• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nickalodeon Hotel in Orlando-How is it?

Belleofthehouse

Mouseketeer
We are heading to Orlando in June/July 2013 and looking at the Nickalodeon Hotel. We will not be going to WDW :eek: instead planning to go to Seaworld and Universal. :banana:

Please let me know what your experience was if you have stayed there.

Thank you!:thumbsup2

We stayed 3 nights a few years ago, my younger dd's choice. She really enjoyed it and loved all the extra activites, which we did. We had the 2 bedroom kidsuite. I thought the LR was too crowded with the bed pulled, but we managed. I'm glad we did it once. If I recall correctly we checked in after spending a day at WDW and spent 2 full days at Nick hotel before checking in to a WDW hotel. There was plenty to keep us engaged. Loved the balloon man!

It is a very basic hotel (as far as rooms go) with lots of kids activities / play areas / waterparks.

The general consensus is that kids love it, adults not so much. The accomodations are a basic Holiday Inn at best...

I recall a few years back, many folks reviewing that hotel here in not the best light. It sounded like some people had not the best experiences with room cleanliness and service.

Things can change, so if I were you, I would check out tripadvisor (but I always take their reviews with a grain of salt).

I personally don't think it looks very nice, but that's just me.

We have stayed there twice. My boys enjoyed it and my hubby and I liked having the extra space. Not a bad way to spend a few days. The negative -the water in the slide area is very cold. That's the only negative I have.

My family has stayed numerous times a day or two before we begin our timeshare places. We always had a good time, my kids just loved it, and my Dh and I would chill after a long ride and have pina coladas by the pool while the kids swam for hours.The rooms always clean, never had any isssues there. We would normally on depart morning do the character buffet! We now timeshare and DVC so we no longer spend extra to stay there.

I think you should give it a try for 1 or 2 nights. We went here with our twin girls a couple of years ago and they loved it especially the slime. They didnt want to do anything but stay in the pool area. We didn't have any issues with cleanliness - yeah, its a holiday inn like place ...nothing wrong with that. it is for KIDS , about KIDs and caters to KIDS. It's noisy, a lot of junk food but it was fun. I dont think I would want to stay for a week but a few days is fine. M girls talk about their time at the Nickelodeon (and we were there just 2 days) more than they talk about their DisneyWorld stay (and they like Disney). So go and enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter