10% is nice. We need to go back there for a redo on our hot fudge sundae from our last trip there. They didn't give us enough hot fudge and DH didn't want me to ask for more. I shouldn't have listened to him since I'm still mad about the disappointing sundae.

I know - it was sure sweet of her. :lovestruc

I can't remember, to be honest... Almost every store we purchased from in DS - including non-Disney stores were honoring the 20%... When I went to the Alex and Ani store later in the week (the actual store in DS), I asked if they gave a military discount, and she said that they did - however the AP discount was better! :woohoo: I wasn't even going to ask about that one there, so I was thrilled that they offered it. It was then that I started asking everywhere. ::yes:: It is entirely possible that Ghirardelli gave the 20% too, I just can't remember - there were so many restaurants at Disney that honored it and so many that didn't - I just asked everywhere. :thumbsup2

I'm behind!!! Where is the PhotoPass area at Disney Springs? I didn't know there was one there! SO sweet of V to buy the Alex and Ani bracelet for you!

I'm excited for Allison to start cosmetology school -- she'll be great at that!

We have a Super Target and I love it. And what a great deal you got on the clothing you bought yesterday! Woohoo!!!

We only had a total of about 12 trick or treaters last night. I didn't even give away half of one bag of candy -- and we were being *very* generous with the candy (I bought two huge bags)...so I sent all of the candy to work with Mark today and he said he'll give it out to his students. LOL

We started reintroduction and so far it's not going well. I don't feel nearly as good as I was during W30 and my joint pain has flared back up with a vengeance. *Sigh* But it's better to know these things and be able to be proactive.... I go in tomorrow for MRIs to check for MS. We're really hoping and praying it's not MS -- and none of us (neurologist included) think that it is but it's the next test on the list....*sigh*

Have a great day!

When you are standing outside - Ghriardelli is on the right and TrenD is on the left... It's right in the photopass area, but it's behind a wall - so you don't necessarily see it when walking through the store from the inside. ::yes::

She loves it!!! She had a great first day!

Since Target Corp. is headquartered in Minneapolis - we have many Target stores around us... So, yah - I spend too much time there. LOL Love getting great deals and I am LOVING the new stuff they are putting out for the holidays this year! Can't wait to see more of it!

Yup - I sent our candy to work with Josh yesterday too... I cannot have it here. LOL

That is such a bummer about your reintro... W30 is such an eye opening experience, and it truly helps people figure out allergies and sensitivities... However, with some people, it's just not worth it to eat those things... I sure hope you are able to pinpoint what is triggering your pain, so you don't have to permanently eliminate too much from your diet. :hug: Oh no!!! I just went up and read the end to your paragraph... Sending you big hugs today - please let me know how it goes! :hug:

It was! That first day was rough though lol. We only had one rough day after that so it was nice. I am planning on doing a TR. I just have to finish gathering the rest of our photos. We took pictures with both our cell phones, both our Kindles, my 2 digital cameras, and PhotoPass lol

We didn't have many over at my in-laws house either. I think the larger trick-or-treat events (trunk or treats, church fairs, subdivisions that go all out) are eliminating smaller neighborhoods. Kind of sad, really.

Glad that most of your trip went much better! I am looking forward to your TR! I know the feeling about photos everywhere... Our 2014 trip, I had 5 people with 5 different devices, and trying to get them all sent to me was a mess... Last year - on the trip with Suzi... I just gave her my photobucket info and she uploaded all of them herself... That was a godsend!

I kind of feel like that's part of it too... Lots of Trunk or Treats going on here this year too!

So, I had my first Chipotle experience yesterday when my boss catered lunch for all the teachers--make your own bowls. OH. M. G. It was DELICIOUS!!! and of course made me think of you immediately

Your first day sounds like a dream!!! Hanging out with friends and starting to soak in a little magic sounds delightful. I agree with you on Disney Springs--it just doesn't feel the same as DTD did. I preferred it the old way, but will definitely still have to trek over there for World of Disney and the Christmas store!! Also, we've never stopped at Ghiaradelli because I always figure we can get ice cream anytime, but good Lord that salted caramel sundae sounds AMAZING. Guess I'll have to add that to my list :)

Hahaha!!! Chipotle is my weakness in life, that and Starbucks. ::yes:: LOL I've managed to re-edit my bowl again, trying to get it even lower in calories - I've actually found something really low in calories that I honestly truly like. :scratchin Half white rice, extra fajita veggies, chicken, cilantro, mild salsa, extra lettuce... Then I squeeze almost a full lime on top... Really, really good and according to MFP - it's only 341 calories for the whole bowl! :woohoo: That is super awesome right now, especially when I am trying to lose... I can't even eat at home for that. LOL

What a shame that Allison didn't let you go out with her with your head gear on.

Allison's face painting is cute

I can't believe you get more than one discount on items. That's great though because then you can get really good deals at the store. :) They never allow more than one discount here
Sounds like you did some really great shopping yesterday

Here black shoes are the easiest to find because that's the most common color on shoes here. I'm glad Allison managed to find a pair of black shoes even if they have a bout 3" heel. I hope she will be able to wear them a whole day at school.

What a shame that you didn't get many Trick or Treaters on the door. Sounds like a good idea to get the leftover candy out of the house by sending them with Josh to work.
I'm glad to hear the girls had a fun night and made it home safely.

Yesterday I had a Cafe event with adults that has Cerebral Palsy. We had a good time and talked about a lot of stuff. On my way to the Cafe at around 6.30PM there were A LOT of kids outside dressed up as scary creatures and some adults following them. I think it's good that the parents are with them. I haven't seen that many people out in the streets in that time of day for a very long time. 2 hours later when I was on my way back home I didn't meet any people a long the streets.

The back door on my new car doesn't work as it should. It's supposed to open by it self when I push a button, but sometimes it will not open. Then you have to go outside and push the door to get it to open. Then the elevator will come out and everything works as it should. I will have to take the car back to the garage so they can have a look at it and fix it. But with my luck the door will open just fine when I go to the garage to show them and then they won't understand what's wrong. Well I will just have to try and go to the garage and hope that the door won't open so I can show them the problem.

Hahaha... I know right? Yet - she can go out with a cat face painted on? :scratchin LOL

Yes - if a person stacks discounts properly, it works out well... Stacking isn't always allowed.

There are a lot of black shoes here too - however - not in her size, so it's hard.

Yes - it was a bummer that we didn't get a lot of trick or treaters, it's fun to see all of the costumes... Maybe next year...

Such a bummer about your back car door... I hope it's an easy fix for them and you have your car back quickly - especially now that you are just starting to get used to it. :lovestruc

Joining-in! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

Welcome!!! Thanks - I am looking forward to sharing our trip again! :lovestruc

Just wanted to wish Allison good luck on her first day!

Thanks Tess! She had a great first day - I'll share pictures below (I think you may have seen them on FB already though...).

We will be going for the Christmas season, so we are excited for that...and will be doing one of the Christmas parties-so we are definitely excited...Your first day looked like a lot of fun, and I love the picture of you kissing V- her expression is priceless. Can't believe how different Disney Springs looks.

Looking forward to hearing/reading more.

~Amy

Christmas is a great time to go - the weather is so nice in FL! :woohoo: You'll have a great time!

Hahaha... I have lots of pictures like that over this trip - and over the last several trips... I reach over often and kiss her cheek - she should expect it by now. LOL

I cant' wait to share the rest - it was a great trip! :lovestruc

I had Chipotle for dinner tonight!!
So delicious and honestly it's pretty healthy, most times I skip the rice and get extra lettuce and their hot sauce?! That totally makes the bowl.

Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday and lots of good luck to A on her first week!

I've never done 30DS but it sounds interesting. Seeing as it's November 1, my goal for the next 30 days is to go back to my nightly squat, kettle bell swing, planks, light weight workouts. I don't go crazy and it can all be done under 30 minutes but I feel so great when I do this! The same way I'm sure you feel after your shred video.

Happy November!

Hahaha!!! I know - a person can really make their food at Chipotle quite healthy - or go the opposite direction with it. I've managed to re-edit my bowl again, trying to get it even lower in calories - I've actually found something really low in calories that I honestly truly like. :scratchin Half white rice, extra fajita veggies, chicken, cilantro, mild salsa, extra lettuce... Then I squeeze almost a full lime on top... Really, really good and according to MFP - it's only 341 calories for the whole bowl! I can't even eat a full meal like that at home for that low in calories! Especially one that fills me up and stays with me for so long. ::yes::

Thanks - I'll share pictures of her first day below. ::yes::

Sounds like a great routine! I prefer my work outs to be under 30 minutes too - it's just easier to fit into your day. Actually - I truly hate my shred video - LOL... When I am done - I am just thankful to be done... It's my heavy lifting and running (when I am doing it) that give me the good adrenaline rush after. ::yes:: I am really hoping to get back into running in the spring. :lovestruc However - the shred video does give me results after a few weeks - so I tend to add that in right before/after trips. :thumbsup2 I'll likely only keep it in my rotation for a week or two, then go back to my standard WATP videos. ::yes::

******************************************************************************************************

Replies took me a while this morning - I was hoping I'd have time for a TR update today, but I don't think that is going to happen... Sorry about that.

Yesterday was a heavy lifting day for me - it went well and it was a good session! Also, my eating was pretty good - I am trying to steer away from snacking between meals - this is super hard for me, especially that hour before dinner.

I was also back to work on custom orders... It feels good to be productive upstairs again. ::yes::

I went to town to pick V up from school... She had a rough day... So, Josh and I spent some time with her last night trying to help her figure things out... I am pretty sure we've got it under control now.

Allison had her first day of Cosmetology school... She was pretty nervous about many things - however it was a great day and she is now VERY excited! This was a super hard decision to make, as she had to stand her ground with a few family members who didn't feel this was a wise career choice for her... I am so proud of her for following her heart and doing what she wants to do. :lovestruc

And her smile tells the story...

20161101_080014.jpg

Snapchat-1495479210.jpg

I also wanted to give a shout out to Josh's cousin Matt... Those of you who have been following my PTRs/TRs for years now, know that we love our college hockey games... Part of that, is Josh's cousin Matt (who grew up in Alaska - so we didn't get to spend much time with him in his younger years) played hockey for a college about 15 miles from us... So, every single Friday night, in the hockey season, Josh (and sometimes me and the girls) could be found at the arena... Well Matt graduated from college in 2015... He played hockey last season for a team in Switzerland... and this year, he was signed to the Alaska Aces - so he now plays hockey for money! :woohoo: We are so proud of Matt - even though he is Josh's cousin - he is like a little brother to him and they are close. Yesterday, Matt's mom posted this photo on FB, a few members of the team went to read books to the elementary school children in the area... Matt is 3rd from the left. So - if any of you read and are from Alaska - if you find yourself at an Aces game... Cheer on Matt for us! :woohoo:

FB_IMG_1478043087991.jpg

OK all - I really have to run! It's a LONG Target day for me today... I opened my schedule up a little bit for the holiday season - and they took advantage. Wish me luck. LOL

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending Pixie Dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~

Yay for Allison! It's awesome when your kids know exactly what they want to do when they "grow up" It's one less worry.

That's awesome about Matt! I love hockey!

So exciting, Allison starting out on the path toward pursuing her dream. Other people should mind their own business--if this is what will make her happy (and it sure looks like it does!!) then that is most important!!

Sorry V had a rough day yesterday :( I do not miss high school and all of the drama and emotion and stress that comes along with being that age. She's so lucky to have parents she can turn to for help sorting things out.

I opened my schedule up a little bit for the holiday season - and they took advantage. Wish me luck. LOL
BOY do I know what you mean on this one!!!! When Rob worked at Target, we almost never saw each other during November and December. With him there all the time and me working at Hallmark all the time, retail nearly killed us during the holidays!!! Of course, the paychecks help us get to Disney World, so I guess I shouldn't complain too loudly :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter