MMMM So Good! Trip Report #2, Jon turns 39, again!

Loving all your pics!
I feel as if I'm right there too.
Riding EE twice would do me in for sure. :scared1: That ride gets me everytime. It's too bad to because it's a great ride.

Don't flamingoes get pink because of the shrimp brine they eat?

Loving all your pics!
Riding EE twice would do me in for sure. :scared1: That ride gets me everytime. It's too bad to because it's a great ride.

Why yes they do! - By Crikey!
steveirwin.jpg

Impaled by a ray...what a way to go! :sad2:

Loving the TR...the part about being at South Fork, we WERE there last year( my DSIL lives in Plano where SF is) and it really DID look like South Fork!! :lmao:

Glad you boys had fun... the trip looks amazing!!:hug:

I went to Plano, TX once when I was in college and of course we took the tour of South Fork.....I remember telling the tour, "Can we please go see were Pam fell out of the hay loft???" I grew up watching Dallas and I had just about all of the DVD sets......

Wolfing down a banana pop will pick you right up every time. :thumbsup2

Yes it will!!!! I really do like that those things.....;)

Loving all your pics!

Rosie, Im so glad you are loving it all! We love EE and Im wondering if that was the cause of my issues.....

And yes, its b/c of the shrimp they eat.....;)

Why yes they do! - By Crikey!
steveirwin.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:Wally, I do love you....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Jeff I grew up watching Dallas too...glued to the TV to see WHO SHOT JR! Those were the good ole days!popcorn::

So continuing on with Day number 2.....

We got back on the bus to head back to WL. By now, Jon's breakfast was wearing off and it was getting time for some lunch. The plan was to go back to Roaring Forks and get some lunch, take it back to the room and change for the pool. It took FOREVER to get back to WL from AK. I failed to mention before about the bus ride that morning, it also made a stop at Blizzard Beach. So before heading back to WL, we had to make another stop at Blizzard Beach then back to WL. You could tell that the folks going back to GF were fustrated as everyone else.

So we head back to WL and we stop and picked up lunch to take back to the room. We just ordered one meal and we got this......this was 1 CS credit...

IMG_2687.jpg

Roast Beef with crumbled blue cheese and creamy dill sauce. It came with macaroni salad, bag of chips (we could have got a dessert, but we got chips instead) and drink.

It was very tasty. Jon and I were able to split it and it was perfect to tie us over for dinner later that evening. The roast beef was paired well with the cheese and I like the dressing that went on it. The CM that fixed the sandwhich looked at me stranged when I asked him to remove some of the bread inside the roll.....the roll was huge and I don't like a lot bread with my meat.....overall the lunch was good.....;)

Jon said that he felt like he had been in a car wreck from riding EE 2 times....I guess he really felt like he was approaching his 40's....:confused3...so he got on the floor to stretch out....

IMG_2688.jpg

After an afternoon with a good lunch and self healing seminar....we decided to go on a letterbox hunt. We changed into our swim gear and flip flops and I sprayed down with some sunscreen and headed out in the "Wilderness." There was a clue that led us to the Nature Trail located on the WL grounds. We both like to hike back home in the moutains in Asheville so we were excited to see a little Florida nature.....

I was scared to find snakes and alligators so we were cautious on our hunt for the box.....

And we did find it! Yay! And it didn't take long......

DSCN1952.jpg

So we did our thing and documented our find in our Letterbox Log Book.

DSCN1954.jpg

We are truly addicted to this new hobby and it was fun to add it to our trip at Disney. Each box contains a booklet documenting everyone that has found it and its cool to read about the other fellow boxers who sloved the clue....:goodvibes

We headed back down the trail to go swimming at the pool and to grab a cocktail at the pool bar. I was feeling much better by this time until I heard a roar of thunder come across the MK Resort Area.....:eek:

So, the hunky lifegards started to tell folks to get out of the pool.....it was going to be closed down until the afternoon storm passed away.....and there I stood with all that sunscreen on! :guilty:

What did we do then? We go and grab a snack

DSCN1957.jpg

I got to craving for something sweet and nutty.....A MAGIC BAR!!!!

All I got say is mmmmmmmmmm so good!!!!!! It's a combination of cookie type graham crackers with chocolate chips and buttersotch. Also, there's nuts and coconut.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm goood! Love them! I used one snack credit for it....;) I have the receipe now!!!! Yum Yum!

So we head back to the room to change back in our park attire. I had to jump in the shower to get that sun screen off of me. I felt like I had primed my skin with Kelz Paint Primer.....nasty stuff!

We were ready to hit DHS! So we hopped on the bus and off we went. But 1st there was a stop at Ft. Wilderness to pick up some folks there....:confused: The bus ride took forever again.....by this time, I wish we had a car....anyway...we arrived at MGM, I mean Hollywood Studios...whatever its called now.....

DSCN1958.jpg

It was jammed packed here folks! All the Fast Passes were taken at just about every ride, except for Tower or Terror...

We knew it was going to be a busy week, so we didn't care. We had some more Letterbox clues to slove that were in DHS, so we spent some time doing that. Sorry, I can give any more details on our finds......we did some shopping too. There was another cute gay couple we met at a pin trading cart that was looking for Woody from Toy Story and we had one. They had nothing to trade so we just gave it to them.

We had a 540p ADR at....
DSCN1959.jpg

We walked on over to Sci-Fi

Jon loves this place....it was one of his favorites last trip!
DSCN1960.jpg

So, we check in and we waited. And waited. And waited. And waited some more.....It had just started to storm again and the folks that were finished with dinner actually stayed at their "cars" until the rained lifted. We actually were "parked" by 6:15pm. The CMs were sorry for the wait...we understood, you just can't run off guests after they finished dinner....they have every right to stay as long as they want, but people, we were hungray!

Our car hop was the percious and cutie pie Ryan. And he was fabulous! He took our orders....such a sweet guy!

Jon had a cherry coke and and I had a diet vanilla coke. For our meals we ordered these...
DSCN1965.jpg

Jon's choice, and it was excellent. He loved it and cleaned his plate. I like it too! Big ol plump shrimp...mmmmmm

I got the ribs....
DSCN1966.jpg

They were okay.....kind of fatty, but some good peices here and there. I got fries to go with it.

For dessert we got .....

DSCN1967.jpg

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake.....mmmmmmmm so good! Loved it.

Jon got a hot fudge sundae but I did not take a pic of it.....

So we enjoyed the show....we were in the back seat of the car....;)

DSCN1961.jpg

Ryan, our car hop, came back with some moist towel packets and said "Here's some protection for you guys....." We just cracked up and he just winked.....you go Ryan Boy! ;)

After dinner, we went under the hat to buy.....

DSCN1969.jpg

Yep, you guessed it....MORE PINS!

DSCN1971.jpg

It was all good! Jon had a ball adding to his collection....btw, we have over 500 pins now. Had a total of zero since the beginning and that was in January this year!!!

Okay, I have to take a break now....Photobucket is killing me!

Next up...a Magical Surprise!!!!!!

Wow :eek:
There was soooo much in this last installment I could twist.
But I'll hold my tongue.
Where would you like me to hold it? ;)

I will tell you riding EE makes my head feel weird. I can handle it once or twice, but after the second time the backwards part makes me feel strange. I will also tell you that we never manage to spend more than a couple of hours at AK because we go in the summer and it is just sweltering. One of the managers at Boma told us AK is typically 10 degrees hotter than any of the other parks. The other thing about AK is that the air doesn't move so you feel like you are suffocating.

Jon is a BRAVE boy to lay down on the floor in a hotel room. :scared: Ick.

The transportation at WL just about sent me over the edge. We were there for 9 nights in Aug. '07 and it was really hard to judge travel times because you never knew how many stops there would be before you actually arrived at your destination. That, and the fact that the (EMPTY) bus to WL from DTD blew right by us without stopping. We ended up riding the bus back to the Contemporary and taking a boat to WL. Insane. :sad2:

It's amazing how fast the pins multiply. We have recently decided not to bring our entire stash of traders. We are each bringing about 50 pins to trade, and we have agreed to leave our lanyards in the room some days. DH and DS swear they best night of the trip last year was the night I was sick and they went to MK by themselves WITHOUT me and WITHOUT the pin lanyards. :guilty: Made me kind of sad.

Lovin' the TR so far....

I also got light headed after riding EE twice in a row (go figure)....but a brief time off the rides made it all good...

I've never heard of the letterboxes....interesting....

Can't wait to see what you have coming next....

loving the report! I can't believe you didn't stop in and have a cocktail in teh Territory Lounge - love this bar!

Oh and the lamp posts LOL I love them too - so much that Restoration Hardware used to carry mission style like that - I have 3 at my house.

You guys look like you are having a blast - more pics please! :thumbsup2

Been LOVING the trip report. Nice to see the hubby has the Pin Addiction like we do. There's not one pin store we don't stop numerous times, kicking and pushing small children and cute puppies and kittens out of the way, making sure we get the best ones.

Great TR so far!

And whats with everyone getting sick on EE? :confused3 That thing is a kiddie coaster!

Been LOVING the trip report. Nice to see the hubby has the Pin Addiction like we do. There's not one pin store we don't stop numerous times, kicking and pushing small children and cute puppies and kittens out of the way, making sure we get the best ones.

Hey, I'm all in favor of kicking children and cats, but don't kick the puppies!

Why thank you doll - Give me all your money!;)

Honey, I am broke. I just got back from Disney!!!

Wow :eek:
But I'll hold my tongue.
Where would you like me to hold it? ;)

You are crazy......!!!! Twist as in Chubby Checker or Twist as a bread tie?

I will tell you riding EE makes my head feel weird. I can handle it once or twice, but after the second time the backwards part makes me feel strange. I will also tell you that we never manage to spend more than a couple of hours at AK because we go in the summer and it is just sweltering. One of the managers at Boma told us AK is typically 10 degrees hotter than any of the other parks. The other thing about AK is that the air doesn't move so you feel like you are suffocating.

Jon is a BRAVE boy to lay down on the floor in a hotel room. :scared: Ick.

The transportation at WL just about sent me over the edge. We were there for 9 nights in Aug. '07 and it was really hard to judge travel times because you never knew how many stops there would be before you actually arrived at your destination. That, and the fact that the (EMPTY) bus to WL from DTD blew right by us without stopping. We ended up riding the bus back to the Contemporary and taking a boat to WL. Insane. :sad2:

It's amazing how fast the pins multiply. We have recently decided not to bring our entire stash of traders. We are each bringing about 50 pins to trade, and we have agreed to leave our lanyards in the room some days. DH and DS swear they best night of the trip last year was the night I was sick and they went to MK by themselves WITHOUT me and WITHOUT the pin lanyards. :guilty: Made me kind of sad.

You learn something new everyday on here....I had no idea that it was hotter at AK!

Im glad that its not just me on the side effects of EE. I can take it maybe once or twice too!

I loved the boat transportation, after this trip...I detest the bus service at WL. It was so much better at SSR, JMO.

The Pins are all over our house. I was putting away our suitcases and I heard something rattle, and I looked inside and it was a dang pin!!!!!

I told Jon when he got on the floor, "now you have no idea who has been on the floor!" He didn't care, he said he helped his back..... :confused3

I didn't wear my landyard as much as Jon did, I kept pins in my pocket and just pulled them out when we started to trade with CMs.....

Lovin' the TR so far....

I also got light headed after riding EE twice in a row (go figure)....but a brief time off the rides made it all good...

I've never heard of the letterboxes....interesting....

Can't wait to see what you have coming next....

Im so glad Gypsybear, enjoy it! More to come my pal....so, Im not the only one who suffers from post EE disorder??? ;)

The Letterboxes are crazy....Jon is not as into it as I am, if they contained Disney Pins, then he would be all over it.....

Working on the next chapter now!;)

really enjoying your trip report - cannot wait to read more.

WALLY BEHAVE!

Thanks Timrobb! More is coming shortly, hopefully! Wally never behaves....:lmao:

loving the report! I can't believe you didn't stop in and have a cocktail in teh Territory Lounge - love this bar!

Oh and the lamp posts LOL I love them too - so much that Restoration Hardware used to carry mission style like that - I have 3 at my house.

You guys look like you are having a blast - more pics please! :thumbsup2

Hey Tony!!! Haven't seen you in forever on here! I know, we hung out at the pool mostly, the bar was wonderful there too!

Im so glad that Im the only one who likes the lamp post and I do love me some Restoration Hardware!!!! I hate they don't carry them anymore or I would have gotten all what they had in stock! ;)

Thanks for reading!!!

Yall would get along so good! We now have another book bag thing that is FULL! What in the world are we going to do come our next trip...??? :confused3 He loves them....and We're there with ya on pushing the small kids away...."Oh Excuse me, but you need to move your child....there's a LE I need to grab!"

Great TR so far!
And whats with everyone getting sick on EE? :confused3 That thing is a kiddie coaster!

Thank you OM! Not sure what we are suffering from on EE....Its does seem like its nothing, but its got some of us in tizzie....

Hey, I'm all in favor of kicking children and cats, but don't kick the puppies!

Yeah, don't kick the puppies!!! ;)

Hey, it depends on if the Pin is limited edition or not!

Ain't that truth? :rotfl2:

I loved the boat transportation, after this trip...I detest the bus service at WL. It was so much better at SSR, JMO.

Great TR; I think you'll like staying at BWV next trip as both Epcot and DHS are accessible without bus transport.

But I'll hold my tongue.

Wally holding your tongue??..then this line must be killing you...

There was another cute gay couple we met at a pin trading cart that was looking for Woody from Toy Story and we had one.

...I can't be the only one who caught that am I???:confused3
...now I feel dirty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter