Need to be held accountable LOL

Congrats on your lose! I am in the same position as you and have been doing the c25k program. My daughter and I are actually running in the Mickey's Halloween 5k on Oct 2. When we registered in February it sounded like a great idea, now I am scared to death I won't finish it. My goal is to lost at least 100lbs by Dec 2011. Good luck!

Congrats on your lose! I am in the same position as you and have been doing the c25k program. My daughter and I are actually running in the Mickey's Halloween 5k on Oct 2. When we registered in February it sounded like a great idea, now I am scared to death I won't finish it. My goal is to lost at least 100lbs by Dec 2011. Good luck!

That sounds like alot of fun I am sure you will finish the Mickey's Halloween
5k. you just have to set your mind to it. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey as well. please feel free to keep me posted on your progress. It is always encouraging to hear others have succeded where you are struggling. To know it can be done.

Congrats on your progress! You can do it!!! I'm going through
the same thing...just 3.5 months into it. And it does get easier...
and once you see the progress it gets addicting! :cheer2:

269 lbs not moving very fast. didnt walk yesterday i helped my sister out on her yard raking and planting grass. my body hurts wow. 5 hours of work will do that to a girl lol. Think I will take a couple days off until I dont Hurt so much!!

Here to encourage you :hug: Keep with it!! You are 6 lbs lighter than you were 2 weeks ago - that's progress :thumbsup2

You may have weeks you'll lose more, but I think 1-2 lbs per week is probably a safe amount to lose & be able to keep off. So your losing 6lbs already you are ahead of that.

I tell myself it took me years to gain this weight, so even if it takes me a year or 2 to get it off, that's okay as long as progress is being made.

BTW, we basically eat the same but DH is losing a little more than I - that's what I get for dieting with a man :rotfl: THey seem to be able to drop those pounds a little easier than we ladies :headache:

I need to get motivated like you & start more exercise. I'm impressed to hear how much you are moving :cheer2:

Congrats on your progress! You can do it!!! I'm going through
the same thing...just 3.5 months into it. And it does get easier...
and once you see the progress it gets addicting! :cheer2:

Thank you Im glad to hear it gets easier. I cant wait to see the results. I once made it down to 230 lbs but gained it all back due to being lazy and eating the wrong foods again. SO this time I plan to do it right.

Here to encourage you :hug: Keep with it!! You are 6 lbs lighter than you were 2 weeks ago - that's progress :thumbsup2

You may have weeks you'll lose more, but I think 1-2 lbs per week is probably a safe amount to lose & be able to keep off. So your losing 6lbs already you are ahead of that.

I tell myself it took me years to gain this weight, so even if it takes me a year or 2 to get it off, that's okay as long as progress is being made.

BTW, we basically eat the same but DH is losing a little more than I - that's what I get for dieting with a man :rotfl: THey seem to be able to drop those pounds a little easier than we ladies :headache:

I need to get motivated like you & start more exercise. I'm impressed to hear how much you are moving :cheer2:

I didnt lose any this week actually stayed the same 269 but that is par for the course and I did take 2 days off so But it is easier to get up and move these days. Thank you for saying youre impressed with how much Im moving that is extremely encouraging. I usually fight with the couch and the couch usually wins. but these days Im up and on my tredmill and it feels great. :) :)

I have noticed men lose weight faster I dont think thats fair at all even if we do the same things they seem to lose faster :( wish it were the other way around but at least we are all getting healthier because of my efforts:)(meal changes). Thank you everyone who is so encouraging it really helps keep me motivated.

I didnt lose any this week actually stayed the same 269 but that is par for the course and I did take 2 days off so But it is easier to get up and move these days. Thank you for saying youre impressed with how much Im moving that is extremely encouraging. I usually fight with the couch and the couch usually wins. but these days Im up and on my tredmill and it feels great. :) :)

It's okay to take 1 or 2 days off, sometimes you need to. Just resolve that you will not allow those short reprieves to turn into weeks. That's how we get into trouble.

I took a day off for Father's Day, enjoyed some BBQ ribs with my dad. I think I enjoyed them more since I haven't been eating stuff like that on a regular basis. But it was just a day, Monday AM back to the plan :thumbsup2

DH & I went to the local pool & starting swimming "easy" laps together. Aired up the bike tires too but it's been raining, but that's my next choice to get moving. DH does the treadmill at work, I don't have access to one. Do you watch TV or listen to music when you use yours? I think it would be easier to do that way.

Hope your week is going better this week :hug:

It's okay to take 1 or 2 days off, sometimes you need to. Just resolve that you will not allow those short reprieves to turn into weeks. That's how we get into trouble.

I took a day off for Father's Day, enjoyed some BBQ ribs with my dad. I think I enjoyed them more since I haven't been eating stuff like that on a regular basis. But it was just a day, Monday AM back to the plan :thumbsup2

DH & I went to the local pool & starting swimming "easy" laps together. Aired up the bike tires too but it's been raining, but that's my next choice to get moving. DH does the treadmill at work, I don't have access to one. Do you watch TV or listen to music when you use yours? I think it would be easier to do that way.

Hope your week is going better this week :hug:

I only took the 2 days off due to the work day i had at my sisters lol my body hurt to much lol. I have been pretty good otherwise lol. Im finding that on the days i allow myself to have a treat like pizza I enjoy it much more too:)
Swimming sounds great wish I had access to a pool for the summer maybe next year. I am trying to keep most of my exercise indoors on my tredmill I do enjoy my music while i am on my tredmill it makes it much easier to get motivated and keep moving. If i was watching the TV I might be tempted to sit on the tredmill and you know that wouldnt end so well LOL LOL

I do enjoy my music while i am on my tredmill it makes it much easier to get motivated and keep moving. If i was watching the TV I might be tempted to sit on the tredmill and you know that wouldnt end so well LOL LOL

See I would think if I was watching something I really liked on TV (Y&R soap) that an hour would pass quickly :laughing: I don't know, maybe not :confused3

I haven't lost in about 2 weeks & feeling frustrated, maybe annoyed. DH tells me to stay patient, he's in a slump too. But we press on.

I did a lot of yard work this weekend & some pool time as a reward. But I'm still a little sore from all the weed pulling ;)

How'd your weekend go :hug:

See I would think if I was watching something I really liked on TV (Y&R soap) that an hour would pass quickly :laughing: I don't know, maybe not :confused3

I haven't lost in about 2 weeks & feeling frustrated, maybe annoyed. DH tells me to stay patient, he's in a slump too. But we press on.

I did a lot of yard work this weekend & some pool time as a reward. But I'm still a little sore from all the weed pulling ;)

How'd your weekend go :hug:

I am down to 268 slowly losing but still losing :) I worked at a my aunts pizza place this weekend and ate pizza for dinner @_@ both nights. I was so sore from being on my feet for 6 hours saturday and 3 hours sunday but I still got on my tredmill and walked :) I figure if I let myself take time off I may not get back to it like I did in the past. I really want to stay motivated and on top of things this time. I felt good knowing I stuck to the walking even with all the extra work I did this weekend. I guess with the pizza I ate I needed the extra work lol.

but I still got on my tredmill and walked :) I figure if I let myself take time off I may not get back to it like I did in the past. I really want to stay motivated and on top of things this time. I felt good knowing I stuck to the walking even with all the extra work I did this weekend. I guess with the pizza I ate I needed the extra work lol.

ATTA GIRL - keep at it. It would've been very easy to have some "chair" therapy after standing for that long but you are disciplining yourself to do your workout - GOOD FOR YOU :cheer2:

And another pound off :banana: GREAT!!!!!!!!

I indulged in a small piece dad's birthday cake. In the past, I would have taken a HUGE piece with the same amount of icecream. But my Dad has had some medical issues this year, so I wanted to celebrate & have birthday cake with him. You never know....

After being in a slump for 2 weeks these 2 celebrations (Father Day's dinner last week & his birthday this week) don't help the weight loss but I keep telling myself, this is a lifestyle change & it isn't going to happen overnight. I've got to be able to go to celebrations & participate in life. So I'm telling myself that as long as I continue to maintain what I've lost already & spend the next few days being extra careful & get some exercise, I'll be back on track.

So that's what I'm going to do! Thanks for listening :hug:

ATTA GIRL - keep at it. It would've been very easy to have some "chair" therapy after standing for that long but you are disciplining yourself to do your workout - GOOD FOR YOU :cheer2:

And another pound off :banana: GREAT!!!!!!!!

I indulged in a small piece dad's birthday cake. In the past, I would have taken a HUGE piece with the same amount of icecream. But my Dad has had some medical issues this year, so I wanted to celebrate & have birthday cake with him. You never know....

After being in a slump for 2 weeks these 2 celebrations (Father Day's dinner last week & his birthday this week) don't help the weight loss but I keep telling myself, this is a lifestyle change & it isn't going to happen overnight. I've got to be able to go to celebrations & participate in life. So I'm telling myself that as long as I continue to maintain what I've lost already & spend the next few days being extra careful & get some exercise, I'll be back on track.

So that's what I'm going to do! Thanks for listening :hug:

Great decision:) I agree participate, never deprive yourself. If you feel like you are depriving yourself you may not continue. So wise choice smaller piece but you still had some :) So proud of you. Thats what i have been doing eating what I want just cutting down the portions. Its not like we eat cake every day :) so once in a while wont hurt, in my opinion.
I just wish I could lose this a little faster lol see results and it would be more encouraging to keep me motivated. I have found I have more get up and go now that i have been exercising more :) that is a really nice extra side effect of all this. It even helps strenghten my ankle which i broke last year. which was how i gain about 40 of these lovely LBS I didnt do much when I had my broken ankle and my ankle has hurt since so i used it as an excuse not to do anything but now i have brushed aside all my excuses and am pushing forward with losing weight. :)

Great decision:) I just wish I could lose this a little faster lol see results and it would be more encouraging to keep me motivated. I have found I have more get up and go now that i have been exercising more :) that is a really nice extra side effect of all this.

You & me both :dance3: I do wish it would come off quickly but if I get logical about it, it took some time to gain it all so it's going to take some time to get it off.

I seem to lose in splurts, nothing for days on end & then lo & behold, I'll drop 1-3 lbs at a time. But I only get weighed about every 7-10 days, I refuse to be slave to the scale. Now that I've dropped about 25 lbs I'm more in tune to my body & what I'm doing to it (treating it right or overindulging it). But I've been at it since April 5 so going on the 3 month mark I'm still happy with my progress. I lost about 12 lbs the first 2 weeks but that was the hideous phase 1 of South Beach where you are just removing all the sugars & processed foods from your body, it's extremely restrictive and hard to do. But now that we're on phase 2 & back to eating fruits, veggies, proteins & whole grains I don't desire the junk anymore. So with no more fast foods, desserts, chips & general junk the weight does come off slowly but surely. THe 2 celebrations didn't do me in I guess but I haven't gotten weighed in about 2 weeks, I just keep on plugging away making healthy choices.

ANyway, I STILL need to get more exercise. I've been working extra hours and by the time I prepare those healthy dinners & all that time chopping & dicing the fresh ingredients, cooking & cleaning it up I'm having trouble getting motivated to do anything afterwards. I really like being able to post back & forth with you to help confront my lack of motivation ;)

ANyway, I STILL need to get more exercise. I've been working extra hours and by the time I prepare those healthy dinners & all that time chopping & dicing the fresh ingredients, cooking & cleaning it up I'm having trouble getting motivated to do anything afterwards. I really like being able to post back & forth with you to help confront my lack of motivation ;)

I do my exercise in the mornings it actually gives me the extra energy to get up and go through the day. I thought at first it would make me tired but it actually wakes me and makes my body ready for the day. I have to be honest I havent added an extra 1/4 mile Im still at 1/2 mile in the morning and 1/2 in the evening i dont even know what i should be at but i find this enough for me at this point, I need to add more monday though I dont want to get too lazy lol.
I am enjoying posting back and forth as well It helps to know there is someone in the same situation out there. I like that we can be honest about our efforts :) or lack of them on some days LOL
I will be working at the pizza place again tomorrow not good for my eating habits but I like the extra $$ and the exercise is good being 267 LBS now (YAY) it is still a work out just being on my feet for that long. But after all is said and done im glad i did it it makes me feel good to get up off the couch and move :)Hope you Have a Happy Fourth!! My name is Jennifer or Jenn which ever you choose to use :)

I will be working at the pizza place again tomorrow not good for my eating habits but I like the extra $$ and the exercise is good being 267 LBS now (YAY) it is still a work out just being on my feet for that long. But after all is said and done im glad i did it it makes me feel good to get up off the couch and move :)Hope you Have a Happy Fourth!! My name is Jennifer or Jenn which ever you choose to use :)

APPLAUSE APPLAUSE for another loss Jenn! I hope the pizza day goes well. :offtopic: South Beach works on reducing your enriched &/or bleached flour breads intake. A friend of ours told us about making the "no bread" pizza. I really thought he was nuts, but we did try it. You are basically baking in a corning dish a dash of tomatoe sause on the bottom, I add bell pepper & onion, top with pepperoni & then my "real" layer of sause (no salt or sugar added tomatoe sause) spiced with basil, oregano & black pepper, topped with some good provolone cheese. Then I might add a smidge more pepperoni, a dash of sause & shreadded mozzerella on top. Bake about 20-30 minutes at 400 or until the cheese top looks like it crusting over, like a cassarole. You do have to scoop it into a bowl or I'll use a spatula to "layer" it on the plate to serve it beside baked chicken or a salad. Anyway, it's really good & satisfies the urge for pizza. :goodvibes But if we're in a group & there's pizza, I'll just peel the good stuff off the crust & only eat that.

We did some weeding in the garden this morning & had enough lettuce to make salads for dinner! Then we went to the pool, I was able to swim some laps. I too am feeling so much better, more energy & clothes fit much more comfortably. You're much braver than I, I just can't bring myself to post my weight but I will say that I am going in the right direction & have lost another 2 pounds since the last time I got weighed. I'm finding the longer I stick with it, the easier it seems to get. And I've survived the Father's Day, Dad's birthday & 4th of July celebrations, learning to just have a bite of something I want instead of hogging down a huge serving & then having seconds :rotfl:

It really is a lifestyle change. We knew this all along but it feels good to finally be motivated to do it :hug:

Tammi

P.S. I reread your post - up to 1/2 mile morning & again in evening? WOW - that's a mile a day. Can you imagine doing that a month ago? See how far you've come!!!!!!

We did some weeding in the garden this morning & had enough lettuce to make salads for dinner! Then we went to the pool, I was able to swim some laps. I too am feeling so much better, more energy & clothes fit much more comfortably. You're much braver than I, I just can't bring myself to post my weight but I will say that I am going in the right direction & have lost another 2 pounds since the last time I got weighed. I'm finding the longer I stick with it, the easier it seems to get. And I've survived the Father's Day, Dad's birthday & 4th of July celebrations, learning to just have a bite of something I want instead of hogging down a huge serving & then having seconds :rotfl:

It really is a lifestyle change. We knew this all along but it feels good to finally be motivated to do it :hug:

Tammi

P.S. I reread your post - up to 1/2 mile morning & again in evening? WOW - that's a mile a day. Can you imagine doing that a month ago? See how far you've come!!!!!!

Congratulations on your 2 lbs loss I wish I could lose 2 at a time or more lol. LOL I figure posting my weight when noone knows me or can see me isnt that bad LOL It helps me hold myself accountable if im not losing im not doing what i should. The pizza thing sounds interesting. Not so sure I could do it but i will try it at least once.
I have clothes from the last time I lost weight I made it down to 230. I cant wait to fit into them again. I even wore jeans!!! I felt pretty good about myself then I cant wait to get there.
Yes I am doing a mile a day sometimes I do the mile all at once if I have time. But no a mile seemed impossible a month ago, really wow It has been a month. I cant believe it!! I just need to keep myself going now.
I tried watching TV the other day on the tredmill it seemed to make the time fly by because i was caught up in the show and not watching the tredmill timer lol. So thanks for the idea. And you should know I didnt try to sit down to watch LOL

Congratulations on your 2 lbs loss I wish I could lose 2 at a time or more lol. LOL

I tried watching TV the other day on the tredmill it seemed to make the time fly by because i was caught up in the show and not watching the tredmill timer lol. So thanks for the idea. And you should know I didnt try to sit down to watch LOL

I haven't weighed in many days, I lost count. DH weighs almost daily - not me! By the time I remember, I've already showered, dressed & had b-fast so I ususally skip it but weigh in every 5-10 days so that could be why I'm seeing progress when I do :confused3 (well, plus watching what I choose to eat) :laughing:

Glad the treadmill watching TV went well for you :thumbsup2 Keep up the good work. Don't get discouraged if you're not losing as fast as you hope, doing that mile a day is building muscle and eventually the weight loss will follow with your eating plan. And just think, once you arrive, you'll look even better because your body will be FIRM :banana:

I'm on the countdown to our WDW trip & we prebooked with the DDP a month before we started South Beach so I've been thinking about how NOT to undo our 3 months of progress when we get there next month :eek:

Ugh I've been so far off the past month. I've been shopping for some active wear shorts so hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have enough exercise shorts for a week. No excuses that I have nothing cool to wear for workout in this summer heat.

It sounds like you are doing pretty good getting on the treadmill. :) WTG! I need to get back into staying on track with the exercise challenges here. I did well at getting in exercise when I followed them. The last few times I end up stopping. Back when dd was little I was doing good. I didn't see any loses but I was exercising and that alone kept my bp down enough I could be off the meds.

I just had my gall bladder out in April- I have dropped a ton of weight- 3 pant sizes! I am conviced- the lowfat-no fat way is the way to go. I eat fruit(heard better to eat on empty stomach-then eat your meal- helps with digestion- nuts, fruit, organic when I can- nothing out of a box- lean meats-no cheese(tear) yogurt- no fat-------------lots of salad(no dressing) cottage cheese-veggies in a little olive oil-salmon-grilled-

we have a juicer- my husband used it alot last end of summer-into October- his stomach went WAY down- thought it was the golf- now I believe it was the juice- I told him I am going to juice a piece of fruit every am. we'll see- it's hard some days-but trying clothes on in a different department is awesome! I have tremendous energy- my knees feel better- happier! You got the sstart down- you lost a lot already- good for you!:cheer2:

I just had my gall bladder out in April- I have dropped a ton of weight- 3 pant sizes! I am conviced- the lowfat-no fat way is the way to go. I eat fruit(heard better to eat on empty stomach-then eat your meal- helps with digestion- nuts, fruit, organic when I can- nothing out of a box- lean meats-no cheese(tear) yogurt- no fat-------------lots of salad(no dressing) cottage cheese-veggies in a little olive oil-salmon-grilled-

Sounds like you're doing well since your gall bladder came out :thumbsup2 When we were on vacation last summer I was having issues that turned out to be my gall bladder, so it came out last Sept. It took me a while to get to feeling better. Glad to hear you're doing so well only 3 months later :hug: I'm impressed to hear 3 dress sizes - wow!

Low fat is a great way to shed the pounds. Although we're doing our "tweaked" version of south beach, it sounds like we are essentially eating the same. It really does make a difference not eating the processed foods. No longer having dinners out of a box, fast food & junk like that & the longer you don't eat that stuff, the easier it is not to have it.

I didn't know before how wonderful olive oil is & now I'll never go back to cooking with margarine, crisco or any other kind of oil. Yeah for spices & olive oil :dance3:

I need to get back into staying on track with the exercise challenges here. I did well at getting in exercise when I followed them. The last few times I end up stopping. Back when dd was little I was doing good. I didn't see any loses but I was exercising and that alone kept my bp down enough I could be off the meds.

:cheer2: Encouraging you to jump into your new workout clothes & get back on the horse :cheer2: Are you still off your BP med?

DH is (almost) excited to go to the Dr. for his check up to see how his BP & cholestral levels are. I would love to see him be able to not need them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter