• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

my alli anyone?

My husband and I are really considering trying alli... either before or after our Sept WDW trip.

I have lost 43 lb since Feb 6, by following a strict 1200 cal diet with every other week cheat days and TONS of exercise. I don't really track fat but I track calories through sparkpeople and fat g tends to stay under 40g a day... I still have about 25-30 to lose, and DH has 40-60 to lose... do you think alli is for us? Any suggestions? I am going to go back and read all the pages of this thread.

Thanks!

My husband and I are really considering trying alli... either before or after our Sept WDW trip.

I have lost 43 lb since Feb 6, by following a strict 1200 cal diet with every other week cheat days and TONS of exercise. I don't really track fat but I track calories through sparkpeople and fat g tends to stay under 40g a day... I still have about 25-30 to lose, and DH has 40-60 to lose... do you think alli is for us? Any suggestions? I am going to go back and read all the pages of this thread.

Thanks!

Why not buy one bottle and you can both try it out :confused3 I have read so many conflicting stories about this pill, seems to work great for some and not at all for others

Good Luck in your weight loss !

Anyone getting headaches from the pills? I've had a headache for 2 days now.:sick:

I haven't gotten any headaches at all, I hope they go away :wizard:

I started last Tuesday. Today I am down 9.5 lbs.
Ive stayed under my 1200 calories and well under in my fat and been doing pilates and weight lifting every day.

Will keep you posted!

Ive stayed under my 1200 calories and well under in my fat and been doing pilates and weight lifting every day.
HOLY SMOKES! That is terrific!!!

It does not seem to be working for me at all- it does say on the bottle that it isn't for me as my BMI falls into the normal range, I thought I would try it anyway, as I have have between 10-20 pounds I should lose. I am using it with WW, which I have been on for 9 months.

Will keep you posted!

wow that's awesome !!! congrats !!! :banana:

HOLY SMOKES! That is terrific!!!

It does not seem to be working for me at all- it does say on the bottle that it isn't for me as my BMI falls into the normal range, I thought I would try it anyway, as I have have between 10-20 pounds I should lose. I am using it with WW, which I have been on for 9 months.

I'm sorry it isn't working for you, but it sounds like you are doing GREAT with WW !! :banana:

I think that DH and I are going to try it after our WDW trip in September, so basically Oct 1. I have about 30 lbs more to lose, 15 to be in my BMI range, so hopefully it will help with that and with whatever weight I put on during my 2 week vacation. :laughing:

I will keep everyone posted once we try it!

So is this pill only for people with a small to medium amount of weight to lose? I thought that when it was Xenical it was for very over weight people.

DH & I started today doing a combo of WW & Alli - we will not start the pill until Friday though.

How is everyone doing?

Honestly--I really watch what I eat. I stay under 1200 calories a day. Each meal I can have 12 grams of fat but rarely do I hit that amount of fat. My snacks are things like veggies or fruits. I do have the 100 calorie snack packs on hand if I get the craving for junk food. There are times when I do splurge and have 1 slice of cheese pizza because I figure if I allow it once in a great while, I'm less likely to fall off track.

I exercise no less than an hour a day. I either do pilates or aerobics then afterwards I will lift weights, do squats, lunges, situps,and push ups. I've also started parking in the farthest spot from the store, work, school to walk. anytime I can fit in any extra exercise, I do. Weather its a bike ride, walk or just running around outside after the little ones. If I see an opportunity, I grab it. Instead of sitting in front of the tv, I will do sit ups or leg lifts or grab the 5 lb weight because I could be moving while watching. thats all in addition to my 1 hour I allote myself.

Im also giving myself milestone treats. Like at 10 lbs I went and had a facial and my eyebrows done. At 20 lbs I'm going to have my hair redone. (right now its brown w/ the blond undercoloring but its becoming too popular and I want something different) Just little incentives that I already give myself but have to wait till I hit the weight loss goal before I give in!

Wow smfritz, that's great!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have to lose? Were you trying a 1200 cal diet before Alli or did you coincide the beginning of the diet w/ the Alli?

I think I might try this after we get back from WDW on Sept 26th. I have this sneaking suspicion that my 30lbs left to lose will turn to 40 by the end of Sept. :guilty:

I want to lose 30 lbs and that will have me in my target for my height. I was almost 190 when I started and down to 173 now. Anything less than 160 and I'm happy. Just 4 years ago I weighed 130 lbs and that was not enough for my height. (I'm 5'9" 1/2) So I will settle for 150-160. Also, I am very athletic--love playing sports and coaching the kids. So I want to have awesome muscle tone at the expense of what it will show me looking on the scale. I've learned that it's not what you weight--but in the reason why you are that weight. Since muscle weights more than fat, but is leaner--I want that look vs the rail look w/ no muslce tone! lol

The 1200 calorie diet I started when I started Alli. I will do blueberry or honey oat waffles by Kashi or honey nut cheerios (with or without milk) for breakfast or something similar. A weight watchers or lean cuisine meal for lunch since im on the go at work. Dinner varies--last night we had taco salad (no tortilla chips) and still stayed under.

Thanks for the info!!! Have you had any "effects"?

I started at 218 and have gotten down to 174 through a 1200 cal diet, lots of exercise, and some use of the Mega-T Green Tea supplement. I am also very active, hit the gym 4-5 times a week and play ice hockey. I am 5'8 and want to be 145, but I would be happy with 150.

My daily diet sounds pretty similar to yours... I also do a psuedo McMuffin for b-fast, which is a 100-cal English muffin with a 1/4 of nuked eggbeaters and a few reduced fat bacon bits. Lean Pockets bacon,egg,cheese is another option for me.

I just know that our Sept trip (14-26) is going to throw me off, and I thought maybe Alli would help DH and I get back on after our trip.

Haven't noticed any effects at all. But I can't think of really going over my fat intake either. I'm too scared to attempt that! I'm not sure if it's the pill or the eating right w/ exercise that is making me lose the weight and get in shape. But that pill sure makes certain I don't have the urge to slip and stop in at a fast food restaurant for dinner when we are in a rush! lol I have noticed that I have to make myself eat anymore. I just am not hungry at all.
I know a few days I was lucky to hit 600 calories and I am burning more than that in a day.

Wow--you have done really great!!! :banana: I think as long as you watch portion size at Disney, you will do enough walking around to burn calories!

Thanks!!! It has been a struggle.

However, I know myself (and my DH) well enough to know that 12 days at WDW will be a hit to my loss. Also watching portions on the DDP is very likely not to happen. I am just trying to set up a game plan to recover after the fact! :laughing:

If you want or need more support, check out the Peeps thread! There are lot of great people in there. It is already a really long thread but you can just jump in at the end and everyone is very welcoming. :goodvibes

I still haven't started the pill, our start date was supposed to be Friday last week but I came down with strep throat and didn't want to mess up my antibiotics by taking alli - besides I wasn't eating anything and lost weight. Our start date to take the pills will be Friday.

I've lost 3 more lbs this week. I haven't been able to exercise w/ the schedule between work, my school, kids school and cheerleading. But going to get back on track today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter