Mission Space Press Event - Loot Giveaway

lentesta

DIS Veteran
Hi folks,

Got back from the big WDW Press Event late last night. They gave us a lot of interesting loot:

Black Mission:Space tote bag.
Wishes wristwatch
Mickey t-shirt
Pal Mickey
Kodak disposable digital camera and photo album
Pop Century Rubik's Cube
Lion King dominoes game
a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jam(?)

and a bunch of other smaller stuff. Also picked up an exclusive CD from the press event, which looks to have PhilharMagic-related information and MP3s on it.

I figured I'd give all this stuff away (except for the food - I really like PB&J). Let's come up with a fair, preferably interesting way to distribute the loot. Readers of the 2003/2004 Unofficial Guide should get priority. I'll pay for shipping. Post the ideas here.

The Pal Mickey has been offered to DIS member Mike, whose son's PM was stolen last month. Other than that, it's all up for grabs. Looking forward to seeing some suggestions!

Sincerely,

Len

I dunno, Len, you may have gone off the deep end here. Doesn't everyone already have a Rubik's Cube? ;) :wave2:

One thing you might consider is having a contest. It could be something like "in 25 words or less, why should you get [insert item here]." Instead of that, you could also judge the entries based on whether they contain any usable comments for the next edition.

Or, you could have an auction and donate the proceeds to charity.

I'll be returning with some "loot" of my own pretty soon. The FTP includes a "Character Framed Art Keepsake." I wouldn't be opposed to selling it or giving it to someone who may want it more than I do. I'm considering just picking some family semi-randomly when I'm at WDW and giving it to them. Perhaps someone here has some suggestions regarding this item? ::yes::

I don't have any ideas for you. But I just wanted to say that I think it is wonderful of you to do that!!!!

Glad that you had a good time at the press event.

um . . .*shyly* I have bought the UG every year since my first adult trip in 1996. I was even quoted in last year's edition (reader from Murray, KY who was complaining about EE being taken over and replaced with Character Caravan). I would love the stuff. Would groveling at your feet and begging work? ;)

Seriously, I think the PB&J is hilarious! Wonder why they gave that?

Maybe you could ask some questions about the UG and those who get the most answers correct could win?

Whatever the case, please keep me posted so I can compete for the stuff. :)

Angie

Tote Bag:hyper: to carry my copy of Unoffical Guide::yes:: I would:faint: If you sent it to me.I might go :crazy2: or jump:boat: if you don't send it to me.;)

I know my 11 year old DD would really get a kick out of the watch. We are going to see Wishes for the first time next month. Yes, I did buy a copy of the Unofficial Guide to WDW in preparation for the trip. So the watch would have a good home here if you would like to make her day.:)

Lentesta, maybe you & the webmasters here on the Dis (Pete, in particular) could put your heads :earsgirl: :earsboy: together and come up with something special.

Wow! That's really nice of you Len :) What does the Mickey t-shirt look like?

Out of curiosity ... why did they give you the peanut butter and jam jars? :p

How kind of you..... I like the idea of a trivia contest about the UG. I also buy it every year and it has some of the funniest quotes of ANY book i.e.

"When it comes to Walt Disney World we all agree that you either need a good plan or a frontal lobotomy. The operational definition of self-discovery and spontaneity at Walt Disney World is the "pleasure" of heat prostration and the "joy" of standing in line. "

I always think of that quote when someone asks me if you really need to plan your Disney vacation!

I'm sure you'll come up with a good plan.

I could have used that Wishes watch to time how long it took us to exit park after vieweing the premier of the Wishes Fireworks show on Thursday night! It was insane in there!!! Fortunately it was only oldest dd and me together - she is 12 and tall. I heard a child was trampled that evening - no details however. My mom and rest of group stayed behind until crowd cleared but we had to get up early for surfing lessons at Typhoon.

The show however was AWESOME. I love how they use Castle and its lighting effects and the volleying fireworks behind castle. The music is great too! It is definitely worth seeing - just don't plan on getting out of there fast!

I could probably use that watch to count hours of sleep I got during our week vacation - they would probably fit on that one watch! Okay so we got a bit more than that but I really need a week off to sleep now!

I think an auction with the proceeds going to a charity is a great idea. How about the Wishing Well, Make a Wish or Give the Kids the World? You could put the items up on the DIS auction board. A deserving DIS member would still get the "loot" and it will help to make some child happy.

Originally posted by mad4themouse
I think an auction with the proceeds going to a charity is a great idea. How about the Wishing Well, Make a Wish or Give the Kids the World? You could put the items up on the DIS auction board. A deserving DIS member would still get the "loot" and it will help to make some child happy.

I think thats a good idea.

As an annual passholder to the Unofficial Guide (hey, maybe we need a VIP club for crazy folks like us)...I have looked forward to your inside scoop, and enjoyed your conversations. What ever you decide will be great!!! It is very generous of you. Renessa

My thought was GKTW, but I see that is mentioned. I think that is one of the greatest organizations there is.

Maybe you could list the items in the Dis auctions (do we still have? I have been on a business trip) as was mentioned and we could bid. I'm sure I would buy something!!!

The auction is a great idea...I also ditto the people who have asked about the pb & j. i'd love to know....:)

:Pinkbounc

Hi folks,

Based on the responses we've seen, perhaps the auction is the best way to go, with proceeds going to charity.

I'm not sure why we got the PB&J. The PB was Jif, and the jam was from Smuckers. Smuckers, IIRC, has been a Disney sponsor. I don't know what the parent company of Jif is, but perhaps they have the same connection? Had the nice folks at Wonderbread done something in the Wonders of Life pavilion, I would have been in heaven!

Len

I think it would have been neat if they had given you the PB&J in the same format that the astronauts eat :p

I like the auction for charity idea! Just let us know when and where!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter