*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

Recevied my magic bands yesterday!! They are SO cool looking!!! Still waiting on Mickey Mail from my TA....26 days to go....I cannot hold my excitement any longer...I want to tell my daughter...but knowing when I tell her a week before is going to be SO much better!!! :)

yay for surprises!

Recevied my magic bands yesterday!! They are SO cool looking!!! Still waiting on Mickey Mail from my TA....26 days to go....I cannot hold my excitement any longer...I want to tell my daughter...but knowing when I tell her a week before is going to be SO much better!!! :)

yay for surprises!

When I was seven my father and stepmother surprised me with a trip to Disney. I hadn't even heard of Disney World. They kept it a secret even as we were packing suitcases and walking out the door to the airport. All I knew was we were going on a plane. On the way to the airport my stepmother accidentally said something about "when we get to Florida" so then I was like, "Florida, we're going to Florida, she said Florida!" I had never been to Florida and was so excited! :cool1: Back then it was only MK and there were the paper tickets for all the attractions, etc. When I look at the old pics the parade floats were so primitive. They have come a longggg way!

Argh! While starting to map out our 1/2 MK morning, the planning website I was using listed the MK Railroad as closed through November. Not good, not good. Disney doesn't show a schedule at all though, and doesn't list it as under refurbishment like PPF. I am hoping they stick with the 10/20 re-opening date for the bridge repairs... DS would be SO bummed out if he couldn't ride the train on his first WDW trip. :faint:

yay for surprises!

Wow, you are strong! :thumbsup2 Don't think I could keep the secret that long; I love giving people surprises. I think it's better than being given a surprise! :)

yay for surprises!

Keeping the secret is so hard but so worth it!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We leave in 17 days for our VERY FIRST DISNEY TRIP!!!! Our daughter is 9 1/2 and our son is 7 1/2 and they have NO CLUE this is happening! I've been keeping this secret since I booked back in February! As the trip gets closer, it's getting harder and harder to not slip!!!! LOL :ssst:

Anyway, we have been throwing around ideas on how we are going to surprise them for a while now. I'd LOVE to hear your suggestions! This is what we know: Our kids will get up and go to school like normal that Friday morning (their last day of school before Fall Break). We will be picking them up early and the van will be packed and ready to hit the road (we are driving). Now, we never pick the kids up from school so that in itself will make them go, "Umm....what's up? Why are we leaving school early?" Just an FYI.....our kids go to two different schools, so nothing can happen until we get them BOTH picked up and into the van. :)

I'm SO EXCITED!!! My kids LOVE surprises and a 7 night/8 day trip to Disney World is just the ULTIMATE thing to surprise them with!!! :hyper:

Looking forward to hearing your ideas and what others have done! :idea:

We leave in 17 days for our VERY FIRST DISNEY TRIP!!!! Our daughter is 9 1/2 and our son is 7 1/2 and they have NO CLUE this is happening! I've been keeping this secret since I booked back in February! As the trip gets closer, it's getting harder and harder to not slip!!!! LOL :ssst:

Anyway, we have been throwing around ideas on how we are going to surprise them for a while now. I'd LOVE to hear your suggestions! This is what we know: Our kids will get up and go to school like normal that Friday morning (their last day of school before Fall Break). We will be picking them up early and the van will be packed and ready to hit the road (we are driving). Now, we never pick the kids up from school so that in itself will make them go, "Umm....what's up? Why are we leaving school early?" Just an FYI.....our kids go to two different schools, so nothing can happen until we get them BOTH picked up and into the van. :)

I'm SO EXCITED!!! My kids LOVE surprises and a 7 night/8 day trip to Disney World is just the ULTIMATE thing to surprise them with!!! :hyper:

I heard of someone doing this last year and they told the kids they were being picked up because they had dentist appointments or something.

Wow, you are strong! :thumbsup2 Don't think I could keep the secret that long; I love giving people surprises. I think it's better than being given a surprise! :)

Thanks! It has been SO hard...but I knew if I told her she would be asking every day "how many more days"

Keeping the secret is so hard but so worth it!!

I cannot wait!! She is going to freak out!!!

When I was seven my father and stepmother surprised me with a trip to Disney. I hadn't even heard of Disney World. They kept it a secret even as we were packing suitcases and walking out the door to the airport. All I knew was we were going on a plane. On the way to the airport my stepmother accidentally said something about "when we get to Florida" so then I was like, "Florida, we're going to Florida, she said Florida!" I had never been to Florida and was so excited! :cool1: Back then it was only MK and there were the paper tickets for all the attractions, etc. When I look at the old pics the parade floats were so primitive. They have come a longggg way!

I wanted to do that surprise for my daughter!! But I am doing it a week before we go before her birthday party. That way when she receives Disney gift cards she will know what its for. Plus, she has been asking to go to NC (her uncle, my BIL) is a Marine stationed in NC. We went to NC last year for her bday to see him and my sister...however, this year he is deployed overseas. She really misses her uncle and keeps asking to go to NC (forgetting he is deployed)...I would HATE to go to the airport and her think we are going to NC. I know she would be excited about Disney, but would still be upset thinking she would see her uncle. Therefore I would rather tell her beforehand instead of getting her hopes up!

I am surprising my daughter a week before we go. She will wake up with an envelope letting her know there is a scavenger hunt to find her birthday surprise. Each hint will have a gift attached (flip flops, sunglasses, word searches for the plane, and a small misting fan). Then her last clue will ask where she gets her pictures done (we have a professional photographer we go to atleast 3 times a year). We will then go to the photo studio where she will find a box (large box that is smaller than her height but still big). Then, when she opens the box, balloons will come out along with a note that says "Pack your bags, your going to Disney World with Mom and Titi". My photographer is going to capture everything in pictures while I take a video! I will have to post a picture once I can :) She is going to be SO excited!!!

I am surprising my daughter a week before we go. She will wake up with an envelope letting her know there is a scavenger hunt to find her birthday surprise. Each hint will have a gift attached (flip flops, sunglasses, word searches for the plane, and a small misting fan). Then her last clue will ask where she gets her pictures done (we have a professional photographer we go to atleast 3 times a year). We will then go to the photo studio where she will find a box (large box that is smaller than her height but still big). Then, when she opens the box, balloons will come out along with a note that says "Pack your bags, your going to Disney World with Mom and Titi". My photographer is going to capture everything in pictures while I take a video! I will have to post a picture once I can :) She is going to be SO excited!!!

OMG that sounds so awesome!!

Oh my goodness!!! That is the COOLEST idea!!! How wonderful that you're going to have those professional pictures of that moment!!!! You will DEFINITELY have to post at least one of them on here, or send me one through PM! =0) I would love to see that reaction!

Thanks! It has been SO hard...but I knew if I told her she would be asking every day "how many more days"

I wanted to do that surprise for my daughter!! But I am doing it a week before we go before her birthday party. That way when she receives Disney gift cards she will know what its for. Plus, she has been asking to go to NC (her uncle, my BIL) is a Marine stationed in NC. We went to NC last year for her bday to see him and my sister...however, this year he is deployed overseas. She really misses her uncle and keeps asking to go to NC (forgetting he is deployed)...I would HATE to go to the airport and her think we are going to NC. I know she would be excited about Disney, but would still be upset thinking she would see her uncle. Therefore I would rather tell her beforehand instead of getting her hopes up!

That is so sweet! Your daughter sounds like a nice, loving, kind young lady! I hope you two have a wonderful vacation! :goodvibes

Wow! What a creative way to surprise her. The pictures will be incredible! Although, if someone did this to me, it would be pictures of me crying!

We surprised our boys for their b-day in 2007. It wasn't as elaborate at some, but they got up for school as usual.

My parents and sister's family were joining us so when they started showing up at the house early in the morning they didn't know what was going on. They opened a gift and cards with their Disney tickets in them and told them we were leaving soon. The look on their faces was truly priceless!!

I hope you all have fun surprising you kids!! It's the ultimate surprise.

Wow! What a creative way to surprise her. The pictures will be incredible! Although, if someone did this to me, it would be pictures of me crying!

Thanks, I am SURE I will be crying when she opens up the box! She has been asking for MONTHS to go to Disney (the Disney channel does a great job advertising WDW LOL) and each time I tell her no, it is too expensive. So she will have NO idea

That is so sweet! Your daughter sounds like a nice, loving, kind young lady! I hope you two have a wonderful vacation! :goodvibes
Thank you, I really do...I really wish I could get her uncle home...but as most of you know...its unrealistic....but that would be my dream for him to magically appear at WDW and surprise my daughter and his wife (my sister). Ah dreams LOL

Oh my goodness!!! That is the COOLEST idea!!! How wonderful that you're going to have those professional pictures of that moment!!!! You will DEFINITELY have to post at least one of them on here, or send me one through PM! =0) I would love to see that reaction!

I will def be sharing a picture on here! Don't you worry!! I wanted to make sure I had the moment captured on film (or digital nowadays) because I knew I was going to videotape the whole thing! So I thought what better way than professional pictures. My photographer jumped at the opportunity...she LOVES Disney! 19 days till I tell her LOL....so I will be posting a picture most likely a week before we go!

OMG that sounds so awesome!!

We surprised our boys for their b-day in 2007. It wasn't as elaborate at some, but they got up for school as usual.

My parents and sister's family were joining us so when they started showing up at the house early in the morning they didn't know what was going on. They opened a gift and cards with their Disney tickets in them and told them we were leaving soon. The look on their faces was truly priceless!!

I hope you all have fun surprising you kids!! It's the ultimate surprise.

That is awesome!! Priceless faces are the best!!!

Got our Magic Bands in the mail today! So exciting! Love Mickey Mail. :cool1:

I will update the lists after my chauffeur duties tonight. :goodvibes

Changes.......at 3 weeks out, I secured CRT & BOG this morning!!!!!

Meals: 10/10: 10:10am CRT
10/10: 4:00pm BOG
10/11: 9:15am Tusker House
10/11: 4:10pm 50's PT
10/12: 9:30am Kona

We got Magic Bands for our stay at AS-Sp and have the option of doing FP+ but can't do them because our son is signing us in at the gates (he's a CM) and so we don't have tickets to link to our account. We're excited anyways!!!

When I surprised my Sister with a February Trip I told her by putting a bunch of Disney Dollars in her Birthday card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter