Need to be held accountable LOL

I walked and walked and walked our cabin was one of the furthest from the main area. Im not complaining but I didnt lose any exercise LOL If anything I gained some but I wasnt out of breath or tired :) I felt good I could stand longer than before too. Now im a little nervous about after my surgery now that im doing so good I hope it really helps. But any way camp was great up until 1 am the first night with little girls saying thats creepy i want my mommy, and giggles. the second night they were out within a half hour. they had a great time swimming and noone went home until it was time. I didnt gain or lose still at 266. But no gain is a good thing!!!

I walked and walked and walked our cabin was one of the furthest from the main area. Im not complaining but I didnt lose any exercise LOL If anything I gained some but I wasnt out of breath or tired :) I felt good I could stand longer than before too. Now im a little nervous about after my surgery now that im doing so good I hope it really helps. But any way camp was great up until 1 am the first night with little girls saying thats creepy i want my mommy, and giggles. the second night they were out within a half hour. they had a great time swimming and noone went home until it was time. I didnt gain or lose still at 266. But no gain is a good thing!!!

YEAH for you :cheer2:

Glad to hear you had a good weekend!

While you're still up & at em', browse the library for some good reads or old movies you never got around to watching so you'll have something to keep your mind occupied while you're recovering. :thumbsup2

YEAH for you :cheer2:

Glad to hear you had a good weekend!

While you're still up & at em', browse the library for some good reads or old movies you never got around to watching so you'll have something to keep your mind occupied while you're recovering. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the idea, I took your advice and I ordered the Twilight books on Ebay got all 4 books for $40. I cant wait to read them, I have seen the first 3 movies but I still want to read the books see what they left out. I am excited to read the final book to see how it all ends. I decided to keep my workout going even though I will be having my surgury and starting over again slowly I figure the rest of my body still benefits. I thought about stopping until after surgery but that is just another excuse lol so i told myself nope I have to keep going.

Thanks for the idea, I took your advice and I ordered the Twilight books on Ebay got all 4 books for $40. I cant wait to read them, I have seen the first 3 movies but I still want to read the books see what they left out. I am excited to read the final book to see how it all ends. I decided to keep my workout going even though I will be having my surgury and starting over again slowly I figure the rest of my body still benefits. I thought about stopping until after surgery but that is just another excuse lol so i told myself nope I have to keep going.

EXCELLENT (the books) :thumbsup2 I hope you enjoy them. How long has it been that you indulged yourself in a good read?

Just an idea about your workout after surgery, you could try getting some of those small handheld weights, about 1-3 lbs a piece, and use those to help work out your upper body. My dad has awful knee problems but his PT has him working on his upper body using a series of repetitive movements to help keep the upper part moving....just a thought?

Also, if you don't have anybody to come in & help cook meals it would be a good idea to cook some things now that you can freeze. That way all your husband has to do is put it in the oven. Course if he's like mine, he'll still have a lot of questions :rotfl::laughing::rolleyes1

EXCELLENT (the books) :thumbsup2 I hope you enjoy them. How long has it been that you indulged yourself in a good read?

Just an idea about your workout after surgery, you could try getting some of those small handheld weights, about 1-3 lbs a piece, and use those to help work out your upper body. My dad has awful knee problems but his PT has him working on his upper body using a series of repetitive movements to help keep the upper part moving....just a thought?

Also, if you don't have anybody to come in & help cook meals it would be a good idea to cook some things now that you can freeze. That way all your husband has to do is put it in the oven. Course if he's like mine, he'll still have a lot of questions :rotfl::laughing::rolleyes1

I will have a few people cooking for me and I think I will be making easy things such as pasta and such, I know bad for my "diet" but I think I will try the whole wheat kind here soon see how it passes inspection in my house lol. Im hoping to be pretty mobile compared to when i broke my ankle, hoping this time should be a breeze lol the weights are a good idea If I dont play up my rest LOL I may use this rest time to my advantage and be a little lazy LOL. I think I will have PT not sure though really hoping not.I hated it Last time.
It is cold here this morning its 50 out which is what it will be in Vegas when I go in January but compared to - 30 here in the winter that will feel like 80 lol
packing sweaters and everything so hoping to have a great trip. It was really cheap to for the hotel and round trip flights only $438 for 6 nights. That is amazing. If Disney were that cheap could you imagine? It would be so packed lol I think our next trip will be to Disney In August of next year.
So did you get the free meal plan or did you have to pay? Tell me some of the great places you got reservations at.
Im feeling chatty this morning avoiding getting on the tredmill lol I will eventually get on once i warm up some I hate the cold we left the windows open last night and its freezing in here cant seem to get motivated to move my toosh off the couch. well hope you have a great day :)

I did a mile on the tredmill this morning and I have been walking in the evenings with my sister so I am getting extra walking in. Been doing pretty good at cutting back on what i am eating and starting off with a salad. Just need to cut back more on the deep fried or cut them out all together. Hoping to see some results here soon I have a wedding to go to in September, my cousin is getting married. Hoping I am recovered enough from my surgery by then to enjoy a little bit of dancing. LOL

Finally Hit 265 WOOOO HOOO made it past 266 :) was there for too long. Hoping now i will keep dropping maybe made it past the hump.

Howdy partner! I'm still dreaming about BTRRM :lmao:

Well, I said I wasn't going to get weighed after 8 days of WDW indulgence & told the family not to do it! So what do they do? Yep, they got weighed.

DS gained 3 lbs. DH gained 7 lbs. So this morning I decided to face the music & yep, I gained 5 lbs :eek: So I had 35 lbs off pre-disney so I'm looking at the glass half full & telling myself I'm still 30lbs less than the day after Easter & hoping I can recoup my loss SOON!

We got back late last night. I took care of my feet with good shoes & socks & used that white adhesive tape on my hot spots so I had minimal blisters. My calves, thighs & rear were all so sore from so much walking but I had a BLAST! I think all the walking is why I didn't gain more weight. We had the dining plan & I indulged in desserts & wine but I did not succumb to french fries or fried foods. I tried to strike a balance about my vacation from south beach diet :lmao:

So today we went back to south beach b-fast & lunch. We had very little in the house & too tired to shop so we went out to dinner. I had one slice of brown bread, steak, salad & a baked potatoe. Got home & craved sweets so I had a few mini tootsie rolls. I can now see how sugar does get into your system & how you really do crave it. After 8 days of having it, today it was hard NOT to have it but I had much less than yesterday and tomorrow I'll have less than I did today.

So I'm jumping back on the horse AND the good news is once my feet feel better, I have better endurance for walking :thumbsup2

Now that I've rambled on about myself, let me congratulate you (JennGoofy) on getting over your personal hump & may the the next few pounds drop off more easily for you :goodvibes

So excited for you to have gone to Disney. Im glad you had such a great time. Wish I could have gone lol. I miss it there. We are only doing the Cruise this year no parks :( I think I may live not sure yet LOL. We decided no parks this year due to the refurbishments they were doing in so many places.

Thank you :) I keep going back and forth between 266 and 265 just teasing myself now. GRRRR LOL. I am getting annoyed with walking but still doing it. I just need to see some more results. Walking with my sister to make it not so boring. :)

Started the day with south beach friendly bfast of scrambled eggs with cheese & coffee plus a bowl of Special K, 1%milk & sweet & low to sweeten. Felt satisifed that I'll probably just have a snack later & skip lunch but make a nice healthy dinner. I think I have some energy to go to the store but not enough for a walk later ;) There is a heat advisory which is funny since it was much hotter at WDW & there I was on "go go go" mode :laughing:

Have tons of laundry :laundy: mail & stuff to do to get organized back into the real world but it sure has been nice sleeping in our own comfy beds & being with our kitties again :cutie:

Started the day with south beach friendly bfast of scrambled eggs with cheese & coffee plus a bowl of Special K, 1%milk & sweet & low to sweeten. Felt satisifed that I'll probably just have a snack later & skip lunch but make a nice healthy dinner. I think I have some energy to go to the store but not enough for a walk later ;) There is a heat advisory which is funny since it was much hotter at WDW & there I was on "go go go" mode :laughing:

Have tons of laundry :laundy: mail & stuff to do to get organized back into the real world but it sure has been nice sleeping in our own comfy beds & being with our kitties again :cutie:

Sounds like you are right back on track. Glad you are satisfied with your breakfast this morning :) I dont blame you taking a break from walking after all the walking you did in the parks :) I understand the "go go go " mode when in the parks I have the same mode when Im there lol. I hate the getting back to reality phase. I wish there was a skip button lol being back in your own bed is nice how ever i prefer being in a hotel knowing i dont have to cook or clean LOL. Some how I just sleep better knowing that LOL

I started a TR if you're interested, added the post to my signature. I finally figured out how to post pictures! I have so much to do & here I am up until 2am like a vampire on these boards but I'm off work this week too so what the heck :confused3

But I did make it to the pool today & swam 14 laps. Got to the grocery & stocked up on lots of fresh produce. We had a lovely dinner. DH reported 5 of his 7 lbs are already off and assures me mine will come back off quick since we're back on South Beach & resuming our exercise. I hope he's right.

I've never done a cruise. That sounds like so much fun :banana: I did see previews of it on the travel channel & although you won't be doing parks, it is totally immersed in disney. Sounds like the best of both worlds - pure disney magic but not walking a marathon daily to see things & wearing yourself out :laughing: You may actually feel rested after that vacation!

My birthday & your surgery are coming up. Are you ready?

I started a TR if you're interested, added the post to my signature. I finally figured out how to post pictures! I have so much to do & here I am up until 2am like a vampire on these boards but I'm off work this week too so what the heck :confused3

But I did make it to the pool today & swam 14 laps. Got to the grocery & stocked up on lots of fresh produce. We had a lovely dinner. DH reported 5 of his 7 lbs are already off and assures me mine will come back off quick since we're back on South Beach & resuming our exercise. I hope he's right.

I've never done a cruise. That sounds like so much fun :banana: I did see previews of it on the travel channel & although you won't be doing parks, it is totally immersed in disney. Sounds like the best of both worlds - pure disney magic but not walking a marathon daily to see things & wearing yourself out :laughing: You may actually feel rested after that vacation!

My birthday & your surgery are coming up. Are you ready?

I hope you take the time to rest from your vacation before you go back to work lol. 14 laps in the pool is great!! I need to go shopping soon. I need to buy stuff to make my chicken broccoli salad YUMMY!!! Must be nice he lost his weight so fast lol wish you the same speed ;) im sure it wont take long.

You should pack your bags and hop on our cruise in December :D it would be really great to meet you and we could walk together in the mornings. It would be fun. I feel totally rested after the cruises this will be our third Disney cruise. They are amazing, our daughter is 9 and she is still so excited to go on this cruise lol.

When is your Birthday? and yes I am ready for my surgery I think LOL. I have my books, already read the first one started on the second. They are so much better than the movies :) I cant wait to get to the 4 th book, to the stuff I dont know !! Looking forward to it.

I need to go shopping soon. I need to buy stuff to make my chicken broccoli salad YUMMY!!!

You should pack your bags and hop on our cruise in December :D it would be really great to meet you and we could walk together in the mornings. It would be fun. I feel totally rested after the cruises this will be our third Disney cruise.

I am ready for my surgery I think LOL. I have my books, already read the first one started on the second. They are so much better than the movies :) I cant wait to get to the 4 th book, to the stuff I dont know !! Looking forward to it.

I would love to have your chicken broccoli salad recipe - that sounds good to me too! I made a yummy made-up Mexican chicken dish last night that involved our garten tomatoes, yellow pepper, onion, chicken & spicy cheeses wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla last night. Topped with lettuce & sour cream it was mm-mm good!

Oh my, would I indeed LOVE to join your on your cruise! I'm sure your family would be thrilled to have me invade your trip :eek: December is such a buzy month for us, I don't think I could squeeze in a trip that time of year even if you were serious though :cutie:

My b-day is the same day as your surgery - talk about 2 different experiences for that day :hug: Poor you having surgery, poor me turning 50! Oh well, I thank the Good Lord for every year He gives me.

Careful you don't read all your books before you are laid up a few days ;)

I think I've got about 3 of my 5 lbs dropped off already :yay: It may have been water gain as someone suggested on the South Beach thread. I dunno, having eaten absolutely no desserts for 4 mos & then having them basically daily for one wonderful indulgent week, and now off again cold turkey, my body is having some strange reactions. I really think I've got my metabolism straightend out on this South Beach. I highly recommend it if you're not satisfied with your rate of loss on your eating program. you could always try reading about it while you're recouping & see what you think. I felt the Dr. who wrote the book did a great job explaining in laymans terms how nutrition affects the way your body operates. Just a thought....

Have a good week-end!

I would love to have your chicken broccoli salad recipe - that sounds good to me too! I made a yummy made-up Mexican chicken dish last night that involved our garten tomatoes, yellow pepper, onion, chicken & spicy cheeses wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla last night. Topped with lettuce & sour cream it was mm-mm good!

There is no real recipe as far as measurements lol But It is Cooked chicken breast, Broccoli, red bell pepper, a pressed clove of garlic, cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, dill season to taste and mayo enough to just mix it together :)

Oh my, would I indeed LOVE to join your on your cruise! I'm sure your family would be thrilled to have me invade your trip :eek: December is such a buzy month for us, I don't think I could squeeze in a trip that time of year even if you were serious though :cutie:
Im sure my family wouldnt mind lol we always love to meet new people when we travel.

My b-day is the same day as your surgery - talk about 2 different experiences for that day :hug: Poor you having surgery, poor me turning 50! Oh well, I thank the Good Lord for every year He gives me. Well that will be a great day for you LOL not so much for me but the end result should be great :)

Careful you don't read all your books before you are laid up a few days ;)
I will save the last book for when im laid up it is over 800 pages long lol.

I think I've got about 3 of my 5 lbs dropped off already :yay: It may have been water gain as someone suggested on the South Beach thread. I dunno, having eaten absolutely no desserts for 4 mos & then having them basically daily for one wonderful indulgent week, and now off again cold turkey, my body is having some strange reactions. I really think I've got my metabolism straightend out on this South Beach. I highly recommend it if you're not satisfied with your rate of loss on your eating program. you could always try reading about it while you're recouping & see what you think. I felt the Dr. who wrote the book did a great job explaining in laymans terms how nutrition affects the way your body operates. Just a thought....
Glad to hear you have lost the majority of it :) I may look into it but im not to diciplined lol so I probably wouldnt stick to it. :)

Have a good week-end!

Thank you I did have a good weekend. I am really enjoying reading my books LOL

Mmmnn, your chicken broccoli sounds really good! I'm going to try that in the near future. Matter of fact, I made chicken tonight for dinner but DS didn't eat his since I brought him home a sonic burger when I got off work today, so if DH doesn't take it for lunch tomorrow....

About the discipline of South Beach, seriously, I don't feel like I have to stick to a diet at all. I still have mayo, cheeses of any kind & not low fat either, have sirloin burgers (not ground chuck or hamburger), eggs, nuts, organic p-nut butter, low fat/low sugar yogurts, lots of veggies & fruits.

I make chili, breadless pizza, steaks, chicken, chinese dishes, whole grain pasta & shrimp dishes. Sugar is the culprit so choosing foods that don't create excessive sugar in your body (enriched & bleached flours are 2 big culprits) is key.

Your chicken broccoli recipe is very south beach friendly due to the protein, cheese & veggies. Now the book doesn't boast having the higher fat cheeses or a lot of mayo, but I have it anyway.

From my own experience, several years ago I joined a health club to help get back in shape. Not that the exercise wasn't helpful, but I didn't alter the way I was eating. I tried cutting back on portions & make what I believed was better choices, but I was always hungry.

This time, granted I need to do more exercise - you are doing much better than I in that dept - but I'm getting results & I think it has to do with the foods I am eating working with my metabolism.

I really think you could do South Beach with no problem at all if you decided you wanted to. Look how great you've done sticking with your treadmill :cheer2: If only we could merge our efforts :idea: Your exercising, my diet :laughing:

Wait, my DH is doing that & he seems to be the one losing the most - those men, they have all the luck losing when they decide to diet, don't they?

Well, I went back to work today but I seem to have insomnia tonight. I need to try to rest so TTFN (ta ta for now)

I should Buy a book on South Beach and read it while I am laid up LOL. I Love my Chicken Broccoli Salad :) I wish I could eat it every day I throw in some almonds every once in a while too :) Yummy. I hate that guys can lose so fast but I guess thats not their fault LOL. GUESS WHAT I DID yesterday?

I Booked a trip to Disney for next year August 26th - Sept 5th 10 nights 11 days I cant wait!!! My goal is to lose my 100 lbs by then well I guess 85 LBS now by then lol. Little over a year away and I need to work my butt off to get there Literally LOL I figure less than a lb a week I can do that :) Hoping it is faster than that though :) With all this walking I will be in perfect walking condition for the parks by then :)!!!!!
My Husbands family may be joining us I am so excited to be bringing my niece for her first visit!! she is all into princess and Disney big time!! She keeps asking me to take her and now I will be :) She is my favorite LOL I have always had a special connection to her since she was born its wierd. She calls me My Jenny instead of Aunt Jenny LOL.
Now I have to wait Until February 27th to book my meals. The reason we booked this early is because they opened up free dining until Sept of nest year already. I wasnt planning on booking this early. Im just happy we had the Dates all picked. It took and hour to get through past the "all circuits are busy now" message then 1/2 hout on hold then only 20 minutes to book it yesterday LOL. I am very excited to be going again. This is the first year we will not be in the parks in 7 years @_@. Im having withdrawls LOL.
Ok I guess I can save some for another time LOL cant tell im excited can you I ought to use the energy on the tredmill LOL

WOW - I'm soooo excited for you :goodvibes

And jealous! You're going on a Disney cruise this year & WDW next! Lucky you :love:

I like hearing you talk positive, only 85 pounds to go :rotfl: You so own that 15 lbs, bye bye, not glad to have ya, don't come around here no more!

I've got my borrowed south beach book in the car, I have been terrible to our friends & kept their book since April :scared1: I need to just go buy my own so I can refer to the recipes. Really, I don't use it so much anymore. It seems once you get used to the program it's a no brainer. I don't think it's a hard to plan to follow at all. Let me know what you think if you decide to read about it while you're recouperating.

Good news! I officially have ALL my WDW gain OFF! So I'm back to where I was pre-Disney trip. An official 35 lbs off. Yesterday at the ball park I saw one of the moms I haven't seen all summer & got the music to my ears phrase, "Have you been losing weight?"

:yay: :dance3: :banana: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

I'm going to stay extra good until we have the week long celebrations starting this week-end. DS's 14th bday, my 50th b-day & hubbie & I's anniversary start next week! I'm glad I got those 5 lbs off cause I'm sure I'll be in the same boat a week from Monday :laughing: It's gonna be hard because with that much celebrating I am going to allow myself a little cake & probably even more alcohol :laughing:

I'll be remembering you on my birthday, I know it's going to be a rough day for you :hug: It'll probably be a rough day on me the following morning, only mine will be self inflicted :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter