NYC Times Square Disney Store opening event Nov 7th

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
Hi Everyone: I know there's been a couple of discussions about the opening of the Times Square Disney Store on the DIS Unplugged board.

I noticed last night that D23 was having a "sneak peek" (their words) event at the store on Sunday, Nov 7th at 8:00am.

Here's the description:
Guests will be treated to a delicious complimentary continental breakfast inside the breathtaking new venue, located in the heart of New York City. Jim Fielding, President of Disney Stores Worldwide, will share behind-the-scenes stories of the design, development, inspiration and evolution of this unique retail design. And Disney Store cast members will be on hand to show off the store's interactive exhibits.

Artist Dan Beltran has created five exclusive Grand Opening limited-edition stretch canvas pieces inspired by five Disney princesses — Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Tiana and Cinderella. These stunning works of art — only 30 of each will be created — will be available at this special event, and Dan himself will be on hand to sign the special Certificate of Authenticity created just for this event for any pieces that are purchased. Each canvas retails for $129.50.

As a special bonus, every guest will receive a discount card good for 20% off any purchases made that day!*

Argh, that's marathon Sunday. :sad1: Oh, well. I suppose the store's not going anywhere sometime soon.

Argh, that's marathon Sunday. :sad1: Oh, well. I suppose the store's not going anywhere sometime soon.
Is that right? The marathon doesn't go through Times Square? I remember the NYC Half Marathon did, and didn't the marathon trials go through Times Square? Well, I guess New York is used to handling crowds.

Is that right? The marathon doesn't go through Times Square? I remember the NYC Half Marathon did, and didn't the marathon trials go through Times Square? Well, I guess New York is used to handling crowds.

Nope, the marathon goes up First Avenue in Manhattan, through the Bronx, and down Fifth Avenue into the Park.

I plan on being there!

Because of the NYC Marathon, I absolutely will be taking the subway! :thumbsup2

I'm an employee at the new store and was informed the store would be opening on NOV 4th. So I'm a bit confused. I will find out on Monday when I go fitting for my uniform

I'm an employee at the new store and was informed the store would be opening on NOV 4th. So I'm a bit confused. I will find out on Monday when I go fitting for my uniform
Maybe Nov 4th through the 7th will be "soft openings."

This is good news. We miss the old store. It's going to be great to have one open in the city again. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Dave!! I couldn't find any signage with a date when I was there a few weeks ago. :)

What are the sell out chances do you think?I will be working till 1:30 that day and will be home around 2 do you you think It will to late to get tickets?

Hmmmm, might have to look into flights... wait, I could probably drive... 6 hour drive... hmmmm...

OK, we're definatley in... Don't know if we are going to do the D23 thing though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!