• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreamflight99 said:
Here's DH...washing our vacation duds in a CAN by the DOLPHIN WATER'S EDGE!
washing_clothes_enlarge.jpg

When we stay at the PBH...we use the convenience of AIR-DRYING it in the sweet Florida Sunshine!
wt17043.jpg

I too..."LOVE" Doing Laundry....LOL.

....funny! :rotfl:

We've just checked into the Dolphin and have PS for Boma tomorrow morning at 0930. We called the express service number and asked if there was any direct transportation from Dolphin to Animal Kingdom Lodge and the lady said there was a special bus just for dining, and you just needed to have your confirmation number for your PS.

Can anyone else confirm this and provide more details? The lady was nice but didn't seem to have much in the way of specifics - and I want to make sure we don't miss our breakfast in the morning, but since we're doing this trip sans rental car we're pretty much depending on Disney transportation.

I have never heard of this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, especially with all the changes recently. We had dinner PS at Boma and went from AK. So you can bus to AK then from AK to AKL.(if necessary) I would find out more about the special dining transportation first. You can also go to the transportation board and make a loud shout out to Chip and Dale Express...he is a disney bus driver and knows all about it!

I also have never heard of this. It sounds like what she is talking about *the dining line lady* would be the bus that starts running before park opening so people can make their PARK PSs. It is a 12 dollar taxi fare from S/D to AKL, maybe it was less, I just remember handing the driver 15. It was well worth it to us when we did use a taxi just to pay someone else and go directly to where we needed to be. I still am anti car rental, but do love to have a taxi when I really need it! :)

If you do want to to the bus hop thing, take the very first bus that shows up for AK or DTD and get on it, then get off and get on the AKL bus. You can also take the boat to MGM then get on the AKL bus back to the lodge.

Enjoy your breakfast at Boma!
Debbie

PS LOVE the laundry, DF!

Thanks for the suggestions. What we ended up doing was hopping the boat to MGM, then taking the bus from there to AKL. Seemed to work fine. This afternoon we'll be riding the boat back to Epcot for dinner at Alfredo's.

You were at my two favorite places today. Please take me next time? :)

Have a magical vacation for the rest of your time down there!
Debbie

...to have several people on the WDW bus at the same time, wishing to go to AKL [as opposed to AK], and our driver was nice enough to accomodate us by taking us DIRECTLY TO AKL INSTEAD!!! :flower1:

Disneycrazymom said:
Does anyone know why I'm not getting a good rate too show up for June 4-June12? The best I can find is $209 standard. Where did all the discounts go? I LOVE the Swan but for that we can stay anywhere! Any advise? I am a teacher, we are Starwood members, and I will buy an Entertainment book but right now all of those are the same $209.
Thanks! :wave:

Have you phoned to try to book at the Entertainment rate? The Entertainment book offers 50% off rack rates ($169 for your dates) or 10% off best available rates - whichever is the lower. If you phone and ask for the Entertainment discount you should be able to book at $169

Matt

I am going June11- 18 and I am averaging about $297 a night since there is a convention in town. No discounts available and I booked this in about end of Sept this year. I keep checking in case they open up some spots if the held rooms for the convention does not go.

Mary :earseek:

Thanks Matt I will try that. I have not called directly yet. The Swan is really our favorite place to stay,but we need 2 rooms this year and can't pay 200+ for each of them.

Oh and welcome to the Dis!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL!!~So happy to see this on page #1. ^_^ Makes me think of all the GOOD times. XO :love: :hug:

HAPPY LAUNDRY and HOLIDAYS to EACH and EVERY ONE of you!!

Always....

TTFN...DF99 :wave:

Does anyone know if the Swan/Dolphin site ever confirms your special requests made online. I have done this in the past and never received a confirmation? What gives? :guilty:

Boardwalk Tigger~ I have received canned e mail responses to my "special request" e mails but at least it was acknowledging that they received the e mail. However, last summer, I did receive an e mail that was specific to my request and not canned.

It is nice to know that they respond to someone:) I have tried for two separate vacations and no confirmation. I sent it twice( After not hearing for several days but never heard back.) I didn't want to bother them again so I didn't email again. Can we call in a request or is that to forward?

Boardwalk Tigger>> I called them a day before our first trip to the Swan. I was obsessed with view even though I had booked club level. I REALLY wanted a balcony, so finally I called. Begging/pleading/laughing with the room assigner did wonders and we ended up with the east wing/top floor /balcony/ corner room facing spaceship Earth!

Call! It can't hurt a thing!
Debbie

#1hockeymom said:
Boardwalk Tigger>> I called them a day before our first trip to the Swan. I was obsessed with view even though I had booked club level. I REALLY wanted a balcony, so finally I called. Begging/pleading/laughing with the room assigner did wonders and we ended up with the east wing/top floor /balcony/ corner room facing spaceship Earth!

Call! It can't hurt a thing!
Debbie

"ASK, AND YE SHALL RECEIVE!" I too...go by the CALL & ASK school method (Tried and True!). Nothing ventured...nothing gained. By all means, call and ask to speak with the "room assigner" or manager. It could make all the difference in the world. ;)

Hope everyone has enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Holiday...and has an even HAPPIER NEW YEAR!!! :grouphug:

TTFN...DF99 :wave:

Just a friendly WISHHFUL wave to everyone currently staying AT the WDW SWAN/DOLPHIN...Just returning FROM the WDW Swan/Dolphin...or planning to VISIT the WDW SWAN/DOLPHIN! :wave: :wizard:

My plans are confirmed for the WDW Dolphin, and Disney's VERO BEACH resort too! I have to get to work on the PBH, airlines and rental vehicles! The trip to Europe has me a bit discombobulated and side-tracked. :rolleyes:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL! TTFN...DF99 :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter