Where:
February 19, Clarion Lake Buena Vista
February 20 – 26, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

Why:
Because we needed a little Disney fun

IMG_0438.jpg

Who:

IMG_6606.jpg

Tom: My dear brother and travelling buddy. He’s a mailman in real live but loves to share in on all my Disney fun.

IMG_0433.jpg

And then there is me ……
Karin: Teacher by day, planner of Disney trips by night.

147-4738_IMG.jpg

We both didn’t grow up with Disney. Yes, we did read the Mickey Mouse comic books, but that was it, a comic book and we got to watch Disney movies in the cinema, but other than that, Austria is a Disney desert.
In 1992 we took our first trip to the USA and visited California for 18 days. A travel agent had put the trip together for us and we did several states, national parks and cities in a bit more than two weeks. Since the TA suggested a visit to Disneyland we decided to follow her recommendation and go there.
Once we walked under the railway station we were hooked. We loved our first Disney experience so much that we cut our visit to San Diego a day short and spent another day at Disneyland.
We went back every summer for a few years and threw in a few visits to Disneyland Paris now and then and then we finally gave in and visited Florida for the first time in 1999. We stayed offsite for 5 nights and drove from Winter Garden to WDW every day, then travelled down the Atlantic coast to Key West and back along the Gulf Coast to end our trip at WDW, staying on property for the first time, at All Star Movies.
Do I need to say that we loved it? We went back every year and so far have stayed at Pop Century, All Star Movies, All Star Music, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs Resort, The Contemporary Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club and the Wilderness Lodge.
In 2006 Disney upgraded our reservation at Old Key West to a 1 bedroom villa and ever since this has become our DREAM resort. We go back whenever we can afford it and thanks to Disney.co.uk we can go back in August/September with a generous discount and free dining.
In 2009 we joined a group of Disney friends on our “once in a lifetime” Disney cruise. As with anything else Disney we fell in love with Disney Cruise Line and this summer we will take cruises number 4, 5 and 6.

But now, back to our February trip.
Two years ago we came up with the idea of taking a weeklong trip during my half term holiday. Living in a country where it is freezing cold in the winter we loved and enjoyed the warm temperatures and the complete change of scenery so much, we repeated it last year. We were not sure if we would be able to pull it off again this year, but everything worked out in our favour and we were able to fly to Disney for a week.
There were a lot of fun things planned, a DISmeet, EMHs until 3am, the Wild Africa Trek and a Wishes Dessert Party.
Many things got changed and many things just worked out really well. Now, if you are interested, we would love to have you along for the ride!

IMG_4312.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Table of contents:

Day 1, February 19:
Are you sure you have a reservation? - Part 1
Are you sure you have a reservation? - Part 2
Are you sure you have a reservation? - Part 3

Day 2, February 20:
Friends, treats, a DREAM and finally a hotel room - Part 1
Friends, treats, a DREAM and finally a hotel room - Part 2
Friends, treats, a DREAM and finally a hotel room - Part 3
Friends, treats, a DREAM and finally a hotel room - Part 4
Friends, treats, a DREAM and finally a hotel room - Part 5
Friends, treats, a DREAM and finally a hotel room - Part 6
Friends, treats, a DREAM and finally a hotel room - Part 7
Friends, treats, a DREAM and finally a hotel room - Part 8

Day 3, February 21:
A lazy President’s Day with lots of sunshine, treats and a dinner with a view! - Part 1
A lazy President’s Day with lots of sunshine, treats and a dinner with a view! - Part 2
A lazy President's Day with lots of sunshine, treats and a dinner with a view! - Part 3

Day 4, February 22:
Megan and Meghan take us to Wild Africa! - Part 1
Megan and Meghan take us to Wild Africa! - Part 2
Megan and Meghan take us to Wild Africa! - Part 3
Megan and Meghan take us to Wild Africa! - Part 4
Megan and Meghan take us to Wild Africa! - Part 5
Megan and Meghan take us to Wild Africa! - Part 6
Megan and Meghan take us to Wild Africa! - Part 7
Megan and Meghan take us to Wild Africa! - Part 8

Day 5, February 23:
A peek at the Flower and Garden Festival with a visit to „The Ditch“ and some caramel - Part 1
A peek at the Flower and Garden Festival with a visit to „The Ditch“ and some caramel - Part 2
A peek at the Flower and Garden Festival with a visit to „The Ditch“ and some caramel - Part 3
A peek at the Flower and Garden Festival with a visit to „The Ditch“ and some caramel - Part 4
A peek at the Flower and Garden Festival with a visit to „The Ditch“ and some caramel - Part 5
A peek at the Flower and Garden Festival with a visit to „The Ditch“ and some caramel - Part 6

Day 6, February 24:
Rides and shows, run Forrest run, and lots and expensive shopping - Part 1
Rides and shows, run Forrest run, and lots and expensive shopping - Part 2
Rides and shows, run Forrest run, and lots and expensive shopping - Part 3
Rides and shows, run Forrest run, and lots and expensive shopping - Part 4
Rides and shows, run Forrest run, and lots and expensive shopping - Part 5
Rides and shows, run Forrest run, and lots and expensive shopping - Part 6

Day 7, February 25:
Call of the wild and Mater calls from the pool and yummy desserts are calling our name - Part 1
Call of the wild and Mater calls from the pool and yummy desserts are calling our name - Part 2
Call of the wild and Mater calls from the pool and yummy desserts are calling our name - Part 3
Call of the wild and Mater calls from the pool and yummy desserts are calling our name - Part 4
Call of the wild and Mater calls from the pool and yummy desserts are calling our name - Part 5
Call of the wild and Mater calls from the pool and yummy desserts are calling our name - Part 6

Day 8, February 26:
Crowds, two parks, flowers, lots of food and a plane ride home - Part 1
Crowds, two parks, flowers, lots of food and a plane ride home - Part 2
Crowds, two parks, flowers, lots of food and a plane ride home - Part 3
Crowds, two parks, flowers, lots of food and a plane ride home - Part 4

Day 9, February 27:
So sad it's over, looking forward to more

Trip reports in Progress:
July/August 14: We're out of it! A summer 14 “MAGICal” Med adventure
March/April 15: Think of all the joy you'll find ......... A MAGICal Birthday trip

Dining review in Progress:

Pre Trip reports in Progress:

Disney Cruise Line:

February 16, 2014 DREAMing!
A MAGICal trip to Key West and the Western Caribbean March 29/15

Past Pre-Trip Reports:

Feb 11: Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to the CSR we go!
Aug 11: If your heart is in your DREAM
Feb 12, Aug/Sept 12: HELP!!!!!! More Disney Dreams to fulfill - THREE trips to plan!
Feb 13, Aug/Sept 13: We invite you, if you dare ………
Disney Cruise Line:
February 16, 2014 DREAMing!
A MAGICal trip to Key West and the Western Caribbean March 29/15

Past Dining reviews:

A Dream is a WISH your HEART makes
Pirates on the Dining Plan!!
Dreams really do come true
Here's what a little pixie dust can do ..
Hakuna Matata
What did WE celebrate - 30 days of Disney fun
The Magic, the Memories and the Food! February 2011
Surf and Turf Disney Style - 30 Days of Disney Dining on land and at sea

Finished Trip Report:
Aug/Sept 10: Value Resorts and Inside Staterooms? Bah Humbug!! 30 days of Disney fun
Feb 11: Not ready yet ???!!! A February 2011 trip report!
Aug/Sept 11: Memories of the DREAM come true ........ August/September 2011
Feb 12: Pixie dust on our DREAM vacation
Feb 13: PLEASE! Whistle while you work ……
Aug/Sept 12: If we can dream it, we can do it ...... another 30 day vacation
Aug/Sept 13: Get off the ship - we are running out of towel animals!
March/April 15: Think of all the joy you'll find ... a magical birthday trip!

Last edited:
:cool1: I made it!! :woohoo:

About to shut down due to severe thunderstorm, but I'll be back later to catch up!

So excited to read all about your trip, Karin & Tom!!popcorn::

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

(gee, I was even first!! :goodvibes)

YAYAYAYAY!

I am on the first page...now I have to go back and read what you wrote ;)

Yippee!! So happy you started!! :goodvibes Going back to read!

Yes! just finished dinner and thought I would check to see if you had started your trip report and here you are!! Looking forward to it. Elaine

I am so looking forward to this! We go in less than 60 days (Beach Club Villas) and I booked some of our ADRs based on your past reviews (Yak & Yeti for the first time). :thumbsup2
Alright! I made the first page!

Woo hoo! Another report from Karin and Tom! :banana: And this one's so fresh, the Krispy Kremes are still warm. ;)

Made it to page two & rarin' to go! Want to hear all about the fun, but don't want to know about the beautiful weather.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter