Need to be held accountable LOL

WOW - I'm soooo excited for you :goodvibes

And jealous! You're going on a Disney cruise this year & WDW next! Lucky you :love:Thank you :) We uaually go every year to the parks but this year we decided to just do the cruise :) so we could go longer next year.

I like hearing you talk positive, only 85 pounds to go :rotfl: You so own that 15 lbs, bye bye, not glad to have ya, don't come around here no more!Well I have to be positive or this whole thing wont work lol. So yes Bye bye 15 lbs :)

I've got my borrowed south beach book in the car, I have been terrible to our friends & kept their book since April :scared1: I need to just go buy my own so I can refer to the recipes. Really, I don't use it so much anymore. It seems once you get used to the program it's a no brainer. I don't think it's a hard to plan to follow at all. Let me know what you think if you decide to read about it while you're recouperating.I just need to get to a book store before then to check it out :) but that is my plan as of right now just need to rememeber lol

Good news! I officially have ALL my WDW gain OFF! So I'm back to where I was pre-Disney trip. An official 35 lbs off. Yesterday at the ball park I saw one of the moms I haven't seen all summer & got the music to my ears phrase, "Have you been losing weight?"

:yay: :dance3: :banana: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So happy for you. I knew you could do it!!

I'm going to stay extra good until we have the week long celebrations starting this week-end. DS's 14th bday, my 50th b-day & hubbie & I's anniversary start next week! I'm glad I got those 5 lbs off cause I'm sure I'll be in the same boat a week from Monday :laughing: It's gonna be hard because with that much celebrating I am going to allow myself a little cake & probably even more alcohol :laughing:See though you have learned you can enjoy some and still lose it again so as long as you dont over do no harm done :)

I'll be remembering you on my birthday, I know it's going to be a rough day for you :hug: It'll probably be a rough day on me the following morning, only mine will be self inflicted :rolleyes1Thank you I will try to get on that day to wish you a Happy Birthday But if Not Happy Birthday early ;) LOL

I am still walking but no weight loss but i can feel it getting easier not just walking on the tredmill but walking in general, then I will have my surgery and have to start all over :( but I need to get those pins out so hope I can make a complete recovery this time no swelling an maybe lose more weight faster since it wont hurt to walk.

I have a new incentive for walking now I have a whole year to get ready for my trip I need to be able to do my 4+ miles a day for the parks lol So after my surgery I need to start adding milage onto my walking. I know i keep saying this but i dont find the ambition to do it i quit at my mile :( Maybe walk more times a day for less miles?

Need to do something lol and stop just talking about it ;)

Well hope all is well with you Im still walking:) didnt get to the store to buy the book on the south beach diet but im going to try a different way first and see how it works out. I have 2 months before my Birthday and I want to see how much weight I can take off and keep off before then so beginning now let the LBS melt off faster!!!

Well hope all is well with you Im still walking:) didnt get to the store to buy the book on the south beach diet but im going to try a different way first and see how it works out. I have 2 months before my Birthday and I want to see how much weight I can take off and keep off before then so beginning now let the LBS melt off faster!!!

Hi there :wave2: I've been writing a TR so the time I spend over there on it has been consuming me when I'm not trying to get back into the routine of life :goodvibes

School started, DS's birthday party was last weekend & we're having family & a house full this weekend for my big five-O :scared1:

But I've been thinking about you & you're in my prayers that your ankle surgery goes smooth sailing on Friday :hug:

I don't have my South Beach book anymore. DH was ashamed of me for hogging it for so long & returned it to our friends :lmao: Maybe he'll buy me a copy for my birthday :idea:

While you're recouperating, read my TR. It's good for a laugh or 2. I have the link posted in my signature.

So with all the excitement coming up this weekend I may not be on the boards a few days but know that I'll be thinking of you with happy thoughts! I am really enjoying our exchange of support on this thread you started, how long ago now? ANyway, I'm going to be leaning on you for some encouragement next week, after all the parties & celebrating it's going to take some effort to get myself back on track.

I've been playing catch up since we got back from WDW & the laundry still isn't all caught up, don't have the groceries properly stocked so that's been making it harder to be good, I feel bad DH hasn't had his usual stuff to pack so that makes it hard on him. But he's been good spirited about it. And I think he's been up to something no good....plotting something with my friends......:rolleyes1

So I'll let you know next week what happened! But you, take care! Drink LOTS of water tomorrow, the day before your surgery, I did that before my gall bladder surgery last Sept 11 & it made it really easy when they put the IV on. And rest too. You will feel better if you're rested beforehand.

Take care :hug: :flower3: :goodvibes

Surgery went great feel really good. I can bare weight as I can stand. Just need crutches until I can bare all my weight. I weighed in at 273 at the doctors office:( :( Guess I need to work harder now. wasnt happy with that I think I will buy a new scale for home that is more accurate. But Happy to have this part over :) Hope your Birthday was alot of fun.

So glad to hear your surgery went well & that it's now officially behind you :hug:

Oh I'm sorry to hear you feeling discouraged over the weigh in at the dr. office. Personally, I find the scales at home & the dr's are always different, mainly because you weigh in the buff at home. Instead of comparing dr. scales to home scales did you find out if the dr. scales showed a loss from the last time you were at the dr. office?

Don't give up, you've got this surgery in the rear view mirror so once your ankle heals you can get back on track with your workout. As far as the weight loss, now that you've got some time on your hands as you recover do some web surfing on nutrition & find something you think you can stick with. I know it sounds structured but think of it like a trip to WDW. You can wing it or you can go with a plan. Which way usually results in a better trip experience?

I ate too much cake for my birthday and other goodies, mainly sweetened margaritas :rotfl: But it was fun. So I told myself I wouldn't weigh in today but I was off work & doing laundry (I seem to do a lot of laundry lately it seems) but anyway, the scales were there so I got on them. Lo & behold, I have gained too :mad: But I knew I would, but I can't believe I'm up 4 lbs! It's like WDW all over again :sad2:

So today it was back to the regiment, no bread for bfast, small lunch, reasonable dinner. We go to the school open house tonight, I get home & I'm cleaning up the last of the 2 sheet cake platter that was in the house from the weekend & you know what I do? Of course you do. I have a piece with a big glass of milk. And it was good :rolleyes1 Seriously, I'm DONE cheating now!!!!!!

There's only one big piece of cake left & I tell you I WON"T eat it. DS will enjoy that for an after school snack tomorrow and then that'll be the end of it - finally!

Oh well, birthdays only come once a year & fortunately we don't celebrate un-birthdays all year like the Mad Hatter :goodvibes

So back to the drawing board, I guess you'd say. But at least I did went to the pool yesterday & today and swam 20 laps. I'm actually able to do 10 free stroke laps in a row without stopping which is an improvement to when I started last month. After 10 I have to slow down & do some easy ones. I really enjoy it, I'm going to miss the pool when it closes next week. After Labor Day I'm going to start walking to replace my swimming exercises. And if our church is having Zumba classes this fall, I'm thinking about giving that a try. I think we just have to keep pressing on & not give up, don't ya think?

Well, I'll be thinking good thoughts for your speedy recovery & that you're back into your daily routine soon, only this time ankle pain-free :woohoo: :hug:

LMAO you made me laugh of course you ate the cake who wouldnt!! I know I would. I am proud of you for getting back on track so fast and those 4 LBS will wash right off like the dirt in your laundry LOL you do seem to be doing laundry every time you type maybe thats your down time ;) But it is exercise in a way so dont knock it.

GUESS WHAT!! Im going to Disney!! For my Birthday October 28th - Nov 1st my husband wanted to go so bad he told me to book a trip even though we are going on the cruise in Dec!!! I feel guilty for going on vacation so much but Happy at the same time lol. We got tickets for the Halloween party for Halloween night. We are surprising our daughter. And we are taking one of her best friends with us for her first trip since she was 2 yrs old. It will be so much fun!!

I got 1900 Park Fare, Sci Fi Dine In, Chef Mickey's, and then Coral Reef on my birthday. Still checking for Le Cellier :( no luck as of yet. Not to bad on only 2 months notice with free dining :) So much for my losing weight lol But I need to get my walking back up and going here soon so I can have stamina for the parks. I wanst planning on this trip at all.
Now I need to speed my losing up for this trip. maybe 20 lbs for this trip? 10 lbs a month? Not a bad goal.

GUESS WHAT!! Im going to Disney!! For my Birthday October 28th - Nov 1st my husband wanted to go so bad he told me to book a trip even though we are going on the cruise in Dec!!!

Yeah for you :dance3: I'm happy for you :yay:

I'm still trying to digest your comment my husband wanted to go so bad & not feel sooooo envious!!!! Oh lucky you, you have a disney loving husband. PRICELESS :banana:

Don't get me wrong, my DH enjoyed our last 2 trips but to say he loved it, nah, better to say he tolerated it :laughing: He'd much rather go to the beach to relax, swim & enjoy nice dinners out. I like disney but as long as we get to go somewhere together I'm happy.

Good golly the cravings for sweets since my birthday is ABOUT to do me in! After a weekend of indulging in cake & margarita's, getting back on track has been tough! Those carbohydrates call me like a lost lover lemme tell ya!

But tonight we had some "balanced" carbs, made spagetti (bought at Trader Joe's, no enriched flour but made from brown rice). I sauted olive oil, onion, fresh garlic, basil, oreganeo - added raw brocoli florettes - shrimp & then added the pasta with a heap of both shreadded mozerella & parmesean cheeses. The pasta got hard to handle with all the cheese, kinda sticky, but I only cooked long enough for the cheese to melt all gooey. Then topped with a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Yum, it was good.

Then I craved sweets. So I had a low fat, low sugar coconut cream yogurt while we watched some TV. So I did pretty good tonight.

Tomorrow's another day!

Hope your ankle is feeling better today. Hope you are too :hug:

P.S. You did great on your WDW dining ressies - keep trying everyday on line for Le Cellier, we finally got a lunch but then about a week before our trip, a dinner time opened up. We were so happy to get it, DH had never been there to eat. He really enjoyed it.

Yeah for you :dance3: I'm happy for you :yay:Thank you me too LOL

I'm still trying to digest your comment my husband wanted to go so bad & not feel sooooo envious!!!! Oh lucky you, you have a disney loving husband. PRICELESS :banana:

Don't get me wrong, my DH enjoyed our last 2 trips but to say he loved it, nah, better to say he tolerated it :laughing: He'd much rather go to the beach to relax, swim & enjoy nice dinners out. I like disney but as long as we get to go somewhere together I'm happy.It was funny he debated over it for 3 days but HE really wanted to go, I was fine with not going this year. I was all set for next years long trip.

Good golly the cravings for sweets since my birthday is ABOUT to do me in! After a weekend of indulging in cake & margarita's, getting back on track has been tough! Those carbohydrates call me like a lost lover lemme tell ya!LOL you alway make me laugh, I bet it is hard getting back on track after having sweets I have been pretty good for only 3 days no sweets and no salty stuff I actually ate a salad last night and it was soooo good lol. I was totally in the mood for it.

But tonight we had some "balanced" carbs, made spagetti (bought at Trader Joe's, no enriched flour but made from brown rice). I sauted olive oil, onion, fresh garlic, basil, oreganeo - added raw brocoli florettes - shrimp & then added the pasta with a heap of both shreadded mozerella & parmesean cheeses. The pasta got hard to handle with all the cheese, kinda sticky, but I only cooked long enough for the cheese to melt all gooey. Then topped with a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Yum, it was good.Sounds so yummy:) wish i could come have you cook for me too ;) LOL

Then I craved sweets. So I had a low fat, low sugar coconut cream yogurt while we watched some TV. So I did pretty good tonight.

Tomorrow's another day!

Hope your ankle is feeling better today. Hope you are too :hug:Thank you I am feeling better some days better than others but mostly good. pretty much the pain is equal to or less than before i had the surgery so doing really well. Not letting hubby know how well though LOL milking it for all I can get ;) He is heling with everything and so when I so something he is like how you feeling you ok? LOL Next week I will make a speedy recovery ;)

P.S. You did great on your WDW dining ressies - keep trying everyday on line for Le Cellier, we finally got a lunch but then about a week before our trip, a dinner time opened up. We were so happy to get it, DH had never been there to eat. He really enjoyed it.Thak you I was thrilled to get Cinderellas Royal Table for Nov1 that will make the girls very happy. I cant wait for Abby to realize we are going this is the first time we have ever surprised her with a trip.

Ok so with this surgery I have gained 5lbs back I need to get back on my tredmill next week and haul Hiney LOL I am changing my eating and adding more to my walking starting back out at 1/2 mile a day and then adding again since I had the surgery :(.

Ok so with this surgery I have gained 5lbs back I need to get back on my tredmill next week and haul Hiney LOL I am changing my eating and adding more to my walking starting back out at 1/2 mile a day and then adding again since I had the surgery :(.

Oh the agony of a gain :mad: :headache: :confused:

I do feel your pain. I had gained those 4 lbs from last weekend of debachery & gluttony. Was real good all week & had it off this morning. So what do I do tonight?

MIL took us out to eat for a late bday dinner for DS & I. Yes mam I had the cheese with potatoe soup for an appetiser & for dinner would've been good with the steak only their speciality is bbq ribs so I got a combo with a baked potatoe.

Oh, & I ate my salad bread.

And my husbands salad bread.

Plus 2 margaritas. Really, I'm not an alcoholic. I just seem to be drinking a lot lately. I'm 50 now so I have a reason :rolleyes1

:idea: Did I mention I was good at lunch?

Yep, carry out lunch with my dad. Had the Panera bread summer salad.

Except I ate the french bagette.

So in the final count we have:
Bread 3
Margarita 2
Potatoe 1.5 (afterall it was MOSTLY cheese soup)

which will mean another gain for me :headache:

AND the pool closes Labor Day :sick:

Well, anyway, enjoy your long week-end & dream about your exciting WDW trip. You'll be up & walking off your gain before you know it.

BTW, wish me luck. We're going to our friends tomorrow to watch college football, well, they are. I just visit & ignore the football BUT my gfriend enjoys her red wine which means I'll probably be having it with her.

Really I'm not a big drinker. SOmething about turning 50 every one finds it amusing to make the "old" person tipsy :confused3 :rotfl: :goodvibes

Oh the agony of a gain :mad: :headache: :confused:
Thank you Im not happy about that!!
I do feel your pain. I had gained those 4 lbs from last weekend of debachery & gluttony. Was real good all week & had it off this morning. So what do I do tonight?

MIL took us out to eat for a late bday dinner for DS & I. Yes mam I had the cheese with potatoe soup for an appetiser & for dinner would've been good with the steak only their speciality is bbq ribs so I got a combo with a baked potatoe.

Oh, & I ate my salad bread.

And my husbands salad bread.

Plus 2 margaritas. Really, I'm not an alcoholic. I just seem to be drinking a lot lately. I'm 50 now so I have a reason :rolleyes1LOL well I was bad tonight I figure I have to work hard when i get back to it so I had Pizza hut for dinner :( felt guilty but it tasted good at the time.

:idea: Did I mention I was good at lunch?yay:banana: for you :)

Yep, carry out lunch with my dad. Had the Panera bread summer salad.

Except I ate the french bagette.

So in the final count we have:
Bread 3
Margarita 2
Potatoe 1.5 (afterall it was MOSTLY cheese soup)

which will mean another gain for me :headache:boo to the gain :(:(

AND the pool closes Labor Day :sick:

Well, anyway, enjoy your long week-end & dream about your exciting WDW trip. You'll be up & walking off your gain before you know it.Thank you :)

BTW, wish me luck. We're going to our friends tomorrow to watch college football, well, they are. I just visit & ignore the football BUT my gfriend enjoys her red wine which means I'll probably be having it with her.

Really I'm not a big drinker. SOmething about turning 50 every one finds it amusing to make the "old" person tipsy :confused3 :rotfl: :goodvibesGood luck I bet you make a fun tipsy person and I would also bet you were a fun tipsy person before you were 50 ;)

So tomorrow I am going to try to walk a 1/2 mile @_@ Maybe to early yet but we will see I guess it is just driving me nuts not doing anything.

Ok so Im not perfect LOL I didnt start walking again yet I plan on it though :) I got my stitches out!! so now I have no excuses. Get back on that tredmill jennifer and work your butt off!!!

Ok so Im not perfect LOL I didnt start walking again yet I plan on it though :) I got my stitches out!! so now I have no excuses. Get back on that tredmill jennifer and work your butt off!!!

I'm all for getting back on the saddle, but what does the doc say?

You don't want to start too soon & create more pain for yourself. However, like you, I need to get some walking started. I tell you, this time of year is as hard to handle food wise as Christmas for me with the birthdays & anniversary. Oh, did I mention, my mom's birthday was last week too. Yep, more cake. And then tailgating this weekend for the HS games. Oh this is a tough time of year.

But it's a good day to be a BUCKEYE FAN :banana::banana::banana:

OSU 36
UofMiami FL 24

:dance3: :happytv: :yay:pixiedust:party: :dancer: :jumping1: :goodvibes

Doctor said Im good to go:) I just need to get off my Butt and do something now. I am just being lazy and not moving lol
I know I would have a hard time with parties and cake here and there and everywhere lol. It would be like life was torturing me into eating more. LOL I plan on walking tomorrow lets see if my butt will leave the couch, Im still writing so i have to be held accountable :) so hopefully that will work for me.

Doctor said Im good to go:) I just need to get off my Butt and do something now. I am just being lazy and not moving lol
I know I would have a hard time with parties and cake here and there and everywhere lol. It would be like life was torturing me into eating more. LOL I plan on walking tomorrow lets see if my butt will leave the couch, Im still writing so i have to be held accountable :) so hopefully that will work for me.

As I post to you, DH has left the house for a jog & with football on TV, that's dedication for him :lmao:

Yes indeedy, we need to be held accountable - that was supposed to be the point of your thread! (although I'm lovin' our pleasant exchanges about life)

Let's agree that we will BOTH do something on Monday :hug:

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Sounds like a plan to me I need to get into some sort of walking shape and fast now on a 40 day count down now to Disney!!! I need to walk or I will be one of those people renting a scooter :( Honestly I may still need to for EPCOT depending it will be the middle of my trip I will see how I feel. I had to before because of my ankle but this surgery was suposed to illiminate the pain so Im hoping it will do what it was intended to do :D So tomorrow will let me know alot but I will start out slow only 1/2 a mile.

P.S. Ask your hubby if I can barrow some of his dedication or ambition at least lol

Well, at least you walked a half mile. I failed miserably on exercising yesterday :sad2: but I ended up going to the dr. for a bug bite that wasn't healing on my leg. I was googling bug bites & worked myself into a freenzy Sun night worried about all the nasty things a bug can do to you.

Turns out I'm just fine but my legs have been eaten up pretty bad - DH says it cause I'm so sweet :lovestruc :goodvibes

But the good news is on the Dr. scales I have officially lost 38 lbs since last visit in 2009 - I'm so siked about that!!!!! And this was in the afternoon, after bfast & lunch, fully dressed wearing tennis shoes :woohoo:

Exercise isn't looking so good today, DS has sports tonight which means I have to wear long pants so the bugs don't bite me further....and it's hot!

So off to make a healthy dinner & wait for you to give me a hard time about getting my butt in gear & start exercising. I am going to think seriously about a plan, I need to figure something out to get moving.

Well, at least you walked a half mile. I failed miserably on exercising yesterday :sad2: but I ended up going to the dr. for a bug bite that wasn't healing on my leg. I was googling bug bites & worked myself into a freenzy Sun night worried about all the nasty things a bug can do to you.

Turns out I'm just fine but my legs have been eaten up pretty bad - DH says it cause I'm so sweet :lovestruc :goodvibesIm glad your legs are ok :) would have been worried for you otherwise.I had pretty bad bug bites myself this summer and I am so bad I dug them I have scars :(

But the good news is on the Dr. scales I have officially lost 38 lbs since last visit in 2009 - I'm so siked about that!!!!! And this was in the afternoon, after bfast & lunch, fully dressed wearing tennis shoes :woohoo:CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO proud of you:) keep it going dear :)

Exercise isn't looking so good today, DS has sports tonight which means I have to wear long pants so the bugs don't bite me further....and it's hot!

So off to make a healthy dinner & wait for you to give me a hard time about getting my butt in gear & start exercising. I am going to think seriously about a plan, I need to figure something out to get moving.
I feel we have reached the point in our friendship where I can be honest with you, Yes you need to get your booty in motion ;) lol If I can do it you can too. Remember no excuses ;) I admit I only walked 1/2 a mile but I did it. I just need to keep it going now and eventually sprint through the parks in 45 days :) I just wish I could lose the weight along with the walking LOL Maybe soon now that I have changed my eating too

I feel we have reached the point in our friendship where I can be honest with you, Yes you need to get your booty in motion ;) lol If I can do it you can too. Remember no excuses ;) I admit I only walked 1/2 a mile but I did it. I just need to keep it going now and eventually sprint through the parks in 45 days :) I just wish I could lose the weight along with the walking LOL Maybe soon now that I have changed my eating too

Think Elmer Fudd - can I do that on a DISboards? :confused3 :lmao:

I've been a bad puddy tat. No, I haven't exercised unless you count :laundy: yep, laundry! I've been doing that all day it seems. Today was my only day off this week.

But I have been sticking to my south beach diet really good, getting the house back to running in order & we started our Wed night class at church last night.

I know, I'm making excuses aren't I.

At least I'm good at it :cutie:

How's your week going? Your ankle doing okay after you started walking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter