No One Loses Weight Like Gaston - November 2015 W.I.S.H Challenge

Very interesting question. When I reach my goal, I will text DH and tell him to get his wallet ready and book our weekend at GF! And then go dig out a dress I have that I love that I can't fit in anymore and put it on. I have quite a few that I haven't had the heart to get rid of, but there's one pink and sparkly one that I truly miss so I can't wait to wear it!

I am giving myself until Dec 2016 to get down to my goal (very very realistic), but if I am steady at loosing 5 lbs per month I should reach my goal by April 2016. I am debating whether or not I would want to use the GF treat in May 2016 doubling as an Anniversary weekend. We were thinking about using our miles to go to Disneyland though for a few days in May so if we take the leap on that, then I would much rather go there and save GF for Christmas when I hopefully have lost even a few pounds more. My goal is where I would like to be-- not exactly love to be, but I am trying to be realistic!

I'm most looking forward to not being ashamed of every photo taken of me. I cannot believe the pictures that are taken of me because I do NOT feel like I look like the woman in the pictures. I remember being so critical of my body before and now I look at those pictures thinking "what was your problem-- you look great!" So I hope this journey teaches me the valuable lesson to appreciate what I looked like back then and will look like again with a much less critical eye.

This is awesome! So excited for you! :)

YES! The cheese lover struggle is REAL!!!!

As for me in general, I slipped right on down that slippery slope this weekend after my fantastic Saturday.... We went to a Renaissance Festival and they were selling bags of kettle corn and today I just could not stop eating it... It was insanely addictive.... oh my gosh... I am embarrassed to type that I was literally sucking the salty sugar out of half popped kernels today when I realized I had a serious problem. The good news is it's gone.... the bad news is it's gone because I finished the big ole bag of it myself. We are going grocery shopping tonight though for HEALTHY food (no sugary popcorn!!!) so I can get back on track!

Same problem here! I am so shocked every photo I see of myself. Before I had DD3 it was my plan to go from 148 to 140 before getting pregnant because I couldn't *possibly* stand the idea of not being at my 'goal weight' and signing myself up for another 30 pound weight gain with pregnancy. Sheesh, that extra 8 pounds was nothin'! Now I am FORTY pounds from that magical 140. Oye. Definitely going to appreciate getting back there.

If I missed you or misspelled something or if you just want to be added, let me know! I'll add mine.... when I can remember it! :rolleyes:

WISH INSTAGRAM user names:

flvy - flyawaymari

Lady Marie - p.ryan55

JacknSally - mnsmith89

DisPup75 - maggielee75

dsnyfn1022 - paigevader

courtneybeth - courtneybeth83

pjlla - wearemom22

I'd love if you could add me - my instagram is mostly knitting, but with a little bit of Disney and other random stuff - though I'm pretty sporadic about updating it these days.

I'm snarkypirate there :)

Question of the Day - November 16
giphy.gif

Beast and Belle enjoy a nice dinner without worrying about their waistlines.

Let's talk about... things we hope to accomplish in the future as a result of our weightloss.
Obviously there are many reasons why we're all involved in this weightloss challenge. For some it's for health reasons. For others it's to look good and feel good in your own body. Perhaps for others it's a combination of both. But no matter the reason... we're all here because we're on a path to our best self.

What is the first thing you're going to do when you reach goal weight?
Is there a special event or significant end-date in mind to reach your goal weight?
What do you look most forward to once you reach this weight?

The very first thing I'm going to do is scream. Followed by snapping a photo of the scale. Followed by a whole lot of shopping!

My special event/significant end date was intended to be my 40th birthday. Well, 40 came and went a few years ago but somehow the weight didn't go away (probably because I never got around to losing it). Right now I don't have a date in mind. Possible April vacation is too soon, planned 2021 trip to Japan is too far out. We've hopefully got Hawaii on the books for next Christmas and I would very much like to at least back to a healthy BMI (if not at my final goal) before then. I seem happiest when I'm in a steady pound a week loss mode so it is going to take me some time. But I will get there eventually!

I most look forward to being hot again! But then I remember I'm not going to magically turn into a 22 year old as a result of weight loss. Seriously, I think I most look forward to being light on my feet. Just 20 pounds has made it so much easier to walk around and go up and down stairs. I can't imagine what it will be like when the remaining 40-60 pounds is gone! And the clothes.... Oh the glorious clothes! And yes, like many above, I don't do photos because I hate seeing myself in them. I'm not sure that I look forward to smiling for the camera but I do look forward to not hiding from it.

What is the first thing you're going to do when you reach goal weight?
Is there a special event or significant end-date in mind to reach your goal weight?
What do you look most forward to once you reach this weight?

First thing - apply to work at Weight Watchers,lol!

I don't have a special event / significant end-date in mind. I'm 20 pounds over my Lifetime goal wt - but I made Lifetime in my late 30's. Not sure if I can get down to 131 and maintain; it is taking me so much longer to lose this time around. My personal goal is 139 and I plan to be there by Spring.

What I look forward to most is clothes shopping and feeling good trying on clothes.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Question of the Day - November 13

xeUdrRx.jpg

IT'S TIME FOR FRIDAY FUN!
It's time to change things up a bit. On Fridays we will make the topic about DISNEY since we are all (hopefully) fans of Disney. :love:

Today's Topic: Magic Bands.

What do you think of them? How do you select your color?
Have you upgraded to a customized/designed magic band? Do you decorate them yourself?
Anything else you want to add about the bands?

I love my MB! My daughter and I searched for photos of decorated bands and tried different polishes and stickers and markers to decorate them. I also love that you can do everything with them. I never take mine off for the entire stay! Wearing it on the plane! Here is a photo of mine.
It's Sally....my sweetie has Jack.

Sorry for the multi-copies of the photo of my MB....my computer was doing weird stuff. Sorry for not checking in this week....we had lots of company over the weekend and did our Thanksgiving on Sunday. I did okay food wise....but then overdid the next day. I'm at 0% this month but will come back strong for December. WE ARE LEAVING FOR DISNEY TOMORROW! I'm packing today and driving to my sweetheart tonight, as he is closest to airport. So, So excited for our trip. I've downloaded several books and Podcasts for the plane. Today is checking and double checking my lists...and making sure I have everything. Also.....COLORING MY HAIR PINK! So....until December.....EVERYONE BRAVE ON!

Week 2 Results...
giphy.gif

Great work everyone - we have some people that have achieved over 50% of their goal. WOW!

We still have two weeks left, so don't get discouraged. Use these next two weeks to step up your workouts and get to your goal!

@courtneybeth - 33%
@JacknSally - 100%
@DisPup75 - 0%
@flvy - 30%
@CruisingKate - 50%
@Flossbolna - 22%
@LindseyJo22 - 7%
@bigsis1970 - 25%
@pjlla - 0%
@ThistleMae - 0%
@summermom2 - 0%
@Lady Marie - 58%
@dvcmom14 - 40%
@DVCFan1994 - 37.5%
@mickeyfanachey1999 - 100%
@charlene130 - 0%
@meghammy - 0%
@ohMom - 0%
@talleyhopper - 0%
@Awholenewdisney - 20%
@MickeySP - 7%
@linzjane88 - 50%
@dsnyfn1022 - 50%

Question of the Day - November 17
giphy.gif

Some days you're Maurice. Some days you're Cogsworth. o_O
Let's talk... control.

Obviously the goal of a weight loss program is to take control of your life and not let food dictate your feelings or self worth. But it can be hard, especially during the holiday season when things seem tempting. You may be saying to yourself "Apple pie is made with apples, so that's fruit and it's healthy!" (spoiler alert: it's not!) Or when dining with friends or family and they tempt you to share a dessert or order a larger entre off a menu. Because, as they say, "You can work it off tomorrow" or "It's only one meal!" (spoiler alert: it's not!)

Our goal in this process is to be Maurice and let food be Cogsworth - we want to take control! We don't want food to be Maurice because ... well... you see Cogsworth's face and that doesn't look pleasant. :)

How do you take control of your food cravings?
What is your plan to get through the holidays with pushy family and/or friends?

Share any tips/tricks with others on how to not let tasty treats get the better of you!

Share any tips/tricks with others on how to not let tasty treats get the better of you!

My family knows that I'm following my WW points plan and they are supportive. I have a wicked sweet tooth - with everyone knowing I'm on plan, I won't eat tons of sweets in front of them. We'll be hosting Thanksgiving and a few other big dinners throughout the holidays. My weakness isn't at the event itself - it's the leftovers the next day. To combat this, I plan on giving away all dessert leftovers.

I love to bake- and to eat the batter! A tip I learned at WW is to chew gum while mixing so as to not sample the batter.

Hi friends! Working today at school and then of course WW tonight, so no time to chat..... but I wanted to at least be able to come here and say hello!! I'll update our Instagram list tonight! TTY soon!.............P

giphy.gif

Let's talk... control.

Obviously the goal of a weight loss program is to take control of your life and not let food dictate your feelings or self worth. But it can be hard, especially during the holiday season when things seem tempting. You may be saying to yourself "Apple pie is made with apples, so that's fruit and it's healthy!" (spoiler alert: it's not!) Or when dining with friends or family and they tempt you to share a dessert or order a larger entre off a menu. Because, as they say, "You can work it off tomorrow" or "It's only one meal!" (spoiler alert: it's not!)

Our goal in this process is to be Maurice and let food be Cogsworth - we want to take control! We don't want food to be Maurice because ... well... you see Cogsworth's face and that doesn't look pleasant. :)

Great topic! I'll be looking forward to catching up on the replies when I get back in December! One hour to go....and I'm off!

I decide ahead of time what it is I am hungry for, and where I truly am at for the day/week with my nutrition. If it is Saturday, and I've had a good week, and I feel like something sweet, I will pick one desert that looks good. I will not fall into old habits of "I'll try a little of each". During the holidays, I plan ahead for this by focusing on eating clean all week, so that I have a bit of room to indulge on the weekends. If I am more interested in appetizers on a particular night, then I will scope the choices and make sure I eat more of the healthy options, and just a few of the less healthy options.

I do not say I will work it off tomorrow or this week, because I know that life gets in the way, and I can never be sure what the next week holds and how it might affect my ability to work those extra calories off. If I have not earned it, then I know that, and try to be very careful of my choices.

I guess I am lucky that I do not have family or friends that are pushy.

giphy.gif

Let's talk... control.

I'm one of the unlucky ones with pushy family members. My mother-in-law doesn't quite grasp that I'm succeeding on WW and got a bit snooty with me when I told her that 1) yes, I am still on the program and 2) i can't eat anything that will be served. Taking control of my situation involves me making decisions that are best for myself. I cannot let others dictate my food choices or schedule.

Like others, I am a planner when it comes to food. Knowing how many points I have left and what point values are in relation to the remaining points alleviates any concerns about surprises / over eating.

I think just surrounding yourself with a support system and doing what is best for you will ultimately bring success. Or at least that is what i hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter