New lanyards, Castaway Club gifts, and KTTW cards

I don’t believe at all that this is sticking around past the silver anniversary. The design logo just matches the silver anniversary way too well for me to think it’s a permanent change. Also, all of the merchandise looks a lot more expensive than what disney has been giving out and with how disney has been about cutting costs. I just don’t see this as a permanent change.

Also, I’m not even sure that they’re going to have enough of this till last throughout the silver anniversary, but that could be because of them running out of Wish Castaway inaugural bags well before the year was out. Hopefully they’ve planned better this time.

I don’t believe at all that this is sticking around past the silver anniversary. The design logo just matches the silver anniversary way too well for me to think it’s a permanent change. Also, all of the merchandise looks a lot more expensive than what disney has been giving out and with how disney has been about cutting costs. I just don’t see this as a permanent change.

Also, I’m not even sure that they’re going to have enough of this till last throughout the silver anniversary, but that could be because of them running out of Wish Castaway inaugural bags well before the year was out. Hopefully they’ve planned better this time.

Honestly the stuff they give out all costs almost nothing to them, its bulk cheap low quality junk.

Honestly the stuff they give out all costs almost nothing to them, its bulk cheap low quality junk.
Probably but I still don’t see this hanging around past the silver anniversary or even necessarily till the end of the silver anniversary (hopefully I’m wrong but Disney seems to be undercounting versus overcounting when it comes to providing things like this) .

I guess time will tell. It’s really cute stuff but I have a feeling that in a warehouse they have a million more sling bags they’re going to giving away forever.

Probably but I still don’t see this hanging around past the silver anniversary or even necessarily till the end of the silver anniversary (hopefully I’m wrong but Disney seems to be undercounting versus overcounting when it comes to providing things like this) .

I guess time will tell. It’s really cute stuff but I have a feeling that in a warehouse they have a million more sling bags they’re going to giving away forever.

They have changed the Castaway Club logo and the new gifts all use it. The sling bags have the previous CC logo. So maybe that means a change in direction for the gifts...who knows...

The tweet says "Pearl beach towel", but as the first post and DCL Blog say, it's actually a "Platinum beach towel". The Pearl gift is the tumblers.
Did you notice the color tumblers is that of the symbol of pearl? Took me a minute to see that.

Are you on the eight night Bermuda cruise? If so, we are on that sailing as well.

I am debating adding on an 5 night August magic cruise or potentially a four night cruise on the magic September 4 through the 8th and then driving from Miami to Port Canaveral on the 8th.
Yes we are... can't wait. Have a great time!

Do we think that they’re going to run out of these before the end of the silver sailings? Sort of like they ran out of the inaugural castaway bags on the wish early.

I know it sounds silly, but I’ve been eyeing a Cruise on the magic in late August that I would probably book if I knew they weren’t going to run out before our sailing. Current rate is a little higher than I’d like to pay. I might wait and see if any VGT rates pop-up.
I do think they will run out. A bit pessimistic if me, but we are on the final Fantasy 25th celebration sailing (leaving Sep 2) - and knowing that Wish Inaugural gifts ran out about 6 months into the first year, I am not hopeful. Really just wanting extra fireworks.

Do platinum keep their palo ? And is this gift the Now gift 🤞🤞🤞starting now to stay or after 25 th anniversary sailing they ll go back to the gift prior ?

Ohhh! I was under the assumption these were the gifts to stay. Nevermind me LOL
You got me thinking… based on these statements:
Time will, tell, I sure hope so. Since they don't say 25th or anything I think it is possible. The beach towel is cool but at the same time I bet it’s super thin and not super soft either....

They have changed the Castaway Club logo and the new gifts all use it. The sling bags have the previous CC logo. So maybe that means a change in direction for the gifts...who knows...
I went back and looked at the post. The items do not appear to have 25th written on them. And I see the logo (which I don’t really remember what the logo has been. So far, my mind associates DCL with red, white and blue or red & black, throw in some yellow - basically the ships + MM). Maybe this will be the new color for CC. The Wish interior is more in line with this color palate.

And the article referenced was combining the arrival of the Pearl level, the new gifts, and the start of the Anniversary all in one. My mind combined it, leading to these being special gifts. I guess we won’t know, for certain, until the celebration is over this fall.

And we have joked so much about sling bags taking up a warehouse. Maybe they really are history. I have a fresh one with tags on it sitting in my own warehouse if bags.

This would be absolutely unacceptable. Disney has been doing this for years. They should have no trouble estimating the total number of rooms likely to be sold this summer and then ordering an extra 10-20% to make sure that they can cover defects, losses, and extra guests.

Kwami, your selection of which part of my post you quoted “I do think they will run out,” and your first sentence, “This would be totally unacceptable,” just made me laugh - which is a good thing. Luckily, I can accept that I think that way.

I can even accept that Disney runs out of freebies. Poor PR, yes. But it doesn’t keep me from sailing with them.

Yes, it is amazing and sad that they don’t understand the significance of and need to deliver the promised gift, especially with the hype/ PR preceding. And take appropriate measures to meet the promise. A poor business practice for a company with a long-standing solid reputation.

I’m just curious how small the Wish main area is going to look with all the 25th props up. Granted I’ve not been on the Wish yet (Aug 25) but everything I’ve seen that area already looks smaller because of the stupid stage. The pics I have seen of the 25th props make them look huge.

Maybe this will be the new color for CC. The Wish interior is more in line with this color palate.
It’s very much in line with the new stateroom decor that you can buy now before the cruise. I was eyeing one with the fab five in bright colors and then it disappeared, the new one is nearly double as expensive and is in shades of blue and grey.

Kwami, your selection of which part of my post you quoted “I do think they will run out,” and your first sentence, “This would be totally unacceptable,” just made me laugh - which is a good thing. Luckily, I can accept that I think that way.

I can even accept that Disney runs out of freebies. Poor PR, yes. But it doesn’t keep me from sailing with them.

Yes, it is amazing and sad that they don’t understand the significance of and need to deliver the promised gift, especially with the hype/ PR preceding. And take appropriate measures to meet the promise. A poor business practice for a company with a long-standing solid reputation.
I'm pretty understanding and forgiving, even with big companies like Disney. I think that most people just try their best and sometimes things don't go as expected. Life goes on.

But to fail at something as simple as making sure that you order enough gifts for your special celebration cruises? That's ridiculous. I would definitely be in line at Guest Services to complain about it. I guess there's a first time for everything!

I’m just curious how small the Wish main area is going to look with all the 25th props up. Granted I’ve not been on the Wish yet (Aug 25) but everything I’ve seen that area already looks smaller because of the stupid stage. The pics I have seen of the 25th props make them look huge.
It's not as bad as I expected. Yes, it's smaller than the other ships, but it's still a pretty big space, even with the stage. IMO they could have made the stage a little smaller, probably, especially because they have the proscenium balcony where the princesses wave from (which is pretty cool). But it's not as cramped as I expected it to be/feel.

I do think they will run out. A bit pessimistic if me, but we are on the final Fantasy 25th celebration sailing (leaving Sep 2) - and knowing that Wish Inaugural gifts ran out about 6 months into the first year, I am not hopeful. Really just wanting extra fireworks.

You got me thinking… based on these statements:

I went back and looked at the post. The items do not appear to have 25th written on them. And I see the logo (which I don’t really remember what the logo has been. So far, my mind associates DCL with red, white and blue or red & black, throw in some yellow - basically the ships + MM). Maybe this will be the new color for CC. The Wish interior is more in line with this color palate.

And the article referenced was combining the arrival of the Pearl level, the new gifts, and the start of the Anniversary all in one. My mind combined it, leading to these being special gifts. I guess we won’t know, for certain, until the celebration is over this fall.

And we have joked so much about sling bags taking up a warehouse. Maybe they really are history. I have a fresh one with tags on it sitting in my own warehouse if bags.
I too have a bag warehouse in my home. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter