New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

This is very exciting news.

I'm trying to picture where this part will be on the ship. Specifically, which end is the "front" or will be towards the front of the ship. Is it the end with the raised portion with what looks like port holes (maybe Oceanview cabins with 2 port holes)? The other end looks a little tapered on the bottom, so I'm guessing that is towards the back of the ship, where the propellers will be. Just curious how this massive LEGO piece will be fitted into the ship as a whole.

This is very exciting news.

I'm trying to picture where this part will be on the ship. Specifically, which end is the "front" or will be towards the front of the ship. Is it the end with the raised portion with what looks like port holes (maybe Oceanview cabins with 2 port holes)? The other end looks a little tapered on the bottom, so I'm guessing that is towards the back of the ship, where the propellers will be. Just curious how this massive LEGO piece will be fitted into the ship as a whole.
I believe they are towing it backwards. The grey area is actually bottom paint and the red is her boot stripe or the red stripe between the black hull and the bottom paint. The area that is rounded would be where the shafts exit the ship. When finished, the grey will be completely under water. You can see one of the stabilizers just behind the ladder on the side. This section would be relatively close to the center of the ship. Those do look like cat 1 port holes on the upper level section.

Went back and rewatched the video on my laptop. That may not be the stabilizers just behind the ladder. Might be touch up paint. its too irregular to be a door for the fins. Also, someone dinged the hull. As it passes the bridge, you can see it on the far left roughly halfway up. She took a pretty good hit somewhere.

Last edited:
You can see in this picture where the hull on the Dream class turns up a little bit at the stern, just like the section towards the front when moving in the video.
And on the picture above, you can see where towards the front of that section or the next section that gets added to it, would be the exhausts for the lng gensets, that line up with the aft funnel which is the funnel at actually works. Somewhere between the 2nd and 4th lifeboat, from the stern, is the end of the new section, to roughly where the black hull paint, starts to go up aft of the lifeboats, where the ocean view cabins start in the aft end of the ship about deck 5.

MW is updating there webcam again. Still not mentioning Wish yet but its a matter of time. Cosma I'd estimate between the 2 pieces is 75% structurally complete. Shes being built backwards (bow out) in the dock. There pretty much out of room with her so should be soon the ship dance will begin. Im guessing they'll float Odessey out, float the stern of Cosma out, float Wish in then the 2 pieces of Cosma. Itll be interesting since there's not a whole lot of room there to begin with and now there's 3 ships at the dock in whole or in part.

And now, we have tentative years for the Triton II and III.

According to Bob Chapek during the earnings call........................

“We’re anticipating delivering our first new ship, the Wish in the summer of ’22 and then we have our next two ships in ’24 and ’25. And, so, after a slight delay of roughly six months on those, we think that we’re going to be able to bring them into service. "

Despite Royals official statement that they do not have a float out date, a video has emerged, showing tugs moving the different pieces around the yard. Also, Oddessey has gotten her props installed which is the last major item on the list before they can flood the dock and move her out. So things seem to be getting closer for the Wish. Also my mistake The Cosma is being built bow in, like all of the previous ships. Didnt know that she has balcony cabins on her bow, that without her bridge, look exactly like the sterns of more then 1 other class of ship. Now that they added the bridge section, you can see which end is which. Probably wouldnt mind one of those cabins if DCL ever did that.

And the build continues. New video showing the original module being moved around, AND the arrival of a new piece.

MW is updating there webcam again. Still not mentioning Wish yet but its a matter of time. Cosma I'd estimate between the 2 pieces is 75% structurally complete. Shes being built backwards (bow out) in the dock. There pretty much out of room with her so should be soon the ship dance will begin. Im guessing they'll float Odessey out, float the stern of Cosma out, float Wish in then the 2 pieces of Cosma. Itll be interesting since there's not a whole lot of room there to begin with and now there's 3 ships at the dock in whole or in part.
Actually from the earlier webcam images I've seen of the AIDAcosma her bow is pointed into the dock, the mega--block section they floated in this weekend I believe is the midship?/aft section of the vessel, they'll probably join them together before they float it out and bring the Wish's pieces in after they begin laying the keel, sometime next year early

Actually from the earlier webcam images I've seen of the AIDAcosma her bow is pointed into the dock, the mega--block section they floated in this weekend I believe is the midship?/aft section of the vessel, they'll probably join them together before they float it out and bring the Wish's pieces in after they begin laying the keel, sometime next year early
Despite Royals official statement that they do not have a float out date, a video has emerged, showing tugs moving the different pieces around the yard. Also, Oddessey has gotten her props installed which is the last major item on the list before they can flood the dock and move her out. So things seem to be getting closer for the Wish. Also my mistake The Cosma is being built bow in, like all of the previous ships. Didnt know that she has balcony cabins on her bow, that without her bridge, look exactly like the sterns of more then 1 other class of ship. Now that they added the bridge section, you can see which end is which. Probably wouldnt mind one of those cabins if DCL ever did that.

Initially, when I first looked 2 or 3 weeks ago, there wasnt a prow or bridge to indicate which direction she was facing. They werent even updating the cameras regularly. The angle of the bow balcony cabins when I saw them minus the bridge and prow, to me looked exactly like the stern of the ship and her top deck stern piece was sitting right next to that area. MW has on occasion built a ship bow out. Its rare but they have done it from that dock.

Wishes keel is already there. About a 1/3rd anyway. Its in the FERU. Today its symbolic, as the ships are made modular instead of piece by piece.

I know COVID threw a wrench in things but is the Wish expected to take over the Dream’s Bahamaian sailings? Last time I checked, Disney said the Wish was going to PC, but didn’t announce sailings.

I know COVID threw a wrench in things but is the Wish expected to take over the Dream’s Bahamaian sailings? Last time I checked, Disney said the Wish was going to PC, but didn’t announce sailings.
Past practice is the Dream took over for the Wonder doing 3s and 4s. Wish could very well do the same thing. How ever, Disney has stated they are putting 3 ships at PC so she could be joining the Dream and Fantasy, or going to 7s to free the Fantasy to move to Miami. I know the initial contract timelines for Miami and Port Canaveral most likely were blown out of the water. Most likely delayed by up to 5 years possibly based on the initial delivery dates.

Last edited:
Past practice is the Dream took over for the Wonder doing 3s and 4s. Wish could very well do the same thing. How ever, Disney has stated they are putting 3 ships at PC so she could be joining the Dream and Fantasy, or going to 7s to free the Fantasy to move to Miami. I know the initi contract timelines for Miami and Port Canaveral most likely were own out of the water. Most likely delayed by up to 5 years possibly based on the initial delivery dates.

Maybe have Wish do the 3s and 4s, Fantasy stay with the 7s and then the Dream could rotate with 5/5/4. Two 5 night West Caribbean and then a 4 night Bahamas? Who knows with COVID but if they’re going to keep it on the traditional schedule, this would make sense.

Maybe have Wish do the 3s and 4s, Fantasy stay with the 7s and then the Dream could rotate with 5/5/4. Two 5 night West Caribbean and then a 4 night Bahamas? Who knows with COVID but if they’re going to keep it on the traditional schedule, this would make sense.
Only problem is you applied logic to the scenario. DCL does a lot of things, logical isn't one of them.

Since DCL apparently has entered into an agreement to share the MSC terminal in Miami, they could conceivably rotate the Dream/Fantasy between PC and Miami, since the Wish used LNG, and Port Canaveral has invested in a LNG refueling contractor/vessel I would imagine it would remain there full time. Of course the Wonder/Magic can also use Miami as well. Although I don't see many days where there would be more than 1 DCL ship porting in PC but with CT 8 being utilized as well they could at least service 2 ships on a single day, although I do wonder if they're going to have enough parking space for guests driving to PC for their cruises if they are going to board 3 ships in a week. That's a lot of guests/cars. We'll see I guess.

Heres a look into the other hall at MW. Theres more blocks already built and being stored in the smaller dock, then we knew. The way you can tell which dock is which, is the way the bldgs are shaped. Hall 6 is the larger of the 2 and is a stand alone bldg. The smaller hall, and the number escapes me is actually 5 bldgs side by side. you can see about halfway thru the video, that theres the main hall an 3 more bldgs next to it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter