New - MS now require address of guests for guest ressie

UM... while I know of no other hotel chain that does this. ALL of the Disney hotels do this so.....

I am not displeased. (Why do I think those that are displeased didn't have "guests" but customers?)

I'm darn sure displeased, and I've NEVER RENTED OUT A SINGLE POINT!

I have guests coming and going. Guess I just won't tell WDW!

I'm darn sure displeased, and I've NEVER RENTED OUT A SINGLE POINT!

I have guests coming and going. Guess I just won't tell WDW!

If your guests are driving to the property, taking DME, or planning to use EMH Disney will need to know.

UM... while I know of no other hotel chain that does this. ALL of the Disney hotels do this so.....

I am not displeased. (Why do I think those that are displeased didn't have "guests" but customers?)

I totally agree and am not displeased either. And I don't think there will be that many people selling their DVC and if they do better for us and Disney!!!! Its about time they did this. :goodvibes

I totally agree and am not displeased either. And I don't think there will be that many people selling their DVC and if they do better for us and Disney!!!! Its about time they did this. :goodvibes

Why does BIG BROTHER need to know who is in my room? It's despicable.

Remember. this policy isn't only for DVC, it is WDW resort wide. Some suspect is a Homeland Security recommendation (perhaps), but I think they are trying to integrate their system for DME and different arrivals. For instance, if the room is reserved by "Peggy Sue Doe" and she invited her friend "Tina Smith" along, and Ms. Smith arrives on a different flight, and if there are 15 Tina Smiths arriving that day how will the luggage handlers know which resort and room Ms. Smith's luggage goes to if they can't cross reference the address and phone in the WDW computer system?

Last September we had a studio and a 2BR for 10 people - that was for 5 separate addresses from 4 states- I wonder how this will continue with the time required to type all that in by the CM with each reservation like mine. I wonder if this isn't a try at more marketing oportunities. They will now have more names and addresses to send stuff to. They already have a great deal of info in their files. When I modified a reservation for the NYE period and added my granddaughter's name something happened that wiped out my name and put her in with an age of 63 (my age) she's 20. The CM finally just left it that way she said. I thought they only asked for children's ages. When I made the bounce back reservation for Sept. the reservationist started calling up all the names from our September DVC visit of last year which I had to modify as not everyone is going this year.

Remember. this policy isn't only for DVC, it is WDW resort wide. Some suspect is a Homeland Security recommendation (perhaps), but I think they are trying to integrate their system for DME and different arrivals. For instance, if the room is reserved by "Peggy Sue Doe" and she invited her friend "Tina Smith" along, and Ms. Smith arrives on a different flight, and if there are 15 Tina Smiths arriving that day how will the luggage handlers know which resort and room Ms. Smith's luggage goes to if they can't cross reference the address and phone in the WDW computer system?

Since the majority of my guests come from Florida, it's not an issue for me.

And certainly, if you WANT Disney services, then you should pony up the name.

But WDW doesn't need the address of everyone who is staying with me at my "Home Away from Home."

Don't give my mortgage company that info, so why should I give Disney that info?

Last September we had a studio and a 2BR for 10 people - that was for 5 separate addresses from 4 states- I wonder how this will continue with the time required to type all that in by the CM with each reservation like mine. I wonder if this isn't a try at more marketing oportunities. They will now have more names and addresses to send stuff to. They already have a great deal of info in their files. When I modified a reservation for the NYE period and added my granddaughter's name something happened that wiped out my name and put her in with an age of 63 (my age) she's 20. The CM finally just left it that way she said. I thought they only asked for children's ages. When I made the bounce back reservation for Sept. the reservationist started calling up all the names from our September DVC visit of last year which I had to modify as not everyone is going this year.

Totally Big Brother.

During my two most recent calls to MS I was asked for the names/addresses of occupants of the room and given the explaination:
1st call) for DME
2nd call) to expedite check-in

Haven't read through this whole thread but wonder if the info. is really a way to generate more interest in DVC (ie: sending postcards, etc) than the "Big Brother" scenario.

During my two most recent calls to MS I was asked for the names/addresses of occupants of the room and given the explaination:
1st call) for DME

Haven't read through this whole thread but wonder if the info. is really a way to generate more interest in DVC (ie: sending postcards, etc) than the "Big Brother" scenario.

To me, it's the same darn thing. They are just trying to build a data base of names.

Venting on this Board may be nice, but I would highly recommend that everyone write a short letter to Disney.

Sometimes, if people are vexed enough AND vocal enough, Disney will do something about it.

I think that their present policy is extra-ordinarily invasive and intrusive.

At the very least, send an email through the DVC member website telling them of your displeasure!!

PS. Does anybody really believe the BS that disney is giving as to Why? We have a saying in New Jersey...you can pee on my head but don't try to convince me that it is just raining!!

Venting
PS. Does anybody really believe the BS that disney is giving as to Why? We have a saying in New Jersey...you can pee on my head but don't try to convince me that it is just raining!!

Well, I certainly see it being to their advantage for tracking DME luggage.

Venting on this Board may be nice, but I would highly recommend that everyone write a short letter to Disney.

Sometimes, if people are vexed enough AND vocal enough, Disney will do something about it.

I think that their present policy is extra-ordinarily invasive and intrusive.

At the very least, send an email through the DVC member website telling them of your displeasure!!

Good idea, and great saying!

Some people are so gullible.

And some people are a little too suspicious.

I really don't have a problem with Disney knowing who is occupying the room.

Boy, I've never seen so much ado about nothing. And with the conspiracy theories.......whoosh. Hey, what's your take on the second gunman on the grassy knoll? ;)

Why? Well, for a lot of reasons. Before we delve into those, I believe Disney has previously required, for quite some time, info on the party size, including names of guests occupying the rooms and the ages of any children. Also, as for the address requirement....you are only required to provide the addresss of the person whose name the reservation is in, not every individual in the room. Oh, and should you need to make changes or add or subtract people from the party you can do that. So how much has really changed? Not all that much but there is an effect on DVC members reserving rooms for other, but it really is negligable unless someone is involved in shady "commercial" dealings :eek: ;).

But as for those reasons.........

Party size and Names:

Disney needs to know party size and ages for occupancy purposes and issuance of resort ID's. Remember, we are talking about more than a room key here. We're talking ID for EMH and means of room charging. Those Keys to the World are used to open more than just a room door, so Disney needs this info. But again, they have required it for quite a while. Honestly, they've maintained detailed info on us all for quite some time. They've known the names and ages of my kids from since they were born....ok, since their first trip after they were born. Heck, Disney reservations agents often comment on how many times (30+ seperate reservations) we've stayed at Disney.....and that is based only on the WDW Resorts reservations we had booked through 2002, our DVC stays since then not included. Oh, BIG BROTHER has been gathering info for quite a while :hippie:.

As for DVC members renting and providing guests names......we've had to do that for a long time as well. Always, as a matter of fact. Our guests can't check in unless their name is on the reservation. Sure, they ask for that info up front now when they didn't require it in the past, but we always had to provide the info at some point. So, unless someone is making "blind" reservations just to hold a date for future rental what's the big deal?

Addresses:

As it relates to guests of DVC members, whoever said they won't receive anything in the mail is wrong. Disney sends DME luggage tags directly to the travelling party, even if they are guests staying on a DVC member's points. To be honest, I think DME is driving a lot of the address requirement. And again, you only HAVE to provide one address on a reservation, the address of the primary person whose name the reservation is in. So, if you are in a grand villa with a dozen different people from 4 different addresses and YOU are staying with them, the only address that HAS to be on the reservation will be YOURS. Not yours and grandpa Joe's and Auntie M's and and and. Sure, for DME purposes you may WANT to give them such info, but you don't have to.

Honestly, I don't think that much has really changed except for some of the timing, and as someone else stated......there are still ways to get around the "new" requirements if one feels they must.

Perhaps this a way to cut down on speculative renting of prime dates. I recall reading that you could not put your own name on mulitple reservations, since you can't be in two rooms at once. This would prohibit those who reserve 10 studios during Christmas week with plans to rent them out. Although you could use fictious names/addresses, if you are a suspected commercial renter it would make it more obvious and easier for them to track.

On the other hand, maybe they just want to send AKL promo material to our guests! :)

Boy, I've never seen so much ado about nothing. And with the conspiracy theories.......whoosh. Hey, what's your take on the second gunman on the grassy knoll? ;)

Why? Well, for a lot of reasons. Before we delve into those, I believe Disney has previously required, for quite some time, info on the party size, including names of guests occupying the rooms and the ages of any children. Also, as for the address requirement....you are only required to provide the addresss of the person whose name the reservation is in, not every individual in the room. Oh, and should you need to make changes or add or subtract people from the party you can do that. So how much has really changed? Not all that much but there is an effect on DVC members reserving rooms for other, but it really is negligable unless someone is involved in shady "commercial" dealings :eek: ;).

But as for those reasons.........

Party size and Names:

Disney needs to know party size and ages for occupancy purposes and issuance of resort ID's. Remember, we are talking about more than a room key here. We're talking ID for EMH and means of room charging. Those Keys to the World are used to open more than just a room door, so Disney needs this info. But again, they have required it for quite a while. Honestly, they've maintained detailed info on us all for quite some time. They've known the names and ages of my kids from since they were born....ok, since their first trip after they were born. Heck, Disney reservations agents often comment on how many times (30+ seperate reservations) we've stayed at Disney.....and that is based only on the WDW Resorts reservations we had booked through 2002, our DVC stays since then not included. Oh, BIG BROTHER has been gathering info for quite a while :hippie:.

As for DVC members renting and providing guests names......we've had to do that for a long time as well. Always, as a matter of fact. Our guests can't check in unless their name is on the reservation. Sure, they ask for that info up front now when they didn't require it in the past, but we always had to provide the info at some point. So, unless someone is making "blind" reservations just to hold a date for future rental what's the big deal?

Addresses:

As it relates to guests of DVC members, whoever said they won't receive anything in the mail is wrong. Disney sends DME luggage tags directly to the travelling party, even if they are guests staying on a DVC member's points. To be honest, I think DME is driving a lot of the address requirement. And again, you only HAVE to provide one address on a reservation, the address of the primary person whose name the reservation is in. So, if you are in a grand villa with a dozen different people from 4 different addresses and YOU are staying with them, the only address that HAS to be on the reservation will be YOURS. Not yours and grandpa Joe's and Auntie M's and and and. Sure, for DME purposes you may WANT to give them such info, but you don't have to.

Honestly, I don't think that much has really changed except for some of the timing, and as someone else stated......there are still ways to get around the "new" requirements if one feels they must.

When we go to WDW, we routinely have two or three different set of guests. After the first set, they just give the parking pass and the resort ids to the next set, so WDW never knows.

1st call) for DME
....and you know this to be false because?
We have a saying in New Jersey...you can pee on my head but don't try to convince me that it is just raining!!
And I've got another. If it looks like shi.........ah, maybe instead of looking, smelling an tasting like something I better use this version. If it looks like a duck.....and walks like a duck......and quacks like a duck.........well, maybe IT'S A DUCK!!

News flash. Disney sends DME luggage tags directly to the travelling party. YES, even guests staying on a DVC member's points. You have guests staying on your points and they want to use DME you have to give them this info.

News flash. If you have a guests staying on your points, without you, and their name isn't on the reservation they are gonna find themselves sleeping in the cold. We've always had to provide guests info and they DO need it for check in.

Sure, if you have people from four different addresses staying in the same villa I'm sure Disney would love all four addresses for marketing purposes, but for reservation purposes you give them the address of the person or persons whose name the reservation is in. That is enough for them to take the reservation. If you give them additional guests with different last names perhaps they'll ask if there is a different address.....or maybe not.....but if you like just tell them "same address".

IMHO, I think people are making this way too complicated and turning it into something it's not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter