NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me with my upgrade questions? (see previous post a page or two back).

Thanks,
Bill

Bill - I believe the last concensus was that it is supposed to be 1000 points per night but some people were being charged the 1500. So, what help am I? Not much. You may have to keep asking until you get the answer you want from someone at S/D.

And hopefully this is enough on topic......

Do you know why it is called the Blue Zoo? Because when Todd's child (son I believe) was little, when he wanted to go to the Aquarium, he would ask dad to take him to the 'Blue Zoo'. Get it? We thought that was a cool reason for the restaurant name! The food was outstanding, but the $135 bill was a bit of a shock to the system.

I'm thinking about a trip to WDW next JUly, and staying at the Swan or Dolphin. Checked out rack rates,which are more than I'm wanting to spend since this trip is sort of an afterthought.

I'm a relatively new SPG member,so don't have enough points accrued yet to be of any significant benefit.

I noticed on MOusesavers that AAA rates are available. Are there other ways to save off rack rate? i.e. AP rates,entertainment book etc. Do the Swan/Dolphin run periodic specials?

Thanks for your help.

awatt said:
I'm thinking about a trip to WDW next JUly, and staying at the Swan or Dolphin. Checked out rack rates,which are more than I'm wanting to spend since this trip is sort of an afterthought.

I'm a relatively new SPG member,so don't have enough points accrued yet to be of any significant benefit.

I noticed on MOusesavers that AAA rates are available. Are there other ways to save off rack rate? i.e. AP rates,entertainment book etc. Do the Swan/Dolphin run periodic specials?

Thanks for your help.

There typically is an AP rate and if you are a teacher or gov't employee you can get an even deeper discount. Also - you may be able to book online at a cheap internet rate it you do it at spg.com...

Thanks jgates. I hope it's still 1000, because at 1500 we won't have enough for both rooms. I think I'll call them today and see what they say. I'll post their response.

awatt said:

Thanks for your help.

There is a AAA rate as well as the Entertainment rate. The best rate is the teacher/gov't/nurse rate. However, use your spg membership to get an upgrade. It does happen even without accruing points.

Since the Swan and Dolphin are not owned by Disney, I doubt that they are included in the refrigerator program.

Mouseteacher- How do I use the SPG membership to get an upgrade without points?

awatt said:
If an upgrade is available you'll get it being an SPG member!

Mouseteacher said:
Hi, kimmar! bluezoo is Todd English's newest restaurant located in the Dolphin. Todd English, celebrity chef, started out with a flagship restaurant in Charlestown (right next to Boston).
...Mouseteacher and ozziewags - I was totally CLUELESS!

awatt said:
awatt~ Make sure that your spg # is on your reservation - call the Dolphin and check to make sure. Also, you can go on their website and send an e mail requesting a complimentary upgrade in advance of your stay. Clik on "Reservations" and then on "Special Request".

Does Mama T still work at the lounge at Club Level? I assume she will have time off over the Christmas holidays, but I hope we see her at least once during our stay.

Bill~the last I knew of MamaT's assignment was through DF's summer visit. I believe she said MamaT went back and forth between S and D.

Mouseteacher said:
Bill~the last I knew of MamaT's assignment was through DF's summer visit. I believe she said MamaT went back and forth between S and D.

She was at the Swan for most of the 2nd half of July. She had I believe just spent a few days at the Dolphin before that. Thabo was there most mornings and Maria was there most evenings. OUSTANDING STAFF.

ww52 said:
Does Mama T still work at the lounge at Club Level? I assume she will have time off over the Christmas holidays, but I hope we see her at least once during our stay.

....can ask Dan Murphy. He is there right now, with his DD!

In an effort to keep this thread active , I'm posting a question here about upgrades using Sheraton Preferred Guest points.

Our preference for our trip is to use our points to get up on the Club Level. I'm pretty sure its still 1000 points a night per room. But my brother in law called the Swan and they said they are booked during the last part of our vacation. (Looks like the promotion worked.)

For those who don't know, you can call five days before the start of your stay to apply points fro upgrading. So my question - and I do have one - is this: what are my options if the Club Rooms are not available, and what would the S/D veterens here recommend? For example, at times I've heard people were able to secure CL privileges with their room being off the CL floor. Or other times a suite upgrade is available. Any other options? And can you secure a suite upgrade for the same 1000 points? And can it be done 5 days in advance, or only at checkin?

Thanks for the help.

ww52 said:
In an effort to keep this thread active , I'm posting a question here about upgrades using Sheraton Preferred Guest points.

Our preference for our trip is to use our points to get up on the Club Level. I'm pretty sure its still 1000 points a night per room. But my brother in law called the Swan and they said they are booked during the last part of our vacation. (Looks like the promotion worked.)

For those who don't know, you can call five days before the start of your stay to apply points fro upgrading. So my question - and I do have one - is this: what are my options if the Club Rooms are not available, and what would the S/D veterens here recommend? For example, at times I've heard people were able to secure CL privileges with their room being off the CL floor. Or other times a suite upgrade is available. Any other options? And can you secure a suite upgrade for the same 1000 points? And can it be done 5 days in advance, or only at checkin?

Thanks for the help.

We received a comp upgrade to a jr. suite at the Swan. I am spg Gold. Try getting a comp upgrade first then if that doesn't work - use your points.

Kimmar~SHHHHHHH (this isn't the sorority house anymore --- we'd be off topic!) :guilty: :guilty:
PS~ I like your Boston accent, sista! :cool:

Due to the iffy weather next week, I am thinking I may have to do a load or two of laundry for sweatshirts, jeans, etc.

Where are the laundry facilities? Are they convenient? How many washers and dryers? When is best time of day to wash?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter