• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
disneyeveryyear said:
Due to the iffy weather next week, I am thinking I may have to do a load or two of laundry for sweatshirts, jeans, etc.

Where are the laundry facilities? Are they convenient? How many washers and dryers? When is best time of day to wash?

Thanks so much for all your help!
The laundry room in the Dolphin is large and clean. It's right next to the game room on the ground floor...along the corridor that leads to the pool. There are many washers and dryers and we didn't have any trouble at all when using it during the day in July.

Have a great trip!

The laundry area is located on the first floor of the Dolphin. It is right down the hall from Tubbi's and the gameroom. There are appox. 10 washers and 10 dryers..:) I have washed in the morning and at night. I have never had to wait on a machine to be available. So I would just go when it is convenient for you... Have fun at WDW...It's beautiful this time of year to be in the world!

I did not see Gail's post until now! Oh well at least I am trying to be on topic ;)

:flower1:

Mouseteacher said:
Bill~the last I knew of MamaT's assignment was through DF's summer visit. I believe she said MamaT went back and forth between S and D.

That is what Mama T told me in October--she spends most of her time at the Swan, but occasionally they will send her to the Dolphin. :)

Don't know about laundry - does anyone else? We may be in the same situation next week.

I called today to try to get upgraded to Club Level using SPG points - and the Club Level (Swan) is full. In fact, they said the entire hotel is full starting about the 23rd. Saw on other threads that MGM actually closed one recent Saturday. Looks like long lines everywhere next week.

Thanks again to all in the know. Glad to find out laundry is relative painless (now if I just had it all done at home and was ready to go). I had all the shorts and t-shirts pulled for the kids and ready to pack. Now I need to reassess and find warmer clothes for them. Of course a cold day at WDW is still warmer than here right now, and better than any day in Illinois.

I guess I'll have to throw a few WISK tablets in the suitcase too.

Loubon said:
Listen to Gail....she is a laundry expert.
I'm glad to read SOMEONE is...as when I'm on vacation, I DESPISE doing laundry. Either DH does it for me/us (he's a gem), or I send it off in the bag with the little list all checked (and it's delivered FRESH, CLEAN and all folded neatly to my suite!).

I did this while in London recently, at another Starwood property (like the Dolphin). It worked fabulously. :cool:

*Come to think of it...I really do not enjoy laundry at home much either! :earboy2: :rolleyes:

P.S. The Dolphin will permit access to the laundry room 24/7. If the doors are locked, and you wish to enter late in the eve, for some quick washing, just go to the front desk and ask. Someone from security will open the door for you! They are always very nice and accomodating for my DH. ^_^

....I don't mind doin' laundry, except the white loads, with all my family's SOCKS!!! ACK!!!!

dreamflight99 said:
I'm glad to read SOMEONE is...as when I'm on vacation, I DESPISE doing laundry. Either DH does it for me/us (he's a gem), or I send it off in the bag with the little list all checked (and it's delivered FRESH, CLEAN and all folded neatly to my suite!).

I did this while in London recently, at another Starwood property (like the Dolphin). It worked fabulously. :cool:

*Come to think of it...I really do not enjoy laundry at home much either! :earboy2: :rolleyes:

P.S. The Dolphin will permit access to the laundry room 24/7. If the doors are locked, and you wish to enter late in the eve, for some quick washing, just go to the front desk and ask. Someone from security will open the door for you! They are always very nice and accomodating for my DH. ^_^

FOR THE RECORD: I'd like to kindly recant/retract the above...and state FOR THE RECORD I personally LOVE "DOING THE LAUNDRY" anytime, anyplace...and ESPECIALLY enjoy all the WILD and CRAZY magical trappings of DOING IT WHILE AT WDW & THE DOLPHIN!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :charac2: :cloud9: :cool1:

TTFN....DF99 :wave:

#1hockeymom said:
I love doing laundry too... but only at the Swan and Dolphin! :)
Here's DH...washing our vacation duds in a CAN by the DOLPHIN WATER'S EDGE!
washing_clothes_enlarge.jpg

When we stay at the PBH...we use the convenience of AIR-DRYING it in the sweet Florida Sunshine!
wt17043.jpg

I too..."LOVE" Doing Laundry....LOL.

I did a search and I couldn't find anything on the boards, but... we just came back from a week at the Boardwalk Villas and on the way back from MGM, the pilot on the Friendship boat was a bit chatty and told us that he was on the construction crew for the Swan/Dolphin. He told us two secrets...

1. There is a front-end loader (similar to a bulldozer) buried beneath one of the hotels

2. The Dolphin and Swan scuptures are on the wrong buildings. Except for the shell fountain which was one of the last things to be installed, everything that is on the Swan has shells. Even many of the themed chandeliers inside. The Dolphin has the (lotus leaves?) My DW and I spent some time thinking why they would not just move them to the correct buildings instead of trying to change the theme as best as they could at the last minute if there was some truth to this.

Does anyone know why I'm not getting a good rate too show up for June 4-June12? The best I can find is $209 standard. Where did all the discounts go? I LOVE the Swan but for that we can stay anywhere! Any advise? I am a teacher, we are Starwood members, and I will buy an Entertainment book but right now all of those are the same $209.
Thanks! :wave:

G8RFAN said:
I did a search and I couldn't find anything on the boards, but... we just came back from a week at the Boardwalk Villas and on the way back from MGM, the pilot on the Friendship boat was a bit chatty and told us that he was on the construction crew for the Swan/Dolphin. He told us two secrets...

1. There is a front-end loader (similar to a bulldozer) buried beneath one of the hotels

2. The Dolphin and Swan scuptures are on the wrong buildings. Except for the shell fountain which was one of the last things to be installed, everything that is on the Swan has shells. Even many of the themed chandeliers inside. The Dolphin has the (lotus leaves?) My DW and I spent some time thinking why they would not just move them to the correct buildings instead of trying to change the theme as best as they could at the last minute if there was some truth to this.
My DH said that the Dolphin & Swan sculptures are on the correct buildings. He was the plant manager for the company located on Disney property that provided building supplies and concrete to Disney when the Swan and Dolphin were constucted and he was there the day them sculptures were put on the hotels. He said there was not an error in the placements or his butt would have been fried because his crew were the ones who placed the statues. :cool1:

Disneycrazymom said:
Does anyone know why I'm not getting a good rate too show up for June 4-June12? The best I can find is $209 standard. Where did all the discounts go? I LOVE the Swan but for that we can stay anywhere! Any advise? I am a teacher, we are Starwood members, and I will buy an Entertainment book but right now all of those are the same $209.
Thanks! :wave:

Did you ask for the Teacher Rate for your time frame? The teacher rate is lower than $209. Usually as SPG members, you can receive complimentary upgrades but not necessarily discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter