my alli anyone?

I just ordered Alli today. I think it may help me, and the side effects may be bad, but from what I understand, if you are careful, you won't experience them. All the more reason to stick to the plan!

I am really so very tired of not being able to take the wieght off and keep it off.

If this gives me the push I need, I think it will work.

Congrats to all those who have been losing!

Ok 2 weeks and I am down 10.7lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been walking at least 2 miles everyday and at about 15 g of fat (I can have 19g per meal)

Yayyy!

WOW! That is awesome. Have you experienced any bad side effects? I have not tried Alli yet but, I am really interested. OT but, I love your wedding picture in your siggie!!

WOW! That is awesome. Have you experienced any bad side effects? I have not tried Alli yet but, I am really interested. OT but, I love your wedding picture in your siggie!!

Thank you. No side effects whatsoever. My husband started Monday and he is down 7lbs.

Thank you for the comment about the pic!

If you have any questions I would be glad to help out if needed.

Just an update for anyone wanting to know if Alli works, I am down 19 pounds in the 9 weeks I have been on Alli !! I imagine I would be down even more if I didn't have a Vegas trip and a birthday the past month :rolleyes1

I have had no side effects at all, and until this past week, minimal excercise

So don't be afraid to try it, it really seems to work for me :banana:

Congrats to all those who have lost weight and good luck to those trying !!!

How is everyone doing?

I am down almost 15lbs total.

Personal Question - Please feel free to PM me. I have lost 25 pounds so far this year with diet and excrecise but I have hit a plateau and I have a lot more weight to lose! For those who have had Treatment Effects - do they occur when you go to the bathroom, or could I be sitting at work and have leakage? Sorry, I don't know how else to phrase it. I am really thinking about starting this on Friday.

Thank you,
Kelly

Question - Is there anyone that was actively dieting prior to adding Alli to your diet plan? Did Alli seem to make a big difference in increasing the amount of weight you were loosing. Was it a big difference or just a couple of lbs a month more? I have been doing Weight Watchers for the past 8 months actively and have lost about 35 lbs in that time (60 over the past 2 years). I would love to kick it up and loose an additional 4-5 lbs or so a month. Are you finding it working that way? I've been trying to decide if I should try adding Alli to my plan since I already have a low fat diet. Thanks for any info you can offer.

Question - Is there anyone that was actively dieting prior to adding Alli to your diet plan? Did Alli seem to make a big difference in increasing the amount of weight you were loosing. Was it a big difference or just a couple of lbs a month more? I have been doing Weight Watchers for the past 8 months actively and have lost about 35 lbs in that time (60 over the past 2 years). I would love to kick it up and loose an additional 4-5 lbs or so a month. Are you finding it working that way? I've been trying to decide if I should try adding Alli to my plan since I already have a low fat diet. Thanks for any info you can offer.

I tried this. I had lost about 15 pounds on WW and added Alli to my WW routine. According to the Alli bottle- Alli is not for me, because I had a BMI in the healthy range. I took a capsule with every meal and never had treatment effects aside from 1 or 2 occasions where my stomach would churn a little bit. It did not kick my weight loss up at all. I stayed the same weight for 3 weeks on Alli. I think my diet is very low fat anyway so that may be why I wasn't seeing much impact.

Tomm is 12 weeks since I have been on Alli. I have lost 21 (hoping for 22) lbs in that time, 42 since I started my weightloss goals the first of the year.

Okay, Can you ladies help out a ALLI newbie? I have tried losing weight before. Then we moved to Cali and the weight got even worse:sad2:

SO..... I plan on starting to eat better and try ALLI.

DO you just get the pills or does it come with detailed directions? I have researched it on the internet but would like and actual book.

Was anybody else scared to take it or am I the only scaredycat:rolleyes1

April

I'm starting a diet this week, and I may try Alli when I'm off work for 2 weeks in Dec. (I'm afraid of having the side effects at work!) I'm interested in the answer to this question as well.

I think in KarlaG4Kids' case, she should really ramp up the exercise. You also might want to Google "The Wendy Plan" for WW users. It's when you alternate the amount you eat and exercise during the course of a week.

Hello! I wanted to share what I have been able to accomplish over 8 weeks.

I was 163 when I started only with NutriSystem 8 weeks ago (I am 36 and 5ft 5 in tall). I bit the bullet and spent well over $300 on their food plus all the fresh fruit/veggies they ask you to supply yourself...I did this diet religiously for 4 weeks...wrote everything down, no cheats at all, went back to the gym 3-4 days a week and only dropped to 156 (it was ok but I really expected more since I ate TERRIBLY before starting any diet)...
I could not bare the thought of spending another $280 for the food shippment for 4 more weeks so I started looking into Alli :surfweb: . I read about the horribe warnings of TE's but then was pleasantly surprised that SO MANY people don't even experience these...found a starter Alli program kit for $39.99 and thought I would try it....since I had been on NS for 4 weeks, I was already in the know about portion control, writing stuff down and exercise so I crossed my fingers and started Alli :scared1: .....
4 weeks later I am down to 143.5 and no TE's (and I have a terrible stomach...I thought at one point over this summer that I had I.B.S. because I would get such back pains but I now I realized it was really just from all the bad food I would eating). I cannot tell people enough about how much I love this product. I get to eat better on this than NS...usually a Lean Cuisine for Dinner and steamed veggies which really fills me up!... I have to say since starting Alli I only exercise 2 or 3 times a week and even had a cheat day (Sunday's when DH is home and we watch football! :cheer2: ) and I am STILL LOOSING WEIGHT! :woohoo:
I do write every single thing down and track it on MY ALLI but it helps to see that I am getting the right amount of carbs, protien, FATS, and calories. I still have 8 more pounds to go to reach my goal of 135 by my Christmas Trip to Disney on 12/18/07 and I really think I have a great shot at reaching that goal :dance3:
I hope that anyone "thinking" about starting Alli will see this as one more reason not to be scared and go for it...I know reading the positives was the only reason I got the courage and yeah for all you!!!:grouphug:

Stephanie, thanks for your story!

I think I am going to start this for real on Friday.. I have been on the fence about spending the money. I had lost 45 lbs w/ low calorie as of Sept but 2 WDW trips have derailed me and I have gained 5-8 of it back, and I think I need a kickstart. I really need to lose at least 30 more.

So tell me to get off my butt and spend the money! $40 isn't that much, equivalent to one bad-for-you restaurant meal!

Okay thread hog (and thread-killer) here... I bought Alli on Wednesday and started it last night, as they recommend. So far no treatment effects, although I am only on my 2nd pill. I get up late on weekends so I will likely only be taking 2 each weekend day and 3 each weekday.

I am 5'8" and weighed 180.2 as of this morning. I would like to weigh 145/150. My start weight in February was 218 but I have lost almost 38 through diet/exercise alone... however, I have lost nothing since Sept so I am hoping this is a jumpstart.

I try to hit the gym at least 4 times a week, 25-30 min of cardio and 2-3 times adding weight training, so I supposed I belong in the "moderate" activity range.

I have been doing 1200 calories, but it recommends 1800 for my height/weight/activity level... I may compromise and do 1500. Any suggestions from those of you who have had success with Alli?

Ok so i am going to buy it tomorrow. What are you plans for Thanksgiving? The day of feasting??
I am 169 now and I would like to be at 130, that i was 1.5 years ago. So 39 pounds to go for me.
I would like to be down at least 15# before I leave for DL for Christmas.

I am on day 6 now, and was 176 as of this morning. So roughly 4 lbs in 6 days, not too shabby.

So far, no real side effects. I have noticed a bit of oil, but no sudden or uncontrollable type issues. Yesterday I had 2 meals, one w/ 24 g fat and one w/ 26 g fat, just to see, and it seemed to go okay. I have been sticking to approx 1300-1500 calories.

For t-giving I think I am going to feast but not take Alli for that day. It may come back to haunt me but at least I am at home! :laughing:

Hey all - I've been on Alli for just over three weeks now. No TE so far, thank goodness even though we did a couple of food & wine events at Epcot over the last few weeks. I've only lost about 4 pounds, but I'm okay with that. My main reason for deciding to take Alli was that I needed to lose about 10 pounds to fit into a bridesmaid dress, and the wedding is smack dab in the middle of the holidays. Alli has definitely proved to be a great willpower enhancer! :laughing:

Speaking of holidays, does anybody have any recipes or suggestions for Thanksgiving next week? I'm planning to make a few "safe" items (cranberry relish, angel food cake, maybe low-fat mashed potatoes) to take to the in-laws next week. Here's the cranberry sauce I plan to make:
Cranberry-Orange Sauce

The cooking time in this recipe is intended for fresh berries. If you've got frozen cranberries, do not defrost them before use; just pick through them and add about 2 minutes to the simmering time. Orange juice adds little flavor, but we found that zest and liqueur pack the orange kick we were looking for in this sauce.

Makes about 2 1/4 cups
3/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 (12-ounce) bag cranberries , picked through
2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)

Bring water, sugar, orange zest, and salt to boil in medium nonreactive saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Stir in cranberries; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until saucy, slightly thickened, and about two-thirds of berries have popped open, about 5 minutes. Off heat; stir in orange liqueur. Transfer to nonreactive bowl, cool to room temperature, and serve. (Can be covered and refrigerated up to 7 days; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter