New DVC Resort??????

spike@okw

Earning My Ears
You have got to love this......
New DVC Resort - (9/12/03) Screamscape has received a rumor claiming that the next DVC resort, after the Saratoga Springs, may be built at the Contemporary. From the sounds of things, Disney will rehab the rooms in the South Wing and then demolish the North Wing to make way for a new five story DVC Resort. Anyone else heard this?

It would be nice.
:jester:

My goodness, that would be wonderful. I would buy there in a heartbeat, just for the monorail opportunities and the boatride to WL and Fort Wilderness.

Yeah, that rumor has surfaced a few times in the past. I not real excited by the thought of it though.

I wouldn't doubt if it were true, but I would rather they re-model the whole resort. In my opinion the theme of this resort is boring!

One thing you have to remember is.....

it wasn't so boring in 1971. Is was pretty innovative at that time.

:)

I wouldn't doubt if it were true, but I would rather they re-model the whole resort. In my opinion the theme of this resort is boring!

I have to agree. The resort theme is too...well...contemporary.
:rolleyes:

If DVC were to 'expand' into one of the Monorail Resorts, I would think that they'd select the Polynesian. DVC resorts are always themed so well and with the Contemporary having a lackluster theme, it wouldn't appeal to the masses.

ALTHOUGH, I would think that everyone would absolutely LOVE to have any of the Monorail Resorts be DVC. And, maybe the Contemporary isn't as popular as the Poly and Grand Floridian, so they can use this to bump up the attendance at the resort.

There have been so many rumors (probably started by wishful thinking DVC members) about a Monorail Resort being added that I don't even want to get excited about it right now.

But, could you imagine.....:p

Of course I agree that a DVC resort on the monorail would be awesome - I wish it was already there since my kids are still young enough to prefer MK to the other parks. I suppose I would prefer the Polynesian to the Contemporary, but I would bet either would be done extremely well.

I own at the Beach Club and of course, I think that is the best place. But, the monorail.....that would be very nice! I agree with an earlier post that with small children, (what I have now) it will be a bigger draw than if you are older or childless. I have never stayed at the Contemporary, only visited, but if I stayed there it would be for the location only. But either way, I would enjoy myself. I think if the rumor is true, they are just trying to make better use of space that is already used. As well as increase the use of this particular resort. I would rather see a DVC at the Poly also, but there really isn't any room, is there?

I hate the look of the Contemporary and have never stayed there. It just looks liek any ole' hotle outside the world with the exception being it has the monorial. I'm sure that is what has saved it. (I do remember as a chidl thinking I'm goona stay here one day!!! LOL) I wouldn't add on there even if I had the extra money to do so, but the Poly? I'd have to get inventive and coem up with the cash. I bet that woudl be a fast seller! Of course, from what i hera on here...isn't the theme pool there already maxed out and too small? Coudl the Poly even handle the extra rooms of a DVC there? What about the GF?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter