NY and NJ visitors

Does anyone know if visitors to Florida coming from NY and NJ are required to self quarantine for 14 days. If so, this would make a Disney trip impossible unless people can plan a very long stay.

Yes, they do...for now.

I'm not sure what the expiration date of that order is, but there is more information over on the Transportation Board.

Does anyone know if visitors to Florida coming from NY and NJ are required to self quarantine for 14 days. If so, this would make a Disney trip impossible unless people can plan a very long stay.

There are quite a number of FREE COVID-19 testing sites all around NYC. I think there are a couple near Flushing, in neighborhood churches. They are being done by the NYS Dept. of Health with the Northwell Health hospital system, using a test approved by the FDA for accuracy. Google for the Free NYC test site locations.

I don't know what the details are for the FL self quarantining for 14 days are. If one way to get around it is by doing a COVID-19 test right before arriving in FL, then the test above may be the way to go. Keep in mind it may take a couple days to get the test results back. It took 2 days for my blood antibody results to come back.

Make sure to choose to have the results EMAILED to you instead of getting results by phone, so you have physical proof of your results that you can print out. Also, take screenshots of the results, as you are reading them, in case they don't print out.

Yes it was discussed on the rumors board that Disney has also said they wouldn’t allow ppl from any restricted areas on property.

Several CM's I spoke to on the phone said that WDW is not refusing any visitors from the tri-state area, FWIW. I know it's a fluid situation but I really think there be some more transparency with this, especially considering NJ is now in a relatively good place regarding cases and infection rates

I wonder why they are only asking NY and NJ (and I thought CT and LA) visitors to quarantine. Other states like TX and OK have much higher covid cases. I think FL cases are climbing now too.

We are from the tri-state (NY,NJ,CT)
We so far have moved our WDW from 2020 to 2021
But DH has been talking to friends and I think we are now aiming for 2022
Hoping for that COVID-19 vaccine by then.

We are cautious, both in our 60's - DH had a heart attack = 1 stint put in 3 years ago, doing good since with diet and exercise and DW is Pre-Diabetic 2, so she is losing weight, 10 pounds so far and also joined the exercise band wagon
We have not had COVID-19, tested negative with the blood test
But at risk for it

So 2022 may be our WDW vacation

Our fla cases are up. Younger patients and more gastric issues being noted. It does not yet show ..and hopefully won’t.. that inpatient cases are up. so milder cases more prevalent???
The Gov indicated that numbers are up because there is more testing Plus, there was a backup from a lab, and they dumped over 40k cases in. It’s whom you believe... their are opinions and Stats/numbers everywhere.

an epidemiologist was literally just on local sw fla news indicating cases are Up and it was her opinion that Social distancing is the Only Way to stop the spread.
The Gov Executive Order was recently Extended ( ny nj ct.. not sure if Louisiana still in there) for 14 day quarantining... by Any means getting into fla. there was no end date that I’m aware of.
Make ur Own choices, research and most of all..Stay Healthy All!

FL, today has reported it's highest number of COVID-19 cases in one day, to date at 3207 cases. There is speculation that FL may become the next COVID-19 epicenter.

Meanwhile, NY has recorded it's all-time, lowest number of cases. Just yesterday it tested 68,541 throughout the state. Only 618 positive cases. That's 0.90% of the population is positive. That is the actual data. NYC will be starting Phase 2 of re-opening on Monday. :woohoo:

The NY Gov was specifically asked if he is considering putting a 14 day quarantine on FL. He said it was recommended to him by health officials. He said it's ironic that 100 days ago, at the start of it all, other states like FL, put a quarantine on NYers visiting their state. NY worked very hard to get to being one of the states with the lowest COVID-19 cases. He is considering a quarantine on high infection states coming in to NY.

So, those of you making plans to go to WDW, had better make some contingency plans for if you can't go back to work right after coming back if you have to quarantine.

Last edited:
He said it's ironic that 100 days ago, at the start of it all, other states like FL, put a quarantine on NYers visiting their state.
I don't really find it ironic though :confused: (speaking towards his comment just basing on your words that he said that)

My state just removed Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island from their list but added Alabama, Arizona and Arkansas. I find it neither ironic nor an insult to the states but rather just looking at risk factors. If I were NY I would probably put FL and other states on their list as a precautionary measure...IF he's going to do that then why would he find it ironic that when NY was the high infection state that others states did the same thing to NY?? Honestly makes him sound like he's upset (as in took it personally) over that when he has no reason to be especially if he's going to do that same thing for other states.

Not that I'm trying to defend any politician, they've all had strengths and weaknesses thru out.

I think the 'ironic' undertone is that FL tried to sway public thought into thinking the first hit 'democratic' states were responsible for what the US is dealing with. So it's ironic that FL has had all these months warning and ended up in the same boat anyway.

Not that I'm trying to defend any politician, they've all had strengths and weaknesses thru out.

I think the 'ironic' undertone is that FL tried to sway public thought into thinking the first hit 'democratic' states were responsible for what the US is dealing with. So it's ironic that FL has had all these months warning and ended up in the same boat anyway.
Thanks for your input. I feel like that would be spinning a politics explanation (not a con against you just if that's the rationale being used) for a public health crisis playing into a game of politics. Doesn't really make me think more highly of the governor though it's not like I think too highly of many of the governors; pretty much all made mistakes, all did things they could do differently next time.

The virus knows no party lines (which goes for all states if they actually tried to say that). The virus isn't just magically going away-that's speaking towards the "same boat" thinking. Spikes or spread where there wasn't as much spread should be expected everywhere for a decent while so I guess I don't have much of an appetite for officials to try and throw jabs at each other right now. Governors should be getting health officials input on what states should be added for quarantine and you would *hope* that politics wouldn't be going into the thinking behind it.

Part of the reason states have varying levels is things done (or rather not) at the national level. My state consistently was outbid for PPE and testing supplies. Wouldn't have mattered how much forewarning they got. I don't know FL's situation just speaking towards the larger context.

Thanks for your input. I feel like that would be spinning a politics explanation (not a con against you just if that's the rationale being used) for a public health crisis playing into a game of politics. Doesn't really make me think more highly of the governor though it's not like I think too highly of many of the governors; pretty much all made mistakes, all did things they could do differently next time.

The virus knows no party lines (which goes for all states if they actually tried to say that). The virus isn't just magically going away-that's speaking towards the "same boat" thinking. Spikes or spread where there wasn't as much spread should be expected everywhere for a decent while so I guess I don't have much of an appetite for officials to try and throw jabs at each other right now. Governors should be getting health officials input on what states should be added for quarantine and you would *hope* that politics wouldn't be going into the thinking behind it.

Part of the reason states have varying levels is things done (or rather not) at the national level. My state consistently was outbid for PPE and testing supplies. Wouldn't have mattered how much forewarning they got. I don't know FL's situation just speaking towards the larger context.
You're right in so many ways. Nobody should be stooping down to jab throwing and pettiness. What has particularly put a bad taste in my mouth over these exchanges is the new 'us vs them' popping up all over chat boards now, north vs south. Like there's not enough division already, now N v S has been added to the mix. Not a great way to lead :(

You're right in so many ways. Nobody should be stooping down to jab throwing and pettiness. What has particularly put a bad taste in my mouth over these exchanges is the new 'us vs them' popping up all over chat boards now, north vs south. Like there's not enough division already, now N v S has been added to the mix. Not a great way to lead :(
I dislike that too :(

IF he's going to do that then why would he find it ironic that when NY was the high infection state that others states did the same thing to NY?? Honestly makes him sound like he's upset (as in took it personally) over that when he has no reason to be especially if he's going to do that same thing for other states.

No, he wasn't upset or mad or took it personally. He meant ironic in a wry, "coming around full circle" sort of way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!