November 2014 Discount Watch

No. Those reservations would either have to be modified or cancelled and rebooked under the promo. A bit of a hassle but definitely worth it over Disney's rack rate prices!

I don't think that's correct. If the discount is offered for that room type and still available by the time you call, you can just have the discount applied.

Ok so kinda like free dining it's only specific rooms. Why would they discount rooms that are already booked is my thought and they are less likely to offer it if people are booking in hopes of a discount.

Would they discount already reserved rooms?

No. Those reservations would either have to be modified or cancelled and rebooked under the promo. A bit of a hassle but definitely worth it over Disney's rack rate prices!

I don't think that's correct. If the discount is offered for that room type and still available by the time you call, you can just have the discount applied.

Having the discount applied is modifying the existing reservation. There are blocks of rooms set aside for each discount category. So if you're holding a reserved room at rack rate, let's say that room is from Bucket 1--Full price. When you call to "apply the discount," they modify your room from one from Bucket 1 to Bucket 2--Discount XYZ. This is why you may have a standard room booked, but when you call have to move to a preferred room--it's not that no standard rooms are available at all (which you already know, because you have one reserved), it's that no standard rooms in Bucket 2 are available. Your reservation has to be modified to reflect a room coming from the appropriate bucket of available rooms. Once the rooms in those buckets are spoken for, you can't just move your room into that bucket--you have to wait for someone to cancel a room from your desired bucket before you can change your reservation.

Shyjade and TandEsMommy are correct. There is no guarantee that your rack rack booking will get a discount. I once had the resort and room category sell out while I was on the phone trying to modify an existing reservation to add the discount. I had to change room view.

Anyway, I need to add one night to my stay and I hope WL has a great discount because of the pool being closed so we can spend that night there! :)

Jen-I just priced WL for NOV and no discount due to renovations....
WL and Dolphin cost same for my 5 nights

Shyjade and TandEsMommy are correct. There is no guarantee that your rack rack booking will get a discount. I once had the resort and room category sell out while I was on the phone trying to modify an existing reservation to add the discount. I had to change room view.

Anyway, I need to add one night to my stay and I hope WL has a great discount because of the pool being closed so we can spend that night there! :)

Yeah right! And please don't take that the wrong way...not trying to be nasty at all...I just doubt there is any way Disney would give any kind of break due to the inconvenience.

:(

Yeah right! And please don't take that the wrong way...not trying to be nasty at all...I just doubt there is any way Disney would give any kind of break due to the inconvenience.

Just heard from someone on the WL thread they will be offering rate reductions to WL guests but AFTER check in on a case by case basis.

Just called and they offered me free dining at akl or bw. Even with fd, it's way to expensive compared to pofq and oop for food:(

I got so excited when he said I had a free dining offer....

People were able to book the Poly for under $200 for some dates in the fall via TA group sales rates. As it has been years since the Poly was discounted that steeply, my personal belief is that it was, yes, due to the inconvenience. I don't anticipate more than the regular discount through the usual channels, however. I guess we shall see.

People were able to book the Poly for under $200 for some dates in the fall via TA group sales rates. As it has been years since the Poly was discounted that steeply, my personal belief is that it was, yes, due to the inconvenience. I don't anticipate more than the regular discount through the usual channels, however. I guess we shall see.
That would be awesome!

Curious about which dates are available for under $200....do you know which ones?

any word on nov discounts? anxiously waiting!

I have been stalking and a lot of YC (garden view)with FD have opened up, so I switched over from POFQ!!!

So excited:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter