Not ready yet???!!! A February trip report! Update 10/25 Day 9

What a great morning so far! There is nothing like a Dis-meet and you are so right when you say it's like meeting old friends!! We had a blast at our Dis-meets over the last couple of years and can't wait for the ones we have planned so far for August!! I can't wait to hear more...and your pictures are awesome!:cool1:

That's it! We tried the one attached to the cafe. So the one you eat at would then be in Marketplace? I need to try and fit that in at the end of the month!! Thanks for the info.

Also, I just started my first PTR this morning for our trip in 20 days...stop by when you get a chance!

YES, we always go to the one at Marketplace! :thumbsup2 You need to try and go there, and if Maritsa is working, give her a hug from us and tell her she's the best! ;)

Awww...fun DisMeet! Reading Tina's TR now...max is a cutie!

Max is just adoreable! Even cuter in real life! :goodvibes
The meet was great - and there are lots more photos to come! Day 2 is a pretty long report! :lmao:

LOL, ok so when I say fire... again :rolleyes1 I may exaggerate a tad. Flames no... multiple sparks shooting out, yes. Yes, it was one to tell... but I did not do a TR. It was not until our next trip that I wrote a PTR or a TR. Our 2/2010 trip was a long one though..and it would have been a VERY long TR. :rotfl:

Oh your dismeet looks fun!

Sparks are more than enough for me - this works as fire for me! :rotfl2:

The meet was just SOOOOOO much fun! Such open, warm and sweet people! Hope we can squeeze in one or two more this summer! ;)

the DISmeet sounds awesome! I am still contact with some of my DIS friends from my previous cruises. :lovestruc What a great community we have here:)

We loved ALL our Dismeets so far! They have all been so much fun and we have met the most wonderful people! :thumbsup2
And we hope to meet two fellow cruisers again this summer too! Teri1 and her husband Mick were seated at the same table as Tom and I and we had a blast together. Our trips in the summer overlap by a day, so we are planning a meet then! :woohoo:

Awww...thanks... I so wish we could back in August. If I had stayed at my old job, I'd be off 'till the end of August, so a trip overlapping would have been do-able, at least from a calendar standpoint. Of course, I wouldn't be making enough money to go to Disney in the first place, so... there is that!

I should know in the next six weeks or so when we'll be able to go back. Come July we will either be moving or going to Disneyworld! :rotfl: Either way, I'm good! :thumbsup2 I've found some really good deals on-line, particularly if I'm willing to book through places other than Disney...but we'll see... Definitely next February!

Oh, it was wonderful, wasn't it? I'm not going to say too much else here and it will be awhile before I get to this point on my TR! But it was fantastic! :dance3:

Oh, it's a shame we will miss you in the summer, but I would be really happy for you if it worked out in your favour! Fingers crossed, and toes too! Just promise me to let me spend another pool day with sweet little Max the next time our trips overlap! ;) :thumbsup2

Meeting you and your family and Nicki and Todd was the absolute PERFECT start to our vacation! Thanks all of you for making it extra special for us! :hug:

Yay, a DISmeet. I totally want to do one of those someday!

You sound like me with the packing. I always think I have things laid out perfectly, and then BAM! I realize that I put something somewhere that is not convenient.

Oh, you HAVE to do one! These meets are the BEST! All our meets have worked out fine so far and people were just extra nice!
I don't know what got into me packing those goodie bags in the bottom of our suitcase! :lmao: I really thought I had nailed that one - well, not so much, I guess! :lmao:

That's a wonderful meet!! :goodvibes Very often it is like that- you have been chatting on here forever, and when you meet in person, it just feels so perfect!! :goodvibes

Ellen, you should have been there! We had such a fun time together - there are lots more photos to come - we didn't eat much, but we had FUN!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

The nice thing about staying on Disney property is you can mail yourself a package. I mailed our FE gifts for our cruise to POP and just carried them on to the ship with us. I will probably do the same thing next time. I have no room in my luggage at all :rotfl:

That's a nice perk for you! I wish it would work for us, but mailing a parcel to the US is more expensive than taking an extra suitcase! And at the moment the US does not accept parcels heavier than 1 lb from outside the US (unless you want to be overcharged and do LOADS of paperwork). ;)

Just home from a veerrryyy LONG day !! Read your Dis Meet update and am hoping pix will be coming !!I hope to have some pix and a mini TR within a PTR of my day in Albany!!!

Rosie, we have tons more photos! Watch out for them, they are coming soon!
Hope you were able to recover from your long day!
A mini TR within a PTR is awesome! Thanks!! :hug:

You can't leave us hanging there! We need more!!! :laughing:

More coming up soon - and lots of pics too! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

What a great morning so far! There is nothing like a Dis-meet and you are so right when you say it's like meeting old friends!! We had a blast at our Dis-meets over the last couple of years and can't wait for the ones we have planned so far for August!! I can't wait to hear more...and your pictures are awesome!:cool1:

It started out great and stayed that way, but there were a few turns in the road - esp. where the resort was concerned! :laughing:

Tom and I are always a bit worried when we meet "new" people - English is not our first language and it can sometimes be hard to keep a conversation going - not so much with the people we have met on DISmeets so far - instant friends! :love:
You are going in August? WHEN? We will be there from the 13th until the 21st when we go on board the DREAM for 11 nights - then it is back to WDW on Sept 1!
Lots mote to come ....... soon, pretty soon! :thumbsup2

Okay, I am finally caught up on all chapters thus far.

Don't you just HATE when you realize you forgot to do something just before heading to the airport????

So sorry for the long delay in getting through Customs once you arrived here in the USA.

I can't believe they screwed up your "off site ressie" yet again. What is with these people? It's not like you had the wrong date as it showed the date on your confirmation. :confused3:confused3:confused3

I LOVE the picture from the DIS meet. You all look so great...and it was so much fun talking to all of you.

Karin, How can you say your english is not good!!! You write your trip reports like a native!! It sometimes is hard for me to believe that english is not your first language. You should be so proud of yourself. I just wish I had mastered a second language but that was not to be. Hope you are having a great week and looking forward to another update. Elaine

Karin, How can you say your english is not good!!! You write your trip reports like a native!! It sometimes is hard for me to believe that english is not your first language. You should be so proud of yourself. I just wish I had mastered a second language but that was not to be. Hope you are having a great week and looking forward to another update. Elaine

I agree Karin! You have a very impressive style of writing and the fact that English is not your first language makes it even more amazing to me. I had a co-worker whose spelling and grammar was so deplorable it was unbelievable that she was born and raised here.

It started out great and stayed that way, but there were a few turns in the road - esp. where the resort was concerned! :laughing:

Tom and I are always a bit worried when we meet "new" people - English is not our first language and it can sometimes be hard to keep a conversation going - not so much with the people we have met on DISmeets so far - instant friends! :love:
You are going in August? WHEN? We will be there from the 13th until the 21st when we go on board the DREAM for 11 nights - then it is back to WDW on Sept 1!
Lots mote to come ....... soon, pretty soon! :thumbsup2

We arrive on the 21st and leave for home on the 3rd....maybe we can have our very own Dis-meet in September????:goodvibes

Don't you just HATE when you realize you forgot to do something just before heading to the airport????

So sorry for the long delay in getting through Customs once you arrived here in the USA.

I can't believe they screwed up your "off site ressie" yet again. What is with these people? It's not like you had the wrong date as it showed the date on your confirmation. :confused3:confused3:confused3

I LOVE the picture from the DIS meet. You all look so great...and it was so much fun talking to all of you.

Yeah for catching up! :thumbsup2
There is always something I forget - good thing I caught it in time, this time! :rotfl2:

We couldn't believe the trouble at the hotel again! Shows, that it is MUCH better staying onsite in the first place! :goodvibes

It was so fun to finally hear your voice! Maybe we can repeat the experience when we go back in August! ;)
LOTS more meet photos to come! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your kind words, but sometimes it is just hard to catch accents and phrases! ;)
I am trying my best in my trip reports and it makes me quite proud that so many of you take the time and read them! Thank you!!!!!!!
Plus ......... another update with lots of photos coming up shortly! :thumbsup2

I agree Karin! You have a very impressive style of writing and the fact that English is not your first language makes it even more amazing to me. I had a co-worker whose spelling and grammar was so deplorable it was unbelievable that she was born and raised here.

Thank you so much too!
How good to know that I can make myself understood! I love writing and trying to express my thoughts in English. And sharing them with you all here on the DIS is the best!
Thanks for reading! :hug:

We arrive on the 21st and leave for home on the 3rd....maybe we can have our very own Dis-meet in September????:goodvibes

Tom and I would LOVE to meet you in September! We'll arrive during Sept 1. This time we will return the rental and not having it sit at the parking lot for a week! ;) So we will have to pick up a new rental at Port Canaveral and then drive to WDW. But I am sure we will be there in the late afternoon and we have all day on Sept 2nd.
I hope we can find some time to meet up somewhere! :thumbsup2

Day 2, February 20

Friends, treats, a DREAM and finally a hotel room - Part 2

Right after we had hugged and exchanged the first few sentences we were led inside the restaurant. We had a large round table towards the back of the restaurant and everyone found a seat and we started talking about how vacations had been so far and our experience upon entering the country.

DSC_0002.jpg

Our server came by, introduced himself and announced the characters and asked for our drinks orders and then it was time to hand out our goodie bags. One for Tina and Mark and one for Nicki and Todd. Turns out we not only handed out gifts we were given some too! :goodvibes
Tina had got us the cutest custom made scarfs with our DIS names on it, which will come in pretty handy on the DREAM in the summer and definitely in the winter – the gold coloured scarf matches my black coat perfectly.

IMG_9601.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Nicki handed out HUGE bags shock full of Disney snacks. Yum, yum, yum! There turned out to be so many snacks we got this trip that I took a whole carryon FULL of leftover snacks home.

Food was not really important as we had so much fun talking, talking photos of little Max meeting characters

IMG_9519.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

and nibbling a few fruit and a few breakfast items inbetween.

IMG_9543.jpg

(Yes, Nicki, I DID take photos of my food! :rotfl2:)

IMG_9544.jpg

Mark was wearing a birthday button, so he was served a cupcake and sung to

DSC_0004.jpg

and Max was happy to help nibbling the cupcake.

I think none of us got our money's worth, but it didn’t matter at all, we were just happy chatting and having fun. All too fast we realized that we had occupied the table for about 90 minutes and we paid our bills and went outside to take a few photos to remember this wonderful moment.

Right there and then, Nicki was able to reach Kathy and we were taking turns in talking to her. It was so fun to finally hear her voice and be able to talk to her. Made this meet even more special if that is even possible! :yay:

It was beautiful outside and we took turns who would be in the photos and who would take them

DSC_0066.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

and finally found a good soul who would take a photo of all of us with several different cameras.

Time seemed to have flown by and it was time to say goodbye.
Tina and her family wanted to head into Epcot, while Nicki and Todd needed to check out of the Swolphin. We changed our plans and decided against going into Epcot and instead drive to Downtown Disney.

Great update, Karin! I love the DIS buddy pictures (but where is the one of the whole group)?

Max is adorable; and the gifts were all great.

It was so GREAT talking to all of you that morning (even though Nicki did wake me up ;)). One of these days (I'm counting on that cruise in 2013) we are going to meet up. :hug:

Great update, Karin! I love the DIS buddy pictures (but where is the one of the whole group)?

Max is adorable; and the gifts were all great.

It was so GREAT talking to all of you that morning (even though Nicki did wake me up ;)). One of these days (I'm counting on that cruise in 2013) we are going to meet up. :hug:

Thank you, Kathy!
I was looking for the "whole group" photo in my photobucket account, but it seems that either it did not turn out, or it's still in Tom's camera! :confused3 - I need to check the memory card tomorrow!

Isn't Max a cutie? Such a sweet little man - can't wait until little George is old enough to introduce him to the world! :goodvibes :laughing:

I am counting on you for the 2013 cruise - and please, when you see Nicki in April give her a hug from me and work on Todd, so they will cruise with us as well! :thumbsup2

The meet turned out so great for you guys! Those scarves were so cool! Who cares if you guys were sitting there for so long? All in the name of a DISmeet! :thumbsup2

Karin I did my ADRs yesterday, got all the ones that I wanted & the times I wanted. It was a very painful process as the site kept crashing just as I was to click my last click. The stipid thing kept telling me that I was too early, finally after two hours I had made 4 ressies. The call center was finally open so I made the last 6over the phone. :banana:

Anxiosly awaiting more updates.;)

I knew English was your second language (obviously) but it didn't seem to make a difference to us at all. I love talking to you both so much!

It really, truly was! :cloud9:

What a great morning you had! Beautiful pictures too...you all look so happy!

Oh, we were! It was an amazing experience and for Tom and Karin and I its only part one of what we did together on this day! :rolleyes1 I only wish we had more time with everyone all together.

I totally agree, though, Karin...I don't think any of us at very much at all! :lmao:

The meet turned out so great for you guys! Those scarves were so cool! Who cares if you guys were sitting there for so long? All in the name of a DISmeet! :thumbsup2

It was such a wonderful meet! We all had so much fun, lots of laughter - I could have spent all day at that table - even though Cape May people would not have liked it! :rotfl2:

Karin I did my ADRs yesterday, got all the ones that I wanted & the times I wanted. It was a very painful process as the site kept crashing just as I was to click my last click. The stipid thing kept telling me that I was too early, finally after two hours I had made 4 ressies. The call center was finally open so I made the last 6over the phone. :banana:

Anxiosly awaiting more updates.;)

What's wrong with their site again? :confused3
I am glad you were able to get all of your ADRs and at the right times, but it amazes me that a company like Disney has a site that is prone to shutting down and crashing so often!
When I made my ADRs I had to kind of try all different approaches to even get to the site and then it kept giving me error codes!
I waited a while and then it seemed to work perfectly.

More updates coming up shortly - it was a LONG week with lots of work at school, that means "little" DIS time! ;) :laughing:

What a great morning you had! Beautiful pictures too...you all look so happy!

It was all like a dream, the company, the location, the weather! We were a lot of happy bunnies! ;)

I knew English was your second language (obviously) but it didn't seem to make a difference to us at all. I love talking to you both so much!

It really, truly was! :cloud9:

Oh, we were! It was an amazing experience and for Tom and Karin and I its only part one of what we did together on this day! :rolleyes1 I only wish we had more time with everyone all together.

I totally agree, though, Karin...I don't think any of us at very much at all! :lmao:

It was real easy with all of you and we just LOVED the meet so much!

I am all with you - I would have loved to spend more time with all of you! Wish Nicki and Todd could have at least stayed for the EMHs that day! :thumbsup2
Well, maybe we will have to "squeeze in" that Naples day in the end! :lmao:

Karin, where do I begin?

Meeting you and Tom and Tina, Mark and Max was the most fun ever! Both Todd and I wish we could have stayed longer with all of you but he had to get back to work early the next day....bummer!

Any chance you will get to WDW in late May?

Can you believe Kathy is giving me grief for waking her up? :rotfl: I must have told her a million times that I would be calling her that morning so she could be there in voice if not in person...dont worry I will get her back when she comes to FL next month :lmao:

The pictures look great! I hope you can find the one of us as a group...I bet that looks nice too!

Next time we have a meet we should do it on the beach at the Poly with some nice cocktails in hand! None of us ate a bit but I did notice that you snuck in your food plates...when did you do that? I bet it was Tom, he is a master photographer :thumbsup2

I must tell you this, my oldest niece knows that I have a very large book collection (she is a very avid reader as well) and she comes over to stay with me all the time. She picked out the book from Austria that you and Tom gave us and started looking through it. She could not get over how gorgeous Austria was...every time she comes over that is the first thing she gets is that book. Being a Floridian kid she has never seen mountains, snow and green pastures like that before. Now her dream is to visit there one day....hmmmm...maybe her aunt could go with her??? I bet I know someone that could give us a tour! :cutie:

Miss both of you, cannot wait to hear the rest of the story.

Tom and I would LOVE to meet you in September! We'll arrive during Sept 1. This time we will return the rental and not having it sit at the parking lot for a week! ;) So we will have to pick up a new rental at Port Canaveral and then drive to WDW. But I am sure we will be there in the late afternoon and we have all day on Sept 2nd.
I hope we can find some time to meet up somewhere! :thumbsup2

September 2 is our last day at WDW:sad2:so if we could all meet up it would be something to look forward to and maybe we wouldn't be so sad:rotfl2: We have absolutely no plans that day so I'm sure between us we can figure something out!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter