Miami & Key Largo

txtxyeha

Mouseketeer
We're staying with a friend near West Palm Beach after our stay at WDW. Part of the trip will be to drive through Miami and down to Key Largo for a couple of days. I have visions of having coffee one morning at a cafe in Miami, and raw oysters at a Margaritaville-type restaurant while watching a sunset in Key Largo. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mile Marker 88 restaurant in Key Largo. Wonderful food, atmosphere and beautiful sunsets. I really enjoyed this restaurant, would highly reccomend it, and would go there again in a heart beat if and when I get a chance to travel to Key Largo again. We did the Florida Keys drive from Key Largo all the way down to Key West.

Enjoy. princess:

The Keys... my second most favorite place in the world!!! Love em, Love em, Love em.... :love: That is a place where you just go with the flow. I tell you that the mood changes once you've gotten over the bridge, just stop at that first gas station and you'll see. I mean they have Wyland portraits on the sides of Kmart down there!! If you could make it to Key West... ahh the sunsets there will break your heart they are so beautiful, and the feeling of relaxed excitement it palpable. Have fun, you'll have no choice!! :banana:

Islamorada Fish Company in Islamorada, FL, is a wonderful spot. Especially if they have the dock dining back open. It was closed a couple of weekends ago when I was down visiting family.

:worship: Islamorada Fish Co. is the Bestest restaurant ever. My DH and I fell in love with that place years ago when we first moved to Florida... and now that we live in NY it is a memory i visit quite often. The dock, the staff, the water, the view, the FOOD :love: . I think that my heart would be broken if we got the chance to go for dinner and they were closed!! :guilty:

So another HUGE thumbsup :thumbsup2 ... you must try their coconut shrimp and their gigantic and tender sea scallops!!

It's nice to know we are not alone in our appreciation for such a great restaurant.... :wave2:
phinz said:
Islamorada Fish Company in Islamorada, FL, is a wonderful spot. Especially if they have the dock dining back open. It was closed a couple of weekends ago when I was down visiting family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter