my alli anyone?

Here is a receipe for fat free turkey gravy. I got it from my WW leader but I have not tried it myself.

Foolproof Fat-Free Gravy
Makes 2 1/2 cups

2 cups turkey drippings
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp unbleached flour
1/2 cup skim milk

Defat the pan drippings by placing them in a fat separator cup. (If you don't have a separator cup, pour the drippings into a bowl, add a few ice cubes, and skim off the fat once it rises and hardens.) Combine the fat-free drippings, pepper, poultry seasoning, and bouillon granules in a 1 quart saucepan, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. While the gravy is heating, combine the flour and milk in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and shake until smooth. Slowly add the milk mixture to the simmering broth, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Continue to cook and stir until the gravy is thick and bubbly. Transfer the gravy to a warmed gravy boat or pitcher, and serve hot with the turkey.

SERVING SIZE: 2 tablespoons
PER SERVING: 14 Calories, 0 g Fat, 0 g Fiber, 0 mg Cholesterol, 0.8 g Protein, 50 mg Sodium

Of course I wouldn't bathe the turkey in butter to cook it (like I used to do) or the drippings would have a lot of butter fat in it.

Okay I Bought Alli At The End Of Sept. Haven't Started It Yet. Just Never Seems Like The Right Time. But After Finding This Thread And Reading Your Experiences I Have Decided That There Is No Time Like The Present. So Tomorrow I Will Start My Plan. I Know This Isn't The Best Timing Considering Thanksgiving And Christmas Are Upon Us But I Think I Can I Think I Can

I've been wondering how everyone has been doing on this?

I saw this on TV the morning after Thanksgiving saying that it is approved by FDA but has some not so good side effects with loose BMs. However, it was reported that this product has success.

I do WISH everyone is finding the way that works for them and wonder the opinions here since many have been using this for a time now.

I just bought it... I am thinking about starting Friday. I am soooooooo afraid of the TE. What about nausea (sp?)? Anyone have any of that?

I am doing very well on it. I think yesterday was 18 weeks that I have been on it. With everythign else I have been doing (exercising at least 30 minutes a day, lots of water and healthy portions), I lost 33 pounds in that time, 53 pounds since the new year and my new healthier lifestyle started.

I am 2 pounds till my goal of being on the BMI chart for the edge of healthy/overweight line for my height. After the new year I want to focus on toning and maybe a new WW goal of the middle section of the healthy weight of the BMI chart.

I am not sure how mych longer I will stay on Alli though, I think 6 months is the max recommended. I know it is just a tool to get me to where I want and I have to keep the changes I made. I have to learn to keep me healthy but I have been overweight all my life and it is nice help to get me to "square one" for my new impoved healthier life.

Don't cheat though:rolleyes1

I did well on it for the 1.5 weeks that I tried it for in November... T-giving came and pushed me right off the wagon. I lost about 5 lbs that week.

I restarted on Sunday. I average about 15-25 g of fat a meal, and am at about 1400 calories a day.

I have had treatment effects, I guess, but nothing I couldn't control. I have one word for you... OIL. TMI, perhaps, but your BMs will be very oily. However, I see that as it working!

No nausea, no cramps, nothing like that.

Is anyone else here taking alli and a high blood pressure medicine? Wouldnt start taking it without asking my Dr. but thought i would ask here.

If I ate every meal at Ponderosa it would have the same effect as if I took Alli. I'd like to try it but I don't dare, I usually get crampy and half explode anytime I eat at certian restaraunts.

I'm still thinking about ALLI -
I'm pretty chicken
I can't help but think about Phen-Phen (or whatever the name of that drug was)...

Hello all! Congradulations to everyone who seems to be doing so well on My Alli! It is very inspiring! I've decided this year I will be very COMMITED to my weight loss goals! I think as a new year challenge to myself I'm going to try and stick to My Alli! Anyone want to join me? I'll probably go start a thread about it that way I won't hijack this one... Let me know what you all think! Thanks!

Glad to read everyones responses here. I am considering using this also. I am 48 and will be getting married this November in Disney and really want to lose weight before then (at least 40 pounds). I was wondering what everyones long-term results were. After you go off did you put the weight back on? I have a Drs. appointment next Wednesday and I will probably speak with him about this before starting anything.

Thanks,
Linda

I am soooooo chicken. I bought it before Christmas and I am so afraid of using it. I was planning on starting today :confused3

Kat thanks so much for posting your experiences!!

I also purchased MyAlli, but I have not started it yet - there's always tomorrow!!

I'm running in the Disney Half Marathon, so I set a goal to start using it after that!! I'm trying not to alter my program too much until after that!!

But, its just sitting in the bottle, right next to the computer! One day at a time. I'm focusing on healthier choices, and portion control.. and drinking more water and less Dr Pepper!!

I did it... I started last week (January 2) and I am down 4.5 lbs. No side effects or treatment effects. I would say try it don't be afraid... I was but it's worth it.

I have a question for those who are taking it. The book says take it with your meal. Does that mean before during or after or does it matter.

I decided to give up on it... I really didn't see any results that I didn't see from a low-calorie plan and exercise, without it.

However, I wouldn't be afraid of it and if it can help you stick to your plan, it is worth the $$ for you.

I think the treatment effects are highly overexaggerated in the media.... I could eat up to 30 g of fat in a meal and nothing. Maybe that is why it didn't really work for me. :laughing:

I did it... I started last week (January 2) and I am down 4.5 lbs. No side effects or treatment effects. I would say try it don't be afraid... I was but it's worth it.

I have a question for those who are taking it. The book says take it with your meal. Does that mean before during or after or does it matter.

You can take it up 1 1/2hrs after a meal. Just when starting a meal, with a meal or immediately after is probably most effective. Taking it in advance of meal is less effective (like 1-2 hours before).

I actually purchased some to use in June when it first became OTC. I've used it, but didn't notice much effect other than slightly looser stools. I didn't see any acceleration of weight loss. However, it has no effect if there is no fat in your diet, and I have really been strict about fat in the diet. I have also had some crampiness, like before my period.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I have been doing WW, Alli and stepped up my hours in the gym so I can't say for sure that it is Alli but the combination of all is going great. I only take it for lunch and dinner. I figure I will use up the bottle and then be done just stick to WW and the gym. I only need to lose 10-15 lbs so I am hoping by the end of the bottle WW and the gym will be fine.

I tried it a couple of weeks ago. I took one pill and felt like crap (no pun intended) for 3 days after. I did not eat anything high fat at all.:confused3 My stomach was gurgly and a bit sore all that time.

I tried it a couple of weeks ago. I took one pill and felt like crap (no pun intended) for 3 days after. I did not eat anything high fat at all.:confused3 My stomach was gurgly and a bit sore all that time.

This is pretty much how I feel after I take it, but only for a couple of hours--it usually clears up by the next morning, the latest. I only take it for the evening meal, because for breakfast I have fruit, and lunch is a salad with some grilled chicken cut up on it with fat free dressing (that I bring from home). The evening meal is usually whatever I am preparing for the family. Yesterday we had grilled buffalo wings, celery, broccoli. I made baked fries for the family, and I had maybe three of them. Thursday evening, I had the same thing, but, it was the first day of my period, and I had my cramps. I hurt so bad from the combination that I wasn't able to exercise. But, it does help with the constipation.

When the Alli (Orlistat) was prescription only, I very rarely prescribed it for my patients, mainly because I want my patients to like me and to come back and see me. Reading and knowing the potential side effects of the medication was very daunting for me. Now, I let patients know it is available and let them decide if they want to try it. I did, and I think that I was correct in thinking that some (most) of my patients would not have liked me if I gave them a medication for weight loss that didn't really make them lose weight much faster than they would on their own, but gave them stomach cramps and diarrhea as side effects.

I have had no side affects except for one day I started it on January 7th and have lost 4.6 pounds so far. I also incorporated it in with me doing Weight watchers. So far so good for me. I have lost a total of 6 pounds. So I am happy with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter