my alli anyone?

Have been looking into this. I need to loose about 10, well more but ten to get back to where I was last year, LOL. I've been trying but have had a crazy 2 months and have just stalled. Thought this might help with a kick start.

There haven't been any posts for awhile, how is everyone doing? Still using it or have you stopped?

I never could remember to take it so I just stopped but like you I need to lose a least 10 (secretly hoping for 15) I don't know if anyone else has had luck? I have it in the cabinet so I should take it again.

I had a lot of luck with it. I "mostly" weaned off of it a while ago and only take it once in a great while when I know I am going to have a "bad" meal.

I am a 27 year old, who does at least an hour of cardio 5 times per week and eats fairly healthy. Is there anyone else in this situation who is looking to lose 10 lbs and has tried Alli? I'm nervous to try it, and will def be waiting until summer vacation, as I am a teacher and have very limited and time controlled bathroom breaks.

Wow, this thread kind of went dead. I just started taking alli this evening with dinner and I'm anxious to see how it works. I'm a teacher too, so I figured I'd do this now and make sure I can manage any TE's as running to the bathroom in the middle of my huge French 1 class probably wouldn't go over well. :) Hopefully more people will jump in now that it's summer!

If anyone is still on this thread I thought I'd let you know that I just completed 1 full day on alli and lost 1.8 pounds (doing wii fit too). No TE's so far, but I didn't max out my 19 grams of fat per meal, so no problem. Went shopping yesterday and found some things that are low fat, but it's tough - either things are fat free or loaded with fat.

I thought I'd update anyone looking at the alli board - I've been on it for 10 days now and have lost 6 pounds. No joke! I also do wii fit and I'm religiously counting the fat grams and calories. It's WORKING and I can't believe it! I have had no TE's and I even went to see Harry Potter yesterday and had a medium popcorn with a smidge of butter (didn't take an alli until last evening). Still losing! If anyone is on the fence about it, I'd say try it, this is the first thing that has worked for me.

Hi,
I have been thinking about Alli for awhile. I actually bought it when it was on sale but I am so afraid to take it. :rotfl2: I guess the fear alone would help not eat the bad stuff.

Please keep posting~~

Hi PB - I've been on it now for 2 1/2 weeks, lost 9 pounds (I am exercising as well) and have had NO treatment effects. Before alli, I used to eat whatever I wanted, didn't think about calories, fat, carbs. But now, I'm really watching my fat and calorie intake. It hasn't been too hard, but it does take planning. And my DH is grumbling because there are no chips or ice cream in the house. :lmao: I feel so much better, just after 2 1/2 weeks, stronger, lighter, younger! You CAN do it, believe me. I haven't seen this kind of results for me ever, so I'm going to stick with it. Good luck, and keep us posted on how you're doing.

So how did you prepare to start? What are you eating now? I would like to lose like 20lbs. I attend fitness bootcamp 5 days a week and I don't eat THAT badly. I do have my occassional treats and if I really wanted something that I probably shouldn't have I get it. I will never be supermodel thin and I am fine with that. I just want to be healthy.

I didn't really prepare, I just made sure that I had my fridge stocked for a few days with fruits and veg (luckily I LOVE them) and bought some boneless, skinless chicken breast, then jumped right in. I've had no problems whatsoever. It sounds as if you won't need to adjust too much at all if you're already eating right and exercising - I bet you'll be just fine and will drop those extra 20 easily. On the alli website they have a pretty good community board and a registered dietician has put tons of information in there that is really helpful. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Oh sorry, about what I'm eating now. Luckily I love chicken and fish, so that's my main source of protein and since it's summer I'm grilling a ton of veggies. I use low fat stuff, but I don't go crazy with it, because I found that I can use the real stuff, just less of it. My meals have to be 15 grams of fat or less and I'm supposed to have 1800 calories per day, but I find that it's hard for me to make that every day - I'm usually in the 1400-1500 range. I also avoid all of the whites - flour, sugar, potatoes and stick to whole grains. I make sure to take my multi-vitamin, E, Omega 3 and Calcium every day just to be sure I'm getting all of my vitamins, and I really do feel great.

For anyone who is looking on this thread - I've now lost 14 pounds using alli and wii fit. It's been 3 1/2 weeks and I can't believe it. These really are the best results I've ever had! PB if you're still out there, I'd love to know if you started with alli or not and if you've had any luck.

I have a question. Is it the actual Alli that helps you loose the weight or is it being too scared to eat fatening food because of the side affects?

I want to loose my last 10 lbs but it is getting hard. I've started eating right again and continue to do my daily pilates for exercise. Depending on your answers I'm contemplating trying Alli.

Thanks Everyone!

Deb

I have a question. Is it the actual Alli that helps you loose the weight or is it being too scared to eat fatening food because of the side affects?

I want to loose my last 10 lbs but it is getting hard. I've started eating right again and continue to do my daily pilates for exercise. Depending on your answers I'm contemplating trying Alli.

Thanks Everyone!

Deb

Hi there! From what I understand alli blocks a small percentage of the fat that you eat, so it doesn't get absorbed into your body. It doesn't suppress your appetite or anything like that (I wish!). When you eat over the suggested amount of fat grams per meal, you have the "treatment effects" which I guess can be horrifying. My sister tried it but didn't change how she ate and had some bad experiences, if you know what I mean. I haven't had any problems, but I've followed the plan religiously for almost 4 weeks (lost 14 pounds). It's not hard for me at all and I bet if you eat right, you'd be fine taking the alli. You have to have some fat in your diet for your body, so they don't want you to completely eliminate fat. The website is pretty good for getting more info - good luck to you if you do decide to try it and let us know how it works for you!

Hi there! From what I understand alli blocks a small percentage of the fat that you eat, so it doesn't get absorbed into your body. It doesn't suppress your appetite or anything like that (I wish!). When you eat over the suggested amount of fat grams per meal, you have the "treatment effects" which I guess can be horrifying. My sister tried it but didn't change how she ate and had some bad experiences, if you know what I mean. I haven't had any problems, but I've followed the plan religiously for almost 4 weeks (lost 14 pounds). It's not hard for me at all and I bet if you eat right, you'd be fine taking the alli. You have to have some fat in your diet for your body, so they don't want you to completely eliminate fat. The website is pretty good for getting more info - good luck to you if you do decide to try it and let us know how it works for you!

Thanks! My coworker purchased some but she only uses it when she knows she isn't going to eat anything fatty..lol She said she would give it to me to try if I wanted. I think I will since it's not hard for me eliminate fat in my diet. I'll go on the website and see how much is allowed per day.

Thanks Again,
Deb

Thanks! My coworker purchased some but she only uses it when she knows she isn't going to eat anything fatty..lol She said she would give it to me to try if I wanted. I think I will since it's not hard for me eliminate fat in my diet. I'll go on the website and see how much is allowed per day.

Thanks Again,
Deb

Good luck and let us know how it works! Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter