November 2012 Car Rental Deals

Thanks, Aubriee. We have a Chase WDW Visa - yoo hoo! Had planned on using our other Visa with Air Travel Rewards, but we can easily use Chase WDW & spend the rewards at WDW while there. But I will call & confirm.

Re: the gas receipts. We used to always buy our own gas. The last 2 years my husband said let's not mess with it & we bought "their" gas. We think it is less hassle & not that many $s difference. My point is - if you have a great deal from Dollar & it's saving lots $s, just buy their gas if the gas receipt is a problem.

I don't know how far it is from 535 & World Drive to the Airport? Probably more than 10 miles? Is that the closest gas station?

For those savy folks out there who seem to find the deals...I want to rent a minivan (need it for the double stroller). I have rental for about $588 (taxes in). Does anyone know of anything better? I am wondering if I should try Priceline but have never used them before. I have a reservation for a Ford Escape for about $388 but we have verified the trunk dimensions and would need to take the wheels and such off the stroller to get it into the trunk every time we use it which is inconvenient.

Also, I booked ME but have not received my luggage tags so getting a minivan now makes it so I don't need to worry about that hiccup either.

Trying to extend our trip but the car prices aren't going down. Wish we could get a better rate.

For those savy folks out there who seem to find the deals...I want to rent a minivan (need it for the double stroller). I have rental for about $588 (taxes in). Does anyone know of anything better? I am wondering if I should try Priceline but have never used them before. I have a reservation for a Ford Escape for about $388 but we have verified the trunk dimensions and would need to take the wheels and such off the stroller to get it into the trunk every time we use it which is inconvenient.

Also, I booked ME but have not received my luggage tags so getting a minivan now makes it so I don't need to worry about that hiccup either.

What are your dates?

I'm looking for help renting a standard size from the car care center 11/20 @ 1pm - 12/1 @ 1pm. For some reason when I go to Alamo's site and select the car care center as pick up/drop off location I'm getting an error message. I'm pretty sure Alamo is there so can't figure out the problem.

Dollar and Enterprise have gone down slightly for me today, $163 with Dollar for an Intermediate 11/23-11/30 and $171 with Enterprise. At last it's started moving in the right direction. No codes for either, city special for Dollar.

shillee said:

My Escape has far more cargo space than my parents minivan. I can easily fit the double stroller in the back of my escape. It seems weird that the dimensions won't work. Is your stroller overly large?

aubriee said:
Both my Chase Sapphire Visa and Disney Chase Visa cover loss of use and will also cover my deductible for my regular insurance for collision, as long as I use that card for the rental.

Good to know, I plan to use my Disney Visa anyway! Thanks!!

I'm looking for help renting a standard size from the car care center 11/20 @ 1pm - 12/1 @ 1pm. For some reason when I go to Alamo's site and select the car care center as pick up/drop off location I'm getting an error message. I'm pretty sure Alamo is there so can't figure out the problem.

CCC is $426.01 (all taxes and fees) If you have a VISA card there is an e-coupon AD2338FDF for $30 off bringing the total down to $394.14.
Are you flying into MCO? Their prices are much better for that same time period. $238.63 or $203.49 with coupon.

Got an "answer" from Dollar - infer with your own discretion! I found the information I highlighted in blue to be the most helpful. :thumbsup2

Thank you for your email.

Our Refueling information is listed under the IMPORTANT LOCAL POLICY INFORMATION link, under the Rate info on Dollar.com (and can be viewed PRIOR to confirming the reservation.)

For our Orlando locations, the POLICY information only lists: Return the vehicle will a full tank of gas to avoid refueling charges.

Im sorry, but we have no information on Dollar.com regarding where the cut-off point is for having the vehicle refueled. Our rental locations prefer to go over that information at the rental counter at time of pick up. Yes, most locations do have a 10-mile radius range for refueling, but you will need to inquire at the counter as to the specific Orlando policy.

Thank you for visiting us.

Angela

Dollar.com Help Desk

Dollar is out for us. Going to use Advantage. I really can't wait till I get to the counter to discuss refueling and toll policies. I got a better price at Advantage, large full size with all taxes for 145.00. That was with no coupons.

Speaking of refueling within 10 miles of the airport, where would that be? Thanks in advance.
Mousesavers dot com has useful information regarding tolls and gas. I do not have enough posts to post the full link, but the following should point you in the right direction:

mousesavers dot com/walt-disney-world-vacation-discounts-and-deals/other-disney-world-discounts-and-deals/

The information on tolls and gas is roughly halfway down the page.

Saved $20 on my reservation at Alamo this morning by modifying it from rate code aw9 to aw7 :lmao: Down to $280 from $600 to start!

Mousesavers dot com has useful information regarding tolls and gas. I do not have enough posts to post the full link, but the following should point you in the right direction:

mousesavers dot com/walt-disney-world-vacation-discounts-and-deals/other-disney-world-discounts-and-deals/

The information on tolls and gas is roughly halfway down the page.
Thanks.

My Escape has far more cargo space than my parents minivan. I can easily fit the double stroller in the back of my escape. It seems weird that the dimensions won't work. Is your stroller overly large?

I have a double BOB. I googled the trunk with a double BOB and reviews I managed to find said it would fit if collapsed and the wheels were taken off. I have a CRV and it just fits in sideways with the wheels on.

I may have to try and do a bit more research but am worried that since my ME tags haven't arrived I don't know how I can send my luggage to the resort if I don't have them.

Dollar rates have dropped!

These are for my dates (with taxes and extra days comes to $211 for me, oct 31-nov 10).
  • $99 weekly rate for a mid-size
  • $114 weekly rate for a mid-size SUV
  • $204 weekly rate for a mini-van

And that is without a city special! (Not available for my dates...changes almost daily if its there or not. Doesn't beat my $195 from early September, but this is the first time it has come close! :goodvibes

Dollar rates have dropped!

These are for my dates (with taxes and extra days comes to $211 for me, oct 31-nov 10).
  • $99 weekly rate for a mid-size
  • $114 weekly rate for a mid-size SUV
  • $204 weekly rate for a mini-van

And that is without a city special! (Not available for my dates...changes almost daily if its there or not. Doesn't beat my $195 from early September, but this is the first time it has come close! :goodvibes

That's so weird because they've skyrocketed for my dates ! Oct 26 - Nov 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter