NYC Times Square Disney Store opening event Nov 7th

Might have to check the Acela schedule...

I've waited a year for this moment and its almost here. :cool1:
The local store at the mall closed and I was left without my disney stuff fix.
I'm really glad they moved the location of the new store to times square. It was not a great location on 5th location. Times Square is lot more happening and now that it is closed to motor traffic it will be much easier to take the girls there. I'm planning on avoiding the November opening. I'd rather take the girls during Christmas break. Maybe get some after holiday sales.

I love New York....

I will be running the NYC Marathon that day, but will definitely recharge my batteries for a store visit!

Jason

Might have to check the Acela schedule...

Does not leave South Station until after 11 Jeff. Anything earlier is just the regional service. Acela will get you in just before 3pm. Too late I think. :sad1:

I'm planning on driving to Goldens Bridge off 684 and taking the Metro North in. :scratchin

I'm heading to the new store from Boston. Will wake up very early and drive on Sunday, November 7th.

Very excited to see the new store. Hopefully they will have Vinylmations like the old store did.

woot - taking the train from Florida on Friday and arriving Sat. got my hotel booked and flight home - now I need my d23 event tickets..

Just walked by there on Wednesday, definitely major construction going on, you could see some "disney" painting on the walls

Anyone ever purchased D23 event tickets before? Is it easy to get in?

And is the $5 processing fee per ticket or per order?

Well according to facebook, the event was sold out in 10 seconds... can't say I'm surprised. I feel bad for those who really wanted to go to the pre-opening events.

Well according to facebook, the event was sold out in 10 seconds... can't say I'm surprised. I feel bad for those who really wanted to go to the pre-opening events.
I actually kind of forgot about it. I saw on twitter people refreshed the site until it opened, and it immediately went to sold out. What the heck?

I was lucky enough to get two tickets to the event.I will do my best to post a report with pictures not sure if they will allow that.

I actually kind of forgot about it. I saw on twitter people refreshed the site until it opened, and it immediately went to sold out. What the heck?

I don't know...sounds kinda fishy to me. Things like this really turn me off to want to become a D23 member.

I was one of the lucky ones to get 2 tickets. VERY excited! This is my first D23 event and right in my backyard! I will also be taking MANY pics! Maybe an article for the DIS?

I am so frustrated with D23 right now. It didn't recognize my account number (which I entered correctly) and then the event was sold out within minutes. This is finally the first D23 event in NY and this happens.

Same here.....very excited about a NYC D23 event. I was waiting for 20minutes beforehand. I actually did get in, didn't recognize my number, rereshed, recognized, but went straight to wait list, then couldn't even get into that.

Sigh.

I know D23 is a small staff, but there ticketing is just horrid. I know they outsource it, but...ugh.

I was so so looking fwd to this.

Maybe I'll go see Elf the Musical instead. :thumbsup2

We were also among the lucky ones to get in! :cool1:
I was in a meeting today, so I gave DH my card and instructions to log in.
He said he got in very easily, registered and printed the receipt.
Then he went back in to check the link and everything was sold out.
I did expect this to sell out pretty quickly- it sounded like it was going to be very limited.

We'll be taking a VERY early train into the city for this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter