November 2012 Car Rental Deals

hurleysweety said:
If you have a Costco Membership, their ID 7015309 will save you 15% and get you a free additional driver.

?: is there somewhere to input the ID or does the discount show up automatically?

Just reserved Alamo from 11/27-12/7 w/ a standard car for $183.40 with "sunpromo" and coupon "AD2335FDC". This was adding one extra driver on & includes all taxes, fees & charges. Boy....do those add up!!

Thanks to who ever posted it....
I cancelled my Dollar and Advantage reservations and prefer Alamo over the other 2. We have never had an issues w/ Alamo in the past, always a good experience.

Now the big question is.......what coupon is AD2335FDC?? It gave me $30 off and said I "may" need to present a coupon. I hope not, I don't even know what it is for, but it worked and gave me another $30 off the rental price.

Anyone know what that coupon code is???

Thanks -
Karen

You're welcome! :thumbsup2 And like a PP said, that code is a mastercard code. If you don't have mastercard, there is also a visa $30 off code too - AD2338FDF. We have rented from Alamo the last four trips and have always used some sort of coupon and never been asked to present the coupon. We always use the kiosk too.

?: is there somewhere to input the ID or does the discount show up automatically?

When you are entering the info for the reservation, under "Optional Rate Information" you will see a box that says "I.D. / Corp I.D.:" and that is where you would put that costco contract ID. :)

I just got a Premium car for Oct 27th-Nov 4th for $212.33 total, using the Alamo Insiders, Coscto, and $30.00 off Visa codes (better than the $245.00 I was paying for a compact car using those same codes just yesterday).:cool1: I really just wanted an midsize car though. Wonder why a Premium was cheaper than an Midsize?

Anyone know what Alamo has for Premium cars?

I just got a Premium car for Oct 27th-Nov 4th for $212.33 total, using the Alamo Insiders, Coscto, and $30.00 off Visa codes (better than the $245.00 I was paying for a compact car using those same codes just yesterday).:cool1: I really just wanted an midsize car though. Wonder why a Premium was cheaper than an Midsize?

From the always helpful, gmeh1, a great DISer who works at Alamo and kindly informs us of all kinds of car rental info:

"The Premiums at Alamo usually are: Chrysler 300, Taurus, Accord, Maxima, Merc. Grand Marq.

The Full size cars usually are: Impala, Malibu, Fusion, Camry, Chargers, Altima, Mazda 6."

From the always helpful, gmeh1, a great DISer who works at Alamo and kindly informs us of all kinds of car rental info:

"The Premiums at Alamo usually are: Chrysler 300, Taurus, Accord, Maxima, Merc. Grand Marq.

The Full size cars usually are: Impala, Malibu, Fusion, Camry, Chargers, Altima, Mazda 6."

Thanks!

If you have a Costco Membership, their ID 7015309 will save you 15% and get you a free additional driver.

No Costco membership. Nearest one is almost 2 hrs away. :( Might sign up if it I couldn't get the extra driver another way. So far I can use other providers or codes to get pretty close.

Loss of Use Insurance - Thanks to this thread, I got the valuable info that Visa covers Loss of Use when the car is secured & paid via Visa.

Today I called to get some questions answered & I discovered some surprising info. I posted a separate thread on the Transportation Board (Visa Rental Car Ins Coverage - Loss of Use) to cover such. But since I received my help from here, I just want to let you know of that new thread & some info I deemed important -

1. Per my telephone call doesn't cover rental period over 15 days. However that is not listed on the website.??
2. Doesn't cover vans built for more than 8 people, including driver.
3. Only covers "valid & reasonable loss of use", which I'm sure will not satisfy the rental company, but any insurance company will have this condition.
4. Can see written info at http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/b..._personal.html.
5. Call 800-VISA-911 or 800-356-8955.
6. What docs need from rental comp & how to file claim info on the website - might be a good idea to take that info on the trip.

Cheers to a Safe Trip!

Julie

Changed my rate code from aw9 to aw7 and saved another $20! Just click on "modify" your reservation and see if changing the rate code changes your rate! aw8 made it jump to $450 :lmao:

How are you able to combine so many codes? I have Costco, insiders and a good double upgrade entertainment coupon but I can't figure out how to enter multiple codes!

The Alamo website has the Nissan Maxima listed (https://www.alamo.com/fleet.do).

T_PCAR_US.jpg

However when I hear Premium, I think Land Yacht! Crowne Victoria, Grand Marquis, Lincoln Towncar...boat! Come to think of it, maybe they'll have something like this for you...

landyacht.gif

If you use it on the Seven Seas Lagoon, watch out for Disney Security!

gibbs-aquada-boat-car1.jpg

Of course, the Premium is likely something more land-based....

centipedelimo.jpg

Good luck, and let us know! :thumbsup2

Nov 28-Dec, 2012 with Dollar using Promo Code KISS2

Fullsize car = $140.xx inclusive of taxes

Would rather go with the ease of Alamo, but they are just too high right now.
Would rather see this reservation go down to around $100 too. Might cancel it if it doesn't and just stick with Magical Express

can anyone tell me where these rate codes are from and if anyone can use them?? I'm actually going next week, oct 25-30 and its giving me $199 for a premium with the $30 coupon ad2338fdf. more than my dollar rate but i really want to use alamo.:confused3

You can get a full size with Budget for $176 using wendie code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Note this is after ecoupon is applied when return vehicle.

How are you able to combine so many codes? I have Costco, insiders and a good double upgrade entertainment coupon but I can't figure out how to enter multiple codes!

Insider Code is just simply entering your membership number and last name.

The costco code goes under "ID/Corp ID"

The coupon codes under "Coupon Code"

ScreenShot2012-10-19at23325PM.png

I'm looking to find the cheapest way from Cape Canaveral to MCO on 12/8/12. I figured the cheapest would be to rent a car (minivan, since we have 6 people and lots of luggage), which I did, through Dollar, for $84.07. Anyone know of a cheaper way/rate? Thanks in advance.

We leave in 5 weeks. Using the klm code our price for a mini van is $463.00, The next closest is hotwire at $626.00. Anyone use this code recently. We are flying into Tampa, their prices look to be alot more.

The Alamo website has the Nissan Maxima listed (https://www.alamo.com/fleet.do).

T_PCAR_US.jpg

However when I hear Premium, I think Land Yacht! Crowne Victoria, Grand Marquis, Lincoln Towncar...boat! Come to think of it, maybe they'll have something like this for you...

If you use it on the Seven Seas Lagoon, watch out for Disney Security!

gibbs-aquada-boat-car1.jpg

Of course, the Premium is likely something more land-based....

centipedelimo.jpg

Good luck, and let us know! :thumbsup2

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Lord, I hope not. The reason I asked what Alamo's premium cars are, is because I want a smaller car (one that's easier to park) down there. The only reason I went with a Premium over a Midsize is because using the codes I did, the Premium was cheaper for some reason. I don't want a big car. I'd be just as happy with a midsize or even a compact, if I could get one cheaper than the Premium I currently have.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Lord, I hope not. The reason I asked what Alamo's premium cars are, is because I want a smaller car (one that's easier to park) down there. The only reason I went with a Premium over a Midsize is because using the codes I did, the Premium was cheaper for some reason. I don't want a big car. I'd be just as happy with a midsize or even a compact, if I could get one cheaper than the Premium I currently have.

Strange thing about the Premium size, most people expect a bigger car, but premium really means, "loaded with features" - so the high end versions of the cars. You might find a newer, fully loaded Altima on the premium aisle and a basic Altima on the full-size aisle.

Yes, the row will most likely have cars that comfortably seat 5 people, but you might find something small that will work for you. :thumbsup2 I've also learned that it never hurts to ask an attendant. I've always found a friendly person to help me out if I have a question, but I might have to go through a few "less than magical" employees first. ;)

I'm looking to find the cheapest way from Cape Canaveral to MCO on 12/8/12. I figured the cheapest would be to rent a car (minivan, since we have 6 people and lots of luggage), which I did, through Dollar, for $84.07. Anyone know of a cheaper way/rate? Thanks in advance.

I just checked through Costco picking up Dec 8 at cape canaveral and dropping at MCO Dec 9 for a 24hr minivan rental through Budget is $77 inc taxes.
http://www.costcotravel.com/#11_rentalCars

Thanks. I put in December 8th for return and it gave me the same price. One problem is I'm not a Costco member anymore.

I just checked expedia.ca for the sake of it since some times they have pretty good deals. Even if you are in the US you can still book there. I plugged in an 8AM pickup and 4PM drop off on Dec 8th and I got $54 inc taxes with Dollar.

UPDATE: You will also find it on expedia.com but often this is not the case.

Review car details
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Counter and car in terminal

Counter in terminal, shuttle to car

Shuttle to counter and car; may need to call for shuttle

Information not provided

Dollar Rent A Car Mini Van
Air conditioning, automatic transmission, unlimited mileage.
Dodge Grand Caravan or similar, 7 adults, 5 large suitcases, 2 - 4 doors

Pick up:
Sat 08/12/2012 8:00 am Drop off:
Sat 08/12/2012 4:00 pm

Location: 6799 N Atlantic Ave, Cape Canaveral, Florida More location info
Hours of operation: 08/12/2012: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm 08/12/2012: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm

Image shown above is representative only.

2 Review rental rates
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 day @ USD 48.49 /day(weekend) USD 48.49

= Base price USD 48.49
+ Estimated taxes and fees USD 6.18 The taxes and fees are calculated by the rental car company at the time of booking. It is possible that some charges may change by the time you pick up the car.

.45 ENERGY RECOVERY FEE USD 0.45 /rental
2.02 STATE TRANSACT SRG USD 2.02 /rental
6.00 PCT STATE TAX USD 3.09 /rental
.62 VEHICLE LICENSE FEE USD 0.62 /rental

Details

Total price* USD 54.67 (C$54.32)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter