NYC Times Square Disney Store opening event Nov 7th

From my understanding, some select Disney Visa cardholders (I do have a Disney Visa so I'm not sure why I didn't get one) got a postcard in the mail inviting them to go to the store starting Nov. 4th. Has anyone, who will be working there had confirmation that there will indeed by a soft-opening for the public starting Nov. 4th?

I do have a Disney Visa so I'm not sure why I didn't get one

I got the card and the wording was "Opening on 11/4". So they didn't make it sound like it was a special offer besides the discount and pin (while supplies last).
Why don't you contact your Disney Visa and ask why you didn't get the card? Maybe it was being sent to targeted people, but it could be that yours was just lost in the mail.

I got the card and the wording was "Opening on 11/4". So they didn't make it sound like it was a special offer besides the discount and pin (while supplies last).
Why don't you contact your Disney Visa and ask why you didn't get the card? Maybe it was being sent to targeted people, but it could be that yours was just lost in the mail.

Thanks - I don't really mind that I didn't get one, I just wanted clarification if we could actually go there starting Nov. 4th. I would assume since you did in fact get the postcard and that was the actual wording, they will be allowing the public in before the "opening celebration" on Nov. 9th.

Posted on FB today by D23 that there will be 3 different 9" vinyls and the minnie statue 3" vinyl available at the D23 opening. Limit 2 pp and 5pp respectively

I just noticed something about the D23 event on Sunday. I knew that Jodi Benson was appearing, but I just noticed that there will be 100 Ariel Prints available for her to sign.
From D23
Jodi Benson, voice of Ariel, will be on hand to sign the Ariel print Certificate of Authenticities. 100 of the Ariel Prints will be available.

I wonder if that is any indication of the number of tickets that were available for the event? Certainly not everyone will purchase a print (since they cost $129.50), but could we estimate the crowd based on number of prints available? If half the people are expected to buy the print, then 200 people were allowed in. If only 10% of people are expected to buy the print, that's still only 1,000 people that would be able to get into the event. Not really a whole lot...

Mouse Skywalker - The link to post comments on the blog (to login) does not work properly. It takes you to the WordPress login and that doesn't accept our DISboards credentials.

I am a Disney Visa card holder and live in NYC, I haven't gotten the postcard yet, but I hope I do! The facade looks great, we walked through Times Square on Sunday to see it, I'm really looking forward to going to the store!

The store site is quite small in comparison to the Fifth Avenue store so I'm not surprised there were so few tickets available and many were left out.

We were at the Fifth Avenue opening many moons ago. I'm thinking we had an invite because we were Magic King Club members or stockholders (there were soooo many of each back then).

I hope everybody who gets to go has a great time and lets us know what kind of merchandise they have.

I hope it's not "trot out the same cr*p" as every other Disney store, but possibly bring back the gallery and unique items.

That sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend - have fun! Mary Poppins is incredible, I LOVED it! Enjoy!

Are employees of the new Disney store actual CM's? Do they have all the same rights and discounts that a CM in Florida does? I know at one time they were Children's place employees.

Does anyone know if the store is going to be open to the general public on the 7th? Or are they closing it off and just having the D23 event?

Does anyone know if the store is going to be open to the general public on the 7th? Or are they closing it off and just having the D23 event?
Everything I've heard is the store will be open to the public on Tuesday, Nov 9th. The D23 event is on Sunday, Nov 7th, and then they are having media tours on Monday, Nov 8th. I guess there's a chance there might be some sort of soft opening, but I wouldn't count on it.

Everything I've heard is the store will be open to the public on Tuesday, Nov 9th. The D23 event is on Sunday, Nov 7th, and then they are having media tours on Monday, Nov 8th. I guess there's a chance there might be some sort of soft opening, but I wouldn't count on it.

I know the grand opening is on the 9th and I heard soft opening on the 4th. I decided not to try to get D23 tickets because I didn't think I would get off of work- so of course, I did end up not scheduled that day. I was going to try a fun day in NYC, but I'd rather be able to do it when I can check out the new Disney Store. Oh well, I'll work something out soon.

Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know what time the store will be opening tomorrow? I have tried to contact the store on facebook, twitter and by phone, but no luck.

President of the Disney Store confirmed the Times Square store will open Thursday 11/4 at 9:00am

I'm an employee at the new store and was informed the store would be opening on NOV 4th. So I'm a bit confused. I will find out on Monday when I go fitting for my uniform

Was there a "soft" opening today??? When is it actually opening? I've been reading different dates. Would there be anything fun for kids there? sorry for all the ??? just excited!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana:

Was there a "soft" opening today??? When is it actually opening? I've been reading different dates. Would there be anything fun for kids there? sorry for all the ??? just excited!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana:

Someone posted on the other NYC Disney Store thread that they were there today and they are going to post a report - hope it will be up soon. They said it's awesome! I'm heading in tomorrow afternoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter