New - MS now require address of guests for guest ressie

....and you know this to be false because?

jodifla says so! (Sorry Jodi...couldn't resist. :goodvibes )

Seriously, where did I claim it was false? I don't doubt any of the reasons given, but do feel they might be killing two birds with one stone. And, as I stated in the next post -- don't have a problem with it.

When we go to WDW, we routinely have two or three different set of guests. After the first set, they just give the parking pass and the resort ids to the next set, so WDW never knows.
Never knows what? Not sure what you are saying. They better know the names and ages, otherwise they won't get ID's. Are you saying that one person checks the group in (I'm assuming all staying in the same villa) and then distributes parking passes and resort ID's to the rest of the group? If so, I don't believe any of that has really changed.

jodifla says so! (Sorry Jodi...couldn't resist. :goodvibes )

Seriously, where did I claim it was false? I don't doubt any of the reasons given, but do feel they might be killing two birds with one stone. And, as I stated in the next post -- don't have a problem with it.
Sorry, you just gave me a good lead in and mine was an open ended question for all those people who seem to be doubting the need for Dinsey to get the info and the reasons given. I realize that doesn't include you specifically ;).

I belive what she is saying is they might check into the resort with four to six people, but after a couple of days, some of them will leave and be replaced with new family members, etc. The people leaving just give their resort I.D./room key to the next group showing up...but they are all still on the same reservation.

I belive what she is saying is they might check into the resort with four to six people, but after a couple of days, some of them will leave and be replaced with new family members, etc. The people leaving just give their resort I.D./room key to the next group showing up...but they are all still on the same reservation.
Ok, that makes sense. But again, I don't see how the "changes" that people are upset about will change any of that. In the past they made a reservation for 8 people in a 2 Br villa, gave names and ages of the original 8, an address for the person whose name the reservation was put under, and then moved a couple different bodies in and out. They will do nothing different now. Heck, if they tried to give them 12 different names on a 2 Br reservation they wouldn't get the reservation. If they tried to explain about the differing sets of people they'd probably be told to advise the front desk of those changes when they occur during the stay.......but of course they wouldn't have to, or nobody would know if they didn't. So where is the big change? I guess I'm just not seeing it.

I am not sure what the issue is here.

Hey if they want names and drivers licenses of the people in the room they can have it as far as I am concerned.

I have never rented (well may that is a lie) I gave some of our points to my sis in law for $5.00 a point because we were not going to use them. this was almost 2 years ago and I think I remember giving WDW their names as we didn't go on the trip.

As it relates to guests of DVC members, whoever said they won't receive anything in the mail is wrong. Disney sends DME luggage tags directly to the travelling party, even if they are guests staying on a DVC member's points.

I said it, and I did not request DME for the guest reservation so in my situation, my guests would not be mailed anything. Not everyone uses or needs DME.
So I guess we are both wrong.:confused:

Maybe they want to know who to go after when the room is trashed or not vacated timely.

jodifla: Do you get the dining plan when you go to WDW? It's not transferrable, you know.

Also, should the horrible thing of a fire occur, they would have the names, ages, addresses of the deceased if needed.

I don't have a problem giving Disney the info on the people who stay in my villa. Most likely its just me, my husband and my son.

Maybe they want to know who to go after when the room is trashed or not vacated timely.

jodifla: Do you get the dining plan when you go to WDW? It's not transferrable, you know.

Also, should the horrible thing of a fire occur, they would have the names, ages, addresses of the deceased if needed.

I don't have a problem giving Disney the info on the people who stay in my villa. Most likely its just me, my husband and my son.

OK, I'm a bit confused. I read the news in the vacation update to mean that EVERYONE would have to give their address if they are staying in a room, not just the lead person.

Still, there are times I reserve two rooms in advance, and I'm not sure who the second folks joining us will be. So I still don't like the new rule.

Deb & Bill: If you ever check out the restaurant board, you'll know pretty quickly that I think the DDP is causing the downfall of civilization (or at least Disney dining) and i'd never order it.

But yes, we have revolving people in our rooms all the time. When one heads out of town, they just hand over the keys and parking pass to the next folks who are staying with us.

Jodi...You were correct with your original assumption: MS wants the name/address of everyone occupying the room, not just the person whose name the reservation is under.

Jodi...You were correct with your original assumption: MS wants the name/address of everyone occupying the room, not just the person whose name the reservation is under.

OK, I'm back to my original statement: BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm a bit confused. I read the news in the vacation update to mean that EVERYONE would have to give their address if they are staying in a room, not just the lead person.
But technically the "lead person" is the Guest you are making the reservation for. There may be other people in that guest's party, for which you will have to provide names and the ages of children, but the Guest you are making the reservation for is the "lead person" whose address you must provide. And this only applies when a member is making a reservation for someone other than themselves. At least that is how I read it. Plus, Just today I made a reservation for a guest. 5 adults in a 2 Br. I gave the name of the person for whom I was making the reservation (we'll call him John Doe) and I had to provide his address. There are 4 other adults in the party. I had to provide their names. There was no requirement that I provide an address for any of these other members of my Guest's party.

If you make a reservation for yourself and you have people other than yourself in the party I don't believe you'll have to provide addresses for every one of those people. This "change" should have no effect on reservations you make for yourself. It doesn't say you have to provide addresses for every occupant of the room, just the address of the Guest you are making the reservation for.......if you are specifically making a reservation in someone's name other than your own.

Now if you have two rooms I don't know what will happen. You obviously can't occupy both rooms, so they may require a different name on the second room, which would require an address. I'm not sure.

No, they don't. I just made a reservation for a Guest today and there was no such requirement. We'll call my guest John Doe. His party consists of 4 other adults, let's call them Jane, Jack, John Sr. and Mary. I put the reservation in John Doe's name and provided HIS address, and HIS address only. Then we went on to listing the other mebers of the party. Names only, no question of what their addresses were, no instructions that I must provide an address for any of those other members of the party if their address differed from the Guest whose name I put the reservation in. John Doe is my Guest, the others are simply members of his party and don't count as "Guests" for purposes of this requirement.

I made 4 reservations today and was told I needed to have the names and addresses before check-in. Check-in's not until the end of June...:rolleyes1 I guess the answer depends on the CM on the phone.

Quite frankly, I was surprised by this today. Disney seems to be trying to intimidate the very people who are DVC members that made it a success.

DVC members have had to put up a considerable amount of money for the "privilege" of going to Disney. For all this up front money, we have the "privilege" additional restrictions every few months. First the rule against more than 1 transfer, then the rule that we can't rent more than x number of times in a year, now this???

Why should my guests be forced to give their names and addresses to Disney? I had not had the pleasure of having any Hotel or resort, ever, requiring the names, addresses and telephone numbers of each guest!!!

Unfortunately, DVC members are a silent and quiescent group and nobody will say anything.

I am in the process of getting rid of my points and cancelled a 450 point contract with Disney because of these ridiculous restrictions.

I would suggest that everyone write a letter (not an email) and let them know of your displeasure!!

Good luck to all

Was the reservation for you or somebody else? Are you a card carrying member of the rent/trade board here on the Dis?

I don't get what the big deal is.:confused3 I've certainly been outspoken about changes that affect my vacation enjoyment but this uproar seems a little much. How is providing a few names and addresses going to affect you?

Even if it happened when I was renting I wouldn't have cared. I'd simply make the reservation with my name and address if I was pre-booking or use the renters name and address (which you should have) if I was booking for someone else.

Nothing has changed folks. You can always change the name and/or address later.

Remembr to date we've seen no evidence of rental enforcement. This is about DME and marketing not a crack down on renting.

Was the reservation for you or somebody else? Are you a card carrying member of the rent/trade board here on the Dis?

I don't get what the big deal is.:confused3 I've certainly been outspoken about changes that affect my vacation enjoyment but this uproar seems a little much. How is providing a few names and addresses going to affect you?

Even if it happened when I was renting I wouldn't have cared. I'd simply make the reservation with my name and address if I was pre-booking or use the renters name and address (which you should have) if I was booking for someone else.

Nothing has changed folks. You can always change the name and/or address later.

Remembr to date we've seen no evidence of rental enforcement. This is about DME and marketing not a crack down on renting.

I totally agree. I was not required to give anything other than my address when I booked for my son's wedding either, and I DID give them the names of everyone and ages of the kids, but even though there were people with different last names from mine, I was not required to give other addresses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter