Mom & Son Going Back! 10 days DxDDP! Complete 10/2 - LTT, GG & Cost Totals

I'm in (even though I'm a...Yankees fan) ;)!

We are leaving 3 weeks from tomorrow so perhaps our dates overlap? We have a boy who's 14.5 in our family. My PTDR will be up soon.

Enjoy!

and both SOX fans (didn't you love last night!!!) thought I'd post our plans - Reg DDP as I still think DxDDP is too much for us, current plan is for no park hopping and all meals are dinners

Monday - MK - Liberty Tree Tavern
Tuesday - AK - Boma
Wednesday - Epcot - Biergarten (had a wonderful meal last year!)
Thursday - DHS - 50's Primetime
Friday - Epcot - Via Napoli (DD's choice - not too excited myself)
Saturday - probably working on DD's new place - no park plans - Cape May Cafe or Cap't Jacks
Sunday - MK - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Monday - open - DME @ 4PM

Somehow we're very heavy on buffet type meals this year. Didn't plan to but it just worked out that way :confused3. LTT is an old friend we haven't visited for years, ditto WCC. I have been trying to get to Boma & CMC for a while & dang it we're going this year!! And I loved Biergarten last year, sat with a lovely, engaging German couple & had a great time.

Definitely enjoyed last night! Hoping for the same result tonight! Just quick looking at our plans, it appears we will both be eating at Via Napoli on the
2nd but we will be there for lunch.

Awesome! I just read a review of Garden Grove on this board and it looks delicious!! I wish I had more days to fit in more restaurants. I can't wait to read what you think of it!! Have fuN!!! :yay:

Yeah, I saw a review on the Board as well. Never even knew it was there. Figured since we will have to pay out of pocket anyhow (we recheck in for the dining plan the next day), may as well try something new especially with the coupon!

I'm in (even though I'm a...Yankees fan) ;)!

We are leaving 3 weeks from tomorrow so perhaps our dates overlap? We have a boy who's 14.5 in our family. My PTDR will be up soon.

Enjoy!

Just posted on your report! :) Our dates overlap for sure but doesn't look like any of our plans do! You never know, we may cross paths! We won't hold the whole Yankee fan thing against you! LOL

So I truly thought I was done on Friday. The perfect trip. Of course I have come to realize that all of the plans have been perfect because after all, it is Walt Disney World! But since I can't seem to stay off the Disney dining site, I was poking around yesterday. And lo and behold a Cali Grille ADR popped up at 7:30 on a day Wishes is at 9. :goodvibes So of course I had to take it and then juggle a few other things.

Then last night I was thinking that I kind of regrettedcancelling our CRT breakfast. I know the food isn't all that great. But I do like eating in the Castle and we have never done breakfast. So just for grins and giggles I plug in a date that we will be in the MK ... and what happens? An 8:25 pops up! :wizard: That didn't require much juggling, only cancelling Crystal Palace.

So today, I am regretting that somewhere along the way I cancelled our breakfast ADR for Kouzzina. The only day I can come close to working it in is a day that we have Le Cellier at 5:30. Booked Via Napoli at 11:30. I am sure I can't get Le Cellier any later right? Wrong! I popped in and a 7:15 is available! :lovestruc So I moved Via Napoli to 2 and added Kouzzina. Kouzzina will be out of pocket so DH and I will probably share something.

I am amazed at how lucky I was this weekend in changing around some normally very tough to get ADRs for a trip that is just over two weeks away. Proves that a bit of perserverance can really pay off!

Glad that you've had such good luck in getting some nice ADR's at the last minute! I agree - persistence is key. If you keep checking, you can virtually get anything you want - that's how I've gotten quite a few Le Cellier lunches and 'Ohana dinners at the last minute.

Looking forward to the reviews :)

Glad that you've had such good luck in getting some nice ADR's at the last minute! I agree - persistence is key. If you keep checking, you can virtually get anything you want - that's how I've gotten quite a few Le Cellier lunches and 'Ohana dinners at the last minute.

Looking forward to the reviews :)

:welcome: It is such a cool feeling to score a hard to get ADR at this late date! Funny thing is that I had most of these back in February and changed them! Now I am circling back! :headache:

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews as well!

Congrats on getting pixie dusted! pixiedust: I'm pretty sure you'll have awesome time with all those hard to get ADRs. It feels so nice to score those. I want to share with you that I also scored CG for 5:30 on the night we'll be attending Wishes Dessert Party! :banana: It'll be perfect since we are only interested in sushi this time.

I am fighting the desire to rethink my entire dining plan because of you!!!!! I've already made more changes this year than all previous years combined and I'm not gonna change anything else!!!!

(and wasn't last night beyond scary?!?! Sorry to the Yankees fan :rolleyes:!!)

Congrats on getting pixie dusted! pixiedust: I'm pretty sure you'll have awesome time with all those hard to get ADRs. It feels so nice to score those. I want to share with you that I also scored CG for 5:30 on the night we'll be attending Wishes Dessert Party! :banana: It'll be perfect since we are only interested in sushi this time.

It is amazing to score the hard to get ones so late. It is actually an addiction. I have to force myself to just stop!

I am fighting the desire to rethink my entire dining plan because of you!!!!! I've already made more changes this year than all previous years combined and I'm not gonna change anything else!!!!

(and wasn't last night beyond scary?!?! Sorry to the Yankees fan :rolleyes:!!)

For what it's worth, I am really trying to stay off the site so I really think I am done! I cannot believe the changes I have made. And to think in years past I made my ADRs and 180 days and was actually happy with them! :laughing:

I went to bed after the 7th. Love Beckett but man he drags out a game! :upsidedow Woke to the happy news! :cheer2:

I went to bed after the 7th. Love Beckett but man he drags out a game! :upsidedow Woke to the happy news! :cheer2:

The announcers actually commented on how long Beckett takes. I guess there's a "rule", certainly not enforced concerning how long a pitcher can take. Its like 12 seconds once the ball is back in his hands. Beckett routinely takes 30-35 seconds adding 1/2 hr to games in which he pitches!!!!

I'm excited for your trip, it sounds fabulous! Be sure to take some pictures of your snacks if you can because there's a couple that I haven't heard about that sound fantastic. Have a great trip! pixiedust:

Wow! Awesome Pixie Dust! Can't wait for your reviews...
I think i have (gasp) given up on the tweaking - I am going in Oct free dining.....

So awesome for y'all!

Another Sox fan here! I love how you constantly change your ressies... you have me surfing around to see what's available for my upcoming trip. Although, I only need a one person ressie, so I can usually score a seat at the bars for a quick bite. I'm a TIW fan, since I like to have an alcoholic drink with my meal and that's 20% off, too!!

Can't wait to read your reviews when you get back. Hope you have a fabulous trip!!

The announcers actually commented on how long Beckett takes. I guess there's a "rule", certainly not enforced concerning how long a pitcher can take. Its like 12 seconds once the ball is back in his hands. Beckett routinely takes 30-35 seconds adding 1/2 hr to games in which he pitches!!!!

Yeah, its crazy. And he certainly isn't the only one. Plus the batters that have to fix everything just so before every pitch. Games just keep getting longer and longer. Sox are inept tonight! :headache:

I'm excited for your trip, it sounds fabulous! Be sure to take some pictures of your snacks if you can because there's a couple that I haven't heard about that sound fantastic. Have a great trip! pixiedust:

Thank you! I definitely will take the snack pictures. My "men" are pretty conditioned not to take a bite of anything until I get my picture! :laughing:

Wow! Awesome Pixie Dust! Can't wait for your reviews...
I think i have (gasp) given up on the tweaking - I am going in Oct free dining.....

So awesome for y'all!

I am just over two weeks away and am not sure I can stop tweaking! More power to you if you can! ;)

Another Sox fan here! I love how you constantly change your ressies... you have me surfing around to see what's available for my upcoming trip. Although, I only need a one person ressie, so I can usually score a seat at the bars for a quick bite. I'm a TIW fan, since I like to have an alcoholic drink with my meal and that's 20% off, too!!

Can't wait to read your reviews when you get back. Hope you have a fabulous trip!!

I would love a TIW card but we only go once a year so no AP's for us. I do have a gift card all set aside for a few beverages though! :rolleyes1 I will be sure to take pics of those, too! I am looking forward to trying different ones this trip. We had the wine plan last trip so we were kinda of wedded to that. Not that it was bad, just will be nice to have a choice this year.

can't believe the way they keep pulling these games out of their...(you know where!!) Then I'm too hyped up to sleep.

These next 2 weeks are going by SOOO slowly. Had my son's wedding to distract me for most of the last 6 months but now I'm just WAITING!!! Glad you're willing to talk to me!!!! :hug:

can't believe the way they keep pulling these games out of their...(you know where!!) Then I'm too hyped up to sleep.

These next 2 weeks are going by SOOO slowly. Had my son's wedding to distract me for most of the last 6 months but now I'm just WAITING!!! Glad you're willing to talk to me!!!! :hug:

LOL! Yeah, I am so antsy for the next two weeks to go by. Last day of work is the 19th. On the train on the 20th to my sisters. Then the 25th to Disney. Never been away from home for two weeks before so I am hugely stressed about packing, the cat, the various transporations, etc. The next 8+ days are going to be super stressful but I know it will all be worth it when I get to Disney!

Can't wait to read your reviews! I'll be there during that same week enjoying Disney food as well! Glad I'm not the only one who flip flops on ADRs. I still feel the need to mess with my dining reservations with only two weeks to go until we leave. I must be stopped!

And I just have to add that the Sox are my AL team I always root for, unless they are playing my beloved Phillies ;)

Can't wait to read your reviews! I'll be there during that same week enjoying Disney food as well! Glad I'm not the only one who flip flops on ADRs. I still feel the need to mess with my dining reservations with only two weeks to go until we leave. I must be stopped!

And I just have to add that the Sox are my AL team I always root for, unless they are playing my beloved Phillies ;)

And I root for the Phillies when they are not playing the Sox! :goodvibes Maybe we'll be squaring off in the World Series this year! :thumbsup2

I have still been tweaking things, even today! It is an addiction! :laughing: I don't know what I am going to do with myself when I get back and don't have a trip to tweak for! :sad1:

Hope you have a great trip!

Subbing! Not a Sox fan, but a Yankee fan, also from Upstate NY and on deluxe dining. Plus, our trips overlap for like, two days!

Looks like we will be having breakfast at Kona and dinner at CG on the same days :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter