New lanyards, Castaway Club gifts, and KTTW cards

I know I keep eating my words but I would be shocked if they run out of prints. It is a PRINT for heaven's sake, they can easily print more. Ordering more bags from a supplier is totally different than a print, surely?!

I know I keep eating my words but I would be shocked if they run out of prints. It is a PRINT for heaven's sake, they can easily print more. Ordering more bags from a supplier is totally different than a print, surely?!

I thought that at first but went back and read the details and it’s a Framed print …..

I saw on DCLBlog that the prints are framed and boxed.
Jeez. They should offer us the option of having it shipped home. Who leaves room in their luggage for a framed print??

If it’s too big I’ll “thanks but no thanks” it.

It's actually framed and in a nice box. Looks much more classy than the prints I got in the past from DCL. But I agree. They know the number of sailings and the number of sailings. There is no reason they should run out at all.

The new stateroom gifts were not announced as part of the 25th, but as part of the introduction of the Pearl status. In the Disney Parks blog it said: "This summer, all Castaway Club members can look forward to a refreshed assortment of welcome aboard gifts awaiting them in their staterooms. As a part of this special surprise, Pearl members will receive a pair of beautiful pearlescent tumblers that are perfect for hydrating in style during their Disney Cruise vacation. Gifts will be limited to one per stateroom and are always subject to change and based on availability. "
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...e-lines-newest-castaway-club-membership-tier/

So, I think there is a chance that the new gifts stay around longer. Or they could be replaced with something else...

Just back today from the Fantasy. 27th Cruise. Pearl Gifts were Beach Towel, Beach Bag, Cool Laundry bag that matches the 2 Tumblers, Wet Dry bag. And of course the Lanyards which had a clunky Mickey Shape for the KTTW. (Did not like those at all). The framed print showed up about 3 evenings into the cruise. Seemed very little Silver 25th merchandise in the stores. There were some poor quality looking T shirts (Limit 2) and The Dangle Pin. I cannot believe that some of the stuff is on eBay already. I never cease to be amazed.IMG_5614.jpgIMG_5615.jpgIMG_5616.jpgIMG_5617.jpgIMG_5618.jpgIMG_5727.jpgIMG_5655.jpg

The beach bag looks to be the same bag as the inaugural Wish designed bag just with the new printing. Those kttw holders are something.

bummed I just missed this by one week. I do already have the Wish beach bag but still. :rotfl:

I
Jeez. They should offer us the option of having it shipped home. Who leaves room in their luggage for a framed print??

If it’s too big I’ll “thanks but no thanks” it.
They do allow you to carry items on a plane and it doesn’t look huge. I’m sure you can put it at your feet or overhead bin.

I

They do allow you to carry items on a plane and it doesn’t look huge. I’m sure you can put it at your feet or overhead bin.

But not everyone checks bags, and in that case you usually have your 2 items between your roller bag and your personal item.

The picture above, it looks about as wide as a pillow. That's going to be larger than most roller bags and won't fit completely under the seat.

Of course, since I don't cruise until 8/25 - almost the end of the celebration - it may be a moot point. If my parents can get one on each leg of their B2B (they'll have large suitcases for that trip) they'll just mail one to me and I won't have to worry about it in the unlikely event they still have them by the end of the celebration.

But not everyone checks bags, and in that case you usually have your 2 items between your roller bag and your personal item.

The picture above, it looks about as wide as a pillow. That's going to be larger than most roller bags and won't fit completely under the seat.

Of course, since I don't cruise until 8/25 - almost the end of the celebration - it may be a moot point. If my parents can get one on each leg of their B2B (they'll have large suitcases for that trip) they'll just mail one to me and I won't have to worry about it in the unlikely event they still have them by the end of the celebration.

There should be no issue in them getting on each leg, they are separate cruises.

anyone else not crazy about these new lanyards?
I never used the old ones so it doesn't really matter to me HOWEVER they look like they can be repurposed as luggage tags. They would certainly be nicer that those big ugly ones I keep throwing a way, the ones that are so big and thick they could be coasters.
I might give the luggage tag thing a try for sure.

For a first time cruiser, will these still be offered or do you have to have at least one cruise under your belt to get the gift?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter