New theater comes to Walt Disney World

Unlike Hollywood Studios, it seems a lot of the announcements at D23 will have little guest impact because of where they are getting built.

Unlike Hollywood Studios, it seems a lot of the announcements at D23 will have little guest impact because of where they are getting built.
I was saying the same thing in another thread! A lot of the expansions are at the park outskirts. The Epcot spine is going to be a mess, though... :(

Yes but on a grander scale. This area is much larger and if like that concept art innoventions will be gone for good.

I was just going to ask you about the EPCOT concept art and not seeing Innoventions in it.
Do you think that Innoventions will be removed?

A reliable source has confirmed that it is going here:

That's a good location for it!

I was concerned about it replacing one of the existing Main Street buildings because, IMHO, it didn't really fit in with Main Street USA. It looks more like a big city theater to me.

Aladdin at DCA was really, really good. You would like it.

Although finding a good Genie is crucial.

I would be happy with either a new show or Aladdin from DCA (with updated costumes and sets to rival those of the Frozen replacement), I really miss Aladdin.

YEa they Aladdins how was great and is a classic. Wouldn't mind seeing it or something new like Tangled or Moana (both of them had great music).

I enjoyed the use of that bypass when we exited during fireworks time. This will be a great use of space and help traffic flow up/down that crowded main street and having a show building at MK? nice addition of an attraction. Live shows are great attractions and love the ones they've had at DHS and AK.

I really hope they have the queue area for whatever this show is inside the theater. This has the potential to be a really great area, but having 2000 people waiting outside for the next show 5 times a day would really hurt that. Not to mention waiting in the heat would be miserable.

I really hope they have the queue area for whatever this show is inside the theater. This has the potential to be a really great area, but having 2000 people waiting outside for the next show 5 times a day would really hurt that. Not to mention waiting in the heat would be miserable.
Hyperion at DCA is an outside queue. Not very pleasant. But maybe they will recognize that this is Florida.

Hyperion at DCA is an outside queue. Not very pleasant. But maybe they will recognize that this is Florida.

The Hyperion is what made me think of this. We had a FP and only showed up about 20 minutes early, but people lined up for more than an hour and it didn't even have cover. But WDW is generally much better about not having people wait outside.

So what are the chances all the construction starts on these projects this year?

The selfish part of me was looking forward to going at the end of October with barely any construction going on outside of DHS, at least compared back to when we went in 2014.

Now I'm afraid our photo theme will again be "walls". :rotfl:

Around this time last year, I was a huge whiner about the construction, specifically the road construction (I'm still whining about that), but for the first time I am actually welcoming the walls. These plans and changes have renewed my faith in the Disney brand and I cannot wait to see it. It will be like visiting brand new parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter