• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not ready yet???!!! A February trip report! Update 10/25 Day 9

I'm here! I'm here! :dance3: Thank you for stopping by my PTR to let me know about this report. I'm very excited to read what is to come!!!! :thumbsup2

Wonderful start...I love flying with Lufthansa b/c we have good food going to Europe and coming home.

Thank you! Lufthansa is a good airline. Their service leaves little to be desired!
Well, it better be good :lmao: as it is the only airline that flies out of our hometown and goes from Frankfurt to Orlando without a stopover! :thumbsup2

I'm here! I'm here! :dance3: Thank you for stopping by my PTR to let me know about this report. I'm very excited to read what is to come!!!! :thumbsup2

:woohoo: You are here!
I have only just started! There are lots of things to come ;) and a lot of food and DISfriends! :thumbsup2
I hope to be able to update tomorrow. It's getting late here. :scared1:

I have lurked on your other threads! We were actually at Disney the same time as you last August. I can't wait to read about your trip!:goodvibes

Hello, my friend. :hug: That candy bar sounds right up my alley. You know how much I love chocolate and hazelnut!

You're so lucky to be able to fly on European airlines! American flights have cut everything! No snacks, no meals, you have to buy any food, pay for your luggage...it's absurd.

Last time I went to Europe I was on LOT Polish Airlines and they were still giving FREE alcoholic beverages and abundant food! I find security doesn't seem to be as tight in European airports either - it's quicker to get through the lines!

Karin,
The rolls from your baker look really good, you are so lucky in Europe to have such good bread and pastry. I bet you were very happy to say bye-bye to the weather when you left for Florida.
I was thinking of you today. I spoke with someone in Austria they are in Bad Hofgastein. Luckily they spoke English very well!:)

Can't wait for more updates and I will be checking on your other reports as well.

Thank you, Karin! You are always so sweet!:hug:

Thank YOU! :hug:

I have lurked on your other threads! We were actually at Disney the same time as you last August. I can't wait to read about your trip!:goodvibes

:woohoo: You came out of lurkdome! ;)
So nice to know that you are reading along as well!
Wow! We could have met for coffee if I had known you were at Disney last August - maybe we'll overlap some time in the future! DISmeets are just the BEST! :thumbsup2

Joining in!

:yay: :yay: I am so happy you made it over here too! :goodvibes

Joining in! That candy bar looks awesome! Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Thank you for joining here too! :goodvibes It feels awesome that so many friends follow along on our trips! :cloud9:

Hello, my friend. :hug: That candy bar sounds right up my alley. You know how much I love chocolate and hazelnut!

You would have LOVED the Nussini! Once the US allows us to send more than a packet of hankies again, I will send you some! :thumbsup2
How's my little pool buddy doing today? Does he miss the sun and Mickey as much as we do? ;)

These are for Max! :rainbow: :ccat: :goofy: :simba: :donald: :flower1: :car:

You're so lucky to be able to fly on European airlines! American flights have cut everything! No snacks, no meals, you have to buy any food, pay for your luggage...it's absurd.

Last time I went to Europe I was on LOT Polish Airlines and they were still giving FREE alcoholic beverages and abundant food! I find security doesn't seem to be as tight in European airports either - it's quicker to get through the lines!

Well, actually Lufthansa is the only airline that flies out of Linz with only one stopover in Frankfurt and then nonstop to Orlando, so there is not really much choice. And they don't come cheap. Our summer flights are worth $3500,- :scared1: ... and that IS travelling economy! :laughing:
So they better feed me well! :rotfl2:
Oh, by the way alcoholic drinks are still free on Lufthansa as well! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure about security - it might take longer in the US, but I am not so sure it is actually so much tighter.
Tom got caught with a gum wrapper at our tiny airport! :rotfl2: Yip, it made the alarm go off! We had a good laugh in the end with the officer! But airports are usually much smaller and there are NO lenghty immigration processes as in the US.

Subbing, now going back to catch up popcorn::

Hi Stefy!
I was missing you already! But I can understand that you have "things" to plan! :rotfl2: :hug:

great update. popcorn::

Thank you - it's only the start of something that turned out to be real wonderful! :thumbsup2

Karin,
The rolls from your baker look really good, you are so lucky in Europe to have such good bread and pastry. I bet you were very happy to say bye-bye to the weather when you left for Florida.
I was thinking of you today. I spoke with someone in Austria they are in Bad Hofgastein. Luckily they spoke English very well!:)

Can't wait for more updates and I will be checking on your other reports as well.

The thing I miss most when in the US is our bread and our rolls! Don't get me wrong - I never can wait to have some of that supersoft bread they sell in the supermarkets, but after two weeks I am REALLY longing for one of the pumpkinseed rolls - my favourites! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!! ;)

Oh my, I couldn't get out of the weather back home fast enough! Especially since the weather report was so promising for Florida! :cloud9:

Did you make a business call to Bad Hofgastein? Most people here speak English - very well, not so many! :rotfl2:

I will post another update tonight and maybe I can get to update one of my other threads too! I'll try!!!!!!!!

Here's a little off topic update.

Some of you have asked to see photos of TinkerBell, Pixie for short, our princess, aka our kitty!

She loves everything and anything feathery and since we don't have much choice with those toys here we always buy a bag full for her at Petsmart. Don't think there are many Austrians with a Petsmart card! :rotfl2:

So today she was in a particular good mood and we thought why not treat her to one of your gifts.

Well, this is what they look like when they are new ........

DSC_0578.jpg

......... and this is what they look like when she is done with them! :lmao: :rotfl2:

DSC_0579.jpg

And here she is, playing with her new favourite toy!

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

She is quite a poser, isn't she? :laughing:

Karin,
I am in LOVE with Pixie:lovestruc
She is adorable, she obviously loved her showgirl toy.
You made me laugh out loud with the comment about not many Austrians with a Petsmart card!! That is funny.
I love going to Petsmart.

I was on a busines/personal call to Bad Hofgastein my work and my life have become one it seems!! It looks like a really beautiful town, that and the area near Zell am see.
Thanks you for the Pixie pictures they were great!
Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter