New theater comes to Walt Disney World

Where tho? Are they gutting townhall? They said off main street backstage area near hat shop?

I would assume that this would become a permenantly opened route then to divert traffic off of Main Street? Much needed if so.
yeah, i wouldn't have thought to build back there, but the backstage area is used to move people in/out during heavy crowds. This forces them to address backstage facades and provides that permanent entrance/exit off of main street.

It's been weird, this week I haven't seen the "back way" open near fireworks time.

A reliable source has confirmed that it is going here:

View attachment 253323

That's a great use of space. Hopefully they don't do anything to change Center Street. I love that area. On my last trip I really enjoyed sitting quietly there in the morning with my coffee and listening to a doctor on his smartphone at the table next to me swear at a nurse in his apparent attempt to save a man's life.

Can't wait to see what show Disney puts there. I have often thought that the MK could use an indoor live theater venue. I love Disney live shows, and they create a nice, air conditioned place for a large number of people to be entertained.

Based on the concept drawing ...the left side looks a lot like the Main Street bypass gate

Attachments

• nhdersr45.jpg
    nhdersr45.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 135
I think it's so cool that it's based on an old theater in Kansas City because that's where I live! Would be cooler if it was a theater that's still standing, so I could check it out. But I still like it!

That's a great use of space. Hopefully they don't do anything to change Center Street. I love that area. On my last trip I really enjoyed sitting quietly there in the morning with my coffee and listening to a doctor on his smartphone at the table next to me swear at a nurse in his apparent attempt to save a man's life.

Can't wait to see what show Disney puts there. I have often thought that the MK could use an indoor live theater venue. I love Disney live shows, and they create a nice, air conditioned place for a large number of people to be entertained.

Some people have suggested that they could open up the end of Center street to provide better access to the theater. Yes, it would ruin that quiet area, but it would make sense to do this.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...oms-town-square-theater-to-get-an-update/amp/

Not sure how accurate, but this site listed it as the Town Square Theater getting a new look.

I'm sure Mickey & Tinker Bell can go in another location, but I liked the old one.

Hopefully new one will be cool. Too bad they couldn't put it somewhere else!
They already updated this to say they think it will be a new building and not a redo of town square theatre--

Maybe it will have rotating shows like the one at DHS.... or blue man group.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter