*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

Hey ddluvsdisney,:wave2:
Yeah we have been to PH the last time, and I know its not what most would choose but I couldn't get into BOG and I couldn't afford CRT. We are mostly only going to any of these places for the atmosphere. I am trying to be optimistic about the food and service...lol
Hey Colonelhathi,:wave2:
When is your anniversary?..we were hoping to do the fantasmic on the 27th..that is awesome!
I have been reading that doing MNSSHP and MK on same day is going to be rough but we are slow...lol
DH seems to think he wants to see the F&W so I hope I don't regret that...
Thanks for you input
Hope you both have a great time:thumbsup2

So excited, we arrive Oct 30th and depart Nov. 4th. Staying at the Contemporary in the tower for the 1st time:cloud9:

Oct30-Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Oct31-Epcot F&WF (no meals planed will snack around the world)
Nov 1-Crystal Place, BBB, CRT, and MNSSHP
Nov2-Undecided at HS or AK
Nov3-Undecided between HS or AK
Nov4-MME back to the airportin the morning:sad1:

DMe ::MinnieMo DH ::MickeyMo DD3 princess: DD21 :flower3: DD21's Boyfriend :joker:

Anyone else obsessively looking at dinning reservations? :rotfl2: I am checking the site multiple times a day because I want to tweak a couple of things. I am sure more stuff will open up, when it gets closer to October, but I want to reserve stuff now! LOL

Yes I am constantly looking so I can decide on plans for Saturday and Sunday. We don't which day we want to do AK and which to do HS:confused: Regardless I know we will have a blast I just want everything finalized.DMe ::MinnieMo DH ::MickeyMo DD3 princess: DD21 :flower3: DD21's Boyfriend :joker:

Just sent a request to join the FB group. I'm so excited for this trip! I still can't believe it will be just me and my husband. Eeeeek! :cool1:

Kimberly1969 said:
Hey ddluvsdisney,:wave2:
Yeah we have been to PH the last time, and I know its not what most would choose but I couldn't get into BOG and I couldn't afford CRT. We are mostly only going to any of these places for the atmosphere. I am trying to be optimistic about the food and service...lol
Hey Colonelhathi,:wave2:
When is your anniversary?..we were hoping to do the fantasmic on the 27th..that is awesome!
I have been reading that doing MNSSHP and MK on same day is going to be rough but we are slow...lol
DH seems to think he wants to see the F&W so I hope I don't regret that...
Thanks for you input
Hope you both have a great time:thumbsup2

Our Anniversary was in July, but no way were we going in July!  We're taking the kiddos too (their 1st trip)
We're doing F! on the 19th, looking forward to that too!
I wanted more MK, so it was a pretty easy decision to add it to 10/24 when we got PL for DS at 3:30. I think it's also EMH AM that day too, so the extra 3-4 hours + a midday break IS worth it for us IMO. Plus it gives us a good opportunity to just slow down, hit the Jungle Cruise 1st (((home))), and the "tour" on our 2nd full MK day later that week. I know others prefer to hit another park in the AM, and still other just make it a pool day. We have that for 10/25 - recovery day.

We (shhh...) might be canceling our primo BOG ADR for 10/26, stay tuned around the 45 day mark. We did not get FD, and also have CP pre-park 10/26, so we might just hit BOG for lunch...
F&W looks like so much fun. Never been in October, so we're pretty excited about that too!

Anyone else obsessively looking at dinning reservations? :rotfl2: I am checking the site multiple times a day because I want to tweak a couple of things. I am sure more stuff will open up, when it gets closer to October, but I want to reserve stuff now! LOL

Yes, checking for a table at Chef Mickey's. We just recently switched a portion of our trip to the Contemporary. Seems a shame to stay there and not eat at CM's at least one time. However the only time I was able to reserve is at 9:00 PM so I'm checking on-line multiple times per day to try to find an earlier time.

I check two to three times of day. I know...crazy right? Just to see if I am missing something. I changed two ADRS just yesterday. Always changing.

So excited, we arrive Oct 30th and depart Nov. 4th. Staying at the Contemporary in the tower for the 1st time:cloud9:

Oct30-Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Oct31-Epcot F&WF (no meals planed will snack around the world)
Nov 1-Crystal Place, BBB, CRT, and MNSSHP
Nov2-Undecided at HS or AK
Nov3-Undecided between HS or AK
Nov4-MME back to the airportin the morning:sad1:

DMe ::MinnieMo DH ::MickeyMo DD3 princess: DD21 :flower3: DD21's Boyfriend :joker:

:welcome: I added your resort information the our list on page one. If you want me to add the ADRS can you give a breakfast, lunch, dinner for each or a specific time? Makes it much easier to keep the list updated. Thanks. If you don't want them listed, no worries.

Hollywood Studios hours question: HS seems to close at 6 a whole lotta nights in October. Is that typical that time of year? Will the hours change when we get closer?

Hollywood Studios hours question: HS seems to close at 6 a whole lotta nights in October. Is that typical that time of year? Will the hours change when we get closer?

I just checked the park hours for your time period. It seems some nights DHS closes at 6 and other nights 8. Sometimes a month out hours do change though. Just keep looking at the hours. I linked them to the first page so it's easier to keep up with during the next two months.

While we are there they close at 7:30. I expect maybe it might change to 8, but that is usually the latest during that time of year.

Hello, fellow October DISers! :cheer2:

Who? Me, DH, DS8, DS9, DUncle in 1 cabin, MIL, SIL, BIL, DNephew12, DNephew13 in cabin 2!

Where? Ft Wilderness Cabins

When? Oct 19-26.

We've got ADRs booked, but my list is at home, so I'll add that a little later! :goodvibes

Hello, fellow October DISers! :cheer2:

Who? Me, DH, DS8, DS9, DUncle in 1 cabin, MIL, SIL, BIL, DNephew12, DNephew13 in cabin 2!

Where? Ft Wilderness Cabins

When? Oct 19-26.

We've got ADRs booked, but my list is at home, so I'll add that a little later! :goodvibes

:welcome: I added you to the list on page one.

Changes (Yippee)

CSR 10/18-10/25
POR 10/25-10/27

10/19 - F! Dining package @ Mama Melrose's moved to 1:25 pm

The Cake Boss will be doing a demo while we are down there!!! I love the show and enjoy watching him on other cooking shows.

Now for the hard decision....

We've got our days set our dining plans made and Buddy is there the day before our Epcot day.

Up till now I've been saving the 14th for Animal Kingdom day because it's our actual anniversary and since Animal Kingdom closes so early we can have a full park day and still enjoy a nice evening back at the resort.

Now to decide if Buddy is worth the switch. (We won't be using park hoppers.) What would you do

The Cake Boss will be doing a demo while we are down there!!! I love the show and enjoy watching him on other cooking shows.

Now for the hard decision....

We've got our days set our dining plans made and Buddy is there the day before our Epcot day.

Up till now I've been saving the 14th for Animal Kingdom day because it's our actual anniversary and since Animal Kingdom closes so early we can have a full park day and still enjoy a nice evening back at the resort.

Now to decide if Buddy is worth the switch. (We won't be using park hoppers.) What would you do

Is Buddy going to be there Sun. The 14th? My DS will be psyched!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Is Buddy going to be there Sun. The 14th? My DS will be psyched!!

According to the Disney Food Blog He's there Monday the 14th at 1. DH and I think we are going to go ahead and skip. Wish he would be there just one day later!

According to the Disney Food Blog He's there Monday the 14th at 1. DH and I think we are going to go ahead and skip. Wish he would be there just one day later!

Have you seen him in the past? This is our first time doing F &W. when I looked on the food blog, there was a charge of $99 to see him do a presentation. Is that the only way to see him?

Have you seen him in the past? This is our first time doing F &W. when I looked on the food blog, there was a charge of $99 to see him do a presentation. Is that the only way to see him?

I was just on the food&wine thread and saw the price of reg. seminars- $14. Much better than $99!!
I was originally looking at special events.
Not sure if I'm doing yet. But TiW booking opened today so I need to decide quick b/ c it will sell out.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No I haven't seen him before. This will be our first F&W as well. Not to mention 1st time back in 10 & 1/2 years for me and 12+ for DH.

DH isn't really a fan of Buddy and would only really be going for me so we decided its just not worth it to switch our days around. Though it is very tempting. In the in end, for us it came down to wanting a quiet night back at the resort and a proper balance for our park days. Also the list seems to indicate that it isn't a cake demo which cuts down on its value for me. Our goal for the trip is some rest and relaxed fun. I'm sure there will always be a next time.

Good luck getting the tickets though! And apparently we'll be down there about the same time. Who knows maybe we'll cross paths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter